Louis Cheung Falls in Love with Tavia Yeung During Bathing Scene

By on December 11, 2014 in TV Dramas

Tavia Yeung (楊怡), Louis Cheung (張繼聰), Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇), and Matt Yeung (楊明) attended the blessing ceremony for new TVB period drama, Against the War of Tangxi <逆戰塘西>. Discussing his first time as first male lead, Louis revealed that he will get to see Tavia’s bare back in the series.

Tavia takes on the role as a “Ma Jeh”, a woman who vowed to not marry and remain celibate for life. During a scene, police officer Gam Wah (Louis Cheung) accidentally stumbles upon Leung Sum (Tavia Yeung) as she is taking a bath and falls in love with her. Unaware of Gam Wah’s presence, Leung Sum proceeds with her bath and ends up revealing her bare back. Not embarrassed by scene, Tavia stated, “In the series, Louis peeps on me while I’m taking a bath and I have to reveal my naked back. However, it’s not going to be something sexy.”

Promoted by TVB in the recent years after his debut in Inbound Troubles <老表,你好嘢!>, Louis has been promoted to leading status. While Louis nervous on his first-time collaboration with the TV Queen, Tavia also admitted to feeling a slight pressure on working with Louis. Tavia praised his acting, “I watched him in Black Heart White Soul <忠奸人> and his performance was very good. He has pressure, but I have pressure too. Even though we haven’t been working with each other for long, we’re already good friends and have a good chemistry.”

Sources: On.cc; Ming Pao

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

41 comments to Louis Cheung Falls in Love with Tavia Yeung During Bathing Scene

Gotta admit this is the least atractive looking cast with one very annoying presence and two I can bear to watch. Hopefully story trumps it all

2. mindy says:

I’m actually excited for this series!

Login or Register before you can reply to mindy
    • her replied:

me tooo love louis!

Login or Register before you can reply to her
  3. lemongrass says:

Guess it is a modest kind of scene where it shows some shoulders. TVB can’t be showing off full back as surely its audience will complain. Anyway I don’t think TVB needs to show this to raise its rating. If yes, then surely this is a cheap way. And poor Tavia if it was true that she has to “sell-body” for the drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
  4. Tess says:

I wonder how his wife is going to respond to this.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • freedalas replied:

Likewise, how is Him Law going to respond to this!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
      • natalie replied:

Him Law is the worst example to bring up lol- he strips off in every single drama so he has no right to complain… And no offence, Tavia I really like her but I don’t think she’s considered really “sexy” so I dunno.

Login or Register before you can reply to natalie
  5. evangeline says:

In the other photos, Tavia’s face looks frozen.

Login or Register before you can reply to evangeline
    • Toby replied:

Tavia’s face has looked different throughout the recent years.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
  6. Toby says:

I’m happy that Louis got promoted to lead! He’s awesome in BHWS! Tavia and LXW are very lucky to costar with him

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
    • Loop replied:

Ermmm it should be Louis is lucky to costar with Tavia because he still doesn’t have the potential to become the lead actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to Loop
      • ksten.s replied:

and plus tavia was TV Queen b4 and Louis hasn’t yet won BSA(if I’m right)

Login or Register before you can reply to ksten.s
      • Toby replied:

Louis was the recent and fresh hit with BHWS. Tavia was stagnant for a long time. Now, Louis is more hit than Tavia.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
    • Jane replied:

@toby i dont think so, Tavia will be starring in alot of dramas next year, I think that Louis is still not up for lead yet

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
  7. passingby says:

I kinda like Louis as an actor but sorry, I just can’t see him as the first lead or in a romantic role. It was quite painful to watch him in BHWS as the lover of Leanne.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
    • Toby replied:

Why? Because he doesn’t have good looks? Wayne doesn’t have one either but all his series now he has romance.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • passingby replied:

Maybe I just associate him too much with the gangster kind of look. Maybe he’s too outstanding in BK as the gangster so it sort of sticks in my mind. He was funny in COC tho. Who knows if i see him enough in a romantic role I will change my mind one day, just not at this moment.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
      • Toby replied:

I think you should give Louis a chance first 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
      • passingby replied:

Louis as actor is ok but like I said, as romantic lead is kinda…well…..hmmm. He just has this bad guy look to me which i don’t find attractive.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
    • kolo replied:

agree louis isnt leading material,his acting is good but he isnt a handsome guy,this is a fact that he never can change.he is on his best as a villain.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • Ribb replied:

It’s funny how you said he isn’t a handsome guy. Many not handsome ones are at the top of their acting career … You must be ignorant if you think acting is all bout LOOKS …

Login or Register before you can reply to Ribb
      • Kathy replied:

There are actors out there who fall into the “not handsome” list and still got lead. Moses, Bobby, Wayne, Dayo (who all once got Best Actors)..just to name a few

Login or Register before you can reply to Kathy
      • Fanna replied:

I like how you threw Moses in there cause he is indeed not handsome.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fanna
      • anon replied:

To me, Dayo was actually cute in a comical kind of way when he was younger; not the conventional kind of cute if you know what I mean.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • raymond replied:

lol, at least moses looks better than many ordinary guy lar. haha.
        Anyway, looks really important if you wanted to be very popular and rich. Getting Best Actors from TVB doesnt meant anything much lar. Louis Koo also got it and he tot he really that great but after that he cant get any award outside of tvb. You see Nicholas Tse so fast got it.

Login or Register before you can reply to raymond
      • kolo replied:

ribb are you blind? i said his acting is good but lacks a good look.good looking and and good acting are two different things or are that ignorant not to know that?

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
    • Jj replied:

He is not really good looking, but I think he is very charismatic.
      Sometimes charisma attracts me more than outlook like in the case of louis

Login or Register before you can reply to Jj
  8. Kuks says:

lol, you’re right, not attractive at all. Louis looks better with the facial hair… Curious though, which one is the annoying one? (Lin Xia Wei?)

Login or Register before you can reply to Kuks
  9. wow!!!! LOL##

Login or Register before you can reply to Fredchengfans!
  10. Nori says:

I could tell that TVB ran out of lead. Back then, artists with good look and acting skill like Kenneth Chan, Gilbert Lam never got promoted nor landed leading role. No wonder they had to ask for help from the veterans and also artists left the company mostly on bad term

Login or Register before you can reply to Nori
    • anon replied:

Any idea abt their chinese names cos their names don’t ring a bell. Yeah Louis’ kind of look won’t be considered leading man material 10 years ago no matter how well he acts.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • Nori replied:

陳啟泰and林韋辰. I remember the only series of Kenneth Chan as a lead was One Good Turn Deserves Another with Maggie Cheung Hor Yee. He also appeared alongside with Kathy Chow and Gordon Lam in Time Before Time. As for Gilbert Lam, his only TVB role that impressed was in King of Yesterday and Tomorrow. If you’ve watched their ATV series, they performed very well. Also Florence Kwok is a good actress and I think she has the look too but never got to play leading role. There were still many talents that were never recognized by TVB. That’s why many left mostly on bad term due to poor treatment.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nori
      • anon replied:

Thx Nori. Still have no clue except for kenneth Chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
  11. Loop says:

Tvb is really going down. Why promote Louis to lead?

Login or Register before you can reply to Loop
    • AK65 replied:

Yea I know So crazy!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to AK65
  12. AC says:

This series seems pretty boring, but mainly because I don’t really care for series for this era. However, I’m looking forward to seeing Louis lead!

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  13. joojaibao says:

I’m sorry although Im ok with Louis but i cant see him as male lead and besided isnt it a lil to early to be promoting him that fast???

I wonder what happened to all the male leads such as Kenneth Kevin Bosco and Ruco? I dont see much dramas out for them next year!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    • raymond replied:

The era of now very different from 10 years back where people not even online most of the time. Everything has changed. People started to see the money so heavy. All wanted to strive outside or mainland because of better income. Or venture into businesses and have own business.
      Now that they’ve got some fame , even not filming for drama also able to get good income.

Login or Register before you can reply to raymond
  14. natalie says:

Finally tvb recognises talent! Louis is really charming and his looks might not be so amazing, he has amazing acting chops!

Login or Register before you can reply to natalie
  15. Jane says:

I still dont think Louis is up for Lead actor yet, he does not seem to have any chemistry with Tavia too

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
  16. Polka dot says:

Louis is lucky to be pair with Tavia for his first lead role serie. We should watch the serie first before saying anything this fresh pair might be good might not be who knows until we watch the serie

Login or Register before you can reply to Polka dot