Daniel Wu to Take Yearlong Break from Acting to Spend Time with Daughter

By on November 21, 2013 in NEWS

Above: Daniel Wu stars in new suspense thriller, “Control”.

After finishing promotions for the upcoming suspense thriller Control <控制>, which is scheduled for release on November 22, Daniel Wu (吳彥祖) plans to take a yearlong hiatus in order to spend more time with his wife and daughter.

Since Daniel was not only the star of Control but also the executive producer, he had to put in longer hours than normal, and he and director Kenneth Bi (畢國智) were often the last to leave the set. But as his daughter, Raven Wu (吳斐然), approaches the six-month-old benchmark, Daniel decided to temporarily put work aside and focus on spending time with his family.

Daniel Wu Lisa S. daughter“My daughter is different every day nowadays,” he said. “Her growing up is extremely precious and is something I cannot buy back, no matter how much money I have.”

Daniel recently shared in an interview that he began worrying the moment he learned that his child would be a girl, because he feared what Raven’s future suitors would be like. “I know that boys and men can be bad,” he explained. “I’m afraid that in the future, someone will knock on the door, and standing there will be a man just like me at the time. I will know what he is thinking, and I will want to shut the door!”

His protective instincts also extend to keeping her away from the complications of the entertainment industry, which is why Daniel does not wish to participate in the currently popular reality show, Dad, Where Are We Going? <爸爸去哪兒 >.

“If she wants to enter the entertainment industry, I will do my best to help her, but I still hope that she will become a lawyer or a doctor,” he said. “These were my parents’ expectations for me – I never thought I would have the same expectations for my daughter.

“But I will still give her a free environment in which to grow,” he went on to say. “I want to give her a pressure-free childhood and youth. There will be lots of pressure after she grows up – why force her to endure these when she is little?”

Source: Sina.com

This article is written by Joanna for JayneStars.com.

13 comments to Daniel Wu to Take Yearlong Break from Acting to Spend Time with Daughter

1. jc says:

Daniel’s daughter looks so mature doesn’t look like a baby at all with her tick black hair she looks more like a toddler, I don’t find her cute..that little baby does. but she resemble Daniel more.

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
    • Will replied:

Are you serious?

Login or Register before you can reply to Will
    • UNI replied:

She is one of the most precious and beautiful babies ever! I’m so shocked to say you don’t find her cute at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • yuenyuen replied:

Idk but western (and half-western) babies seem to have stronger facial features than asians. However she’s so cute to me!

Login or Register before you can reply to yuenyuen
  2. Cleo says:

After watching Walking Dead, everyone should become a doctor and a dentist before embarking on their chosen career like that Taiwanese composer who had that hit song about Queen’s Road East, Queen’s Road West.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cleo
  3. turqoise says:

Why are there so many news on daniel Wu? It’s better to have more variety instead of promoting only the same face throughout.

He may be showing he’s a good father but I never think highly of his acting and of his image either, I heard rumours from my friend in hk including his nightlife and arrogant gweilo attitude.

Login or Register before you can reply to turqoise
  4. qwerty says:

He really thinks too highly of his daughter. Who knows maybe his daughter turns out to be a fat, ugly, unwanted lady.

Login or Register before you can reply to qwerty
    • pt replied:

every parent thinks highly of their own children. i’m sure your parents thought highly of you when you were a baby…or maybe not.

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
    • tvbfanatic replied:

As a man I completely understand his thoughts. I thought about what it would be like to have a daughter, and his comment standing and looking at the boyfriend and knowing what he’s thinking about? I’ve thought the same thing. Enough to make your knees weak 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfanatic
    • yuenyuen replied:

Thats mean. You publicly gave bad comments on someone’s baby? hello!?

Login or Register before you can reply to yuenyuen
  5. Phil says:

What father would not want to see his child grow, especially the one that took him over 2.5 years to conceive. Every father only gets one chance to see their children grow and develop, they only get these years once and don’t blow it up. It’s good to see that Daniel views this as a “Miracle” child as it may even be harder for him to try to conceive another child with Lisa S. later on when it comes time to have a sibling for Raven.

Login or Register before you can reply to Phil
  6. choco-bunny says:

Daniel Wu is so paranoid, better ask his daughter to be a nun when she grows up.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
  7. xoxo says:

My God you people are so mean to a baby! She’s such a cutie. And i guess u wont b able to understand until you become a parent yourself. It is only natural and normal to think highly of your kid n feel protective over them..cuz u love them.

Login or Register before you can reply to xoxo