Joey Law Wishes for More Money-making Opportunities in 2019

By on January 1, 2019 in NEWS

Joey Law Wishes for More Money-making Opportunities in 2019

After his breakout performance in Life on the Line <跳躍生命線>, 31-year-old Joey Law (羅天宇) looks forward to more opportunities in the new year. Currently filming Her, Her, Her Girl’s Generation <她。她。她的少女時代> with Kristal Tin (田蕊妮), Joey admits he is entranced by her acting and has a lot to learn from the TV Queen.

Filming for the new TVB comedy is underway and the cast didn’t get any days off despite the holidays. On Christmas Eve, Joey and Kristal filmed an outdoor scene in the cold weather. Asked if he felt pressure working with Kristal, Joey said, “Yes, it’s tough. Her acting is too good and I was able to feel her efforts. Although we are co-stars, I would become fascinated by her performance and get distracted with my own role. I really enjoy filming with Kristal as I can learn a lot from her, but the hardest is focusing on my own part.”

Portraying a fitness trainer in Her, Her, Her Girl’s Generation, Joey made sure he looked his fittest. He said, “I’ve been eating plain meals every day. I couldn’t break my diet despite the Christmas holiday. Whenever I have free time, I’ll go play basketball and weight train. I can’t be lazy.”

The new year sounds like it’s off to a busy start for Joey, but he doesn’t mind. His wish for 2019 is to earn and save more money, so he can afford a comfortable home for his family.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Joey Law Wishes for More Money-making Opportunities in 2019

• Netizens Demand Joey Law and Roxanne Tong to Get Back Together(1)
  • Are Roxanne Tong and Joey Law Back Together?(0)
  • Chapman To Brings Woman Back Home While Kristal Tin is Away(2)
  • Kristal Tin on Entering Her 40s(1)
  • Past ATV Fadans: Where Are They Now?(15)
  • Joey Law Responds to Dating Rumors with Jeannie Chan(1)
  • Kristal Tin: "I Once Hated Myself"(0)
  • Kristal Tin's Sexy Photos for Album Revealed(5)
  • Kristal Tin Wins Jade Solid Gold Singing Award(18)
  • Kristal Tin and Raymond Cho Star in "Her, Her, Her Girls' Generation"(0)

• 10 comments to Joey Law Wishes for More Money-making Opportunities in 2019

1. jjwong says:

…if LotL was his “breakout role,” then he’s seriously should quit acting… He was as wooden as Joe! Though Joe had an excuse (botox), Joey managed to mimic a botox-like expression 98ish% of the time. He’s new though. He has time to learn!

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
      • passingby replied:

@jjwong lol but I agree with you. Joey was so wooden in that drama I seriously don’t understand the praises heaped on him. Maybe he was a lot worse in his previous dramas………

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
      • kuks replied:

@jjwong I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought this. He was so boring to watch, closely followed by Kelly

Login or Register before you can reply to kuks
      • mike replied:

@jjwong Is it still worth watching Life on the Line or don’t listen to the press about it being a good watch?

Login or Register before you can reply to mike
        • ivan replied:

@mike it’s actually a very meaningful and touching drama . Loved the short monologues at the end of most of the episodes , very meaningful .u should give it a try 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to ivan
        • passingby replied:

@mike first 5 episodes are watchable, then it goes downhill. Too much melodrama eg cancer stricken grandma trying to hide it from granddaughter, unnecessary death of one of the paramedics (Bob falling through a hole in the floor while attending to a medical emergency) , Arnold (forgot his character’s name) with a chip on his shoulder cos he didn’t make it to medical school, coming from a family of doctors etc. Tests your patience having to sit through those boring crap.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
      • littlefish replied:

@jjwong Uhm, I’m so different from you guys, Joey’s storyline is possibly the only one that make me continue to watch. I love Joe but his storyline was so boring, I kinda lost interest. And the other dude is the typical TVB main lead, which is pretty meh, and his love interest is annoying in a way.

Joey’s acting, I don’t find it wooden, it has the subtlety needed for a mature character. When he’s acting cold at work, it’s actually a good cold face, because you seriously think he’s one of those bad dude, but he does think about the inputs everyone gave him. Initially I thought he was gonna be an a$$ type, but he shows that he can be professional at work and a warm person at home. And his smile is brilliant (yes, I’m his fan girl after the series lol). Anyway atm he possibly the best looking out of tvb for me, so imma check out his next drama :p

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
        • jjwong replied:

@mike it’s not an exciting series. However, it’s not too OTT. It has a homey, slice of life feel; but it’s bland. None of the characters and acting wow me. It’s good background noise IMHO.

@littlefish that’s why I said 98%, lol. 2% his wooden (or the more popular, politically correct, proper excuse is stoic) worked. He had plenty of time to show more range and emotion, and his character still makes sense. 99% of the scenes outside of the fire station. E.g. times with Lau Lan (? the grandma), times with Jeannie, and like you said when he’s at home, he’s meant to be warm, didn’t see that on his acting. I mean, the kid who played the younger him had more emotion! Lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
    2. coralie says:

He’s so wooden. I only liked Matthew Ho who actually has expressions. Compared to Matthew, Joey stinks & i think Joey’s already been in the industry longer.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    3. says:

He had a lack of facial expressions but I guess his character was little stoic too. I’ve always found him a little wooden, such as back in Come Home Love. He’s still has time to improve. Maybe next time he can have a better “breakout role”.

Login or Register before you can reply to