Li Bingbing, Huang Xiaoming and Ren Quan Invest in Hotpot Shop

By on February 8, 2014 in NEWS

After Li Bingbing (李冰冰) and Ren Quan (任泉) watched American Dreams in China <中國合伙人> together, they were so inspired that they decided to invest in a restaurant together. They invited American Dreams star, Huang Xiaoming (黃曉明) to join them in the business venture.

Li Bingbing and Ren Quan were in Beijing for Hot No. 1’s opening ceremony last month. The restaurant specializes in spicy hotpot broths, and generated excitement with its opening due to the celebrity owners. Because of his filming commitments, Huang Xiaoming did not attend.

Li Bingbing revealed that during their university days, Ren Quan once borrowed 40,000 RMB from her to open a restaurant. Afraid that the business will go bust soon after, Li Bingbing lent him the money, without asking for any interest. To her surprise, Ren Quan’s restaurant began to make profits soon after. Confident with Ren Quan’s restaurant management skills, Li Bingbing did not hesitate in investing in his new hotpot shop.

Aside from their restaurant venture together, Li Bingbing and Ren Quan also invested in a film together. Temporarily titled, Zhang Zhen’s Stories <張震講故事>, Li Bingbing and Ren Quan will co-produce the movie together. Li Bingbing joked that Huang Xiaoming was not invited to invest in the film as a punishment for not attending the hotpot’s opening ceremony. She also revealed the earnings from the restaurant will be split equally among the three partners.

Li bingbing hotpot 2  Li Bingbing hotpot 3  Li Bingbing hotpot 5

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

10 comments to Li Bingbing, Huang Xiaoming and Ren Quan Invest in Hotpot Shop

1. HeTieShou says:

I did not know they were friends in real life. Great to know that they are.hope their business does well.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
      Looks like a very high-end hot pot restaurant. Love the decor and the food looks good.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • HeTieShou replied:

Jayne,
        Yes, it does and I really wonder if it is only for the wealthy? I really hope that even common folks can afford it or else you really wonder his many customers they will have?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

If you can afford it it doesn’t matter if it is affordable for common folks. It does look like a high end hotpot shop. Can’t afford it? Well go to a cheaper one which I am sure more established.

2. miss unknown says:

Do you have the address for the location? I would love to try it I get to over to China later on. Hot Pot in China was delicious when I had it over there!

Login or Register before you can reply to miss unknown
    • jayne replied:

miss unknown,

Here is the address of Li Bingbing’s hotpot restaurant (from its official Weibo site):

#place" rel="nofollow">http://www.weibo.com/p/1006063923574496/info?from=page_100606&mod=TAB #place

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  3. Kidd says:

Is Ren Quan still acting? I miss watching him onscreen. I like him a lot as Gongsun Che.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • HeTieShou replied:

I think he is but in movies and is producing too.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  4. kiwi says:

High-end hot pot because of the celebrity owners. The food looks so-so to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  5. Jessica says: