Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh Win Top Awards at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

By on November 23, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 concluded on November 23. Popular drama Line Walker <使徒行者> swept nearly all the major awards categories, including My Favorite Actress for Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) as well as My Favorite Drama.  Roger Kwok (郭晉安) won My Favorite Actor for his powerful performance in Black Heart White Soul <忠奸人>.

Three-time TV King, Roger Kwok, is grateful towards TVB for casting him in Black Heart White Soul, which allowed him to push his own acting limits.  Moved by the overwhelming response the drama generated, Roger said in his acceptance speech, “When I returned to TVB and my colleagues came up to praise my performance, I went to the restroom to cry each time. I was crying tears of happiness.” He also praised his co-stars Kristal Tin (田蕊妮) and Louis Cheung (張繼聰) for their fine performances in the drama.

Thanking Malaysian viewers for their support over the years, Roger said, “I’m very happy that my dramas were broadcast while you were growing up! If I had a bit of an impact, I’m already very honored! No matter what award I receive, I will greatly cherish it!”

Although it has been two years since Charmaine Sheh’s  TVB dramas were aired on screen, Line Walker quickly boosted Charmaine’s popularity back to the top. Thanking fans for their votes, Charmaine pointed out that filming Line Walker was a difficult, but rewarding experience. “We encountered many challenges, with some cast members getting injured and not feeling well on set. But we did not complain and were very united.”

Line Walker‘s success extended to other awards categories, helping Benz Hui (許紹雄) win My Favorite Supporting Actor, Sharon Chan (陳敏之) for My Favorite Supporting Actress, Sammy Sum (沈震軒) for My Favorite Most Improved Actor, and Samantha Ko ( 高海寧) for My Favorite Most Improved Actress.

Although Line Walker stars Michael Miu (苗僑偉) and Raymond Lam (林峰) were unable to attend, they won My Favorite Character awards and thanked viewers in pre-recorded video clips.

Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) scored a double victory for romantic comedy Outbound Love <單戀雙城>, which was filmed partially in Malaysia. He received My Favorite Character and My Favorite Onscreen Couple awards for the drama. However, co-star Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) was unable to attend due to her second pregnancy. Ruco hopes to be able to continue delighting viewers with different roles and to be able to film another drama in Malaysia.

Appearing as a special guest presenter at the ceremony, Andy Lau (劉德華) gave the TVB Star Achievement awards to Lau Kong (劉江) and Helena Law (羅蘭). Over their prolific 40-year acting careers, the veteran artistes appeared in many dramas and mentored younger artistes with their experience. Lau Kong and Helena were grateful for the recognition and thanked both TVB and Astro.

Complete results of the of the TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014:

11. Michael Miu in Line Walker
12. Raymond Lam in Line Walker
13. Linda Chung as in All That is Bitter is Sweet
14. Kenneth Ma in Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain
15. Selena Li in Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain

Sources: On.ccOn.cc; On.cc; On.cc; On.cc; On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

• [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Red Carpet Fashions(60)
  • Competition Heats Up for TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014(88)
  • [Review] "Line Walker" (By Miriamfanz)(165)
  • Who is the Fifth Undercover Cop in "Line Walker"?(153)
  • Charmaine Sheh Hits “Little Raymond” in Jealous Fit(54)
  • Spoilers for TVB Drama “Line Walker”(43)
  • Synopsis of TVB Crime Thriller, “Line Walker”(44)
  • 2014 TVB Calendar(81)
  • Hong Kong Celebrities Embrace the No Makeup Trend(25)
  • 2018 May Crown a New TV King(9)

• 210 comments to Roger Kwok and Charmaine Sheh Win Top Awards at TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014

1. miriamfanz says:

Seriously, is there something others see that I don’t see in Sharon Chan’s performances?

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • lkv replied:

That why many awards have lost in value and many awards have been invented just for the shake of giving awards

Login or Register before you can reply to lkv
        • Ross replied:

@Raymond….ahem…you are right …if based on voting sentiments of Malaysian viewers, Ruco & Aimee stand a better great chance of winning most fav onscreen couple, undoubtedly due to to the huge publicity generated by them when they were here filming OL. It would possibly be a different outcome in another place.

We (my family members) scored right on:
          1. Fav drama series -line walker
          2. Fav actress in a leading role – Charmaine
          3. Fav actor in a supporting role – Benz Hui
          4. Fav on screen couple – Ruco&Aimee
          5. Fav most improved actor – Sammy sum
          6. Fav informational tv program – Wellness on d Go2
          7. Fav tv variety host – Nancy Sit&Wong Cho Lam
          8. Fav theme song – line walker’s ending theme

A total of 8 had won as anticipated.

One more thing, theme songs leave a lasting impressions on the series we watch so HKTV should tap on these in the future drama series they produce…..many successful TV series ride on the popular songs which are currently hold by TVB HK, Korean, Taiwanese & Chinese TV productions.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ross
        • Ross replied:

Funny though, 1 of the category was CLOSED/BARRED from voting. System error perhaps.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ross
        • azndoraemon replied:

IKV: I say the same. Awards are giving out every year and I don’t see any value in them anymore since I feel like they just give them out just for the shake of it.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
      • sandcherry replied:

You did not miss anything in Sharon Chan’s performances because there wasn’t any good performances, especially in “Line Walker”. She was the least-deserved artiste for the top awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Funn Lim replied:

inches of legs

• Eric replied:

the magic 42 number.

Login or Register before you can reply to Eric
        • anon replied:

Her legs are skinny and shapeless. With the short puffy ballet-type dresses she loves to wear to flaunt them, she reminds me of a flamingo.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • ria replied:

Any body know where I can watch it online thx ?

Login or Register before you can reply to ria
      • Toby replied:

Same here! What has Sharon Chan got that makes her win the award? She’s horrendous in all her performances this year! All around me I see people in disbelief about her win and complains about her acting!

Other than that I’m happy about other awards!

• purplecat replied:

Couldn’t agree with you more. Can’t act, always showing off her legs.

Login or Register before you can reply to purplecat
    2. pt says:

yay !!!!! congrats to charmaine and roger !!!! they really deserve it 🙂 hope the tvb award in december will be the same 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to pt
      • Chloe Lee replied:

yay!! agree. Congratulation to Charmaine and Roger.
        And Line Walker for winning the best series.
        Very well deserved.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe Lee
      • sandcherry replied:

Congratulations, Charmaine Sheh and Roger Kwok. They well deserved them.

I am glad that “Line Walker” got “My Favourite Drama”. Congratulations to the whole cast and crew! Good work!

Charmaine looked very pretty in her outfit.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    3. Chloe Lee says:

For Most Improved Actor and Actress – Sammy Shum and Samantha Ko, I dont think they won for their role in Line Walker, it is for their overall performance for the year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe Lee
    4. Chloe Lee says:

But totally disagree with the Best Onscreen Couple – totally bleh…

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe Lee
      • raymond replied:

This is held Malaysia and voted mostly by malaysian fans lar. And the drama was filmed in Malaysia. So by right they will support the outbound love. So it doesnt mean aime and ruco the best on-screen couple but more likable by the Malaysian voters.

Login or Register before you can reply to raymond
    5. Rain_nie says:

Yeah!
      Except I don’t agree with the award for Sharon performance. Elena Kong outshined her as supporting actress.
      Best onscreen couple was definitely Raymond & Charmaine. Their chemistry sparkled.
      Another missing recognition is Louis Cheung in Black heart white soul. He outshined in every scene he was in!

Login or Register before you can reply to Rain_nie
      • sandcherry replied:

Totally agree with the above.

Sharon Chan is the least deserved artiste for the top awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • cindy replied:

I’m with you 100%! Sharon’s performance was so bleh. Elena Kong definitely did a far better job. Raymond and Charmaine was so natural, funny and adorable. They actually made me giggle a few times. Louis Cheung has been good in every role given to him.

Login or Register before you can reply to cindy
      • Toby replied:

Totally agree. Sharon doesn’t deserve the award. Some executives might love her.

• LYLJ replied:

Absolutely agree. Well said Rain_nie.!!

Login or Register before you can reply to LYLJ
      • purplecat replied:

Agreed! Sharon don’t deserve the award. Louis Cheung should win the best supporting or improved award, never mind there’s another year, he has potential.

Login or Register before you can reply to purplecat
      • shanise replied:

i totally agree with you, Rain_nie.I’m malaysian and i voted for Louis Cheung for Best Supporting Role and Most improved Actor.He did pretty well in Come On Cousin and BHWS. He deserves some recognition.
        Elena Kong is great! I like her!

Login or Register before you can reply to shanise
    6. Daisy says:

Happy Selena won an award! Wish Leanne Li & Louis Cheung won awards though.. They shined the most this year to me! Sad Sharon won again…

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
      • Jennifer replied:

Agree. Never really noticed those two but after watching BSWH and their current drama, Come on Cousin, I’m actually surprised of how good of an actor/actress they are. Sigh :/

Login or Register before you can reply to Jennifer
    7. raymond says:

It was so touching moment during Andy Lau’s speech and also when Andy delivering the awards to Lau Kong and Helena Law.
      RICKY, although TVB might not be performing that well over the years, but the competitive advantage that TVB produced over its 48 years in the industry, you can never imitate it easily.
      You dont think if you have the money then can easily grab important stars from TVB. Dream longer. The most just can grab those Keh Leh Feh which is so unimportant. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to raymond
      • patt replied:

where can i watch this?

Login or Register before you can reply to patt
      • Tim replied:

Ricky and his hktv is going down anyway

Login or Register before you can reply to Tim
      • Bryan Chan replied:

I really surprised to see Andy Lau became the guest award presenter. Such a great honour to see her physically present in Genting Highlands. Specially thanks to him for being Malaysian’s son in law.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bryan Chan
      • HeTieShou replied:

What did Andy say? I have a feeling it should be touching since Andy worked with both Helena and Lau Kong early in his career at TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Vivian lee replied:

You really don’t know what is Gd acting .. Charmaine is the best best actress in TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivian lee
    8. Tess says:

I wonder what will the outcome of the upcoming actual TVB award ceremony would be like?

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    9. jo_op says:

IMO Elena Kong is much much better than Sharon.

Login or Register before you can reply to jo_op
      • Vannn replied:

Yes way better

Login or Register before you can reply to Vannn
    10. joojaibao says:

Yay congratz to Roger and Charmaine they well deserved it I knew Roger will win the award for BHWS he was superb at filming that character her very well deserved it!!!

Charmaine did an awesome job too glad she got it I was worried that Kate might get it sigh of relief..

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    11. Wow! Congrats to all my favourite actress that won a award!! So happy that charmaine won again in malaysia! And roger kwok! Yeah!! I love the ending theme song of line walker from:jinny ng! Is so awesome!!!!!!!!! Loved it so much!!!!!!!!! But to congrats to the others!

Login or Register before you can reply to Afterschool17
      • Bryan Chan replied:

I actually prefer on M Club’s theme song but didn’t win… Sad…

Login or Register before you can reply to Bryan Chan
    12. Hannah says:

Sharon again? My gosh…I hope she doesn’t win again for TVB.

Charmaine’s gonna sweep the Best Actress award. Maybe a repeat for Roger at the TVB’s one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    13. Shannon says:

Yayyyyyyyyy! Congrats to Charmaine and roger!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
    14. Vivi says:

Is this only broadcasted on tv? Cant find any online video for it

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivi
      • YanYanKong replied:

I was searching too, but no luck. Where can I watch it?

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    15. Dan says:

Roger will probably win the my favourite character at tvb this year

Login or Register before you can reply to Dan
    16. Shannon says:

Btw, love Charmaine’s dress!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
      • Conscience replied:

Yes, Charmaine’s dress was beautiful. Very happy Charmaine won Best Actress again in Malaysia. She deserved it and she really cried out yesterday night to see so many Malaysian fans support her. Congrats Charmaine.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • HeTieShou replied:

Me too. That is a very pretty dress and much better than many of dresses at awards ceremonies lately.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    17. TN1 says:

YAY to all d winners n ESPECIALLY to Charmaine Sheh n Roger Kwok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
    18. Info says:

here’s a video of it:

Login or Register before you can reply to Info
      • Puff replied:

Info, that’s not a link to TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014. It’s an odd Korean channel. If you’ve done it intentionally, that’s mean…

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff

Suddenly most got their fashion sense back! I will vote for Tavia as best dressed and she looked almost current. However I am baffled why she kept saying her dress is tight, maybe she doesn’t have much to say. Charmaine looked lovely, almost like colour coordinated with Ruco. And nice she is paired with Ruco.

Whilst Ruco didn’t win the major award, Roger deserved it. He is gonna be TV king at TVB this year unless Wayne finishes on a high with Overachievers.

Why Sharon won is as mysterious is why Linda is looking like she is in pain.

Sammy Shum looks scrumptious on tv. He is my Wallace Huo on HDTV with the style of Aaron Kwok. He however needs to work on people’s skill.

I must praise May Chan. She went all out, so did poor Bob. It must have been cold and there he was shirtless.

Overall a nice event except for some horrendous singing and I suppose pre recorded singing.

By the way Andy Lau was a nice touch. Gracious of him to do what he did.

• sehseh replied:

Since Ruco n Charmaine share the same manager it’s possible they did coordinate the outfit. We even joked it looked like their wedding when they walked out.

Linda, Ruco and Charmaine chatted a lot off screen, they even took selfie together.

Sammy was very well received, alk those cheering! Even the camera loved him.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • anon replied:

Bleh, never found him hot. If not for the hype due to LW, he’ll still be a relatively unknown second/third liner.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • alice replied:

Sammy is in no way called handsome, dislikes his “long shoehorn chin”.

Login or Register before you can reply to alice
      • sehseh replied:

Speaking of May Chan she was very friendly and even stopped to pose and sign autographs when she was leaving the after party venue.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • Funn Lim replied:

She lost so much weight and she is naturally pretty. Sehseh did I hear wrong when the host said the voting counts for only 70%???

• Funn Lim replied:

Sehseh, one question. Who was the LEAST friendly. Come on, dish out the dirt!!

• sehseh replied:

I think the host did mentioned abt having judging panel + public voting.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • sehseh replied:

Least friendly? I don’t have time to pay attention on diva but overall, the mood for this batch of artistes is good.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • Toby replied:

Have the artistes leave Malaysia already?

• Toby replied:

Sehseh who is the most handsome face among them all? Ruco or Sammy? I don’t think Him Law handsome at all so him not included.

• Toby replied:

I’ve heard friends said Selena Li is the prettiest in person and Kate is very short without heels.

• sehseh replied:

The artistes are leaving in different flights today so I’m not sure who left/not yet.

Charmaine, Kenneth, Kate, Sammy, Law Lan, Lau Kong, Samantha (and I think Jinny) shared the same flight.

I’m biased, so the prettiest is Charmaine 😛 No kidding, she was glowing 🙂

p.s. Kenneth wear very casually and didn’t style his hair, I didn’t realize he was next to Charmaine until I reviewed the pics I took XD

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • sehseh replied:

Oh yes Sammy is very handsome, he have prominent facial features. He is the most handsome, followed by Fred Cheng last night.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • Toby replied:

Charmaine looks so younger than her age. She’s among few who rocks the hairstyle well!

So who’s the most pretty boy? Ruco? Sammy? 😀

• sehseh replied:

My comment is awaiting moderation but I consider Sammy as the most handsome because of his prominent facial feature.

Ruco is dashing, a gentleman but I do not consider him among the best looking TVB actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • Toby replied:

Ok nvm just got news my friend super happy said everyone went back to HK in two separate flights but she didn’t see Linda Chung, Andy Lau, and Bosco. Pity my friend actually wish to send Linda off.

Him and Tavia walk together at airport. Still wanna deny.

• KayBB replied:

@Toby Your friend must not be a true Linda fan. Her fans already knew that she has an event in Malaysia today and will go back to HK tomorrow

Login or Register before you can reply to KayBB
        • Lilian Chang replied:

Charmaine looks so pretty, gorgeous and young for her age.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
        • anon replied:

Voting accounts for only 70% (seems this was only made known to the audience on the night of the awards). In other words, TVB gave the awards to whoever they want, in the name of the 30% judging panel. There’s no way Roger is more popular than Ruco in Malaysia. He and Kristal didn’t even make it to Top 3 in the couples category. Fans voting him in the Fave actor category would likely vote him in the couples category too but they were not even in Top 3. We can infer that his popular votes are less than Ruco who also won the couples category based on his popularity and not Aimee’s since she didn’t even win any of the fave character. TVB robbed Ruco again.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • anon replied:

I can’t agree with you more that Sammy has very prominent feature – his lower features look weird esp that part of his face betw his upper lip and lower part of his nose. Thet remind me of a gorilla.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • groundhog replied:

@Toby
          I have seen both Ruco and Sammy in a promotion function of All that is Bitter is Sweet. Ruco attracted all my attention even though with his bald head, and my eyes just focused on and followed him during the whole function. He is very man and at the same time smiles/laughs boyishly, very attractive. He shines like a star but at the same time very friendly to his fans. My friend attended the function with her little daughter. The little girl kept on shouting the artists’ names when they left but no artist showed any response except Linda and Ruco. Linda just said hi without any facial expression. Surprisingly, although Ruco has many fans shouting his name which he responded by waving his hands to them, he was the only artist that smiled to the little girl, slightly pat her head and praised her as a pretty girl and nodded head to my friend (little girl’s mother), very gentleman that made him very attractive. The little girl said “Chin Pang GorGor is very good and handsome”. As for Sammy, I didn’t pay any attention to him since in my eyes, he was just an artist without star quality.

Login or Register before you can reply to groundhog
        • RC replied:

@anon: Agree…there is no way Roger is more popular than Ruco in Malaysia. Roger didn’t come in top 3 in the 1st week of voting. The serial BHWS didn’t come in top 3 at the award ceremony for Fave Drama. Roger and Kristal didn’t come in Top 3 in the Fave Couple category. Like u said, fans will be voting for categories for Roger if he was the real winner. On the other hand, Ruco was top 3 in BA, OL was top 3 in Fave Drama, he and Aimee were Top 3 in Fave Couple. Ruco’s info program about health/exercise even won the award for Best Info Program award. This goes to show how popular Ruco is in Malaysia (and he’s super popular in S’pore too).
          I like Roger and he is a good actor too. But he’s definitely not as versatile as Ruco. Roger definitely cannot pull off as Carson in ROE or as Sam in BK.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • Toby replied:

Thanks groundhog! That’s so beautiful of Ruco! I’m proud to be his fan. I can sort of imagine his smile towards the little girl. Aww how warm it is!

Quite disappointed and surprised at Linda’s cold response. I thought she’s the warm and friendly one.

• Toby replied:

Yar I also know Ruco is very popular in Malaysia. Just like what others said I think that 30% is played by TVB. Roger is great in BHWS but if this is popukarity game, Ruco is clearly the true winner if no prearrangement done by TVB. How Ruco won the couple award shows this. Aimee isn’t that popular and neither does the pairing but Ruco has lots of devoted fans 🙂

• Polaris replied:

Responding to Toby’s remark, Bosco didn’t join the groups back to HK because he flew straight to London from Malaysia, to attend a film festival for his movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Polaris
        • anon replied:

@RC, yes very good analysis. I had forgotten that BHWS didn’t come in top 3 in the fave dramas. Yes Ruco is definitely popular in Malaysia as evidenced by all the categories he was voted in coming out tops(eventual winner) or top 3 (for fave actor,he was in top 3 throughout the voting period). Roger on the other hand was in top 3 for fave actor only in second week, his drama BHWS and fave couple with Kristal didn’t even come out in Top 3 at all. So how did he win fave actor if it wasn’t for the 30% judges’ voting which rigged it for him? Play dirty!

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • wp replied:

@groundhog
          Agree with you, Ruco is the most charming actor I have ever seen. I believe not many actors have the confidence to attend events bald.

Login or Register before you can reply to wp
        • coco replied:

I agree that Ruco is not among the most handsome of TVB actors but he is certainly very dashing, gentlemanly, talented and intelligent, qualities which are more impt than just being good looking.

Login or Register before you can reply to coco
        • choco-bunny replied:

Most handsome or not is subjective like how people argue all the time about Ms HK and other beauty contestants. However to me, Ruco’s the most handsome. Not only that, I admire his good character and personality which is obvious in all the interviews I’ve seen or heard and in his interactions with his seniors, peers, friends and fans. His friends are not the particularly rich or famous or influential but it doesn’t matter to him. Most importantly he’s a filial son and anyone who’s a filial son cannot be of bad character. So to me he’s the perfect “suen poon” with looks and character.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
        • coco replied:

Choco-bunny. Doesn’t matter whether fans consider Ruco as the most or least handsome. All agree that we love him because of his talent, great character& personality. Beauty fades with age but gd character lasts forever so we know we will not be fickle -minded but loyal fans.

Login or Register before you can reply to coco
      • HeTieShou replied:

@funn,
        What did Andy do? I know he gave a great speech. What did he say? I am trying to search for this show to watch but I wonder if it is going to be uploaded or not.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Funn Lim replied:

I am sure the video is out there somewhere! Too long to recap, all I can say he was very eloquent and classy and seems genuine in his affection for his 2 co stars when he was at TVB for shocking ONLY 5 years!

• llwy21 replied:

The interview that Andy did afterwards with TVB’s reporter was also very classy. He said that the organizers (of the award ceremony) asked him to just record a video segment, but instead, he chose to come in person because he wanted to see Lau Kong and Helena and spend some time with them. The reporter asked Andy again if he was serious about returning to film a series and he said only if he could film with Lau Kong and Helena again. They even started recounting some of the series they had filmed together and shared more memories of filming back then.

It’s obvious that Andy has alot of respect and affection for Lau Kong and Helena — they filmed many series together and the 2 of them taught Andy alot. Otherwise he would not have taken the time out of his busy schedule to fly to Malaysia and present the award to them in person.

Congrats again to Lau Kong and Helena!

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy21
        • HeTieShou replied:

Thanks for the info Funn and llwy12! I really need to search for the video,since I really want to see how it all was and what Andy really said. I just read other articles about it and was very touched. It is great that Andy developed such deep relations with his colleagues during his time at TVB. I remember some series with him and Helena but do not remember any with Lau Kong off the top of my head besides Yang’s Saga but they did not share any scenes together. Helena said that she remembers playing his wet nurse in Take care your highness. I am so shocked that she remembers since she was only in that series very briefly. I guess that shows how deep their relations are which is very touching and hope that Andy can come back and in a series with them again.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • HeTieShou replied:

Congrats to Lau Kong, Helena and all of the winners!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    20. Hannahh says:

Congratz to every1! Good on Roger n Charmaine! I can’t believe Sharon won supporting award.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    21. Toby says:

I’m so happy Charmaine won and no complains about Roger winning to. Both deserves it!

I’m happy too that Ruco is paired with Charmaine in a very coordinating colour! They look great! I love this pairing! Ruco deserves pairing like this instead of babysitting newbies like Grace Chan and weak actresses like Linda.

22. joshua says:

Is there a reason why Vivian Yeo is still competing in the Most Improved Actress category after all these years?

Login or Register before you can reply to joshua
    23. P. Tan says:

I’m glad Charmaine and Roger won the awards as I had hoped. They were both super in their parts. I agree with those who were against Sharon getting her award as I feel I’d rather Elena win it.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
      • Toby replied:

Same here. For me it’s Elena or Mary Hon. I even think Leanne Li and Ivana Wong did better as a supporting actress than Sharon in all her series this year!

24. janet says:

Sharon chan has plenty of leg to show.
      other than that, she lacks acting skills.
      Elena Kong and Mary Hon are great…in fact, elena has a very classy look.
      Benz Hui should get the Best Actor award in Line Walker.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    25. Nigel says:

Not only Sharon is overrated, this Charmaine also. Can’t understand how she can win. Her acting sucks big time coupled with her teh pau cutesy look. I meant you can be cute in your early twenties but now at her age??? Gosh all these tvb awards mean nothing really!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nigel
      • kim replied:

Hello i think you the only one who feels unhappy Charmaine won , Do you know what is good acting ???? Chairmaine acting is the best among all female artiste and she deserved the award !!!

Login or Register before you can reply to kim
        • sandcherry replied:

Agree 100+% ………………”Charmaine’s acting is the best among all female artistes and she deserved the award !!!”

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • anon replied:

No Tavia is better, imo. Her acting is more natural and not so exaggerated. Cannot stand the way she tries to act cutesy.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • Shannon replied:

CHARMAINE IS THE BEST!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
      • joyce replied:

agreed

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
        • joyce replied:

I mean I agreed her acting suck.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
        • anon replied:

Agree

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • Vivian lee replied:

You are the only person whose said her acting suck . Meaning you really don’t know what is Gd acting or actress .. Charmaine was a top best acting female actress in TVB so far none of any one can compete w her …

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivian lee
        • Lilian Chang replied:

Joyce is a pathetic Tavia’s die hard fan…Kekekeke She’s working to hard on Him Law than her drama…Hahah

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
      • Lilian Chang replied:

Obviouly, you dont know what is good acting…LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
      • anon replied:

Agree, agree

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • Shannon replied:

I actually think that Charmaine pulls off the cutesy look well, way more than Tavia even though she is younger.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
    26. Jane says:

Congrats to Charmaine and Roger!! Hope they will get the TV king and Queen award this year!!!

Was really surprised that Andy Lau came, and the speech he gave was awesome!!

Congrats to the other TVB artists that won the awards!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
      • HeTieShou replied:

Where can I watch this show? Sounds like a great event! It is great that Andy came and gave a good speech.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    27. bubbles says:

wow line walker swept the awards. Sharon did not perform up to par for it

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles
    28. jamie says:

Dayo Wong won big in HK , but nothing in Malaysia !! What a joke !!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to jamie
      • kcusu replied:

This is based purely on voting. Do you think dayo has a fan based in malaysia? Plus bounty lady aired last year. People have moved on. Was he even nominated? So what’s the joke?

Login or Register before you can reply to kcusu
        • Alluka replied:

If Dayo has no fan in Msia, who went to his stand-up comedy show last time? Check your fact.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • kcusu replied:

Did I attend his 2010 and 2011 stand up comedy? Yes. But am I his fans? No. Did I vote for him? No. I wasn’t even aware that he was nominated. I know my facts. You’re welcome

Login or Register before you can reply to kcusu
        • Alluka replied:

Fair enough, I didnt attend his stand-up comedy show nor his fans. But ask me if I will vote for him last year? I will say YES.

I dont think TVB has ever had a pure voting award, including the ones in Singapore and Msia. Therefore you cant say Dayo doesnt have a fanbase to vote. Basically, he didnt fall into the group of awarding this year in the plan of TVB. TVB plans to divide the porks and Dayo had his last year with TVB, so this year he is out-listed.

On the other hand, I satisfy with this AOD Star award. I cherish Roger as a winner. Next time at the TVB one if Roger is the winner, I will cherish as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • sehseh replied:

Honestly, I bought his original DVDs and tickets to his upcoming stand up comedy show next year, but I did not vote for Dayo.

Do I like Dayo? Yes. Is he a good actor? Yes. But to me his Bounty Hunter role is not memorable at all and doesn’t pull me to vote for him consistently. I only vote Fav Character for him.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • kcusu replied:

Alluka, you need facts to support your claim. What evidence do you have to support your statement (that the results are prearranged by tvb)?

Login or Register before you can reply to kcusu
        • Alluka replied:

Since you ask for it, I will feel happy to let you see what happened in AOD Star award:

LF received one award but he didnt attend the function. Therefore the organiser showed a clip recorded before the award ceremony to accept the award. He hold the award on his hand. It will be very ok if the clip wasnt recorded on 7 November ie. 9 days before the last day of voting.

Note: Reason for me to find out the date of the clip is his outfit. The clip was recorded on his function held in 7 November. On that day, some fan shot a picture of him holding an award, therefore it cant be explained as another day with same outfit.

Ok, back to the topic. The voting of AOD Star was from 24 Oct to 16 Nov (officially stated in the website of AOD, you can go to check again). So if it was a fair and square voting game, how can an award is sent 9 days before the voting ends. They should know that many things can be changed in 9 days.

On the other hand, Micheal Miu also has his clip to be recorded on 15 Nov (based on his outfit in the clip).

Additionally, the artists confirmed their attendance quite soon, few days before 16 Nov. It happened the same in StarHub 2014 when the artists confirmed their attendance several days before the voting ended. All the attendants have at least one award (exclude the ones who are there to perform). If there wasnt any prearrangement, they cant know that they will have an award to confirm the attendance before the last date of voting.

In conclusion, it shows that the awards are prearranged in the closed door despite TVB announced of pure voting system to award.

P/S: I feel fine with the results of TVB Star award although there are prearrangements. I cherish Roger and Ah Sheh to win and if it is repeated on the end-year award of TVB, it will be ok to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • A replied:

Maybe the award was not given to them but only for the video and will only be given to them if they really won?

Login or Register before you can reply to A
        • Alluka replied:

@A: you mean they gave the award for the clip and then took it back? Lolz, unfortunately the fans saw him bring the award back to the car to home.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • kcusu replied:

Meant to say “fan base” without the d

Login or Register before you can reply to kcusu
        • jamie replied:

Not even winning the Top 15 My Favorite Characters. Is Dayo that bad ?

Login or Register before you can reply to jamie
        • Toby replied:

I like Dayo but for this award I spend my time and energy to Ruco and Charmaine so didn’t vote for others at all.

• Funn Lim replied:

Dayo Wong has huge fan base in Malaysia. Why he didn’t win could be

1. maybe not 100% vote is fan vote
        2. viewers mind are often wired to the latest performance and admittedly Dayo’s was a long time ago in TVB time.

• sehseh replied:

Dayo is popular but he doesn’t have dedicated fandom to vote for him. If the voting was closer to his series airing date he would have a better chance

Audience are fickle, they like you but not necessarily will vote for you everyday.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
        • kcusu replied:

Thank you sehseh – what you said is precisely my sentiments

Login or Register before you can reply to kcusu
      • Lilian Chang replied:

Dayo is not a good actor but the best talker…LOL Ruco could had won the tvb Best Actor award last year, anyway, Ruco has won the 2014 Best Actor award for his BK role from Singapore, his popularity is over Dayo n Chilam overseas…Hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
    29. A says:

Congrats to Roger and Charmaine! Happy for Benz Hui too!

Login or Register before you can reply to A
    30. Ivy says:

Congrats Ruco! You are always the best actor in our heart 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Ivy
      • RC replied:

Yeah…Ruco is best actor in most of his fans’ heart. Frankly, Ruco has a bigger fan base than Roger…esp in Malaysia. So if this BA award is from fans votes, then Ruco should have won. Ruco was also leading as Top 3 during the voting period. Roger didn’t come in top 3 during the 1st week of voting. Does anyone know what is the % of fan votes and how many % is a panel of so-called “industry experts” for the BA award? I read that when Roger was annouced as BA last night, there was not much appluase from the audience. Some even said Roger looks akward on stage receiving this BA award. I don’t hate Roger….he is a very good actor too. But I do feel Ruco has been sidelined because he already won the BA award at the TVB Starhub awards in Oct. From this award given to Roger, it sure looks like it’s TVB politics…

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • RC replied:

Ruco also won Astro’s most favourite actor in the Q1 and Q2 polls for his role as LKT in OL and Carson in ROE respectively. This goes to show his huge popularity in Malaysia. So for him not to have won BA in this Astro award show makes no sense at all….if fan votes make up the majority of how the BA is decided.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • Alluka replied:

Claimed by the organiser the awards have been sent purely based on voting. Of course, TVB always say that all the time but end up that all awards are arranged in the close door before any award ceremony (StarHub, Star, TVB)

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • Toby replied:

Many people that I know has been hardworking voting Ruco. Maybe Roger knows that Ruco has the biggest fandom in Malaysia than others including himself that’s why he didn’t expect the win. It does seem like prearranged especially for BSA. How the heck Sharon can win? For other category seems fine the result.

• Funn Lim replied:

I am a fan of Ruco and I can tell you Roger for BHWS vs Ruco for OL, I would have voted for Roger. Roger was sensational. Ruco will have his on another day.

• jake replied:

It was nice to see roger win BA again after all these years,, its nice and clear the winner will be from popular voting is never true

Login or Register before you can reply to jake
        • anon replied:

It was announced on awards nite it’s 70% voting and 30% professional panel. If Dayo cld win the HK BA last year with a light weight role, can’t see why Ruco can’t with OL. The result are rigged, nothing new.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    31. Best says:

Roger was not that good. Michael Miu is way better. i hope he’ll get something this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
    32. kim says:

Last night awards was awesome, good performance by Bob & Siew Poh (Vivian )
      Roger & Charmaine deserved the awards ,though some are not happy that Sharon got the supporting character !!! Charmaine definitely will another one during TVB awards , All the best to Ruco too

Login or Register before you can reply to kim
      • anon replied:

Siu Bo is getting more and more outrageous. Her dancing is trashy and cheap though it generated a lot of laughs. Same with Bob.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    33. jamie says:

Tiger cubs get nominated and even won something but why not Overachievers ?

Login or Register before you can reply to jamie
    34. freedalas says:

For me, I am just glad that Linda Chung and Kate Tsui did not win anything. These two have the worst acting skills, in particular Linda whose acting is one dimensional regardless what role she undertakes.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    35. RC says:

Totally agree. Linda can’t act for nuts. Her acting is so exaggerated in Tiger Cubs2. She totally can’t pull off that role as an undercover/policewoman. She can only portray those pitiful characters where she can cry easily. Her acting was quite alright in Brother’s Keeper where she starred opposite Ruco. She should thank Ruco for helping her nail that role. Only consolation is both Linda and Ruco are very convincing as a couple and they look great together.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
      • freedalas replied:

Agree. Ruco has this ability to make his female opposite looks great. Many examples, Tavia, Aimee, Linda, Selena.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
      • janet replied:

linda chung cannot act tough lah…what in the world is wrong with tvb? she looks like a murderer in tiger cubs.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    36. joyce says:

Ah Sheh won because of this Line Walker other then that her others series were bad or some even worse. Remember Sister Fa.Anyway current actress all can”t act. Never like any of them worse is the “teh pau” Haha…

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • Lilian Chang replied:

Charmaine has won the Best Asian TV Actress in 2011, many tvb actresses are still lagging behind her acting skills. Besides, she is the only tvb H K actress nominated in the International Emmy awards. Charmaine is still the best of all!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
        • Vivian lee replied:

Totally agreed .. Why Joyce always complaint ant her .. Maybe she too jealous of her Gd and best acting skill .hahaa

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivian lee
        • joyce replied:

Why would I be jealous of her? Many aunties acting are better better than her. Never once get an award as they just dun care. So, saying she is the best that’s only yr opinion.I just cannot stand why saying she so good lol. Nowadays getting any tvb award doesn’t reflect true acting. same goes with Sharon. she just not up there yet

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
    37. says me says says:

Best couple for 2014 could have been Steven Ma & Tavia in Storm In A Cocoon, but they weren’t even nominated. Their chemistry and acting were superb in this drama. To some extend, I think the nomination and awards were pre-determined. Except for the Top 15 fav actors/actresses which could really been 100% by fans. How can Tavia not be amongst the Top 3 Actresses, for her role as Bing Bing in SIAC as compared to Linda & Kate? that was disappointing too. But it is like that with TVB so just enjoy the show and clap for those who gets their given awards, whether they really deserve it or not, the overall audience will judge their respective acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to says me says
      • freedalas replied:

Agree. IMHO, Steve and Tavia were really great together in SIAC. And Tavia by herself was also very into her role in that drama. If Linda Chung and Kate Tsui could be nominated, how on earth was Tavia left out?

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
        • says me says replied:

Tavia was nominated in the best actress category but she wasnt placed in top 3, which left me wondering cos if it’s fan based, Tavia has lots of fans in Msia. It was so evident where she was so warmly, zealously welcomed by her fans at the airport compared to the rest. But Tavia has always said that to her, awards are a bonus. What’s more important to her, is to always act her best. And she holds on to her belief in this aspect. Every role in every drama for her is well acted, carries a distinc character according to the respective role, even her hairstyle is different in each drama unlike some who doesnt change the length of her hair or always has heavy lashes etc. Tavia is in the same league as Ah Sheh but i feel Tavia is even better in all her roles, esp in SIAC this year. Well anyway it’s tvb’s ultimate call, not the fans 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to says me says
    38. Lilian Chang says:

Charmaine n Roger are real good actors, they deserve to win but feel sorry for Ray being dumped

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
    39. 5fadans says:

I can’t believe Tavia could not make it to top 3 in the best actress category.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
    40. 5fadans says:

For Tvb anniversary awards 2014, I hope Michael Miu will get best actor because he never got one an d were always underestimated by TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
      • Lilian Chang replied:

At 2014 tvb anniversary, Charmaine n Roger are hot candidates for the top awards

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
    41. joyce says:

I feel Tavia acting is better than Ah Sheh except I don’t like her pinnochio nose. I think she is prettier with her original look.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • Lilian Chang replied:

Hahaha…Charmaine is a versatile and talented actress, judging from the awards Charmaine had won.

Tavia has a long way to go….

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
        • freedalas replied:

It’s true that Charmaine is a versatile and talented actress and I like her too. But it’s not fair to say that Tavia has a long way to go. In fact, Tavia has come a long way and shown tremendous improvements over the years and can now really stand on her own, an accomplished artiste in her own right. I am sure if Tavia is given the opportunity to play roles similar to those Charmaine had undertaken, she would shine as well. In that palace drama a few years back with both Charmaine and Tavia in it, Tavis outshone Charmaine.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
        • Shannon replied:

Aside from Charmaine and Ada who are my favourite, I would say I don’t mind Tavia’s acting

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
        • Lilian Chang replied:

I meant Tavia has a long way to go in winning prestitious overseas awards ..Haha She needs further improvement in her actings.

Charmaine had won 2011 Best Asian TV Actress award and internationally, she is well known for her nomination in International Emmy awards. Tavia’s acting is nowhere near Charmaine….Hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
    42. lun says:

Woo hoo!!! Go Roger! I really hope he wins this year because out of everything I have seen, he gave a stellar performance. *even though he was a horrible man, i couldn’t help but feel sad when he was arrested* I can’t comment on charmaine’s acting since I was not interested in line walker. but congrats

Login or Register before you can reply to lun
    43. Bc says:

I agree about Charmaine but Roger Kwok in BHWS is repeating his acting in LOS. Ruco is much better in OL and ROE. Ruco is now the best actor in TVB alive.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bc
      • lysupruco replied:

Agree that Ruco is now the best actor in TVB alive. He is the only and only one actor whose acting attracts me. The more I love him, the more he is handsome, hehe…

Login or Register before you can reply to lysupruco
      • Jake replied:

Ruco is better then Wayne ruco is the best

Login or Register before you can reply to Jake
        • cocochan replied:

Agree absolutely. Ruco is the best among the present crop of actor in tvb in every aspect whether it is acting , singing amd personality.

Login or Register before you can reply to cocochan
      • RC replied:

Totally agree!! Ruco is the best actor currently in TVB. He is super talented and can pull offf any role thrown at him from comedian, cop, villian, gangster, doctor etc. He is always cast in small productions with newbies or mediocre co-stars where he is made to baby-sit them. He is such a natural at acting and can really sing too. He is really an all-rounded artist. Plus, he is humble and has a great personality. Up till today, he still goes out with his former ATV colleagues and even attends openings without appearance fee…just to help them out. He mixes with people (including not famous ones) who obviously do not add any value or help him with his current career. He always brings out the best in his co-stars by reading into their script and helping them get into character for their roles. He is really a rare gem and I hope he can get his real big break into the silver screen and cut an album, have a concert. He has come a long way and was eating humble pie when he returned to TVB in 2008, taking on small roles even though he was already quite famous in ATV. Frankly I only watch the TVB serials because of him.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • Dan replied:

Totally agree Catherine should help Ruco win a award at tvb cos she said she was the one to promote wayne

Login or Register before you can reply to Dan
        • Rita replied:

Hi RC, I would like to add couple roles which are lawyer and autistic person (ATV drama). Yes, Ruco absolutely is a rare gem. Let see if he will be robbed again at TVB Award this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
      • RC replied:

Totally agree!! Ruco is the best actor currently in TVB. He is super talented and can pull off any role thrown at him from comedian, cop, villian, gangster, doctor etc. He is always cast in small productions with newbies or mediocre co-stars where he is made to baby-sit them. He is such a natural at acting and can really sing too. He is really an all-rounded artist. Plus, he is humble and has a great personality. Up till today, he still goes out with his former ATV colleagues and even attends openings without appearance fee…just to help them out. He mixes with people (including not famous ones) who obviously do not add any value or help him with his current career. He always brings out the best in his co-stars by reading into their script and helping them get into character for their roles. He is really a rare gem and I hope he can get his real big break into the silver screen and cut an album, have a concert. He has come a long way and was eating humble pie when he returned to TVB in 2008, taking on small roles even though he was already quite famous in ATV. Frankly I only watch the TVB serials because of him.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • Penelope replied:

Ruco is definitely one of the best looking, if not THE best looking, actors in TVB right now. However, with Roger still with TVB, I wouldn’t say Ruco is the best. Ruco is definitely better than Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, and Bosco who were the top most heavily promoted actors at one point. Ruco is more versatile than them and is definitely more natural than the rest. All Ron Ng does is look angry, cock his head to one side, and deliver his lines. Kenneth Ma always tries to put on his puppy eyes and look sad. Bosco tries too hard to look cool. Ruco, on the other hand, looks very mature and is very charming!!! BUT-BUT-BUT… Roger is still the best IMO. No way could Ruco pull off characters like Ah Wong Simple Life and Matt Ko from BHWS.

Login or Register before you can reply to Penelope
        • anon replied:

@penelope i thoroughly disagree with yr last statement. I can totally see Ruco as Matt and probably doing just as good or even better. We all know he excels in grey roles. On the other hand i can’t imagine Roger as Carson even if he were Ruco’s age. He lacks the agility and sportiness and toughness for such physical cop role. Ruco has also done simpleton role when he was with Atv. He was superb in Stupid Child. Ruco is more versatile.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    44. katyiu says:

Charmaine won best actress, fair enough. But Linda and Kate tops Tavia????? Now wayyyy man

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
    45. Lilian Chang says:

Kristal joins tvb Tavia etcs are hidden, Charmaine comes as a guest star, she sweeps all tvb actresses under the carpet!?…I’m joking…LOL Viewers know best!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian Chang
    46. Penelope says:

I JUST finished watching the Malaysia awards. Everything is so rigged. You can already tell who the winners are by seeing who are actually present for the awards. It’s always the same people. Natalie Tong, Lin Xia Wei, and a few other people were nominated too, but they didn’t even bother showing up because they probably know they didn’t win. Whoever sat in the first row are literally those who won awards. I don’t get what’s so good about Outbound Love. The best dramas so far have been Line Walker, Black Heart White Soul, and M Club LOLOL. Tomorrow is Another Day may have a good story line, but it didn’t deliver at all. Kate Tsui was a bad cast for this role. STOP GIVING HER AWARDS. Also Linda Chung… OMG I don’t care if she is a fadan. Her acting is not good. It improved in Brothers Keeper but it went to hell again in The Apothecary, which wasn’t her problem. It just wasn’t her role. THEY NEED TO HAVE TAVIA UP THERE GETTING AWARDS. SHE CAN ACT. SHE MADE ME CRY in that drama with the mooncakes… or abalone. I don’t remember the name, but holy crap, she made me bawl like a baby. TVB NEEDS TO RECOGNIZE.

Login or Register before you can reply to Penelope
      • Funn Lim replied:

Penelope, it has always been that way. It is not rigged in that sense. It is those in attendance wins, that sort.

47. joyce says:

Charmaine definitely not versatile or else she dun hv to come back to tvb.She flop in mainland and movies. She just dun have the charisma and the look of a movie star.Lets wait and see her coming drama.I wonder what was her reaction if she didn’t win BA for tvb. Definitely saying she going to QUIT like Raymond hahaha…

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • Alluka replied:

I only see a fact that the come-back series of Ah Sheh topped the rating of TVB this year in HK and set a new record to online viewership of TVB series in China. So I will wait to see how you react when she gets that BA for TVB. It will be very funny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • joyce replied:

Is the series good or her acting? Take Esther Kwan for example, can u say she is not better than her in terms of acting. Even Rear Mirror that main actress is much better than this Ah Sheh. It’s just the series is boring. So, to say a person who is good in acting very much depend on the series he or she act. So,to me she is definitely not the so called Very best.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
        • omg replied:

@joyce i agree with you. Acting can be good but if series is boring, no noise is created. Tv viewers aren’t exactly a very discerning group.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
        • Alluka replied:

In my opinion, both is better than others (series and actress), hence it is reasonable. One artist cant save the whole terrible series and vice versa, a good series needs a good cast. I satisfy with the cast of LW and give all credit to create a good series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • Alluka replied:

In my opinion, both is better than others (series and actress), hence it is reasonable. One artist cant save a terrible series and vice versa, a good series needs a good cast. I satisfy with the cast of LW and give all credit to create a good series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Jupi replied:

Joyce as u have said earlier taste are very individuall you may think charm is a bad actress and can’t act but overall the judges from different panel have another op about that. As we can see she have won best actress award in the Asian award and she have been in top 5 in Emmy award which is the only actress in HK that have got this honor. She got nominated for her role in DOP so about a drama is good or not the actress great acting will still be seen no matter what.
        She is not back to TVB she have signed with TVBC so she still focus her career in mainland china. Just because u have seen her back for one drama doesn’t mean she isn’t rec. in mainland.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jupi
      • RW replied:

Do you think TVB is dumb to promote a non-talented actress? Do you think the producer of The Line Walker lost his mind to cast a non-talented actress as leading one in his drama? Or I think your taste is ewww. Poor you, girl

Login or Register before you can reply to RW
        • joyce replied:

hello there! That’s your preference.Okay.How smart are tvb nowadays do you know.All their current dramas are going downhill. I just choose one drama Looking back in anger. This are all classic . So. can u compare with line walker or were u born then. Same with the actress. “SUCK” since u claim she is the best of the best. If I to choose I rather Nancy Woo gets BA. PITY U.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
    48. joyce says:

Remember during TVB Star Award Singapore she was so proud after her win . She didn’t even acknowledgement Ruco sitting beside her.She act like a big sister. Ruco was humble and nice.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • Alluka replied:

And she was the only one amongst the winners say thank to the background crew as well as all of other artists contributed in the series. If that reaction is proud of herself, then every humble and nice artists should learn from her to be proud of themselves that way.

P/S: She wasnt a fan sitting next to an idol to worship the nexter like god. Please.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • joyce replied:

Were you there?

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
        • Alluka replied:

May I ask the same question: Were you there? I can see it was an interview made inside a room, so the fans basically cant see the interviewees live. Like me, you just watched the clips.

I watched the clip provided by you guys to say that she was arrogant, but honestly I dont see any sign of arrogant. I, on the other hand, thought bad of someone else. So it is all up to your biased opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • Shannon replied:

Joyce, your question does not make sense as you most likely watched the video online like everyone else

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
    49. kelvin says:

I have a serious problem with the Top 15 favorite characters…and where are Never Dance Alone and Rear Mirror? If I see Line Walker winning Best Drama in this year’s award, I really am at a loss for words. So, you’re telling me that the viewers are more interested in easily digestible, action packed but ultimately unrealistic storyline than a slower paced but rewarding and meaningful plot?

Login or Register before you can reply to kelvin
    50. omg says:

Tvb or astro ought to explain why the winner is suddenly decided based on 70/30 ratio when all along it was understood to be 100% voting. Based on logical deduction Roger’s win was thanks to the judges not the public.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
      • LiL_StarZ replied:

I agree, I thought it was a 100% public vote it turn out only 70% that just wrong, I’m not against Roger winning but I think Ruco will have the most vote from the public vote so I was assuming he will grab the award got so sad after hearing the result even Roger was shock, anyways I really hope Ruco could get the TVB one “finger cross”
        P.s this is the first time that I actually vote for my idol everyday which is Ruco Chan Chin Pang !!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to LiL_StarZ
        • cocochan replied:

I also vote for Ruco everyday and expect either him or raymond to win the award. So disappointing that tvb robs them of this award.

Login or Register before you can reply to cocochan
        • RC replied:

Totally agree. I can confidently say Ruco is 100% more popular than Roger. If the voting is based on 70% fan votes, then Ruco should have won. Just look at all the shows or infotainment program that he’s in and they all won something. I know of many viewers who just tuned to watch the serial or program becuase of Ruco only. He is very captivating and has drawing power. I voted diligently everyday for Ruco also and so did many others. Roger is good, but Ruco is good + popular.

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
      • Funn Lim replied:

Don’t blame ASTRO. Since last year TVB hijacked the show 100%. Blame TVB.

• Rita replied:

Totally agree, Ruco had more chance than Roger (I am not Roger hater) at Astro Award. Regarding for TVB Award, no doubt that Roger’s and Wayne’s acting are skillful but Ruco Chan in ROE is talented. His performance was superb and so real when he was tortured at ATF. Too bad, ROE was aired 8 months ago, people already forgot how good it was plus it did not cast with as many fond/strong acting artists as BHWS and Overachivers. Anyway, I still really hope that Ruco could get TV King or at least Favourite Actor because his acting in OL, ROE and even ATISIB is enjoyable to watch.
        TV Queen – I bet Charmine will get it for sure as there are no competitors this year. Good for her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
        • Rita replied:

I meant Charmaine

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
        • choco-bunny replied:

Hi Rita, I think Ruco could easily beat Roger if he had been entered in the competition for ROE if the winner was selected based on 70/30 ratio. He can easily act Roger’s role in BHWS but i can say with certainty Roger would not be able to act as Carson. This is a dirty trick to give the BA to Roger. Ruco has been robbed!

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
        • Rita replied:

Hi choco-bunny, if Ruco is nominated in ATIBIS, then he will be robbed again because his role in ATIBIS is likely supporting role.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
        • choco-bunny replied:

Hi Rita, yes my gut feeling tells me Ruco will be nominated in hk for ATIBIS. Just as my gut feeling told me he wld be nominated for OL in malaysia. At that time i already thought it was strange that he was nominated for OL instead of ROE which won him the BA in SG. However i didnt think much of it since his role in OL was just as popular with audience and if it was based on 100% voting he wld win it easily whether for OL or ROE. However if based on 70/30 his chance of winning with ROE is bigger. This is not to say that he didn’t act just as well in OL. It’s simply becos judges tend to give more weight to performance in a serious drama as compared to a lighter drama (just read the comments when Dayo won last yr and you will know what i mean). Nominating him for OL is to undermine his chances of scoring with the judges. Sadly he will be robbed in hk again.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
        • lysupruco replied:

My dear Ruco baby, you have been robbed last year and this year. I feel very frustrated. I hate TBB since it robbed you and I hate you because you robbed my heart. If you did not rob my heart, I won’t be so depressed. But I still want to tell you that I love your acting which are so enjoyable to watch, no matter it’s bitter or sweet.

Login or Register before you can reply to lysupruco
        • RC replied:

@ Rita: no doubt OL and ROE was aired more than 6 – 8 months ago, it did have a lasting impression on viewers’ minds. Ruco was superb in all the serials that he starred in…be it OL, ROE, BK or ATIBIS. Ruco portrayed a different character in each serial and one wouldn’t think that his acting was repetitive. He looked and acted different in all.
          @choco-bunny: totally agree that Ruco would be able to act Roger’s role in BHWS but Roger sure can’t portray Carson convincingly. I hope Ruco will get what he deserves. He has worked very hard for what he has achieved today!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to RC
        • Rita replied:

Hi choco-bunny, our gut feelings are wrong this time because Ruco is nominated for ROE. Let our gut feelings tell us that he should not get any awards this time and turn out that these gut feelings will be wrong again 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
        • choco-bunny replied:

Hi Rita, I find it very weird that Tvb nominated him for ROE for the HK awards but chose OL for Astro. Why the inconsistency? Is Roger nominated for BHWS or Come On cousin in HK? I didn’t check but my guess is BHWS. Is my guess right? How come Roger was not nominated for COC in Astro but BHWS? The answer is pretty obvious. Logically an actor with more than one drama should be nominated for the role with better chance of winning. Since Ruco won the Starhub BA with ROE, logically he should be nominated for ROE in Astro to boost his chances especially since 30% came from judges voting like in Singapore. It’s quite obvious the Astro nomination for a different drama ie OL is to dilute his chances since he already scored with ROE in S’pore and will likely score for ROE in Malaysia too. Btw, the Astro nominations was decided by tvb and not Astro as confirmed by Astro staff.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
        • Rita replied:

Hi choco-bunny, your guess is right, Roger is nominated for BHWS for both BA and Fav Actor while Ruco is nominated for ROE (BA) and OL (Fav Actor). How come Roger is not nominated for COC? We know the answer, right? We vote because we want to support to Ruco. I believe we all know that TBB already has the winner list for every award event. Again, let our gut feelings tell us that he should not get any award in HK. Let wait and see 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Rita
      • wp replied:

Can’t agree more. Tbb’s fooling the audience to vote but meanwhile already have their own list. They have no respect for viewers.

Login or Register before you can reply to wp
        • alice replied:

Damn TBB doing such dirty things and fooling me. I was here that afternoon and already sensed that TBB robbed Ruco baby. When Roger got on and own the mini-bus, he behaved that he is the King purportedly to be welcomed by many many people (but don’t count me in coz I was only waiting for Ruco) whereas Rubo baby ran quickly. Rubo baby must already know he was robbed that afternoon but still smiled and waved hands to us. Ruco’s fans were arranged to sit far from the camera. Certain few fans feel furious and tried to relocate themselves to other fans’ area to present the supporting labels to Ruco, which you could see from the video and explained why there were not many supporting cards for Ruco. Very disappointing how TBB treated Ruco’s fans, some even flew there from HK, Singapore. That Roger tried to rationalise the award by claiming that he got the support from 100% voting from public before, during and after the award ceremony. However, the reaction when Roger got that award was in no way comparable to audience’s applause to Ruco’s award of “Favorite Role” if you were in live.

TBB has to pay for fooling me. I will cut the paid astro channel after the HK award (which I suppose Ruco baby will attend, if not, I will cut earlier).

Login or Register before you can reply to alice
        • xyz replied:

alice, i was there too and I saw how Roger was behaving like he was supremely confident and trying hard to be Mr Nice Guy by getting off the bus and waving to the crowd. I felt it was so put on. I believe Roger’s win came from the judges’ votes, in other words, it’s not the popular (public’s) choice.

Login or Register before you can reply to xyz
        • Clover1227 replied:

I was there too. TV audience can hardly see any Ruco’s fans or his LED boards as all Ruco fans were seated at the far left corner away from the allocated seats of all the other fans (seated at the right hand side facing the stage), a deliberate effort of the organizer to play down Ruco’s popularity. When Roger delivered his acceptance speech, he sounded a bit too eager to prove he is the worthy winner of this award, he probably felt the lukewarm applause from the crowd when BA was announced. Roger is a very good actor, but this is a popularity contest, without the divine intervention from that 30% so-called professional vote, BA should be Raymond / Ruco.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clover1227
      • coco replied:

Agree with RC that Roger is gd but Ruco is gd + popular (in Malaysia) so he should have won BA if based on 100% public voting, that’s why he was robbed. Similarly, Raymond Lam was robbed.

Login or Register before you can reply to coco