Vivian Chow: “My Husband is More Important Than Myself!”

By on August 31, 2012 in NEWS

It’s hard to believe that Vivian Chow (周慧敏) has been in the entertainment industry for 26 years. Her innocent image, complete with a very feminine look of long luscious black hair, big eyes and an oval face has been the dreams of many who grew up in the early 1990s. To promote her upcoming “Journey of Love” concert in Guangzhou on October 27, Vivian shared with the media her current outlook on life and love.

On Her Innocent and Weak Image

Vivian said, “Don’t be fooled by that! I am actually a very independent and strong-willed woman. I think it has to do with the fact that I grew up without a male figure in my life. My father passed away before I was born and I was the only child. While my mother was working to provide for us, I had to become independent and learn how to take care of myself. I believe that my husband, Joe Nieh (倪震), was also fooled by my innocent looks and thought that I was a frail and weak girl!”

On Life After Marriage

“Joe and I are both very independent and strong willed. We’re used to living our own lives, maintaining our own career and friends. Yet I never imaged that getting married would change us.

“After I got married, we became more considerate of each other and always put the other person first. In my heart, my husband is more important than myself! If he doesn’t approve of a proposed job offer, I absolutely will not accept it. Being married makes you selfless because you need to be considerate of your spouse,” Vivian explained of her life after marriage.

Vivian continued, “I truly believe in the vows I said on my wedding day.  In order to maintain a fulfilling marriage, we need to respect and value one another.”

To this day, aside from the fact Vivian is married to Joe, not much has changed about her, including her youthful innocent looks and charm!

Source: QQ.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Vivian Chow: “My Husband is More Important Than Myself!”

• Vivian Chow and Joe Nieh Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary(11)
  • Vivian Chow and Joe Nieh’s Marriage Flashing a Red Light?(36)
  • Afraid of Poor Sales, Vivian Chow Cancels August Concert Plans(43)
  • Vivian Chow and Husband Lead Separate Lives?(37)
  • Vivian Chow Dedicates Career to Charity(25)
  • Monica Chan Breaks Down Over Con-Artist Ex-boyfriend(49)
  • Steven Ma Injured On Set "Property Protector"(15)
  • Vivian Chow on Leading a Beautiful Life(14)
  • Top Stars Pay Tribute At Leslie Cheung Memorial Concert(9)
  • Vivian Chow Invited to Film for TVB Again(19)

• 25 comments to Vivian Chow: “My Husband is More Important Than Myself!”

1. Thomas says:

Yes. I was fool by her innocent look as well 🙂 she is nice and talent actress with warm heart. Support Vivian. Just wonder if she has any kid?

Login or Register before you can reply to Thomas
      • sandcherry replied:

I don’t think she has any kid yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    2. shu says:

unbelievable that she still look so beautifull at this age. she was my dreamgirl when i was a teenager

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
    3. Lincredible says:

Most people would never guess her age right, some probaly ask her for a date.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lincredible
    4. Euphoriic says:

Pretty damn jealous of Joe, hope to find such a significant other!

Login or Register before you can reply to Euphoriic
    5. Tammy says:

I hope Joe will keep his vow and respect Vivian. He cheated on her and she reprimanded him by rewarding him with a wedding paid by her very own pocket (Ok ok jk..i dont know who paid but seems like she’s the breadwinner).

Login or Register before you can reply to Tammy
      • kiki replied:

i know, i think alot of HK women called her dump too to finally married the guy who was unfaithful while they were living together. Keeps his vows???? who knows ahhaa….she still looks pretty good thou.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
    6. elin says:

she looks so good..

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
    7. TVBFanatic says:

Good genes are just that. And this woman has them in spades.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
      • nomad 822 replied:

agree Vivian looks very good, despite her chronological age.

but the nose esp in the above picture – it does NOT quite look au-naturel.

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
    8. Missy says:

This is not surprising. Her husband would have to be more “important” then herself since she is willing to put up with is infidelties.

Login or Register before you can reply to Missy
      • M replied:

Love is blind…….

Login or Register before you can reply to M
        • nomad 822 replied:

Very stupidly blind.

She has everything. The old school good-wifely qualities .. the filial piety to elders (both her own mom and her in laws) … thrift .. the UNmercenary traits (ie not a gold digger – rare among her showbiz peers) … the looks (and aging well too) that so many men would kill for to have in their lifetime companion.

Every dude out there had her picture up in their lockers when they were serving the SG army. And she was such a down to earth girl next door kind of healthy image too.

Imagine Vivian’s available willing admirers, old and young.

*Sighs* And she settles for this non- looker (supposedly talented but produces nothing much in their marriage, except infidelity and scandals) … and she’s such a supportive positive wife to him, and good daughter in law to his aging parents.

Is she masochistic?

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
      • Funn Lim replied:

They do live independent lives like she said. Or didn’t she mean that?

• kiki replied:

my thoughts exactly. haha LOL… alot of women can be like that. sounds stupid and dump in a way but perhaps some say love is blind is true then. sigh…
        i remember the Rihanna & Chris Brown situation, she went on to Oprah saying she was more concerned for her b/f who beat her up then herself. ?????? Hello, the guy beat u you and you still consider how the police or the public is going to see him? Sigh, unbelievable… talk about self denial.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
        • Funn Lim replied:

Rihanna? Not self denial but rather she too have a part to play but the media never looked that way. she would never have reported it if no one else found out.

• Jen replied:

rihanna is a wild child

Login or Register before you can reply to Jen
    9. munkimui says:

i used to have a poster of her on my wall when i was a little girl. i wanted to look as pretty as her. is there anymore news about her?

Login or Register before you can reply to munkimui
    10. Jen says:

Vivian looks incredibly youthful and pretty! She beats all the current fadan at TVB hands down!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jen
      • Funn Lim replied:

Her features may look young but look at her neck and hands, can never hide age there. And isn’t she bored with the same hair she has had for like how long?

• nomad 822 replied:

she cuts her own hair, i think i recall reading somewhere.

and the eyes – normally those are a dead giveaway to the sadness, or hard knocks that all the youthful looks cannot disguise.

her nose – to me, it doesn’t look like it was what she might have been born with ie it might have been ahem, enhanced.

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
        • larry 3 replied:

She probably has a pound of makeup all over her body

Login or Register before you can reply to larry 3
      • Kidd replied:

The photo is most probably air-brush. I saw her on TV when she came back to the limelight and her age is apparent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    11. Veejay says:

That’s something her husband still appeal her that made her so faithful to her flirty husband.. sigh.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    12. jul;ie says:

unbelievable …….look at her and she is almost perfect …. Keep it up Vivian 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to jul;ie