[STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Red Carpet Fashions

By on November 24, 2014 in FASHION, TV Dramas

TVB artistes were received enthusiastically at the TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 on November 23. The annual awards show recognizes popular artistes and dramas, in which the winners are determined by fan votes.

Charmaine Sheh 2a

My Favorite Actress winner Charmaine Sheh attended the event in a uniquely elegant white dress. The assembly of the dress and the floral prints are reminiscent of a pagoda under a cherry blossom tree. Although jewelry would have accented her dress even more, Charmaine’s overall look is sophisticated and tasteful.

Sharon Chan Nancy Wu

Sharon Chan’s red lace dress embodies the spirit of a Chinese wedding dress. The high-low leg skirt and v-neck opening are both suggestive. While the design of the dress is lovely, her hairstyle made her appear haggard.

Nancy Wu is demanding attention in a bright Toni Maticevski orange dress. Well-aware of the intensity of her dress, Nancy restrains from wearing any excessive jewelry or setting her hair in an extravagant manner.

Selena Li

Selena Li sported a unique Kev Yiu ensemble that blended glittery crystal accents and a chiffon train that ran up to the side of her thigh. Offset by the pureness of the white dress, the sheer view of her thigh is stimulating.

Safe in Black

Tavia Yeung in Viola Chan

As usual, Tavia Yeung plays it safe in a simple black Viola Chan evening gown. Her hair is sleekly combed back. With the deep v-neck opening of her dress, the extravagant neck piece is suiting.

Linda Chung’s fit and toned physique is consumed by this loose-fitting, shimmery metallic dress by Moiselle. The dark blue top and black skirt are a dull ensemble.

Kate Tsui Bosco Wong

Kate Tsui wore another tube top bodice evening gown. The lingerie-like lace top of the dress is unfitting for such an event. The odd ruffle mid-gown is also bizarre.

Innocence of Pink

Samantha Ko 3

Unlike her usual wardrobe choices, this dress does no justice to Samantha Ko‘s busty figure and makes her appear worn-down instead of like a rising star at TVB.

Jinny Ng’s ensemble seems to be inspired by the currently popular zombie theme, with its cuts and openings. The bottom portion of her gown is designed to open and appear as if the dress is becoming undone.

This fashion review is written by Huynh for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
[STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Red Carpet Fashions

• [STYLE] 2017 TVB Anniversary Awards Red Carpet Fashions(22)
  • [STYLE] 2014 TVB Anniversary Awards Red Carpet Fashions(146)
  • Hong Kong Celebrities Embrace the No Makeup Trend(25)
  • 2015 TVB Anniversary Awards: Red Carpet Looks(49)
  • Will 30 Million RMB Sway Tavia Yeung Away from TVB?(102)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • [Style] 2018 TVB Anniversary Awards Red Carpet Fashions(22)
  • Top TVB Actresses Gone; Is Linda Chung Next?(46)
  • Ruco Chan Crowned Singapore’s TV King a Second Time(46)
  • Ruco Chan and Liza Wang to be TV King and Queen at Singapore’s 2015 StarHub Awards?(25)

• 60 comments to [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2014 Red Carpet Fashions

1. Hannah says:

All ugly, lol

Now…let’s see TVB’s awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    2. azndoraemon says:

awards with no value!

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
    3. joojaibao says:

What with Kate face seems so puffy lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
      • Hailee replied:

Yea it does doesn’t it…it’s weird but she looks like she gained weight but I don’t think she did…hard to understand but maybe she gain weight on her face only…idk

Login or Register before you can reply to Hailee
    4. suzie says:

TVB should get a proper professional stylist for them and should work with some local jewellers for sponsorship of jewellery.

Login or Register before you can reply to suzie
      • azndoraemon replied:

Don’t they have their own jewellery collections if no sponsorship?

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
    5. jayne says:

I like Nancy Wu’s bold orange dress; it would be nice for her to accessorize with either a thin gold necklace or gold drop earrings though. The look is too minimalist.

Charmaine Sheh’s dress is a bit too bridal.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • lkv replied:

I like hers too but I do not like the picture with Ruco.

Login or Register before you can reply to lkv
      • Little fishy replied:

Don’t like Charmaine’s dress at all, the bottom look like a thick blanket/table cloth, and just make her dress weird, not elegant, or nice in the eye… Out of everyone, selena did it best, then nancy, Kate’s ruffle dress is a bit odd at first, but she wore it nicely, or it seems to go well with her. I would put Sharon’s dress on third if the bottom was nicer/or if she wears it better

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
    6. jj says:

Why they all lack jewelry? It makes their look incomplete. All the dresses look horrible. I like Charm’s top but the bottom O_o; Gaawah? As matter of fact the bottom of all the dresses are so strange. That’s what they call fashion?

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    7. Tess says:

Tavia is looking weirder by the days. I love Sharon’s dress but her hairstyle ruined everything. Not a fan of Charmaine’s dress though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    8. S says:

I think Selena, Tavia and Nancy look the best.

Login or Register before you can reply to S
      • Angiepooh replied:

I totally agree!

Login or Register before you can reply to Angiepooh
      • Afrerschool17 replied:

Yeah me too I agree as well!!! It looks like they look very rich!!! (jokes)

Login or Register before you can reply to Afrerschool17
      • Jaylee replied:

I think so too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jaylee
    9. advo says:

Not all hits, but more interesting looks that at the Anniversary.

Charmaine’s dress is quite unique, very sculptural. But again, combining an ultra feminine look with such a modern, boyish hairstyle… Some people might enjoy the contrast but I prefer keeping to one (theme) style.

Sharon’s dress is tacky as hell. Bold red, low cut and short hem?! WE KNOW YOU HAVE LONG LEGS. You don’t have to flash them at every opportunity you get. Sharon’s legs are like Blake Lively’s boobs.

I love love Nancy’s dress. Such a refreshing bold colour. I do agree that it’s a tad bit too minimalistic – she could have worn a bit more accessories or done something about her hair.

Selena’s dress is just a mess. It’s so busy and cheap looking. But her makeup and hair is flawless, she looks so pretty.

Tavia and Linda… boring as always. They both don’t seem to have much imagination and always pick the most boring dresses. Tavia is slightly worse that Linda, because big bling is taaaaaaaacky. Also, wtf has Tavia done to her face? She looks horrible and should lay off the fillers or whatever she’s using.

Kate looks good for once. Hair, makeup and upper bodice is A+. But the bottom is strange. It does keep the dress interesting which is good since otherwise it would just be a boring black dress (i.e. see Tavia) but it’s just not particularly flattering on a female body.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
    10. Jadio says:

Urgh so sick of seeing Sharon Chan’s legs >.<

Love the colour of Nancy Wu's dress, don't like the design though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jadio
      • janet replied:

how long more must Sharon dress like a bride?

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
      • joojaibao replied:

total agree with you Jadio Sharon always shows her legs it getting kinda of boring

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
        • Evan replied:

Hì Do u know when tvb award 2014

Login or Register before you can reply to Evan

Tavia best dressed and Samantha a close second for looking sweet and classy. Charmaine’s unique and no, jewelry would have been too much.

Sharon worst, she looks tired.

Best colour is Nancy but yes the design is weird.

Overall wayyyy better fashion than in the gala because look at the men. At least normal.

• says me says replied:

Yes, totally agree Tavia best dressed with elegance, glow & sexy.

Login or Register before you can reply to says me says
        • says me says replied:

There is a beautiful photo of her in instangram giving her award acceptance speech. Go see.

Login or Register before you can reply to says me says
        • sandcherry replied:

Tavia Yeung’s dress is okay, but her hair style is weird. It makes her face long and narrow.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • Funn Lim replied:

She usually dresses in fashion that is a decade old. This one is almost, ALMOST contemporary and she does look good. But if the dress is too tight maybe she should go for flowing looks like Samantha.

12. I still prefer Charmaine’s outfit the most it looks very elegant and outstanding choice for her to wear!! And also I really like Jinny’s outfit it looks cute on her in Pink! 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Afrerschool17
    13. Conscience says:

I like Charmaine and Nancy overall. Both look georgeous!

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    14. P. Tan says:

I like Selena’s dress best of all then Charmaine’s. As for the men none seems outstanding. Totally eclipsed by the women. Maybe that’s why they don’t bother.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    15. janet says:

nancy could have worn a pair of pearl earrings or something…way too plain.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    16. TN1 says:

No surprise at all ppl! Super chic can only b Kate Tsui n Tavia yeung!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
    17. Puff says:

For a change Tavia looks best, what an improvement! Then I really like Nancy’s simple look, in this case I think simplicity is elegant.

I like Charmaine’s top part of the dress, would have been a close best dressed but after seeing the bottom part… Well it’s just weird… So no longer on the top of my list

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • sandcherry replied:

I also like Charmaine’s dress …… the top part but not the bottom. It would look nicer if it is plain A shape ….. a bit flare but not that complicated.

Kate’s dress also looks good. Since it is plain black in colour, it can be a bit sophisticated at the bottom. She looks nicer with a matching necklace.

Tavia’s dress is okay, but her hair style is weird. It makes her face look long and narrow.

Nancy’s dress is pretty, but I don’t like her hairdo. Nancy does not look good in that kind of hair style since she has narrow forehead. Nancy also needs to wear some kind jewellery (ear rings and matching necklace). She looks too bright but bland.

Sharon’s dress is too heavy at the bottom. It is okay at the top.

Selena’s dress looks too busy with that kind of design.

Linda’s dress is too ordinary, and it makes her look chubby.

Samantha’s dress is okay, but not pretty.

Don’t like Jinny’s dress at all ….. it looks unfinished!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

Totally agree with you Puff! At first when I saw the top part of the dress I really liked it until I saw the bottom. The bottom just looks totally strange. I like Nancy’s dress but do not like the color since I do not like the color orange. I like Tavia’s dress but that is so typical of her to play it safe. Yes being simple is elegant instead of trying to get all fancy and weird.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    18. mi says:

Nancy’s outfit looks the best. Simple, but stunning.

Login or Register before you can reply to mi
    19. His Royal Highness says:

Foon Hei Kor !!!

Login or Register before you can reply to His Royal Highness
    20. Lps says:

Nancy looks the nicest. She always has great taste. Simple elegance and bright color. What’s with Tavia’s ton of jewelry? She always overdo in that aspect.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lps
    21. bloom says:

I personally like Kate’s dress (especially the top part) but not the bottom.

Linda Chung’s dress makes her waist looks big though.

I dont like Charmaine’s dress, to me she doesnt have good dressing sense.

Nancy’s dress is simple but elegant.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    22. A says:

I like how Kenneth Ma is holding both Tavia an Selena hand(Good Match) =) Benz Hui dressing seems to be how his character dressed in Line Walker.

Login or Register before you can reply to A
    23. YanYanKong says:

The pic of Samantha above, makes her look like an escort for the entering artists.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    24. YanYanKong says:

My fave is also Nancy’s. I love that vintage kinda style. Very vogue like.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    25. Nicole says:

i like charmaine and nancy’s dresses.

charmaine’s haircut looks much better with this dress than the one she wore to the tvb gala, which was a mismatch for her trendy hairstyle. The color combination really brightens her up.

nancy has been dressing really well recently, she tends to go for basic looks that can be rather striking.

i dont like all the other dresses. they either look too matronly or too fussy. tavia’s dress looks like something my mom’s friends will wear to a dinner party.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    26. j says:

some are very nice 😛 at least they are better than tvb awards and stuff lol

Login or Register before you can reply to j
    27. janet says:

I like Nancy with her hair worn long.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
    28. joojaibao says:

I like Charmaine and Tavia dress Selena dress is ok but too much of the shinny stuff on the top part if it was a few it would look alot beta

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    29. jj says:

So wait, what’s the point of this “award show”? It’s all TVBs, so why they have one in HK and then one in Mala. It’s dumb.

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
      • hw replied:

It’s because the voting is by Malaysian fans.

Login or Register before you can reply to hw
    30. PANDA says:

I know that Sharon Chan gained recognition for playing that character known for having nice sexy legs, the sexy leg queen, but purrlease, it has been quite a while ago now and yet in like every major celebration event, she wears dresses with thigh high splits to reveal how long her legs are.

Yes we know you own a pair of nice long legs, but it’s getting repetitive and boring, and also there were some dresses that she wore in the past where the splits were so high up almost revealing her crotch area, which gives off this cheap kinda feel. Every time when I see a picture of her wearing those thigh high split dresses, I’m like: BORING!

I think her and her pair of long legs are just too overated. Her acting isn’t as good as it used to be.

Login or Register before you can reply to PANDA
      • Vannn replied:

Totally agree with u. Wearing thigh high skit dresses make her look so cheap. And yeah I remember last year she exposed herself too.

I like TAvias nancy and Kate’s dresses. Selinas dress looks a little too busy for me. The worst one is once again Linda’s .

Login or Register before you can reply to Vannn
      • bloom replied:

Hi Panda,
        I never find Sharon has sexy legs. Yes, it’s very long but nothing sexy at all. But she is surely proud of her long legs. And her acting is somehow boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    31. PANDA says:

Tavia’s face seems to get longer and longer as the year goes by…

Login or Register before you can reply to PANDA
    32. PANDA says:

Tavia’s face seems to get longer and longer as the years go by…

Login or Register before you can reply to PANDA
    33. Vannn says:

I like Tavias Nancy’s and Kate’s dresses. And what is wrong with Linda? She is always wearing all of theses ugly shapeless dull boring dresses. She got no taste at all

Login or Register before you can reply to Vannn
      • bloom replied:

Hi Vann,
        Fully agree with you on Linda. Some ppl just dont have dressing sense. She needs to hire someone to help her dress up a bit.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
      • PANDA replied:

Me thinks that she was trying to dress conservatively as that has always seem to be the style that she goes for. I think she’s the type who gets cold easily and would rather dress up in less revealing and less eye catching dresses so that she can stay warm than to be cold for what would be a long evening for her. She doesn’t seem to care about dressing up in a really daring and sexy kinda way like Kate Tsui to get media exposure.

Login or Register before you can reply to PANDA
    34. bubbles says:

best dressed is Nancy and Charmaine. Always.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles
    35. Evan says:

Hì do u know when tvb award 2014,can u say whit me…thanks

Login or Register before you can reply to Evan
    36. syuenn says:

Kate Tsui is much prettier and slimmer in real life, I swear.

Login or Register before you can reply to syuenn
      • Gabby replied:

Agree, she looks slimmer and so beautiful in real life. Did you attend the award?

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    37. NS says:

Most of these actresses have terrible taste of hairstyls.. shit what’s going on!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to NS
    38. funny wong says:

I like Selena Li’s dress the best, second is Nancy Wu, and I don’t like Sharon Chan’s red dress,that red color is ugly, and her hair looks ugly too, doesn’t match her at all. After she married, she seems put on some weight, and her face looks puffy. What do you think?

Login or Register before you can reply to funny wong