Donnie Yen Reserves Right To Sue Vincent Zhao For Defamation

By on March 18, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Since Vincent Zhao (趙文卓) blasted Donnie Yen ( 甄子丹) for his domineering ways on the set of Special Identity <特殊身份>, Donnie maintained that Vincent did not speak the truth. Appearing at a charity event with his wife, Cecilia Cissy Wang (汪詩詩), yesterday, Donnie expressed disappointment in Vincent’s testimony, which may be considered  to be defamatory in nature. Donnie stated that he reserved the right to pursue legal action over the defamatory allegations.

On March 15th, Vincent’s shocking interview with the Chinese media was released, in which he lambasted Donnie’s “tyrannical” behavior on the set of Special Identity.  According to Vincent, script revisions involving his character were made without his approval. This violated a clause found in Vincent’s filming contract, in which he was currently considering suing the production team of Special Identity.

At the charity event yesterday, Donnie’s assistant distributed written statements to the media which stated that Donnie reserved the right to sue for defamation. Despite Vincent’s criticisms towards Donnie’s work ethics, Donnie has been succinct in his replies over the matter. Donnie stated that he was disappointed, while maintaining that Vincent did not speak the truth. “I will not say too much, otherwise it will become a scolding war.” Since Special Identity will need to be re-filmed, time will be of utmost importance.

Vincent and Donnie’s rift shocked worldwide fans who had eagerly anticipated their collaboration in Special Identity. Many fans left messages on Vincent’s Weibo blog stating that they did not wish to see their favorite action stars in a bitter scolding war. Overall, fans expressed their support towards Donnie as well, with the exception of a minority of fans. An angry fan left a message on Donnie’s Weibo blog crying, “Garbage! Dog! Be careful that you will not be struck by lightning!”

Despite the backlash that resulted from Vincent’s criticism, Donnie maintained a calm presence and continued to work hard in filming Special Identity. At the charity event yesterday, Man of Tai Chi star, Keanu Reeves, was also present. Donnie expressed that he was Keanu’s fan and was happy to meet him for the first time. Asked whether meeting Keanu pacified his mood, Donnie replied, “My mood was not affected all along.”

Note: This article is written for JayneStars.com. DO NOT re-post this article on any other websites. No part of this article may be copied, reproduced, rearranged, redistributed, modified by any means or in any form whatsoever without prior written permission.  You may use the content online and for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright laws.

Jayne: I don’t think Vincent will have much to say over the matter from now onwards, as he already told everything in his interview. Donnie is not reacting to the claims in an angry manner….

80 comments to Donnie Yen Reserves Right To Sue Vincent Zhao For Defamation

1. Amy says:

I just knew that Donnie is shorter than his wife! I didnt know before, didnt follow his news >.<

Login or Register before you can reply to Amy
    • yuaida replied:

holy sheet……..he is quite much shorter than his wife. Hard to imagine how he feels when they go out in public. I mean an inch or two is sometimes OK, but in the pic, either she’s wearing 5 inch heels or he’s crouching…….hahaah…….she must have to go really low to go down on him……

Login or Register before you can reply to yuaida
      • EkinFan replied:

I think he’s confident enough to not care

Login or Register before you can reply to EkinFan
      • stance replied:

So long as she is ok with it, why would he care.

Login or Register before you can reply to stance
      • fez replied:

cecilia just said on weibo that she and donnie yen are the same height. she appears taller most of the time because of the heels. donnie of course, doesn’t have the luxury of wearing 10 inch stilletos.

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
    • Vivien replied:

Maybe this is why Lynn Hung is picked to be Ip Man’s wife ROFL

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • fez replied:

Ip Man’s wife was actually also taller than Ip Man in real life.

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
  2. lol says:

Will Donnie really sue Vincent, or will Donnie and Vincent settle this scolding war outside the court?

Login or Register before you can reply to lol

Sue man sue!! So that everything will be in public records! I somehow believe Vincent in the sense that Donnie would demand for script changes. But then he is a big star so to Donnie it ain’t tyrannical, just practical.

• Funn Lim replied:

Will you stop using my name? No? Get lost!

• EkinFan replied:

relax Lim, that person is just having Funn =)

Login or Register before you can reply to EkinFan
    • Kidd replied:

Don’t worry Funn. We will know Lim Funn is different from Funn Lim. Plus, you have a unique avatar. So, we won’t mistake him/her for you. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Vivien replied:

LOL Funn don’t worry about it. The avatar is a lot of help 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Veejay replied:

First, its Lim Funn

Now its Funny lim..

so you’re saying you’re playing around with Funn’s name? xD

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • Funn Lim replied:

As long as it is not Fanny Lim, I am fine with it.

SOme people can’t even find their own name! Why? WHY?!?!?!

Time to change my avatar also. Must take some pictures.

• Veejay replied:

Funn,

Sorry but I’m actually laughing with this imposter’s funny act lol. And I’m curious now why not Fanny lim? because Fanny sounds bad taste? lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • exoidus replied:

Do you have a secret admirer or potentially a stalker, LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • Funn Lim replied:

Probably a worm in my stomach as Chinese says.

Fanny sounds err… you know English always use this word to err… never mind!!

My god, Donnie looks tiny next to Keanu! Keanu is reportedly 6 feet tall, so Donnie must be tiny in real life! And I already thought Keanu is too thin and here Donnie is even thinner!

• advo replied:

Keanu is 6 feet+ tall. Donnie looks very tiny, not just in height but also build.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
      • Tony replied:

Donnie is like 5’9″ (175 cm) so he might appear tiny overall. He’s just tiny in height but definitely not tiny in build as he keeps himself fit.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
      • Funn Lim replied:

I heard Keanu could be 1 inch short of 6 feet. If donnie is 5 feet 9 inches then I am 6 feet tall. I think the pictures says clearly he is a tiny man.

• Tony replied:

But then, there’s a saying of pictures… They either make you smaller or bigger (depending on how the pictures are taken) than you really are. 😉

Besides, you’re comparing 5’9″ to a 6’1″ so of course it makes Donnie look tiny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
      • P replied:

I think Donnie is more like 5’7

Login or Register before you can reply to P
      • Funn Lim replied:

“5’9″ to a 6’1″ ”

The difference isn’t much if between these 2 numbers. I think Donnie is 5 feet 5 inches.

• Hannah replied:

My friend saw Donnie in real life and said is very small n look kinda funny lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • Lol replied:

Dunn, I think he’s 5’7″ maybe 5’8″

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • lol replied:

I think he 5’7 or 5’6. At max 5’7. he seems smaller than Kevin

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  5. Nelly says:

That’s a bad picture of Donnie and his wife. She could of at least put on some flats or something. Even Keanu make him look extremely short.

I think Vincent expose the fact Donnie indeed have a “ego” problem. For many years all Donnie’s films been based on how amazing he is as a fighter. But now there’s someone who is much younger and can possibly take the spotlight away from him. The whole thing is a shame really because I was looking forward to seeing the both of them on screen together.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
    • Tony replied:

I don’t see how something like this would have a huge affection on Donnie career as he’s too valuable at this moment. Zhao’s hasn’t exactly got a great track record, and imo he needs do alot more than just “exposing” someone to get a break.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
    • fez replied:

younger and possibly take the spotlight away from him? who are you talking about? Vincent Zhao?

Ummmm…Donnie Yen is probably the biggest Asian film star who’s also internationally known. Only asians know who Vincent Zhao is.

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
  6. Joan says:

Donnie looks like a midget or maybe he really is one..lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Joan
  7. Joan says:

If I get a dollar for everytime a celebrity threatens to sue I’ll be rich. IMO it’s just all talk & Donnie’s attempt to threaten Vic to shut up.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joan
    • Joan replied:

*Vincent

Login or Register before you can reply to Joan
  8. exoidus says:

Vincent should’ve been the one suing Donnie for breach of contract.

Keanu why didn’t you punch the botox face, LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • HeTieShou replied:

Yea, Vincent should be the one suing instead….

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Vivien replied:

Agreed. Sue Donnie for breach of contract and defamation

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Fox replied:

Keanu might be hurt instead.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Vivien replied:

LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  9. Lol says:

I don’t like either Donnie or his wife, they both have really bad plastic work on their faces. I hope the truth will come out, and hope this will teach Donnie a little humility.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  10. aptospe says:

Yes, Donnie appears to be arrogant from watching a few of his “cop” movies. Yes, Donnie is 5’9″ with his 1.5 inch heel dress shoes or boots on. Yes, both Donnie and his wife had plastic surgery to remain vain and bankable as an A-list celebrity.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptospe
    • fez replied:

some ppl are just jealous they can’t afford plastic surgery themselves lol

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
      • Lol replied:

If you turn out like Angelababy then yeah, but if you go under the knife to look donnie’s wife then NO thanks Lolz.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • Veejay replied:

fez,

Very interesting topic infact, I remember reading comments from a bunch of ppl bashing a plastic surgery blogger namely Xia xie of singapore for her plastic surgery and she retaliated back saying they’re jealous just becuase she got sponsored to change her feature while they dun..lol.

I guess you’re right that certain ppl are jealous that an ugly duckling can turned into a beautiful swan by faking it while those “normal” looking ducks have to spend and put on thick makeup just to look decent lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Lol replied:

Vj, your comment don’t even make sense, why does it always have to be one extreme or the other? People in show bussiness get plastic surgery because they rely on their looks to make a living, people make comments about their appearance because they’re public figure, just something for people to talk about. Specially those who it out there in public display, obviously they will attract comments. My personal opinion on plastic surgery is people who go under the knife are insecure and have low self worth, no matter how you change your appearance, you can fool people around you but I’m certain that at end of the day you will still be unhappy with yourself. It’s like a fake LVs no matter how well made is still fake. wether you are beautiful or ugly is not the point, the point is are you comfortable with who you are as a person that matters. I find it ironic that you think it’s rude to call people ugly yet you have no problem putting average looking people down. Anyways, if you would excuse me it’s time for me to go powder my nose Lolz.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  11. TVBFanatic says:

This is why I said it doesn’t help to throw mud back. Previously, Vincent probably had a case for a defamation suit… now? He’s on the receiving end.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  12. Veejay says:

I think Vincent has expected it (a sue from Donnie for “defamation”).

Donnie’s wife was a ms toronto 2000? a very high profile couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
  13. Lol says:

Donnie can sue all he wants but that doesn’t mean anything because Vincent can counter-sue 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  14. sushiroll says:

botox face

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Grace replied:

HAHAHHAA…….

Login or Register before you can reply to Grace
  15. pingta says:

Can anyone tell me which artist(s) in the entertainment industry have not undergone the knife of surgery plastics on their face or bodily parts!?

Maybe yu molin is original? If not, who’s the rubbish in the entertainment world can dare to come out and claim their face is “original”?

Login or Register before you can reply to pingta
  16. pingta says:

Even though I don’t like donnie yen,I like his wife lots. She got a very nice “classy” looking face…….her face is not so much “plastic” looking as compared to Lynn Hung Irene Wan, Tavia Yeung and Qiqi etc

Login or Register before you can reply to pingta
    • Veejay replied:

You forgot Angelababy, PSS, Viann and many more.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • Lol replied:

I was flipping through a Chinese mag today and there was an ad with donnie yen’s wife…I’m sorry but she’s pretty ugly, even wit a nose job it still huge!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • Veejay replied:

I think calling one person ugly is absolutely rude? Donnie’s wife whether she had PS or not, she’s still decent looking. Imagine those unfortunate ppl who doesn’t have a proper feature (prolly due to scalding, injury etc), they don’t even have the chance to make others to call them “ugly” but they’re brave enough to face the world..so I won’t call her Ugly even she’s not a beauty. I’d say she looks decent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Veejay replied:

I meant those unfortunates may not have chance to make ppl to call them “pretty/beautiful” = not ugly. ( I was thinking something else while typing)

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Funn Lim replied:

I don’t think calling a person ugly is rude. Not that it is a polite thing to say but not necessarily rude. It can be honest and honesty sometimes is viewed as being rude. It is insensitive though but who cares? Ugly is ugly. Being brave doesn’t make someone less ugly. But being brave does make someone honourable. And I don’t see how showing a naturally ugly face means you’re brave. It’s your face; you gotta show it sometimes. However I must stress; there is nothing wrong with being ugly. As Susan Boyle said, it is the other people who has a problem, not the so called ugly person.

• Veejay replied:

Funn,

So Susan Boyle actually says “its the person who called others ugly has problem and not the problem of the ugly person”?

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Funn Lim replied:

Yes. But what she really means is she doesn’t care what people think. Ugly or beautiful, fat or thin, it is a label. Yes it is verging on bullying sometimes but frankly if you’re immune, you wouldn’t care. I don’t care really. Let me copy her exact words…

‘I’ve had a lot of insults. Do you know what I do? I ignore them. I just get on with my life. Those who have something to say usually have nothing to do.’

AND

‘I can take whatever Ricky says, because I’ll tell you something – he’s the one with the problem, not me’

Read more: #ixzz1pYIBkCp5" rel="nofollow">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2110317/Susan-Boyle-hits-Ricky-Gervais-mong-insult.html #ixzz1pYIBkCp5

• Funn Lim replied:

“Those who have something to say usually have nothing to do”

But I just realise this does mean me!! HA HA!!

• Lol replied:

Blah blah blah, call it what it is, I wouldn’t make that comment if she’s a regular person, but in her case it’s different…she allows people to judge her appearance for a living. I’m sorry, if I’m rude at least I’m not full of &!-!.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • abc replied:

i am a chinese male and i think what you said is disrespectful.

people’s physical appearances are superficial.

it is people’s souls that are more important.

Login or Register before you can reply to abc
      • abc replied:

i am a chinese male and i think it is disrespectful that you said Cecilia Cissy Wang is “ugly”.

i think Cecilia Cissy Wang is beautiful.

and also whether people’s physical appearances are good looking or not good looking is superficial.

it is people’s souls that are more important.

Login or Register before you can reply to abc
      • Lol replied:

Chinese male, I’m sorry for being disrespectful, I’m sure the beautiful cissy going around in 7 inch heels, fake lashes and full on make-up with her boobs hanging out is hoping the world would notice her soul 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • lol replied:

The wife looks okay, but I suspect she also did something to her face. Whatever it is, injections or plastics.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • fez replied:

are you jealous she can afford injections and you can’t?

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
      • Fox replied:

I guess lol is jealous with how the injection works well on Donnie’s wife on TY’s behalf, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  17. Connie says:

I think it’s normal to change scripts and storylines cos they need to improve the film.
    Donnie says that Vincent is making false accusations and that can be sued. He had already stated that he cannot have the right for these changes or fire him and that it was the film company.

Another article said that The company said that Vincent requires a presidential suite for 40,000RMB a night, and his mother in law, wife, kids all live there.
    While Donnie stays at a normal room.

Also they said that Donnie has only 1 assistant and has to take care of 20 action guys and Vincent has 8 assistants to take care of him.

I am a fan of both and don’t want to see this happen but I think Vincent should take things up with the company.

Login or Register before you can reply to Connie
  18. Grace says:

I actually tot Donnie Yen looked almost relax in this pic,which is not normal, in fact it’s a pretty good pic of him!!!! lol….. The wife is beautiful.

Login or Register before you can reply to Grace
  19. Gia says:

I believe Vincent , Donnie’s persona seems kind of arrogant.Then again i know i should not judge a book by it’s cover.
    His wife looks nice here but i saw her on t.v. a few times, she is no beauty.

I don’t like to use the word ugly on anyone, it’s so insensitive. The funny thing is some people say that about other
    people when they themselves are no oil painting !

Login or Register before you can reply to Gia
    • Lol replied:

Gia, oil painting are not necessarily beautiful, take Picasso’s work for example, so ugly is not a bad thing unless you think it’s bad. Btw, if someone looks like a duck are you gonna call them a swan? I personally find that more insulting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • Funn Lim replied:

But if you own a picasso you’re darn rich!! Though I never understood picasso. I love Van Gogh but my most favourite is Chinese painting of the past.

• Lol replied:

Funn, you like the dude that cut off his ear? I like him too :-).

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  20. Lol says:

Btw, for those who said they don’t like using the term ugly, your telling me you have never called anyone ugly before? Or have never turned anyone down because you don’t find them attractive but make up some other lamn excuse? Anywho!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • FanWen replied:

So true!

Login or Register before you can reply to FanWen
  21. Masaharu says:

Donnie’s latest film(also with Clarence Fok) poster..romance film with full pinkie background..surprise..surprise..not..:D

Almost has the looks of a youth film..until Kung fu master Donnie got noticed on the left side..haha

On to the serious matter..hopefully they can come to a truce and keep doing what they do best..films and dramas…done..if only it can be that simple..:P

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
    • Masaharu replied:

I may pay attention to this Donnie-romance flick film..not because of Donnie, but due to a certain guest star and I like the two cute girls(plasticism? Doesn’t matter :P)

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
  22. Jack says:

Yo yo yo! How come if a person got hated by the most part of people in one country?
    There must be something wrong with Donnie Yen, Yen may be not a bad guy but try so hard to be!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack
  23. Connie says:

I’ve been reading up on the news on sina. It turns out that major stars and directors that have worked with him have all come out supporting Donnie as a professional and dedicated actor/director. Including Shuqi, Leon Lai, Chapman To, Andrew Lau, Peter Chan, Sandra Ng, Sammo Hung, Wong Jing, Feng Xiao-Gang, Raymond Wong, and the list goes on.

There’s also news about Zhao buying fans and trashing all the above stars blogs. Shuqi got over 8000 comments in one time etc etc. It’s a very popular culture in China to buy fans on blog sites.

Zhao should take up his contract with the film company, the people that signed the contract with him in the first place. Isn’t the contract between the actor and film company?
    How is it Donnie’s involvement?

Login or Register before you can reply to Connie
    • Tony replied:

Now that you’ve mentioned it, didn’t Zhao accuse the production company at the press conference (February 29) for breaching of contract? Then all of a sudden he doesn’t even mentioned them in the March 15 interview. I’ve thought about this for a while but with your sentiments confirmed, there’s definitely something fishy going on with Zhao’s claims.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony