Eliza Sam and Vincent Wong are Hot Contenders for Most Improved Awards

By on December 16, 2013 in NEWS

Beauty Queen Eliza Sam’s (岑麗香) popularity has been soaring since she was heavily promoted by TVB this year.  Comparatively, Vincent Wong (王浩信) may not be considered a newcomer but his stellar performance as the villain in Will Power <法外風雲> has won much critical acclaim.

With her wholesome good looks, curvaceous figure, and healthy image, Eliza is popular among viewers and advertisers. Eliza appeared in heavy roles in Sniper Standoff <神鎗狙擊> and The Hippocratic Crush 2 <On Call 36小時II>. In Triumph in the Skies 2, Eliza’s crying scene even surpassed that of leading lady, Fala Chen (陳法拉).

Already winning the Most Promising Actress award at the TVB Stars Awards Malaysia 2013, will Eliza be able to repeat her success in Hong Kong? Eliza will be facing strong competition from Priscilla Wong (黃翠如), Grace Wong (王君馨) and Oceane Zhu (朱璇). Eliza said, “I will work hard towards my goal. Whether I win the Most Improved Award, I will still put in my best. I think Priscilla will win because of her multi-talents. Not only can she act, she is also good in hosting travel programs.”

Vincent Wong Getting Noticed

In the industry for eight years, Vincent’s career has experienced a steady increase, gaining broader recognition of his acting talent. Vincent left a memorable impression playing Damian Lau’s (劉松仁) son in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>. This year, Vincent continued to shine in Will Power as Fala’s boyfriend who raped Sire Ma <馬賽>. Even though his character was extremely hateful, viewers were awed by his acting skill. Even competitor Him Law (羅仲謙) cast a vote for Vincent.

Vincent said, “Many people made noise online and some even questioned my own personality. But everyone gave me a lot of encouragement after the drama. This time, I put in a lot of work. With good word-of-mouth, I have confidence.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

87 comments to Eliza Sam and Vincent Wong are Hot Contenders for Most Improved Awards

1. Hannahh says:

Finger cross for Eliza n Vincent!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • hoong replied:

agreed

Login or Register before you can reply to hoong
    • Kent replied:

Ditto.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kent
  2. Heather says:

Gilbert was extremely hateful, so Vincent did a good job!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Heather

Jason Chan no longer a hot contender? THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Vincent for the win. He showed the most improvement. Frankly I also like Sammy Shum (he’s also in the same category right?) and he has the best potential to be lead actor. But for that dozen slaps twice over, Vincent deserves the win.

• Hannahh replied:

YES, SO GLAD JASON CHAN IS NO LONGER A HOT CONTENDER! HE IS JUST SO ANNOYING IN EVERY DRAMA LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • HeTieShou replied:

I personally do not find Jason’s acting that bad. I feel you guys are exaggerating.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

No, seriously he is THAT bad.

• Puff replied:

HTS, I think Jason Chan is overly promoted despite his bad, wooden, acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • He is not just bad, he is seriously bad – I asked TVB to give a me try several times and provide to TVB I would be acting better than Jason like a few times but TVB told to me “Your face is not handsome enough”

Login or Register before you can reply to [email protected]
      • Yushky replied:

He is better to be a host than a supporting actor thought. I not exaggerating but that dude exaggerates when he acts. NO-OFFENSE TO ANY OF HIS FANS BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO FIND THIS THE TRUTH. Hopefully after a few more years of learning he should be a better actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yushky
    • RW replied:

Jason doesn’t need this small award, he’s going for the supporting category LOL.
      I find his face extremely weird when he’s trying to make some expression, and hilarious to see.

Login or Register before you can reply to RW
      • tvbfan replied:

Was always a fan of Vincent. I thought he was going win last year some how Oscar Lueng won last year. Vincent Wong better win this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • Funn Lim replied:

May I declare if supporting is his “hot contender” now, he won’t win.

• tvbfan replied:

Funn Lim I don’t unsertand what you mean?

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • sandcherry replied:

I also think Vincent Wong should have won the “Most Improved Actor” award last year. He is a very good actor. Don’t know why TVB has not promoted him highly yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Funn Lim replied:

tvbfan, meaning if Jason is hotly tipped for Best Supporting, he is as good as lost that title. Because he won’t win.

• yallah replied:

As usual funn lim is over the top and exaggerates so much. Its just spreading hatred

Login or Register before you can reply to yallah
  4. AC says:

Good luck to Vincent! I’m hoping that he does win Most Impoved! I actually didn’t really like him when he first started in War of In Laws 2 because of his annoying character and I didn’t think he was that good looking because his face look too smushed together in the center (yes, totally shallow reason). However, I think he’s become a pretty good actor and his portrayal in A Change of Heart and Will Power shows his range. For this same reason, I want Grace Wong to win too because I thought that she did very well in all the different characters she portrayed this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  5. RW says:

Vincent yes, Eliza no. Grace Wong is better. Having 4 series airing this year doesn’t mean Eliza has improved, but TVB sure wants her to get this award, since she’s gonna be promoted to first line. Him Law is good too actually, the scene when Eliza died was well done. Still rooting for Vincent though

Login or Register before you can reply to RW
  6. UNI says:

Honestly I have to give it to Eliza Sam. i bawled my eyes out when HIPPOCRATIC Crush aired the friday episode!

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • anonymous replied:

agreed! omg </3

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous
    • THC2 replied:

Lousy acting imo. All the other characters who appeared as cameo when she was on her deathbed faired better, and were the climax of my tears. All she did was lie on the bed.

Login or Register before you can reply to THC2
      • Little Fishy replied:

Lol, laying in bed require great skill when it come to eliza :p

Login or Register before you can reply to Little Fishy
  7. laam says:

him law is so underrated hes been doing an absolutely good job in both series

Login or Register before you can reply to laam
  8. sandcherry says:

I support Vincent Wong. I think he is too good for “Most Improved Actor” after investing 8 years in entertainment industries. Anyway an award is better than no award to any artiste.

I wish him GOOD LUCK and hope he will move up to act 1st lead roles soon.

In terms of acting, I think Grace Wong acts better Eliza Sam, but it seems that Eliza is more promoted by TVB. Not surprised if she wins “Most Improved Actress” award this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Yen replied:

Agree with you on Grace!!
      Actually I hope GraceWong to get an award for this year!! She performs well!! Love her in Awfully Lawful, her parts with Paul are the only parts I watched! So funny!! Others, I just keep pressing the “forward” button!!
      She did good in THC2 too
      and hahahas, she is superb in Bounty Lady!!!
      Laugh till stomach cramp the part she asked the guy to place back the “pork” back at the right place!! Her tone and also the way she looks! I thought that was her favorite part that she wanted to eat!
      Turns out she wanted to take a picture with that “pork chop rice”!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
      • msxeroz replied:

YEAH! Grace Wong can act! HAHA..She usually portrays those sexy siren but in Bounty Lady her tomboy character was so likeable!

Login or Register before you can reply to msxeroz
    • sandcherry replied:

I really think Grace Wong has improved a lot in her acting over the last 2 – 3 years. She definitely deserves the “Most Improved Actress” award, from not good to good.

Eliza Sam has also improved, but just from no good to okay. As many people said, her few roles were more or less the same, not a big range in acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • cloud9 replied:

Grace on Bounty Lady

“Sor Tik Ma”

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
      • Yen replied:

@cloud 9
        Hahahahas! When the guy accidentally knock at her on the road!
        At first she was like WEI!! then hahahhahaas so dik ma?? Hahahas!
        And she looks good even w/o makeup!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
  9. Baby panda says:

Vincent Wong and Grace Wong for the win!

Login or Register before you can reply to Baby panda
  10. Cm says:

Vincent should definately win. He shows a broad range and has done well in a number of roles. Although Eliza is not bad, she keeps playing the same roles and is type cast (not necessarily her fault as some of the other young tvb actresses are as well).

I agree that Grace should get the female vote

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
    • Bubblez replied:

I agree that Vincent and Grace should win! Her performance in THC 2 as a villain was nicely done! =D

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  11. ABC123 says:

Somehow i’m not very appealed to Eliza though many ppl commented about her hardworking personality etc. so not so keen to see her win. But then again, the female category seems much weaker as compared to the guys whom most of them in the MI category are pretty strong actors. Rooting for Vincent!

Login or Register before you can reply to ABC123
  12. advo says:

I hope Vincent wins. Indifferent about Eliza – I like her but don’t feel she has “paid her dues” yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  13. louiskooFTW says:

Vincent Wong gonna take it, hands down. Give it to him please, TVB. Him Law can’t do what Vincent Wong did in ACOH and WP. There’s nothing great about Him Law’s character in TITS2.

Yes, Grace Wong please. She’s a more versatile actress compared to Eliza Sam for now. Love her <3

Login or Register before you can reply to louiskooFTW
    • sandcherry replied:

Exactly. Vincent Wong is very versatile in his acting, from a good man to a bad one. I don’t see it in Him Law yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  14. JLYL says:

A vote from me for Vincent Wong & Grace Wong for most improved actor & actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to JLYL
    • Magic replied:

Same here! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  15. wooo says:

Actually his wife, yoyo chen is also quite good at villain roles. Hated his wife’s roles soo much.

Login or Register before you can reply to wooo
    • Magic replied:

They’re both pretty versatile artists and I do hope they both make a bigger name for themselves in the future since they can act, they have the looks and they also seem like nice people. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  16. cloud9 says:

Eliza Sam and Vincent Wong WON !!!

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  17. Jenny Mok says:

Eliza’s crying scenes definitely surpasses Fala’s!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny Mok

OMG! I am so shocked! Dayo Wong is TV King! And he asked “Is that TV King? How many can be TV King?” The funniest response of the night! You know I am very happy with the results and Dayo winning. He was 1st with the peers voting but 3rd with fans. I suspect because his series is still airing. The 2nd is 1st with fans but 3rd with peers. My feeling is Chilam. 3rd I think must be Kenneth.

Great results! Won’t dispute!

• polypeptide replied:

No one saw that coming!!!! When i saw that Francis attended the awards presentation, i thought he would have a great chance winning BA and be the surprise winner. Unfortunately he was just a bench warmer this evening.

For once, the results are deserving!!!! No one will dispute.

Login or Register before you can reply to polypeptide
      • Funn Lim replied:

But Francis did choose Dayo as winner. Very gracious. Am I the only one who thinks Chilam wasn’t very gracious?

• SY replied:

I think Francis recognized good acting vs mediocre acting. I did think Chilam speech was a bit weird but couldn’t pinpoint exactly what was wrong as I don’t remember what he said.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
      • Rae replied:

@Funn Lim: Francis Ng and Dayo Wong are best friends :))

Login or Register before you can reply to Rae
      • Funn Lim replied:

Really? Best friend? No wonder!

By the way I was very happy to see Cheung Tat Ming who looks ill BUT recovering!

• skinnymocha replied:

^ Yeah, forgot about that. Didn’t Francis appear on stage at some of Dayo’s stand-up shows as well?

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Yen replied:

YEAHHH!!!
        BEST RESULT EVER!!!
        BA = DAYO WONG and KRISTAL TIN!!!
        Best Supporting = BENZ HUI and ELENA KONG!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
      • moonriver replied:

yeah, francis, dayo and cheung tat ming did a stand up together . Twice, in fact. It was pretty good. Authentic HK style 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to moonriver
      • Funn Lim replied:

Wait! Francis in a stand up comedy?!

• moonriver replied:

@Funn,

Yeah, i think they did one in 1998 and another in 2000. I remember it was a period where Wong Jing dumped a lot of trash in HK cinema, and I ended up not watching HK movies for a while.

You can catch a clip of the show at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHcATmMXUA

Login or Register before you can reply to moonriver
      • polypeptide replied:

@Funn Lim:

Chilam wasn’t gracious.. he didn’t even stay behind for a group picture for all award winners, and did not accept any interviews. He too did not post any thanks on weibo, as of yet.
        Whereas, Francis did took a group picture with the crew of TITS2, and posted on weibo, thanking all the voters who voted for him.

Yes, Francis was in the stand-up comedy with dayo waaaay back. He was very funny in it too!

Here’s the link to the full version:

Some parts are not very relevant now, as they were mocking the then-government etc.

Login or Register before you can reply to polypeptide
      • Funn Lim replied:

Wow didn’t know Chilam was such a sore loser. I think he expected the so called Best Actor accolade? Or maybe he was just busy and in a hurry?

• Ling replied:

Funn, maybe he was still hoping to make it to the hkd500k event. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • Funn Lim replied:

haha to cut his losses eh?

Anyway still can’t believe I get to say this.

DAYO WONG IS TV KING!!

Never in a million years… never…

• Yen replied:

@polypetide
        Thanks so much for the link!!!
        HAHAHAHAS! Never expect to see Francis dressing and acting like that!!!
        Thus it’s right they said, only best friends bring out the craziness in us!! XD

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
    • SY replied:

Agree with you Funn. I think this year winners were deserving and the results were fair and impartial.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
      • Funn Lim replied:

I am still pretty shocked Dayo won. When I started watching Bounty Lady I was thinking Dayo should win. But the series hasn’t finished airing yet. Wow… great results though.

• SY replied:

True but I think the audience and the judges thinks his performance to date is great and deserving of the title.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
      • Funn Lim replied:

He was 3rd with audience. So he didn’t win with the audience. He was 1st with peers. Probably with higher percentage margin. I was thinking Ruco perhaps? Then Dayo was announced. EVERYONE was shocked. Management didn’t look pleased since Dayo is his own man.

Who is Sandy by the way? Anyone knows? Standard thank yous to Tommy, Miss Lok, Miss Tsang and Sandy.

• RW replied:

Sandy Yu, came back to TVB from ATV last year, she’s one of the executives, not sure what’s her position though. I think you should have seen her before, she’s always sitting beside Virginia Lok, I have a feeling she’s taking over Tommy Leung’s position.

Login or Register before you can reply to RW
  19. moonriver says:

where is this aired online?? I WANNA WATCH!!

Login or Register before you can reply to moonriver
  20. Yunie says:

Who is the TV Queen?

Login or Register before you can reply to Yunie
    • kolo replied:

kristal tin

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  21. Ling says:

Chilam’s speech shocked me. Suddenly Cool Mor is not cool anymore!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
    • kolo replied:

im also surprised,maybe he thought he sure win.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
    • Ling replied:

I am disgusted with what he said! I watched the Awards to watch him but he was a very sore looser

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
    • skinnymocha replied:

???? Care to elaborate? Have yet to watch it so what happened?

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Ling replied:

He said “does this mean tvb doesn’t like me? Cos I only win when votes r 100% by viewers” he didn’t win BA but only the Best Character. Then he went on to say biological son is good but those who come back to help in times on need is also good… Does this imply tat he he came back to help tvb but tvb is not repaying him with the BA award?

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • Funn Lim replied:

I think he was being funny but it just sounded so awkward.

• Ling replied:

I’m thinking maybe my Cantonese is poor that I dun find it funny. Btw, I am a chilam die hard fan since 1994. Wat a disappointment,,,,

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • Funn Lim replied:

“but those who come back to help in times on need is also good…”

He may have meant his fans for giving him the award by being so loyal to vote for him. I didn’t think he meant the way you said it.

• Ling replied:

Also he didn’t thank his wife!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • Ling replied:

I sure hope I misunderstood his speech!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • kolo replied:

maybe tvb would had gave him the tv king too but after the speech they gave it to dayo who is not a biological son and also return to help tvb. chilam could loose his popularity now after his sour speech.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • Funn Lim replied:

You’re right about the 1st part and I thought that wasn’t funny nor nice to say. The 2nd part perhaps you may have interpreted wrongly.

• Ling replied:

Oh… So dayo is also not biological. Then chilam’s speech is not so bad after all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
  22. Yen says:

BEST RESULT EVER!!!
    BA = DAYO WONG and KRISTAL TIN!
    Best Supporting = BENZ HUI and ELENA KONG!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
    • Yunie replied:

Can you post all the results?

Login or Register before you can reply to Yunie
      • anoninhk replied:

most improved: eliza, vincent (so happy for vincent, and im ok with eliza winning too)
        best drama: tits2
        best variety: the travel show with the 3 oldies
        best informative: the travel show with priscilla and tony hung
        best hosts: priscilla and tony
        outstanding awards: suet nei, lau kong and a few others, can’t remember
        lifetime achievement: lau siu ming

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
  23. ninja says:

when vincent first came out, i thought he looked and acted like a punk but now he’s starting to grow on me… hehehe

eliza’s fresh faced but sometimes pics make her face look chubby like this article

Login or Register before you can reply to ninja