Hong Kong’s golden age of entertainment may be long gone, but the impact of its celebrities are far from over.
According to several lists and charts that have been circulating in the inter webs of Mainland China, many Hong Kong celebrities are still some of the most expensive celebrities in the country, despite the rise of idol fandoms in the mainland.
When it comes to appearance fees, Hong Kong martial arts legend Jackie Chan (成龍) remains to be one of the highest-paid male artiste, at 3 million yuan per show. Sammo Hung (洪金寶), Chinese actor Chen Daoming (陳道明), and Jet Li (李連傑) are also worth 3 million yuan per show.
Chinese idol actor-singer Kris Wu (吳亦凡), who started his fame in K-Pop as a member of EXO, is also worth 3 million yuan per show, and is the youngest artiste on the 3 million range.
Hong Kong actor Nick Cheung (張家輝) is the second highest-paid actor, at 2.6 million yuan per show. Louis Koo (古天樂), surprisingly, is at a lower range, at around 1.05 million yuan per appearance.
When it comes to female artistes, Hong Kong singer G.E.M. (鄧紫棋) is dropping jaws with earning 2.4 million yuan per show, higher than any other female artiste that appeared on the list, including Fan Bingbing (范冰冰) and Zhang Ziyi (章子怡), each earning only 2 million yuan per appearance. G.E.M. shot to fame in the mainland after appearing in the 2014 edition of I Am a Singer <我是歌手>.
There is a clear pattern in male artistes earning more than female artistes—in the list of highest-paid celebrity endorsers, Chen Daoming tops the list, with earning 38 million yuan per two-year contract. Following Chen is Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat (周潤發) at 30 million yuan per two years. Andy Lau (劉德華) and Tony Leung Chiu-wai (梁朝偉) also earn 30 million yuan per two years. Kris Wu follows with 25 million yuan, and is the only “90s after” artiste seen on the list.
As for female artistes, Hong Kong actress Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) remains to be the hottest commodity for endorsers, earning 25 million yuan per two years, defeating even popular actress Yang Mi (楊冪), who earns 23 million yuan per two-year contract. Following Yang Mi is Sun Li (孫儷) and Faye Wong (王菲), each earning 20 million yuan.
While the reported prices can only be used as reference, it does give a good glimpse into who has true star power in the country.
Highest-Paid Male Artistes Per Appearance in Mainland China
1) Jackie Chan at 3 million yuan (HK)
2) Sammo Hung at 3 million yuan (HK)
3) Chen Daoming at 3 million yuan
4) Jet Li at 3 million yuan
5) Kris Wu at 3 million yuan
6) Jin Dong at 3 million yuan
7) Joker Xue at 3 million yuan
8) Nick Cheung at 2.6 million yuan (HK)
9) Deng Chao at 2.3 million yuan
10) Wang Feng at 2.2 million yuan
Highest-Paid Female Artistes Per Appearance in Mainland China
1) G.E.M. at 2.4 million yuan (HK)
2) Jane Zhang at 2 million yuan
3) Chris Lee at 2 million yuan
4) Song Hye-kyo at 2 million yuan (SK)
5) Jolin Tsai at 2 million yuan (TW)
6) Fan Bingbing at 2 million yuan
7) Zhang Ziyi at 2 million yuan
8) Carina Lau at 2 million yuan (HK)
9) Na Ying at 2 million yuan
10) Faye Wong at 2 million yuan (HK)
11) Xie Na at 2 million yuan
12) Angelababy at 2 million yuan (HK)
13) Dilireba at 2 million yuan
14) Maggie Cheung Man-yuk at 1.8 million yuan (HK)
15) Li Bingbing at 1.8 million yuan
Highest-Paid Male Artistes in Endorsements Per 2-Year Contract in Mainland China
1) Chen Daoming at 38 million yuan
2) Chow Yun-fat at 30 million yuan (HK)
3) Andy Lau at 30 million yuan (HK)
4) Tony Leung Chiu-wai at 30 million yuan (HK)
5) Hu Ge at 26 million yuan
6) Kris Wu at 25 million yuan
7) Jin Dong at 20 million yuan
8) Wu Jing at 20 million yuan
9) Jacky Cheung at 20 million yuan (HK)
10) Jackie Chan at 20 million yuan (HK)
Highest-Paid Female Artistes in Endorsements Per 2-Year Contract in Mainland China
1) Carina Lau at 25 million yuan (HK)
2) Yang Mi at 23 million yuan
3) Sun Li at 20 million yuan
4) Zhang Ziyi at 20 million yuan
5) Faye Wong at 20 million yuan (HK)
6) Lin Chi-ling at 18 million yuan (TW)
7) G.E.M. at 15 million yuan (HK)
8) Chris Lee at 15 million yuan
9) Song Hye-kyo at 15 million yuan (SK)
10) Gong Hyo-jin at 15 million yuan (SK)
11) Zhou Dongyu at 15 million yuan
12) Bai Baihe at 15 million yuan
13) Angelababy at 15 million yuan (HK)
14) Liu Wen at 15 million yuan (USA)
15) Dilireba at 15 million yuan
16) Cecilia Liu at 14 million yuan
17) Gao Yuanyuan at 12 million yuan
18) Twins at 12 million yuan (HK)
19) Jing Tian at 12 million yuan
20) Gulinazha at 12 million yuan
This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.