Kenix Kwok is Ready to Make a Comeback

By on September 19, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Since Kenix Kwok (郭可盈) gave birth to her daughter Tania Lam (林天若) in 2010, she took a hiatus from acting and hardly appeared in public. Kenix’s last series with TVB was 2009’s Born Rich (富貴門).

In a rare appearance at the inaugural Asian Facial Micro-Plastic Surgery Festival in Guangzhou, Kenix revealed that as long as she comes across a good script, she will go back to acting. Responding to the zealous fans present, Kenix revealed that acting has always been on her mind.

Although no longer with TVB, Kenix dispelled rumors that she has joined her husband Frankie Lam (林文龍) at HKTV. Though she admitted that Ricky Wong (王维基) has approached her a few times, Kenix is more comfortable in being a non-contracted artist. This allows her greater flexibility in spending time with Tania.

Needs Daughter

When speaking about Tania, Kenix smiled widely, “Looking after my daughter is the most important. My daughter needs me and I also need her.” She admitted she had a soft spot for her daughter. While she will threaten to lock 3-year-old Tania in the black room when the little girl misbehaves, Kenix does not have the heart to actually do it. Kenix does not believe in punishment methods because she does not want her relationship with her daughter to be strained.

Divorce May Not Be a Bad Thing

Recently, the media has been abuzz with Faye Wong (王菲) and Li Yapeng’s (李亚鹏) divorce. But Kenix feels that fans should not be too despondent over Faye’s divorce. She shared her philosophy, “Marriage is about fate. If you are unhappy, then it’s miserable to hang on to it. So divorce may not be a sad event. After divorce, there may be new hopes. In that way, everyone is also happier.”

Kenix and Frankie’s marriage is often under the scrutiny of the media, with past reports claiming that they are on the verge of divorce resulting from extramarital affairs on both sides. Due to these past rumors, Kenix feels the need to trust Frankie even more. She said, “In this industry, if two people do not trust each other, they will easily be torn apart by little things others come up with. Of course, trust is only earned after a long period of time.”

Source: 21CN.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

46 comments to Kenix Kwok is Ready to Make a Comeback

1. Larry 3 says:

What else…CCATVB?

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  2. Conscience says:

yeah..happy to see kenix back to tvb

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • mop replied:

no where does it say that…

Login or Register before you can reply to mop
      • Conscience replied:

kenix said provided there is a good scripts lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • Teecee replied:

But she didn’t say with TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    • TVBFanatic replied:

If she’s waiting for a good script… it probably won’t be with TVB based on recent dramas 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  3. Kenix fan says:

I love Kenix. To me, she is a diva. She grows more elegant with age.

I would love to see more of her in dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kenix fan
  4. pssst says:

Kenix, i hope you’re mentally prepared for all the comments coming your way soon about how much you’ve aged or how much botox you’ve had.

Login or Register before you can reply to pssst
    • Hannahh replied:

lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  5. Eda says:

Ive been watching Kenix old 90’s dramas lately and I love her round face more!!

Until the drama she acts in hit 2000’s…Her face immedaitely changed 🙁

Kenix, Please come back to acting! I dont have enough of watching her! I want to see more!

Login or Register before you can reply to Eda
    • LP replied:

due to plastic surgery.

Login or Register before you can reply to LP
    • Ray replied:

Hmm, what was she attending? “Asian Facial Micro-Plastic Surgery Festival”. Go figure. Personally I dont think it is a taboo anymore in the modern society. I am fine with it as long as it enhances your look and confidence but not to the extent that you are expressionless and like a doll.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ray
  6. sophia says:

YAY !!!!!!! Love Kenix Kwok!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  7. Hannah says:

Would love to see Kenix onscreen again. She was one of the few pageant participants with potential when she first debut.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah

No! I am too scared to look at her. The last time in Born Rich she frightened the life out of me. Scarred for life!

• milktea replied:

I always got scared by her overdo makeup on her eyes. It looks kinda horrible to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to milktea
      • Joanne replied:

Nowadays almost every female also overdo their makeup (for exp Tavia Yeung)..but Kate Tsui’s extra fake long eyelashes sure is scary…

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
      • milktea replied:

@Joanne: I mean not the eyelashes, but the inner eye line right below the eyeball. In Born Rich, she draws it so dark and thick, look so unnatural. It turn me off. And can’t agree more about Kate Tsui also. Lol

Login or Register before you can reply to milktea
    • Scaredy Cat replied:

Agreed, but Kenix is not half as scary looking as that other lady in Born Rich, Michael Miu’s wife in real life. Don’t know her name, but to me, that is one REALLY scary looking and plastic face.

Login or Register before you can reply to Scaredy Cat
      • sandcherry replied:

Jamie Chik.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • sophia replied:

I don’t think she had plastic. She just doesnt age well. She looked beautiful when she was younger. And she very popular back then too. I watched her series when I was like 5,6 years old :).

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • Shrimpboat replied:

Based on these complaints about Kenix, Jamie, and (more recent) Kate’s make-up…TVB needs to hire new make-up artists (from Korea, perhaps).

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  9. mi says:

i hope kenix gets back and tells us some of her funny stories about her daughter! ^^
    I hope these divorce rumors are false, because although divorce may not be a bad thing, that is only for the two couples, not for the kids. It’s a great impact on kids and it will influence their lives in the future.

Login or Register before you can reply to mi
    • Shirley replied:

I agree

Login or Register before you can reply to Shirley
      • Shirley replied:

Hey, I no like my picture!
        So garang

Login or Register before you can reply to Shirley
  10. Teecee says:

I don’t know if it’s just me and probably my own opinion but was she ever that strong as an actress? I never really thought much of her, I guess most people like seeing actresses they haven’t seen a while on screen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    • Hannah replied:

I think she is. Kenix is a versatile actress. She played a variety of roles except for villain. It seems like TVB was afraid of casting rising fadans as villains bc it might ruin their image.

I think the 7 flowers/4 dong ka fadans/whatever you want to call them had quite a range. Some better than others, but overall, they’re pretty strong.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Teecee replied:

I think she’s ok but not great, Ada and Maggie are the ones I found the most talented out of the bunch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • sandcherry replied:

Kenix Kwok still acts better than the current top fadans even though she was not that great at her time.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Yyf replied:

I agree

Login or Register before you can reply to Yyf
    • sophia replied:

She is. It also depends on personal opinion but I like her the most in the older generation more than Ada Choi, Flora Chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • Yyf replied:

Me2

Login or Register before you can reply to Yyf
  11. Anthony says:

I bet you she’s held a grudge with her for not winning the TV actress award out of all the fadans of her era

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
  12. irene says:

Found the above pic very pretty until I opened the other link.

The botox jobs looked very obvious!

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
  13. Joanne says:

Always hoping Kenix would continue to act, it’s too wasteful for her to not to act since she can handle different kind of characters easily. She’s still so pretty!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
    • sophia replied:

She is still pretty but this is not a good photo of her. She looked the best when she was pregnant cause she gained weight.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • Joanne replied:

Oh I agree! She looked stunning when she was 4 months pregnant.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  14. Michael says:

What was she doing at the Asian Facial Micro-Plastic Surgery Festival?

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  15. May says:

No offence, but she looks weird in the picture above. Her head is much bigger than her shoulder, and her neck is so long. She resembles something, but I can’t think what it is.

Login or Register before you can reply to May
    • sophia replied:

True I like her a lot but this is NOT a good photo of her. She looked great in the photos of her daughter’s bday.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  16. Shrimpboat says:

Clicked on the link to see the pic of her in the green dress. I can’t recognize her!!! What happened, Kenix??? 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  17. Michelle says:

I would love to see Kenix again. Those who don’t want to see her, just don’t watch the series. It’s that simple. Plus she only does if there’s a good script offered to her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michelle
  18. kit-kat says:

she’ll give kate a run for her money with those scary tarantula lashes……..shudder…….

Login or Register before you can reply to kit-kat
  19. GD says:

Bring it on, and pair up with Michael Tao. Classic couple!

Login or Register before you can reply to GD
    • ebbie replied:

Agree 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie