Takeshi Kaneshiro at Risk to Become Bald?

By on May 15, 2013 in NEWS

Takeshi Kaneshiro (金城武) was once known for his thick locks, but he now sports thinning hair.  However, Takeshi’s heartthrob days may be numbered as he reaches middle age, with early signs of a receding hairline.

Starting his career as a singer, the 39-year-old is popular across Asia. His was cast as the lovesick singer Keigo Ishikawa in the Japanese mini-series, God, Please Give Me More Time <神啊!請多給我一點時間>. His pining puppy eyes melted many female hearts, all the way from Japan to Taiwan, and even to the rest of Southeast Asia when Japanese dramas were the rage. With a Japanese father and a Taiwanese mother, Takeshi was born and raised in Taiwan although he possesses Japanese citizenship as well. With his unusual good looks, he is also the face behind many brands, such as Prada and Biotherm. Takeshi was undeniably a beautiful man in his hey days.

Receding Hairline

Recently, a Japanese fan posted photographs of Takeshi over the years, from his Keigo days to snapshots taken lately. Though Takeshi has aged, he still looks suave and extremely good looking. However, many fans also noted that Takeshi’s hairline has apparently receded over the years. A fan even remarked, “The Takeshi Kaneshiro I know from yesteryear is gone!”

Nevertheless, Takeshi is anything but just a pretty face. Because of his multilingualism, Takeshi was able to take part in productions from Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, earning him the Green Planet Film Award in the category “10 Best International Actors of the Decade (Asia)”. Despite not winning any major film awards, his acting is always highly praised. He was also able to hold his own beside Tony Leung Chiu Wai (梁朝偉) in John Woo’s (吳宇森) Red Cliff <赤壁>.

In response, a netizen produced a copy of an interview where Takeshi himself was quoted as saying, “Yes, I noticed my hairline is receding every year.” The practicing Buddhist’s sincerity and candidness touched many fans who pledged their unwavering support for their idol; even if Takeshi were to go bald, he will definitely not lose their support.

Source: Sina.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

33 comments to Takeshi Kaneshiro at Risk to Become Bald?

1. Little fishy says:

It’s called dirty hair :p I heard hair not getting washed frequently like to stuck to each other, resulting in a thinner look :p rubbish news lol, n the photos is like one super clean hair and one massively dirty hair :p also, you have less hair as you grow older, that doesn’t mean you’d go bald >_>

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
    • bizzybody replied:

Love this guy ever since I watched him in a movie with Kelly Chen as an angel that dropped from the sky – wished one looking like that could drop from my roof too.
      I also think it’s just oily hair making it look lesser and receding. Anyway, no big deal even if his hairline is receding. He’s honest enough to admit it and I bet he’s the type confident enough to just shave himself bald instead of taking a few strands to cover over some bald spot. With or without hair (provided he doesn’t gain a pot belly as well) I’m sure he can still set male, female or in-between’s heart aflutter.
      Some bald people can still look sexier than those with a full head of hair (provided the shape of their head complements it). Examples are Vin Diesel, Michael Rosenbaum, Sinead O’Connor, Sigourney Weaver and many others.

Login or Register before you can reply to bizzybody

It is natural.And also he has oily hair which makes it look like receding.

3. Cleo says:

I don’t know why everyone assumes he is good looking – he must have very good skin. I don’t really know of him except for his inexplicable besottedness for Brigitte Lin in Chungking Express.

Anyhoo, is he half Japanese or half Okinawan/Fujianese?

Login or Register before you can reply to Cleo
  4. tammy says:

UGH i love this guy 🙂 he was so beautiful/HOT/Handsome ( you name it) in that movie ” God, Please give me more time”. I prefer him with short hair. He looks so charming!! Very manly and sexy! He can rock my world haha. Who cares if he becomes bald. I think he’ll still LOOOK HOT AS EVER 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to tammy
    • windy replied:

hahhahaha LOL…
      I know, I too had the biggest celeb crush on him when I saw him in that series. Wow!!!!

I think it’s his oily hair and beard that makes him older but still fine I think but that teenage hearthrob picture is def HOTTER than HOT. hahah LOL…

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  5. dd says:

Terminator has the biggest man-crush on this guy.

And hey, so do I.

Takeshi Kaneshiro = making men homo since 1990.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
    • Terminator replied:

Gee, must you let the cat out of the bag?

Anyway, at 39, he is the same age as Kenneth Ma and 5 years younger than Kevin Cheng. Therefore, it is amusing to read how the article describes him as “approaching middle age” whose heart-throbbing days are pretty much behind him, while the two TVB dorks are often touted as “rising” heartthrobs whose “babe-drawing” days are still ahead of them. LOL!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • HeTieShou replied:

He is actually younger than Kenneth one year since he was born in 1975 while Kenneth was born in 1974. What, Terminator is a girl? I always thought that Terminator was a guy??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • lingling replied:

hahahaaa… that’s a hilarious comparison between Takeshi vs. Kevin Cheng and Kenneth Ma.

Anywho, didn’t matter, this man is gorgeous by any standard and just not in Asia alone. He not only has the look but also in the way that he carries himself. totally, drooled-worthy.

Login or Register before you can reply to lingling
      • dd replied:

@Terminator

Hey man, no words. Let’s just hug it out.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
    • Siying replied:

Lol! 🙂

I was 9 years old when my cousin told me about a cute dude she called Aniki Jin. I didn’t believe her so I asked her to show me exactly how cute this Aniki Jin was.

The next day, I gathered as many coins that I could find lying around the house and went out to get his cassette.

He was that gorgeous.

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
      • dd replied:

What a cute story.
        Nowadays iPods, iTunes and the internet ruined stuff like this.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
      • Siying replied:

Thanks dd, I appreciate it. 🙂

You are absolutely right.

I remember the casette’s better half, The Walkman. 🙂

It used to make me so annoyed each time I wanted to rewind just one song and would find out I missed the beginning by rewinding too much then I had to fast forward only to find out that I had missed the beginning again by forwarding too much.

Looking back, those were such happy times. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Siying
      • dd replied:

Oh my god, it’s like I’m really back in the 80s.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
  6. happybi says:

Ahhh Takeshi! He’s such a handsome guy!!! Hair is thinner but still a lot IMO. Still gorgeous as always!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  7. Vel says:

He looks like Nicholas Tse on the 2nd photo…but yeah I think it’s just unwashed hair and lighting that give the impression he is balding

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
  8. GiaKiem says:

hottest Asian actor of all time !!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to GiaKiem
  9. AhQue says:

wtf… when people age their hairline may recede.. so what ‘s the news???????

Login or Register before you can reply to AhQue
  10. Karbunda says:

And this is news??How???

Login or Register before you can reply to Karbunda
  11. Panzer says:

He will always be incredibly handsome and cool.
    It is his voice and eyes and acting all combined that no amount of baldness can ever take away. (even if he is going bald, and I dont’t think he is, just a bad hair day in that pic)
    I really wish he would do more movies, I haven’t seen him in much lately.

Login or Register before you can reply to Panzer
  12. aksuijai says:

tell him to use caboki. More and nice hair come out. trust aaron kwok.

Login or Register before you can reply to aksuijai
    • karjai replied:

Really! im bald now, can i use?

Login or Register before you can reply to karjai
    • Meiyi replied:

What is caboki? Thanks.

Login or Register before you can reply to Meiyi
      • aerosmith replied:

caboki can add hair for you just a few minutes but not permanent. check on site to know more.

Login or Register before you can reply to aerosmith
  13. aksuijai says:

can you see Aaron Kwok hair, is it a lot? he use everyday.

Login or Register before you can reply to aksuijai
  14. msxie says:

The picture with thinning hair was taken about 7 years ago. More recent pictures show a normal looking hairline. Anyways, TK will always have IT, receding hair or not. His resonant voice, his mystique/charisma, his charm, his down to earth attitude…….

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
  15. Licorice says:

I bet a part of him is glad he’s growing out of his matinee idol looks. He’s a gifted actor and has had the sense to make a career out of character parts rather than just leading man roles; he will never be out of work. I am sure we have yet to see his best performances. And anyway, he’s like Sean Connery or Robert Downey Jr – he just keeps getting better and better.

Login or Register before you can reply to Licorice
  16. aaronkwokfusing says:

i hope he get bald ASAP! ha ha

Login or Register before you can reply to aaronkwokfusing
    • takeshiK replied:

You are bad man.

Login or Register before you can reply to takeshiK
  17. Diana Higashiyama Trudnowski says:

We all lose our looks in some way as we age, one should not be too critical of natural progressionl. Since Mr. Kaneshiro is a very private person, I can only say I admire the versatility and sincerity of his roles in the movies I’ve seen. There seems to be quietness within him that comes across even in action roles which may be a part of TK in real life. I wair impatiently for his new project.

Login or Register before you can reply to Diana Higashiyama Trudnowski
  18. aaronkwokfusing says:

i pray to god hoping he get bald soon, ha ha ha ha ha ha…………..he’s one of the main culprit in entertainment industry…

Login or Register before you can reply to aaronkwokfusing
  19. aaronkwokfusing says:

get bald soon takeshi! ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Login or Register before you can reply to aaronkwokfusing