Tavia Yeung’s “Modern Dynasty” Drops Trailer

By on March 22, 2021 in Hong Kong Drama, Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Tavia Yeung’s “Modern Dynasty” Drops Trailer

Billed as the modern version of 2019 hit drama Beyond the Realm of Conscience <宮心計>, upcoming Hong Kong drama Modern Dynasty <家族榮耀> is set to play out the sinister mudslinging of the cutthroat business world. Produced by Tommy Leung (梁家樹), the drama is a joint collaboration between Media Asia and Chinese streaming platform Youku.

The production stars many Hong Kong artistes, including:  Chilam Cheung (張智霖), Raymond Wong (羅子溢), Him Law (羅子溢), Tavia Yeung (楊茜堯), Rain Li (李彩華), Toby Leung (梁靖琪), and Lynn Hung (熊黛林). Many highly recognizable veteran actors such as Candice Yu (余安安), Derek Kwok (郭政鴻), Yang Yu (于洋), and Mannor Chan (陳曼娜) are also part of the cast.

A teaser trailer which collated various scenes from the drama, including one showing a pregnant Tavia fleeing from a perilous accident scene, was released. Filming commenced on November 22, 2020 and has finally wrapped up. The anticipated series is expected to air this year.

“Modern Dynasty” Teaser Trailer

Source: HK01

This article is written by JoyceK for JayneStars.com.

18 comments to Tavia Yeung’s “Modern Dynasty” Drops Trailer

1. abcd says:

I am very much excited for this! I miss seeing Tavia on screen! But why are they speaking mandarin?

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
    • conan2209 replied:

@abcd it’s a China production

Login or Register before you can reply to conan2209
      • abcd replied:

@conan2209 oooo I hope it won’t be dubbed…. I much prefer to watch her actually speak Mandarin

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
      • conan2209 replied:

@abcd i assume only if TVB buys the right to broadcast it

Login or Register before you can reply to conan2209
      • rayne replied:

@abcd I hope not… The last time I heard Tavia speak Mandarin in an interview it was terrible.

Login or Register before you can reply to rayne
      • exodus replied:

@conan2209 So will there be a canto version of it? Gah I hope so, or I may pass on this which I would hate too.

Login or Register before you can reply to exodus
      • conan2209 replied:

@exodus i assume only if TVB buys the right to broadcast it

Login or Register before you can reply to conan2209
  2. hazel says:

I wonder if Toby Leung ever recognizes her nepotism? She’s a terrible actress and would never get any parts if it weren’t for her dad.

Login or Register before you can reply to hazel
    • conan2209 replied:

@hazel who’s her dad? Didn’t know she comes from an influential family. Think there were rumours between her and Michael Miu back then….

Login or Register before you can reply to conan2209
      • hazel replied:

@conan2209 Tommy Leung who’s the producer of this series and several others.

Login or Register before you can reply to hazel
      • conan2209 replied:

@hazel wow never knew that!

Login or Register before you can reply to conan2209
  3. coralie says:

Wow what an interesting cast. Definitely ups the nostalgic factor for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  4. sasamii says:

Whoa, I immediately could see the difference in budget and production value. The China connection means $$ for sure.

Login or Register before you can reply to sasamii
  5. nanika says:

omg lynn hung!!

Login or Register before you can reply to nanika
  6. ohmygoshy says:

Does Chilam have a minor role? Why is he not on the poster?

Login or Register before you can reply to ohmygoshy
  7. mulder99 says:

It will be released online by Youku as it’s basically a web series.

I think there will be canto and mando versions…

Login or Register before you can reply to mulder99
  8. vodka says:

if there’s going to be Cantonese dub on top of these powerful actors/actress forget it the serie is dead to me… will watch it only with their original voices.

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
    • exodus replied:

@vodka Same! It would dumb if they dubbed over these natural Canto speaking, even mandarin since they all speak it. @conan2209 ah got it. Hope they do or that youku does a Canto version as well would be dumb not too.

Login or Register before you can reply to exodus