Jiro Wang and Joe Cheng are Love Rivals in New Idol Drama

By on November 5, 2014 in Taiwan, TV Dramas

It has been ten years since Joe Cheng (鄭元暢) and Jiro Wang (汪東城) collaborated in the popular Taiwanese idol drama “It Started with a Kiss” <惡作劇之吻>. The duo are back as co-stars in Mainland idol drama, Together Because We’re Single <只因單身在一起>. On top of its extraordinary production budget of 1 billion RMB, the drama is also unique in that it will be filmed with reality TV program practices, with the progression of its storyline determined by audience votes.

Both Joe and Jiro portray love rivals, fighting for the affections of Xu Lu (徐璐). Viewers may find Xu Lu familiar as she played the role of Lady Zhen Huan’s little sister in popular period drama The Legend of Zhen Huan <後宮甄嬛傳>. In the new drama, Joe, Jiro and Xu Lu live in a condominium where its residents are forbidden from falling in love, and anyone who violates the rule would be evicted from their apartment. Against all odds, Joe and Xu Lu fall in love with each other and begin an underground relationship. Thrown into the mix is Jiro who plays Xu Lu’s childhood sweetheart, thus starting an unfortunate love triangle.

At the mention of being Jiro’s love rival, Joe joked, “Love rival? I never saw myself as needing to compete with Jiro. After all, in It Started With a Kiss, Jiro was the one who had a unrequited crush on my girlfriend, whereas my girlfriend’s affections for me never wavered!”

The romantic scenes between Joe and Xu Lu will be a significant feature of the drama, particularly as Xu Lu will giving away her first onscreen kiss to Joe. Joe candidly said, “I have plenty of experience in that department, so don’t worry, [Xu Lu] I can guide you! All you need to do is let yourself go and fall for me!”

In response, Xu Lu admitted that she found the experience extremely nerve-wrecking, as she grew up watching Joe’s dramas and being able to act next to him felt surreal. In fact, when they first met, Xu Lu was unable to look Joe in the eye for more than three seconds!

Source: Chinayes.com

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

17 comments to Jiro Wang and Joe Cheng are Love Rivals in New Idol Drama

1. msxie says:

Joe Cheng’s face is now completely different since plastic surgery. The old face was more real.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
    • CGC replied:

I was like who the *beep* is that?
      Both men no longer look like ISWAK times. Although at that time, they might not be the best looking, the individuality and uniqueness of their own face bring a different taste of attractiveness. Now, they’re just part of ‘the crowd’. Blah.

Login or Register before you can reply to CGC
      • HeTieShou replied:

I agree but must say that I still see the old them in that face. I wish that they kept their real face since they looked unique. However,they have that typical look if you know what I mean. I womder how they will look when they grow old? I hope their face does not get deformed…. I do not want to imagine it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • may replied:

Jiro’s too no?? I can barely recognize him from the pic above compaired to the the when I saw him last in Drama Go Go Go.

Login or Register before you can reply to may
    • Crow replied:

Joe and Jiro must share the same surgeon, they look like twins. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Crow
  2. Harjol says:

Jiro seemed to lose again in this drama.
    Joe born to be winner

Login or Register before you can reply to Harjol
  3. Little fishy says:

Main girl looks odd, not pretty and older than the 2 guys… Joe looks not good, for an idol drama, this already spell fail -.-

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
  4. ... says:

I really miss the old jiro

Login or Register before you can reply to ...
  5. Mimie says:

Joe and Jiro looks differently now. But still I’m Joe fans for ever..

Login or Register before you can reply to Mimie
    • HeTieShou replied:

They do look different but they still look like their old self if you look closely, I must say that they look alike just like the many girls that have PS to have that doll like look.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  6. windy says:

Girl does look plain and a bit odd looking.
    Joe – never thought him handsome or cute EVER so haha..
    Jiro – Man, this guy he was so darn cute before but now he just looks a bit weird compares to his old self.
    And if he’s not a lead, why play second fiddle to Joe again???

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    • Meg replied:

haha you took the words right out of my mouth! I’ve never thought of joe as cute or handsome. I only fell in love with jiang zhi shu stubbornness lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Meg
      • windy replied:

hahaha, I know. I can never even understand how he got so popular cuz in the looks dept, hes certainly lacks but then again one likable character can change your life in the showbiz. sometimes u just need LUCK…period.

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  7. rinyong says:

it that me or Jiro doesn’t look like him…i barely recognize him….he looks more mature man…yet so handsome

Login or Register before you can reply to rinyong
  8. Pak says:

Hope they will both find Miss Right & get married as soon as possible.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pak
  9. Xin says:

Can’t wait to see Jiro in a drama again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Xin