Kate Tsui Gave Tavia Another Big Edge to Win TV Queen

By on December 5, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

In a press conference held by TVB for its upcoming Anniversary Awards, many award nominees, such as Moses Chan (陳豪), Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) and Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) were present to pull votes for themselves. A visible absence was Tavia Yeung (楊怡)’s biggest competitor, Kate Tsui (徐子珊). Kate’s manager claimed that Kate was ill and resting and as a result, could not attend the conference. This gave Tavia a good opportunity to win votes!

Tavia’s Confidence Soared

Still glowing from the victorious win for My Favorite Actress at the Astro On Demand Awards on December 2, Tavia was all smiles at the press conference. She was flirtatious with rumored boyfriend, Him Law (羅仲謙), who was constantly beside her. They were seen posing and smiling confidently before the press. Even when Him Law was teased about their romance and caused an outburst, Tavia was still all congeniality. Apparently, winning the My Favorite Actress at Astro as well as Kate’s absence gave Tavia a huge boost of confidence!

Kate Only Hopes for More Work

Despite Kate’s absence from the TVB Anniversary Awards press conference, she was in good health and spirit when she attended a game show yesterday. In a body-hugging one piece suit with a plunging neckline, Kate explained her absence to the reporters. “My flu was bad, and I could not get well even after I went to the doctor. In Malaysia, I had to sing songs all through the night, making it even more difficult for me to recover.” When reporters asked her if she was afraid that because of her absence, the company would not let her win, she replied, “No! There are always more roles for me to play.”

Kate Does not Think Best Actress Award is in Her Pocket Yet

When asked if she had purposely avoided the press conference because of Tavia’s win at Astro, Kate was quick to deny. “Of course not! We were happy for Tavia and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) because they deserved the awards.”  Although Tavia won the Astro Best Actress award, Kate does not think that she will have a bigger chance winning the TVB award. She quipped, “You all think too much! Didn’t Myolie win two awards last year?”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

91 comments to Kate Tsui Gave Tavia Another Big Edge to Win TV Queen

1. kk68 says:

Best Actress and Best Actor on a leaked list of AOD Award winners, can tell Kate was definitely full of emotions http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vx2QnGmakEw

Login or Register before you can reply to kk68
    • purplepaw replied to kk68

LOL both kate and tavia invited raymond up to the stage while giving their speech..

Login or Register before you can reply to purplepaw
      • Gar replied to purplepaw

LOL…I thought that was quite thoughtful of them to invite him onto the stage as well. Even Raymond was taken aback the second time he went up there at Tavia’s request.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • Josie replied to purplepaw

Haha… All the ladies love ah fung!

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Purplepaw replied to purplepaw

But during his speech,
        At 2:10, Raymond said ‘to me, Pat chan is the jiu nice’. I’m guessing that even though Kate and Tavia invited him up, Raymond’s closer to Kate because they call each other brother and sister in this speeches.

Login or Register before you can reply to Purplepaw
      • Gar replied to purplepaw

I agree with Purplepaw as I also think that he’s much closer to Kate even though he has known and worked with Tavia for a longer period of time. I think it has more to do with Kate’s tomboyish personality which made them click more.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • Kidd replied to purplepaw

When did Raymond and Kate swear brotherhood/sisterhood?

Raymond called Kate ‘little sister’ and Kate called Raymond ‘elder brother’ in the award ceremony.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • tatswee replied to kk68

From purplepaw : http://youtu.be/MHW9ZEE0ozk
      seems Raymond openly support his aiya sister Kate Tsui

Login or Register before you can reply to tatswee
    • 939393 replied to kk68

I loved Kate’s speech. Especially the part where she mentioned that she’ll try her best to be an anti-drug spokesperson/role model, especially now that HK entertainment industry is tainted with numerous drug scandals recently.

and yeah, it was rather odd for Tavia to invite Raymond on stage.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • cloud9 replied to 939393

lol ..why don’t she invite Kenneth Ma or her BF Him Law as both of them from same drama The Hippocratic Crush ???

Knowing Raymond strong fans base obviously invited him. She got everyone surprise..but everyone understand her “HIDDEN AGENDA”
        She is desperate for TVB Queen , looks like she is more stressful than Kate Tsui

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
      • Kidd replied to 939393

Agree. It made sense for Kate to invite Raymond because they co-starred in HAL which Kate won the role for. It’s like Liu Ye/Hu Jun, William San/Coby Chong. They invited the other to the stage when one of them won an award because they are great partners in the film/series.

Tavia inviting Raymond is a bit out of the blue and unrelated. What reason did she give to invite Raymond up? Because they came from the same acting class? Because they played a couple last year?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • sophia replied to 939393

nope tavia invited raymond cause they were in the same class and she treasures that friendship.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • Veejay replied to 939393

I remember someone here brought this up before that the reason why TY called LF up to the stage is to show she’s too can call LF like kate..just show that she’s somehow more superior than Kate..

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • Nicole replied to 939393

ridiculous that she invited Raymond. I thought she always said that Ron is her best friend? And they celebrate birthday together? why don’t she invite Ron then? Obviously she’s using Raymond for his popularity, like Hey, my ties with Raymond go wayyyyyy back compared to Miss Tsui.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • pop replied to 939393

LOL! Kate doesn’t have best friend? Only Raymond? Aww! So sad!

• Nicole replied to 939393

kate invited raymond bc they are in the same series for this year, and raymond help her a lot in the series?
        But tavia just invite Ray for a random reason? If kate did not invite Raymond up, I doubt Tavia will have the idea to ask ray to go up.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • pop replied to 939393

same acting class. helooooo!

• pop replied to 939393

and they have been many dramas together. Raymond help her to get to her level now and she also help Raymond.

• a-pop replied to 939393

IMO the reason not just bcause same acting class. I remember Tavia said b4 tat she wish someday she can win BA(s)award togetherwith Ray since both of them grab Most Improved Awards and same acting class . Maybe she truly wish to share the victory together with LF as he is one of buddy tat grow up career together same period of time and have the fate grabbed same award with same time in the past.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
      • sally replied to 939393

I believe it’s a shout-out to their TVB’s 13th acting class classmates and would like to share their successes.
        (Oops! Should be hers not theirs as never heard Ray gave a shout-out)

Login or Register before you can reply to sally
  2. Daisy says:

Don’t worry Kate will definitely get the award at some point it’s just a cycle this year! Tavia gets it this year, next year Fala then Linda or Kate

It’s just a matter of time unless she leaves TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • tatswee replied to Daisy

Maybe Tavia gets this year if she act as Pat on High and Lows instead portrays Hong Tsz-kwan in Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles.

Her acting in SSSS not as good as Elena Kong. Elena portrays as third wife was good especially when she fought with Sir Arthur…so real. Anyway SSSS overall BORING…can’t stand Arthur having so many wife

Login or Register before you can reply to tatswee
      • Linnh replied to tatswee

As much as i like TY then i don’t think she could have played PAT. Actually out of those fadans, then nune of them can play Pat as good as Kate. I think Kate is the only one that fit this role.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • 939393 replied to tatswee

@Linnh: I personally feel that Nancy would’ve done great as Pat too! but not too sure bout tavia though.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • tatswee replied to tatswee

@939393:
        Nancy have this mistress looks since she acted Rosy Business.
        Kate till now still look like Teenagers, that why she stand-out on HAL

Login or Register before you can reply to tatswee
  3. heyyyyyyy says:

I don’t think next year will be fala turn since there will be a lot of good actress next year too, ada and sheren in War and Beauty2, Myolie in RB3, Esther in # life times, and more more versalites actress next year

Login or Register before you can reply to heyyyyyyy
    • Daisy replied to heyyyyyyy

I don’t think its gonna make a difference! This year there’s Michelle Yim her drama is doing well she’s amazing actress but she’s not even a “hot” contender for the title. Charmaines performance in when heaven burns was extraodinary but its the same thing with Michelle. It’s only Tavia or Kate

Actors wise there’s Wayne, Damien, and Michael they are better actors then Kenneth and Raymond but they aren’t a contender either.

Sheren isn’t with TVB, Ada isn’t TVB’s “daughter”, Esther isn’t either. Though there are great actresses I don’t think they are gonna win unless they have a breakthrough role

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • final replied to heyyyyyyy

can’t stand myolie’s acting

Login or Register before you can reply to final
  4. bbfreak says:

all i want to know is why kate looks so skinny in that picture. Is it the angle or is she just borderline unhealthy now. I wish she’d eat something lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfreak
    • Catie replied to bbfreak

I could wrap my finger around her waist. She looks really skinny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • Eunice replied to bbfreak

It might be the angle since it looks like she has no breasts. But sadly, looking skinny like that is considered “normal” for females artistes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Eunice
      • Catie replied to Eunice

I agree!!! when ppl comment that they look really skinny, female artists’ most often disagree and say the otherwise..and they often geuninely sound as like they really think they’re not skinny, which is really concerning..they’re like paper-thin o_O

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • 939393 replied to bbfreak

she’s quite thin at the time I saw her in person during the AOD awards. Mandy’s bigger sized than her! it’s worrying since Mandy’s considered fit/thin

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • TVBFanatic replied to bbfreak

I agree… she looks terrible. I’m not very keen on the “starving woman” look…

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  5. Mark Y says:

Kate indeed humble.

Got a feeling she wins BA.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mark Y
    • pop replied to Mark Y

humble? i dont think so.

• LyNN replied to pop

agree with pop. she is not humble at all! just preparing the carpet for herself in case she doesn’t win BA since earlier she has been making noises about the need to get BA award for her fans sake? my god!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • Josie replied to pop

But u can say the exact same thing about tavia!

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • pop replied to pop

Josie- U can see Tavia’s humble personality anywhere, anytime.

• Pyro replied to pop

Really? I find Kate to be one of the humble artistes if you pay attention to her interviews it’s well said. She’s pretty stress about the award as is Tavia

Login or Register before you can reply to Pyro
      • pop replied to pop

^haha! u didnt pay enough attention then.

• Pyro replied to pop

Actually my sister is a member of her fanclub she has in HK so I met her quite a few times, the first time I attended this meeting I wasn’t even a member and she came and introduce herself to me cause she didn’t recognize me, really outgoing I wasn’t intimidated at all like I would with other stars.she’s really nice and down to earth.

I followed that one interview she gave out on her opinion of the awards, it was well said.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pyro
      • pop replied to pop

Different people, Different opinions. That is all I can say.

• Gar replied to pop

To me, Kate comes across as being very down to earth and friendly. I’ve seen her once when she came with LF as his guest performer for his concert and she gave me a wonderful first impression.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • Linnh replied to pop

lol funny pop, when people has evidence then you come up with that? out of words?

I don’t see how you can tell people not to insult Tavia while you yourself is commenting negative about Kate in every posts that is about her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • pop replied to pop

hey! I don’t always support Tavia. In fact sometimes I even laugh at her nose if u can see some of the comments I made. I did say I admire Tavia because of her personality but the one that really deserve BA awards is Michelle. I have always support her if you some of the comments I posted too.

• Catie replied to Mark Y

Agree with pop..humble?! Confident-yes, humble…I dont think so.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • Mark Y replied to Catie

During the AOD I was there, infact I have seen Kate twice in Malaysia, she indeed humble , never put on air. Entertainer and Polictician are well train to project them self looks good and humble, but Kate is so different .
        During the AOD, outside the hall I notice this Actress ( I won’t reveal her name but many of her fans put hate comment here) she acted sacaratic arrogant to some reporters. No wonder many reported always try to find fault on her

Login or Register before you can reply to Mark Y
      • Gar replied to Catie

LOL….is this hated actress really that bad in person? I’m really curious as to how her real life personality is.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • 939393 replied to Catie

@Mark Y: really? at the time when the celebs arrived during the aod awards, I saw kate just zoomed by and never acknowledged or wave towards the fans.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Linnh replied to Catie

maybe they filmed her when her hands was down? You get tired by waving all the time too, so it don’t necessary mean that she didn’t wave.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • Linnh replied to Catie

is it now I should say hater will always be a hater?

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • 939393 replied to Catie

@Linnh: i’m not sure whether they filmed it or not on tv but i was there in person to see. And what i saw wasn’t appealing and i was a little taken aback.
        Hater will always be a hater? since when did i ever hate on kate? lol. get ur facts right dear.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • Linnh replied to Mark Y

lol how come i only see TY fans attack Kate lately? ohh well!

i also think she is humble :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • cloud9 replied to Linnh

Properly 1 or 2 persons Tavia diehard fans using different identity spamming hatred on Kate Tsui

Frankly, what they did might backfire BAD reputation of Tavia. Not fair to Tavia

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
      • pop replied to Linnh

As Kate fans kept on bashing Tavia and that is enough for Tavia. We didn’t make much comments while you guys are bashing Tavia and being nice to Kate.

• pop replied to Linnh

@cloud9 different identity? Like u?

6. Skyler says:

Kate is photogenic. She always looks great but for some reasons she looks too skinny in the above pix.

Login or Register before you can reply to Skyler
  7. P. Tan says:

I’ve never seen Tavia look so confidant and radiant than when she had achieved her awards that night in Malaysia. She is still smiling and exuding that confidence, I notice, so much so, she is even confident of winning Best Actress TVB Award. All I hope is she will not be disappointed later. The general consensus of the public over the choice of best whatever may be quite different from that of HK. Last year it was rather obvious what the choice would be but this year they are quite undecided about the choice. Wayne Lai is a very strong contender in HK, Charmaine too, I think. So, the outcome will be most interesting. Is it true that TVB wants to “ban” Kevin from winning the award for a particular reason?

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • Catie replied to P. Tan

Tavia have always said in all of her interviews, her mentality in winning awards is very neutral and does not overly look at winning awards as being the first priority for her. If she’s not confident in her performances in the first place, how does she expect her fans or viewers to vote for her?? She has to express and show that she has confidence mate. Even if she does not win, like she said, it wouldn’t be such a big deal because she takes these awards as bonuses towards her career.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • 939393 replied to P. Tan

I dont think it’s true that tvb wants to ban kevin from winning the award. But the chances of him winning it this year again is quite slim I’ll say.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  8. edwin238 says:

Do you think that it is 100% vote by fans this year?

I DONT THINK SO. YOU VOTE, TVB DECIDE

Login or Register before you can reply to edwin238
    • June replied to edwin238

It’s the same on AOD Astro. You vote, Astro decide.

Login or Register before you can reply to June
      • Veejay replied to June

Astro didnt decide, Astro doesn’t manage those artists, they dont belong to the properties of Astro. Astro just organize the event inorder to honour these artists since they aldy signed contract with tvb.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • LyNN replied to June

some sore losers will continue with malicious accusations that AOD awards are rigged. very funny. if only you are among the crowd in Malaysia, you could have witnessed how the fans yelled for Tavia & Kenneth’s victory that night. an awesome celebration!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • 939393 replied to June

Astro is not an entity of Tvb and doesn’t need to decide in favour of whomever they please.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  9. Bubblez says:

Is it me or is Kate looking really skinny in that picture? I am not saying, that she is fat or anything.. but it appears that she’s really skinny :S

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  10. sushiroll says:

she has indeed lost heaps of weight. she was on that mansion show with maggie tseung (is that her name?) and seriously she was like a bubble head on a chopstick. no joke.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Veejay replied to sushiroll

I think she’s a spoke woman for a local slimming centre called Terimee so I guess she just has to maintain being skinny not to break the contract.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • Linnh replied to sushiroll

she looks tooooo skinny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  11. TN1 says:

When was dis taken an awkward pose or otherwise she shrank?

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  12. ebbie says:

Her arms & face looks fine but dont understand why the body look so skinny.
    Is it the angle ?

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie
    • Catie replied to ebbie

I think she’s actually that skinny. She’s lost a lot of weight recently..so no surprise she looks ill-skinny in that picture. Someone give her a hamburger.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
    • sophia replied to ebbie

omg i hope tavia win but you guys need to stop talking about how skinny kate looks. dont be so judgemental.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • 939393 replied to sophia

not being judgmental but merely worried for her! it’s unhealthy and unappealing that she’s staying so thin. I think most of us loves her trademark womanly curves more.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • silver replied to ebbie

turned herself into having an unproportional body

Login or Register before you can reply to silver
  13. Catie says:

Haters gonna hate.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
  14. pop says:

LOL!!! Kate did PS too! R u blind?

• cloud9 replied to pop

pop and LyNN are you both twins or same person ?

Seems you or both of you hate Kate so much, worry Tavia will lose out to Kate ?

Lol.. ending up Charmaine Sheh, Linda Chung or Michelle wins Best Actress

so both of you better start being critical if posting about Charmaine Sheh, Linda Chung or Michelle..lol

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
      • LyNN replied to cloud9

then cloud9 u must be anonymous’ twin then.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • cloud9 replied to LyNN

100% I am not anonymous for sure

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  15. pop says:

lol!

16. cloud9 says:

Impressed at Pyro comment how humble Kate is :-

Pyro says:
    December 6, 2012 at 7:10 am

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  17. cloud9 says:

so LyNN and pop same person?

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  18. Lucia says:

Raymond and Kate have the same manager. That’s why they are close.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  19. Linnh says:

hahaha why take all the blame on TY? she is not the only one that has been taking PS. A lot of celebraties out there has been taking PS too! I don’t find anything that looks to PS on TY face (beside of her nose off course) but she actually looks more normal than many other artists that looks like a barbie doll after PS.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  20. pop says:

@cloud9 I support Michelle not Tavia though I did say she did a great job portraying a daomadan singer but the award should go to Michelle.
    Are u really not anonymous?
    Well you sounds like one.

21. RAYLEILAFAN says:

I’m annoyed at how Kate and Tavia are using Ray’s name and popularity to get votes for themselves. Ok at least Kate is Ray’s costar and Ray also support her, but Tavia?

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
    • Pop replied to RAYLEILAFAN

Did tavia use ray’s name? I never heard of it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pop
    • Catie replied to RAYLEILAFAN

fyi, Tavia and Ray basically grew up together being classmates right from the very beginning of their career. Is it wrong for one another to support each other, even if they were not recently/currently costars? Why does it have to turn out to be some sort of popularity contest or so-called ‘using’ names to pull in votes?? They can support whoever they wish man, geez lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie