JayneStars.com logo

Steven Cheung vs. Alan Wan: Who Will Win Eliza Sam’s Heart?

By on February 10, 2013

Steven Cheung vs. Alan Wan: Who Will Win Eliza Sam’s Heart? thumbnail

Thanks to her lovable performance in Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>, former Miss Chinese International winner, Eliza Sam (岑麗香), has successfully risen in the TVB ranks. The 28-year-old Canadian-born actress is currently filming the new TVB action drama Sniper Attack 2013 <神槍狙擊2013>, starring alongside big stars Eddie Cheung (張兆輝), Michael Tse (謝天華), Kathy Chow (周海媚), and Kate Tsui (徐子珊).

Portraying the only female member in Hong Kong’s paramilitary police unit, the Special Duties Unit (SDU), Eliza shares a majority of her scenes with fellow members William Chak (翟威廉), Steven Cheung (張致恆), Alan Wan (溫家偉),  Nathan Ngai (魏焌皓), and Yeung Chiu Hoi (楊潮凱). As the team had to receive formal SDU training together before taking on their roles, Eliza and the boys quickly warmed up to each other.

Being the only girl in the group, Eliza was the center of affection. 3 Weekly humorously reported that many of Eliza’s costars are attempting to pursue her, including Steven and Alan.

Since Eliza and Steven will portray a pair of bickering coworkers to a pair of lovers in the drama, Eliza shares most of her screen time with Steven. As a result, the onscreen couple also quickly became friends.

Steven denied that he has an interest in pursuing Eliza, and had nothing but praises for his costar. “My character teases her a lot once she joined the SDU team. Later on in the story, we will develop feelings for each other, and I will pursue her.”

Asked if Eliza has a lot of pursuers, Steven responded, “I don’t know.” Is he one? “No! I don’t like her type. But still, she is a very pretty girl, very pure, and we are both Christians, so we clicked fast. But she is having a hard time now. She doesn’t exercise a lot, but for this drama, we are required to do a lot of strength training. I see her running around the hills and getting terrible tans from the sun. She is so much skinnier now, but she is very hard-working!”

As for Eliza’s other “pursuer,” Alan Wan, Eliza admitted that she has grown even closer with Alan through the filming of Sniper Attack 2013. Both native English speakers, Eliza and Alan became friends after collaborating together in the food program, Master So Food <食得峰騷>, last year.

Asked if both Steven and Alan are trying to pursue her, Eliza laughed, “Everyone in the team treats me very well, like I’m their little sister. I share most of my scenes with Steven. He jokes around a lot, but I don’t think he is trying to pursue me! The others didn’t either. Maybe they treat me like a guy!”

Having to work with a team full of handsome men every day, is it even possible to not fall for at least one of them? “We are all like brothers! I am closest with Alan Wan though. After collaborating in a food program last year, we have kept in touch.”

Like Steven, Alan also denied pursuing Eliza. “Eliza is pretty good. We are both from out of the country, but at the moment, I don’t have these intentions.” Asked if Eliza fits his type of girlfriend, Alan gave a very cryptic response. “Can’t say she isn’t, but I really don’t want to!”

Source: 3 Weekly # 696 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , ,

• "Sniper Attack 2013" Blessing Ceremony(23)
  • Eliza Sam Attracts Hungry Men's Notice in "Sniper Attack 2013"(11)
  • “Sniper Standoff” Airs September 9(53)
  • Michael Tse, Kate Tsui, and Eliza Sam at “Sniper Attack 2013” Costume Fitting(36)
  • Alan Wan Pursued Eliza Sam for One Year?(50)
  • Eddie Cheung Complains about TVB's Poor Working Conditions(36)
  • Eliza Sam Earns More Than Fala Chen?(45)
  • Eliza Sam is Ready For Every Moment(32)
  • Rising TVB Stars to Watch in 2013(38)
  • Eliza Sam's Figure Triumphs Over Fala Chen(21)

• Readers' Comments (40)

1. Exo jern says:

Eliza suits an older guy compared to Steven and Alan. Looking forward to watching Steven act in TVB !

2. Selena says:

Don’t know who the 2 guys are.

3. Wilstar says:

Alan wan is smoking hot. If Eliza doesn’t want him -I’ll have him!

4. Uni says:

Alan Wan looks like a monkey.. I’m sorry. His Cantonese is horrible too.

5. Mlove says:

Of course Alan Wan. At least he’s born in the states and speak English very well. Plus he’s hot and buff.

6. Khanh says:

Can someone tell me which one is Steven and Alan?

7. kitty says:

Nathan Ngai is the hottest out of all of them!!

8. joey says:

Alan looks so fat now. He was hotter and cuter in Only You. I’ll watch this for Nathan.

9. pat says:

Isn’t Steven Cheung gay? He has this gay, twink aura about him.

10. BLing says:

Didn’t know that Eliza was 28 O-O.

11. Bubblez says:

They’re both pretty goodlooking. LOL

12. asdfjkl; says:

I wonder what “type” of girl Eliza is to Alan and Steven.

13. Anon says:

I can’t imagine Eliza would date an Asian fob. Lol.. Eliza has only dated white guys and Asian-Canadians/Americans.

14. Larry 3 says:

I just watch Eliza’s function during CNY and she trys to read Chinese character in front of thew audience….. Boy she needs a boyfriend and a tutor.

15. Shatin says:

Not sure what Alan’s Canto is like but if he is to consider a career as an actor, he needs a lot of voice work. His English language skills maybe good, but his diction is very poor. Looks are good but actors who last have the best elocution.

16. Godon Lim says:

More noobie exposure for 2013!!! Eliza, focus on your cantonese and career first….you’re only holding yourself back.

17. Lyle says:

Actually Steven is mixed as well, he’s half Dutch. I always liked him, he’s really outgoing and talented. Alan is getting there as well

18. Play2Lin says:

She will date either a vanilla guy, a lot of zero guy, or an elite moving picture guy. I don’t think she is a boy toy type of girl.

19. raymond says:

both also handsome actually. hehe.

20. Dragon says:

Michael Tse

21. bbfreak says:

I’ll take Alan lol, steven has gotten fatter, that is a very old pic lol. Tho I do like steven, I remember him saying he had a girl he’s chasing after (same faith etc), but that was before he ever worked with eliza

22. Crystal says:

They’re both pretty good looking.

23. gold says:

eliza.. although she is young, she has the auntie look too, esp the eyes

24. Kidd says:

Another Mr.HK alumni getting bigger role. I’m happy for him.

When I first saw the title, I thought ‘How did Eliza know Steven?’. It turns out that TVB got him to act in their series too. I like Steven Cheung in that ghost house movie I saw long ago. He was still 1/2 of the duo Boyz at that time. I wonder how he looks now. Last I saw, he has become fatter.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: