“Never Dance Alone” Finale Well-Received; May Release Film Version

By on June 2, 2014 in Hot Gossip!, TV Dramas

The cast of Never Dance Alone <女人俱樂部> gathered in Yau Tong on Sunday, June 1, to catch the drama’s finale with the local public. Alan Tam (譚詠麟), also made a special guest appearance to support the finale. Garnering several praises from viewers for its enjoyable plot and script, first-time producer Eric Tsang (曾志偉) is extremely pleased with the results and will determine whether there will be a film version.

Instead of treating the group of M-Club women to a vacation, Eric laughed and expressed he has other plans in mind to maximize profit. “Since they are so popular right now, I hope to bring them onstage in Southeast Asia to perform for shows!”

Venus Wong (王敏奕), who portrays one of the young M-Club girls, was rumored to be dating Eric’s son, Derek Tsang (曾國祥). Asked to comment on their relationship, Eric exclaimed, “I see her every day! It’s none of my business as long as my son is satisfied!”

Carman Lee Leaves Memorable Impression

Actress Carman Lee (李若彤) expressed happily that her role as Mo Siu Sze in Never Dance Alone is a new career breakthrough since starring as “Little Dragon Girl” in the 1995 version of The Return of the Condor Heroes <神雕侠侣>. Delighted about the series’ good reception, she would like to thank Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) for persuading her to return onscreen this year. Carman excitedly shared that even Best Film Actress, Sandra Ng (吳君如), has praised her for her excellent acting.

With such a memorable role, Carman noticed that instead of having passersby refer to her as “Little Dragon Girl” on the streets, they now go by Mo Siu Sze. Since the series has been a popular hit, Carman’s media exposure has also dramatically increased, with reporters following her whenever possible. Though artistes are said to have grown used to being photographed, Carman denied the saying, “I don’t agree that those who eat salted fish can withstand being thirsty.”

Reporters even snapped photographs when Carman went to pick up her niece after school. She expressed, “My niece is young and asked me, ‘Why does no one takes photos when my parents pick me up?’” Since the paparazzi is constantly nearby, her mother has been afraid to dine out with her.

Sources: On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

97 comments to “Never Dance Alone” Finale Well-Received; May Release Film Version

1. Jack says:

One of the handful of good series these past few years by TVB. Really sad to see it end.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack
    • Looooooooo replied:

The younger m club will churn into superstars

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
      • Looooooooo replied:

Really love cindy ‘s dancing .she look so confident

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
  2. Far says:

I have got to say that Eric Tsang really did a fine job of putting this series together along with the great acting by all actresses (older and younger) counterparts and of course the great script. Now I’m really going to miss watching this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Far
    • sandcherry replied:

Agreed. I never thought highly of Eric Tsang’s production, either movies or drama series. “Never Dance Alone” surprisingly turned out to be quite good for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Anthony replied:

I agree as well. I expected him to produce a silly, over-the-top, maybe offensive series from my past experience with his films but at the end of the day Never Dance Alone was a fantastic series. Ratings may not reflect this but the acting, script, background music does.
        As for the Best Drama 2014, if When Heaven Burns can, then should can Never Dance Alone!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
      • Looooooooo replied:

Agree

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
  3. Daisy says:

Excellent drama I hope they end up filming a movie!

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  4. Conscience says:

Yeah. The best TVB drama after all. A very meaningful, touching and enjoyable drama. Abit upset that Siu Sze didnt accept Alan in the end. But after all, happy ending for all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • JCLL replied:

I would be very disappointed if she did accept Alan actually. That Alan is such a wimp and not man enough.

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
      • Shirleypow replied:

I was praying that she will not accept allan and also the touching letter from the hubby. In the first place they shouldnt let the hubby die,he is such a good bby.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shirleypow
  5. Lemmiwinks says:

I enjoyed this show a lot, but I don’t think a movie would be necessary since it seems that all the characters stories have concluded.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lemmiwinks
  6. Best says:

I wish it was 40 episodes. Its was kinda weird for Lawerence to take Flora back after Carmen rejected him. I think it’s better off if they were friends cuz Lawerence dislike everything about her. Elvina’s character is sad. I have a feeling they will win the best tv series.

Does anyone know what’s the title of all the english songs that were played during Julie and Robert scenes. Not somewhere over the rainbow song. It was a female.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
    • Conscience replied:

Agree with you. Have the same thoughts. Alan should end up being by himself rather than to accept back Dan Dan as he dun love her at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • Funn Lim replied:

Insane isn’t it? He spent most of the series calling her names and in the end he accepted her? It could be as friends because I wished there is one final scene 6 months later about this pair, whether they actually got back together. I’d rather he wait for Siu Sze who can’t be a widow forever.

• Conscience replied:

Yeah..agree with you. I am very upset that Siu Sze didnt accept Alan but i do think Siu Sze also loves Alan. She rejected Alan at first because she cant let go of her husband who just died not long ago. But the ending should make Siu Sze pair up with Alan.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • Lemmiwinks replied:

Maybe they’re going to relationship counseling or something like that lol. And actually I think Siu Sze can be a widow forever because the ending makes it look like she’s really content with her friends and not needing to be in a relationship, plus I think she’s gonna be one of those love-my-spouse-forever types.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lemmiwinks
      • MW replied:

Siu Sze was the type who always yields to friends (like to Julie before and now to Diana). After thinking about it, I now kind of like that Siu Sze sent Alan back to Diana. Otherwise, it would be forever awkward between the three of them. And, Diana would be pushed away from M Club forever.

M Club = friendship, which is more important than anything

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • Lily replied:

If you think about it, Carmen already has a happy ending, even she is with or without Lawrence. She has her family and friends, yet Flora has nobody. Flora’s grandma is getting old and she has no friends. Despite being accepted back to M Club in the end, she still feel distant from them. I think Lawrence getting back with Flora is a great choice because in that way, it is a happy ending for Flora and everybody.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
      • Hannahh replied:

agreed!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  7. Conscience says:

Anyone knows the rating for the final epi?

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • michpuff replied:

On Wikipedia, its says the highest rating for ep 31-32 is 40 points

Login or Register before you can reply to michpuff
      • Hannahh replied:

oh really?! thats pretty good !

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
      • Conscience replied:

Wow..wonderful. better than TTIS

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • daess replied:

weibo said it peaked at 30 points.

sad the ratings are so low for such a great drama..

Login or Register before you can reply to daess
      • rofl replied:

Talk about inflating figures! No where is 30pts near 40 lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
      • Puff replied:

TVB 東張西望 said it peaked at 31 points

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
    • megamiaow replied:

That seems too much of a contrast to the previous episode ratings which were in the 20s.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
      • Looooooooo replied:

Agreed

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
    • megamiaow replied:

I just checked wiki, and the figure is bit even up yet so I dont know where you got 40 from.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
    • miriamfanz replied:

Ratings report for the finale: avg 27 points, peak 30 pts

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • Tvbfan replied:

It’s funny how they say well revived ratings but doesn’t say how much ratings it got. And for A time of love they never told us the ratings I personally didn’t like it. The 4 eps series that they spent 100mil on.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
      • Jake2 replied:

30 is the new 40 i guess. Its been such a long time that any TVB dramas made it to 40. Not after the moon cake drama i guess

Login or Register before you can reply to Jake2
      • TVBfan88 replied:

Actually, beyond the realm of conscience, rosy business 1 and 2, and can’t buy me love has peaked at 40 i believe

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBfan88
      • ping0 replied:

bottle passion also peak at 40

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
      • Alluka replied:

@Tvbfan: Here is rating report for A Time of Love:

First episode: 19
        Second episode: 22
        Third episode: 28
        Last episode: 25

@jake2: TITS2 got peaked at 41 in 2013.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka

“Alan Tam (譚詠麟), also made a special guest appearance to support to finale. ”

Where? When? Not in the series as far as I know when it should be!

I like the ending except I should have loved it. I didn’t.

• Lily replied:

He was not in the drama. Alan Tam was in the event where the actors and actresses, as well as the fans, were watching the finale together.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
    • SUGARDADDY replied:

alan did the song and the radio part

Login or Register before you can reply to SUGARDADDY
    • Anthony replied:

Alan Tam also said he hurried from his concert overseas to get to HK and celebrate the finale. I found it funny how he mentioned before they showed the last episode, “I got to thank Eric Tsang for making me known again!”

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
    • Longhair replied:

@Funn Lim. Is everything half empty in your world? You don’t seem to be satisfied with anything lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Longhair
  9. choco-bunny says:

Only the finale was well received? I thought the ratings were pretty average throughout, hovering at 24 to 26 peaking at 28?

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
    • kolo replied:

lol,serious? 28 point and they want to make a movie of it?

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • Anthony replied:

Ratings is not everything. If you look @ the comments from this article the critical reception from viewers were very positive. The ratings was in the mid twenties but still alright with TVB’s flat cruising ratings nowadays. I am looking forward towards the film version

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
    • Tvbfan replied:

Wow wtf I knew it if it was so well Received why didn’t they tell us the ratings.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
    • Susan replied:

It is not all about ratings but also good word of mouth. The series have gotten good reviews and the popularity of the leads have risen (both for the older version and the younger) so the series was indeed quite successful. I personally think it is one of the better TVB dramas in recent years.

Login or Register before you can reply to Susan
    • AnOpinion replied:

Bosco Wong’s new series averaged 21 for the first episode. Never Dance Alone averaged 25 throughout and its finale peaked at 30. Considering TVB’s ratings slump, I think it was very very well-received. I don’t know how they can make a movie out of this, but I’ll be happy to see it. The show was a revelation after stuff like Swipe Tap Love and Ruse of Engagement.

Login or Register before you can reply to AnOpinion
      • nimrod replied:

this is indeed a nice series.
        Btw, where did u get to see the ratings?

Login or Register before you can reply to nimrod
      • buzz replied:

“The show was a revelation after stuff like Swipe Tap Love and Ruse of Engagement.”

…Well that’s just your opinion. Many other readers here and i enjoy ROE very much. Different strokes for different folks. Personally i can’t stand this drama which seems to go on forever and ever. Again, it’s just my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to buzz
      • Alluka replied:

They amended after that to say that TUA got 25, peaked at 26

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Alluka replied:

For the first episode.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Funn Lim replied:

Ruse of Engagement is in a class of its own. It is on its own a revelation. To be honest Never Dance Alone is nothing revelation but it is bolstered by good acting by young and old. Story wise, nothing exceptional.

• Little fishy replied:

Considering that my friend, whom I haven’t seen in a while, and is quite busy with her life, talked about this series in our meeting :p. I think it’s very strong in words of mouth 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
  10. Conscience says:

The most memorable event is when Julie accepting back Robert whey they both took the buses to try their faith in love. Very loving and touching…

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • Mike replied:

the idea was copied from other drama/movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mike
  11. benchesandstools says:

yay a movie version! please don’t do another series.

enjoyed this series tremendously! worth a try if you haven’t see it

Login or Register before you can reply to benchesandstools
  12. pak says:

How come Flora Chan & Lawrence Ng couldn’t attend after the show end? Did the Producer Eric Tseng invite them? Can’t believe they couldn’t join them.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    • Tvbfan replied:

IKR what happen?

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
    • Larry 3 replied:

They have other commitments.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  13. pak says:

I wish “Never Dance Alone” will be nominate & win for Best Drama Serial of the 18th Annual TVB Anniversary Awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    • Looooooooo replied:

Great drama

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
      • Looooooooo replied:

Really love it

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
  14. Hannahh says:

so sad it ended! miss it so much. love it!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  15. tony says:

sad that tvb has finally got it, it is a pity that we are gonna fed half-baked dramas yet again

Login or Register before you can reply to tony
  16. Woooo says:

The writers did a great job at bringing Dan Dan back into a good person. Now, we feel it’s good too that Alan stayed with Dan Dan

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
  17. JCLL says:

The first day without M Club today. It’s killing me! Miss them so much!

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
  18. louiskooFTW says:

Good script, good acting chops, good chemistry, good casting!

Very memorable series, and love the message – friendships!! Make a movie version, with Louis Koo as guest appearance for Carmen Lee =P

Login or Register before you can reply to louiskooFTW
    • MW replied:

Heck yeah!!! Louis Koo (the pilot) gets Siu Sze but merge M Club into TITS movie. haha 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • benchesandstools replied:

lol. Carman Lee was an air stewardess before she entered the industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to benchesandstools
      • MW replied:

I know. And, they did ROCH 1995 together. Perfect, isn’t it?

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • wooo replied:

Louis koo and carmen lee should just date in real life. Why are they still single looking awesome like that?

Login or Register before you can reply to wooo
  19. HeTieShou says:

Great to hear good reviews on this series. But too bad TVB has not had a good ancient/wuxia series for a long time.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • kolo replied:

@hts please stop begging tvb for a good wuxia drama everytime,ancient drama;s are just not at tvb’s menu anymore,im also a tvb wuxia fan but tvb rather buy wuxia from the mainland than making itself.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • kolo replied:

personally i dont like this serie,its too melancholic,as a comedy its not funny,only silai would like this drama i think.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
    • megamiaow replied:

Whats wrong with wanting wuxia? Mainland ones are Dog do. I’ve never liked even one that I watched.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
  20. soo says:

Good show love the ending well done ! ET.

Login or Register before you can reply to soo
  21. Anthony says:

I liked the ending as well even though it was slightly draggy. I liked how it was similar to When Heavens Burn ending, where everyone unites together, and even Dan Dan becomes part of M Club again!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
  22. Stephystep says:

I love this series so much that I have formed my own M Club.

Login or Register before you can reply to Stephystep
  23. Allie says:

Loved the series, brilliant acting from everyone apart from Eliiza Sam!! Even the younger m club actresses did a lor better than her, her acting ruined some parts for me

Login or Register before you can reply to Allie
    • MW replied:

When language is not a problem and comes naturally, everything (communication, expression, emotions, etc.) just falls into place much more naturally/easily. Language barrier is actually a HUGE hurdle.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  24. Sunset says:

Loved this drama so much! Having withdrawal symptoms from not being exicted about the next episode! I hope my friends and I will end up being like M Club, constanly there for each other and providing support <3

-starts singing the theme song 24/7-

Login or Register before you can reply to Sunset
  25. Angela says:

I enjoyed this drama alot! It is funny, touching and made me thought back about my schooling days.

At the end of the day, its really not about how successful you are in terms of career/how much money you earn – its about your relationship with people (friendship, kinship,..)

and also, true friendship stands through the test of time. Nevermind if you lost contact with your besties now, who knows? you guys might reunite one day. it may take 20 years (just like m club) but when the time comes, you will probably feel that nothing much had changed since you guys parted ways.

Initially i had wanted siu sze to accept alan. But after she found the letter, I realized actually she loved her husband more than what she thought (good job to carman lee!) i cried during the restaurant scene. so i am now glad that she didnt accept alan and that alan will remain the handsome prince charming in her heart, just like her school days.

m club, m club, can’t do who anyone of you! yea!

sorry for the long comment! it is such a good series 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Angela
  26. Hannah says:

The series was well-received thru words of mouth. Ratings are low, but it seemed like many enjoyed the series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  27. Longhair says:

I love M Club and I love Carman Lee in this. She’s such a good actress and I’m not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears when she was crying in this drama because she is so believable.

In fact it’s the first time I’ve cried watching a tvb drama series since the end of Burning Flame 2.

I hope the good ratings and reviews is enough to convince her to film more series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Longhair
    • AL replied:

totally agree

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  28. Luckyducky says:

Lol LOVE LOVE LOVED this!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Luckyducky
  29. star says:

I like the drama but not as much as what many feel about it. Perhaps because I didn’t watch any dramas of most of the actresses (except Flora and Angie) and not being in the generation thus missing the nostalgia feeling. And I don’t like both Lawrence as well, especially Lawrence Cheng.

Anyway, among the M Club I like fei choi the least. She lied and betrayed her friends for her selfish reason, caused them to be embarrassed in front of the audience and put the blame on Julie yet no one seemed to blame her. Yet everyone was pissed at Julie for lying to them and no apologies for accusing her wrongly. I don’t like the young Julie but I like the matured one.

Login or Register before you can reply to star
    • Longhair replied:

I wasn’t familiar with the other actresses work as well (with the exception of Flora) but that made it all the more enjoyable probably because I’m sick of seeing the same old faces. And these actresses can act.

I’m also not part of that generation but I was totally into it because the story is about friendship and how easy it is to lose touch of friends as you get older, which is a theme that crosses all generations and age groups.

Login or Register before you can reply to Longhair
    • Angela replied:

Now I wonder why fei choi didn’t admit her mistake. Her friends knew about her husband but the show didn’t address the part whereby fei choi sneaked into the dance studio and caused Julie to miss the performance. They prolly still think that Julie did it on purpose.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angela
    • Susan replied:

I don’t like Fei Choi either. Both Dan Dan and Julie admitted to their wrongdoings and apologized whereas Fei Choi didn’t even clarify to the others what she did to Julie.

She was also the one who left Lorelei alone and went to eat and chase celebrities, which made Julie feel like she is abandoned by her friends when she came home and Lorelei was crying very hard and no one cared for her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Susan
    • skinnymocha replied:

I rather liked Fei Choi. She was just a woman yearning for affection and lacking in self-worth, which doesn’t excuse what she did to Julie and to M Club, but I find it believable and understandable why she did what she did. At least she was conscious of her wrongdoings. But yeah, now that you pointed it out, she never did apologise for that whole Julie “bailing out on her friends” incident…

There were two Fei Choi moments I really liked; one of which was when she recounted her (declining) marriage with her husband. I found it rather sad and I can see how some women can identify with her. The other was when she finally kicked her no good husband to the kerb. I was sort of cheering for her when she made her speech, because I could feel the sense of empowerment from a person who finally knew how to love herself.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  30. her says:

I’m so happy everyone enjoyed this as much as I did!! All that crying during the last episode gave me a headache!!

I hope to see the cast again in the future!

Login or Register before you can reply to her
  31. Lol says:

Lawerence Ng surprised me with his comedy skill

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
    • Looooooooo replied:

Lawrence is damn funny

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
  32. reg says:

i really enjoy it and i love all of them

Login or Register before you can reply to reg
  33. rofl says:

Too confusing – too many female characters; double that when we’re introduced to their younger versions.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
    • fe replied:

You catch up with it easier when you go through two or three episodes. I would recommend you give it another try if you haven’t already! My sister loved it!

Login or Register before you can reply to fe