2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong Award

By on September 30, 2011 in Polls

2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong Award @ JayneStars.com

On September 30th, Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) was declared the winner of the 2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong Award after six weeks of heated online voting at JayneStars.com! After the airing of TVB series, The Other Truth <真相>, Ruco shot to stardom and won the audience’s hearts with his great acting and hunkiness!

In the 2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong poll, Ruco garnered 3,517 votes, while 1st Runner-up Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) pulled 1,340 votes, and 2nd Runner-up Raymond Lam (林峰) won 1,268 votes. Congratulations to the men and many thanks to the worldwide fans who voted daily to support them!

Below are the complete voting results of the 2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong poll. Thank you everyone for your participation!

• No Related Posts.

• 101 comments to 2011 Sexiest Man Alive in Hong Kong Award

• jayne replied:

Funn,
        “Wow! Ray 113 BUT Daniel now 93! This is like watching race horse!! Whatever my feelings about Daniel, I think he might win. I shall refrain from voting for either! To be fair!”

The current poll results are skewing voter psychology and impacting voting patterns. Just like in a major election, not many people place their votes for the minority party candidates because they feel that their votes will be wasted, as they will not emerge the clear winner. In this poll, the same voter psychology seems to be occurring as well. As with real-life elections, we vote with emotion and perhaps disregard of what the criteria should be anymore.

Funn, it’s good that you are sticking to your principles and voting for the guys you find truly fit the sexy criteria in your mind rather than be swayed by others’ voting patterns.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Aly replied:

Is it possible to hide the poll results function maybe the last few days before the closing of the poll so it will be a surprise and no one will be skewed with their final votes? 🙂 That will make it more suspenseful?

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
        • Jayne replied:

Aly,
          “Is it possible to hide the poll results function maybe the last few days before the closing of the poll so it will be a surprise and no one will be skewed with their final votes?”

Aly, that’s a good suggestion. I think the results are skewing voting patterns, but at the same time due to the long voting period, it makes the race more exciting. I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne

How does Gred who has 0 votes gets 2% whilst scumbag Edison who has 2 votes gets 0%?????

• Jayne replied:

Funn,
        The percentage calculation is a little off, but the number of total votes is correct. Take the percentages with a grain of salt; it’s a plugin calculation error.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
    3. MiuXan says:

Raymond is going to win for sure just by looking at votes.

Login or Register before you can reply to MiuXan
      • diane20028 replied:

Nope, there are always …………

Login or Register before you can reply to diane20028
    4. ita says:

eh shawn yue only 2 votes. He look quite sexy though. Very manly.
      Roger kwok actually when he didn’t smile look quite cool and sexy..but until he open his mouth and start talking, can’t help thinking he talks like xilai..haha..

Agree w/ fox that Tony leung eyes very sexy and mesmerizing hehehe..

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
    5. #someday says:

Before voting I already know Raymond is on top of the poll, lol,he’s a hottie.

Login or Register before you can reply to #someday
    6. #someday says:

seriously should get a diff. picture for Sammul chan!

Login or Register before you can reply to #someday
    7. #someday says:

Next poll : ” 2011 sexiest women alive in hong kong” XD

Login or Register before you can reply to #someday
    8. Canto says:

No matter why he has a kitten wrapped around his neck… Sammul Chan is still my fav sexy guy!

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
    9. Canto says:

I support all the ‘oldies’ like Bowie, Micheal Miu… etc. Come on, it takes more than youth and looks to be sexy. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
    10. Doreamon says:

Raymond Lam is the one and only sexy guy in my eyes 😀 so I vote for him 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Doreamon
    11. Masaharu says:

Laugh at me if you all want but I voted for him yesterday(instead of yummy smexy Daniel!) because I found him unexpectedly emitting manly sexiness in Lives of Omission…hohoho

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
    12. Doreamon says:

Raymond Lam is the one and only sexy guy in my eyes :d I vote for him

Login or Register before you can reply to Doreamon
    13. MARS says:

Agree with @Doreamon, yes He is one sexy beast, even though he is ASIA he is good dancer, singer and actor, he will never change, he will always carries charisma.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
    14. RayIan says:

In my opinion, at least Lam Fung an artist that only depends on their pretty faces, from some boy band with idol images,acting in idol series;only just a student fight for a girl,with lack of talents in singing,acting maybe…,some only good at dancing(just like Rain,only good at dancing).

1.Vic Zhou-F4,Meteor Garden
      2.Jerry Yan-F4,Meteor Garden,Hot Shot
      3.Wu Chun-Fahrenheit,Hot Shot
      4.Kim Hyun Joong-leader of SS501,Boys Over Flower,Playful Kiss

Login or Register before you can reply to RayIan
    15. Pineapple says:

I really can’t decide whether I should vote for Cheung Chi Lam or Ekin Cheng – both are my top favourites for sexy guys as I don’t go in for just looks only. I have to count for their ways, their acting, personality, their charm, etc… and I think those two have it all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
      • anya replied:

Should vote for Ekin :). If You u already think he is sexy, then I can tell you he is hundred times better in person. White teeth, bright smile, tall and muscular. a heathy, sexy man 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to anya
    16. Ev says:

excuse me,how to vote? I can’t see any button that can click

Login or Register before you can reply to Ev
      • Jayne replied:

Ev,
        Above each actor’s photo is the vote button. Just press to vote.

After you vote once, you will have to wait 24 hours to place next vote. If you recently placed vote within 24 hours, then the vote buttons will disappear until the waiting time is over.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
    17. Pineapple says:

I noticed Tony Leung Ka Fai has got the least votes. I guess his sexy days are almost over because of age. Saying that, some older men can be really cute. Don’t know when that photo was taken but I am sure that he looks older than that nowadays.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
    18. MARS says:

Yes true everyone love Ray, because He is one the most SEXY BEAST LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
    19. Kidd says:

Wah, Greg Li has been without votes for many days and suddenly jump from 0 vote to 3 votes today. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Jayne replied:

Kidd,
        There are still people just discovering the poll, so the actors positions on the poll are still shifting. Bosco and Andy’s position on the poll really climbed! Haha we still have some weeks to go before Sept 30!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne

WTH? ruco chan now debunked Daniel?!?!? TV star wins over movie star? But Ray is still tops, with more votes. Jayne, polish that crown and just hand it to Ray already. His fans are one dedicated bunch.

21. Kidd says:

Seems like the fight is between Raymond, Ruco, Daniel and Kevin. The others are too far behind.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    22. Kidd says:

Unbelievable. Ruco catch up with Raymond liao. Now, they are neck to neck.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Masaharu replied:

Kidd, perhaps those who has “plans” to take down Raymond before can support Ruco. I’ll just be spectators and voting my men..hahaha

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
    23. pandamao says:

Ruco Chan got my vote. Glad he’s taking the lead from RL. 🙂

He’s got the height. Asian men with height, SIZZLING SEXY!

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
      • Joeanne Low replied:

So agreed with you!!! Chin Pang anyday over Raymond!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Joeanne Low
    24. Yee says:

AHHHH NOOO!!!!! Ruco is beating Raymond!!! NOOO, VOTE FOR RAY!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee

OMG! Ruco is winning?! WINNING?! Not sure if I am happy or shocked or whatever but well… just shows those who votes for Ruco either likes him very much or dislikes Raymond very much.

• josie replied:

I’m shocked! Shocked I tell u!

For the sake of ray fans all over the world, I must find an explanation.

Conspiracy theories:

1. There is a technical problem w/ the layout schematic of the poll which leads to well-intentioned ray fans to submit a vote for Ruco by mistake. U may interview @fox for personal testimony.
        This is very similar to the Bush vs. gore election controversy that erupted b/c people in the state of Florida can’t push down the damn divits.

2. This recent “Angel and the awards” scandal seems all too timely. I think Face magazine purposely cooked this story to sabotage ray’s chances of winning “sexiest man alive.” Oh, those tabloids are so evil!

3. After 1 prominent series, Ruco has suddenly captured everyone’s heart? I suspect black magic. I always thought there was something fishy about his eyes. Like he is able to hypnotize unsuspecting viewers somehow. Thank goodness I was able to escape his spell. I picked ray Wong in TOT and I pick ray lam for this contest. Must. Not. Look. Into Ruco’s eyes…

4. Ray haters are disrespecting the integrity of this contest and don’t want him crowned SMA. But why not stuff Daniel or Kevin’s ballot instead? Why must be Ruco? Have to go back to theory #3- he possesses evil powers and isn’t afraid to use it.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
        • Fox replied:

LMAO~. You can win a Nobel for this. The Peaceful Nobel I’m referring.

• josie replied:

If I find a cure for this Ruco-infection, I could snag the science Nobel instead.
          I think I will see that new movie “contagion” for research.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
        • Fox replied:

BTW I find out that really have another LF fan who is wrongly voted for Ruco.

• Jayne replied:

Josie,
          I agree with point #1 which is why we have created more vertical space between each candidate. This is more fair for all candidates and not just Raymond.

If the votes are fair, the pattern of Ruco with large vote counts should continue.

I suspect fans of particular artists are still discovering the poll, thus the voting patterns can still change significantly.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
    26. Candace says:

I like both Ruco and Ray, so I don’t mind either of them being the ultimate winner 🙂 I’ve been voting for Ruco every day though, which is a bit contradicting! R

Login or Register before you can reply to Candace
    27. MARS says:

PLEASE DONT GIVE UP RAY FANS. GO GO GO GO.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
    28. galvatron76 says:

Why no Felix Wong ,Frankie Lam and Stephen Chow in the list,Frankie lam look more handsome than most of the guy in the list.

Login or Register before you can reply to galvatron76
      • Jayne replied:

@Galvatron @Felix @Pineapple
        I entertained thoughts of putting Felix Wong on the poll. Although he is a very likable actor (one of my favorite actors from the 80s too), I don’t think he has that sexiness about him. He is very likable and nice, but lacks the sexy quality that Michael Miu possess.

Frankie Lam has not filmed in Hong Kong for the last year, which is why he was not on the Sexiest Man Alive poll.

Stephew Chow is more of a comedian and also lacks a certain sexiness.

There are 50 men on the list and hopefully among the 50 candidates, you find one of them to be sexy and will support them in the voting!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
    29. Fox says:

Haha now it turns like a war. Gain more than 100 votes in 24 hours, the result is like unbelievable.

Still, don’t find Ruco is sexy :P, thank to his nude pix.

• Fox replied:

Hey but why Ruco? Not Daniel Wu the second?

30. ita says:

waaa..ruco beat raymond?. Just one day didn’t come change so much?.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
      • P replied:

hahahahahaha…

Login or Register before you can reply to P
    31. Ev says:

support ChinPang everyday!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ev
    32. sherene says:

Support Ruco Chan

Login or Register before you can reply to sherene
    33. Candace says:

The numbers are changing so quickly. Such madness! hehehehehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Candace
    34. Fox says:

Wow, the number is rocketing in an amazing way.

35. Barcelona says:

why no Felix Wong in this poll,why actor as ugly as Bowie lam are in this poll?why some Hk inferior actor are in this poll while Felix and Frankie Lam left out?

Login or Register before you can reply to Barcelona
      • Pineapple replied:

Barcelona. Nice to know that you also like Felix Wong and Frankie Lam. I also wonder why they were not on the list.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
    36. Barcelona says:

I vote Kenneth ma

Login or Register before you can reply to Barcelona

Wah lau eh!! 254 for Ruco?!?!? WOW! WOW! WOW!

• Funn Lim replied:

I think by the time poll closes, can ready 4 digits.

38. MARS says:

NOTE:TO ALL LF FAN,please dont click wrong button, give more support to RAYMOND LAM, thank you.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
      • Funn Lim replied:

Is Ray’s next to Ruco’s??

• Kidd replied:

Yes. Raymond’s picture is above Ruco’s and there’s a ‘Vote’ button in between that belongs to Ruco. Very easy to vote wrong.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
        • jayne replied:

We added more space between the poll candidates to prevent users from voting for the wrong person. We added 50 pixels between each row. Having fun voting!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Funn Lim replied:

I personally don’t think it was a mistake though! Ruco certainly has quite a lot of admirers.

• Funn Lim replied:

You know what would be great though? raymond lam next to raymond wong next to ray lui

Ha ha!

39. edmwer says:

what just happened? did someone cheat or ??

Login or Register before you can reply to edmwer
    40. exoidus says:

good to see that people are getting to their senses. would be the same if mavis pan won the most sexy woman because of her plastic likewise with ray

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    41. Fox says:

Wondering, now will have any plan to not letting Ruco Chan the winner? Lol.

42. Felix says:

I think Felix Wong shall in the list together with Frankie lam and Jordan Chan,however the best guy hereto vote is Louis koo,ekin cheng ,Aaron kwok and Kenneth ma,Bowie lam shall replace by Jordan chan in this list.

Login or Register before you can reply to Felix
      • Pineapple replied:

Felix. Good to know that there is another Felix Wong fan here.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
    43. sarah says:

The voting thing is VERY misleading!! I also nearly picked Ruco…luckily i re-checked and voted for Raymond. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to sarah
    44. exoidus says:

haha now ray fans are trying to make up some lame excuses.

it’s not that hard to vote but maybe for ray fans LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • blacki replied:

hahahaha you said exactly what i’ve been thinking

Login or Register before you can reply to blacki
    45. blacki says:

i was looking for wu chun but he’s not on the list. i guess he’s not from hk so that’s why huh…

Login or Register before you can reply to blacki
    46. Pineapple says:

I was disappointed that Felix Wong was not on the list either. He’s actually my favourite TVB actor – was, still is and future. Really think he’s the best.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pineapple
    47. Bridget says:

I voted but forced myself to. I don’t really see any of these as rip-off-clothes men. Korean actors are a different story.

Here’s my take on the rest of the list and why they are NOT sexy:

1. Before my time: Felix Wong (although not on this list but a lot of you guys want him on?), Donnie Yen, Michael Miu, Simon Yam, Tony Leung Chiu Wai

2. Too boyish: Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Aaron Kwok (despite age), Chilam Cheung (despite age), Bosco Wong (who could also be in category #3 with that picture), Gregory Lee

3. You must be joking: Ruco Chan, Stephen Huynh, William Chan, Jay Chou, Tony Leung Ka Fai, Moses Chan, Raymond Wong, Him Law, Bowie Lam, Edison Chen, Wong Hei, Takeshi Kanishero

4. Who is this guy: Clayton Li, Terence Lin, William Chak, Benjamin Yuen

5. I can see why others think so but not my taste: Alex Fong Chung Sun, Nic Tse, Shawn Yue

6. Handsome but not sexy: Raymond Lam, Kevin Cheng, Steven Ma, Louis Koo, Andy Lau,

7. Too feminine: Leehom Wang

8. Yawn: Ekin Cheng, Matthew Ko, Joe Ma, Leon Lai, Joel Chan

That leaves 2 maybes for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
      • Bridget replied:

Hahahaha I actually forgot about Sammul. He’s in the ‘too feminine’ category. So no, not sexy.

I think I forgot Chris Lai as well – he belongs in the ‘yawn’ category.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
    48. Bridget says:

Who’s the Ruco Chan obsessed? Reveal yourself!!!

Fun poll! Can’t wait to see the results.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
      • Tracy replied:

I am not afraid to own up that I am a Ruco Chan fan. His charisma & acting talent in the recent TVB The Other Truth won me over, and not to mention his good personality, which I find very sexy. And I am sure many Ruco Chan fans would agree with me!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tracy
        • Funn Lim replied:

No shame in that! I am just surprised suddenly a huge jump in votes. All from where? Ruco fan forum??

• RayIan replied:

Come on,only just by watching one series(TOT),you can tell that he is good at acting

Login or Register before you can reply to RayIan
        • vichelle4v replied:

totally agree with you!Ruco Chan is a good and humble actor. Love him very much!

Login or Register before you can reply to vichelle4v
        • Fox replied:

Coincident that recently have a tabloid on Ruco stated that with the sudden popularity, he is arrogant and fighting with Ron, lol.

• exoidus replied:

i can totally picture that ron is jealous of ruco. he can’t stand that ruco is now more popular than him and not to mention that he knows he don’t even possess a tiny fraction of ruco’s talent

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

There are two parts in this article. One part is for Ruco to argue with the ppl who work in the background like the makeup artist or the tea person or clothes person. A guy who worked in the background said that Ruco once yelled a makeup artist because someone put a bag on his place, make the makeup artist scared to death. Everyone worked in the background are afraid him.

Then the another part is about how he and Ron acts like friend. They have frenemy relationship, lol. Because he accepted the low offer of TVB (HK$1500 for a show, HK$3000 for an eps on TV) in the 10 years contract so TVB promoted him heavily which made Ron felt unfair.

This article also mentioned that Ruco thinks of himself as second Andy Lau and tells everyone that he is second Andy Lau, shares the same life with Andy Lau (being underpromoted).

Well, that’s the summary of the article. Not sure how true it is. But the Ron and Ruco fight might be true.

• exoidus replied:

don’t believe it since he seems like a really nice guy from his interviews along with tavia. in another interview he said there is only one andy lau.

i feel he is the real deal but maybe his acting is so good that he fooled me LOL.

ron on the other hand might yell and scream at KLFs

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

Oh I thought you praised his acting is good.

However, if his behavior is bad, some more will come. In this case, well prepared is good for fans, especially the ones who take him as energy everyday :).

• exoidus replied:

ruco’s acting is good and wooden ron shouldn’t even be compared to him.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

In my opinion, I think Ron’s face looks more comfortable than Ruco’s. I don’t say of acting, just the impression.

• exoidus replied:

that i can agree until he starts acting LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

Well, Ron is perfect for the role like Lang Huet in The Four. Look cool 99% of screentime.

• exoidus replied:

yeah, like a statue minimal facial expression and no talk haha.

he is not acting then just posing really

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

But Ron really looks cool in this one. One of my favourite.

• exoidus replied:

LOL, i get it. tvb should let him play a mute, coldblooded serial killer soon

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Fox replied:

Sound like an interesting role. Nowaday a lot of ppl are addicting in villain roles.

• exoidus replied:

because they are more believeable. i just hate all goody characters like char. in BTROC.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
        • Ruco fans replied:

well, I’ve been watching him for year, others just discovered his talent NOW!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ruco fans
      • Norika replied:

These days I voted for Ruco, Alex Fong, Andy Lau! tomorrow i will vote for Daniel Wu.. and oh, too many sexy guys.

I visited jaynestars the first time when i watched Fan and Kam’s interview with RuTa. Ruco’s my fav now!

Login or Register before you can reply to Norika
    49. Bridget says:

I’m starting to think Ruco Chan visits this site…

Login or Register before you can reply to Bridget
      • Doreamon replied:

yup, me too 😀 but… who is Ruco Chan 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Doreamon
    50. Jayne says:

Checked site analytics. Ruco Chan’s significant jump in votes is due to fan forum referral.

The increase in Ruco’s votes should increase as more of his fans discovered the Sexiest Man Alive poll, and was not a repeat of the historic Gore-Bush election results due to ballot confusion.

*Whew* I didn’t want to have a drawn out recounting process.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
      • Funn Lim replied:

“Gore-Bush election results due to ballot confusion.”

No no. Bush won, TWICE