Carman Lee Took Care of Eliza Sam on Set of “Never Dance Alone”

By on May 17, 2014 in NEWS

Eliza Sam (岑麗香) was both anxious and excited when she first heard that she would be acting opposite the veteran stars of TVB’s latest drama, Never Dance Alone <女人俱樂部>. Knowing that she would have the most onscreen interactions with her seniors among the younger cast, she was worried about committing outtakes and felt incompetent. To her relief, the stars of Never Dance Alone took care of her and mentored her throughout the duration of the filming.

Never Dance Alone stars Carman Lee (李若彤), Rachel Lee (李麗珍), Gloria Yip (葉蘊儀), Flora Chan (陳慧珊), Angie Cheong (張慧儀), Fennie Yuen (袁潔瑩), and Elvina Kong (江欣燕) as seven former best friends who grew apart over the years and are looking to mend their old relationship. Eliza called the ladies her godmothers, expressing that they took great care of her on set.

Eliza praised Carman for being a good role model and sees her as her goal. She said, “From her, I’ve learned what it means to keep focus. When I film with her, she would even memorize my dialogues. I really hope that I would be able to do the same thing in the future.”

For her role, Eliza trained long hours, tried to keep fit, and attempted to control her diet. During filming breaks, the studios would supply junk food for the cast and crew, but Carman, understanding her situation, would watch over Eliza and warn her to not give in the temptation for food. Eliza said, “I love eating. [Carman] would always try to lure me to eat food. She was testing me, hoping that I would stay determined. When I do try to eat, she would actually hit my hand and would tell me to hang on.”

Eliza also described Carman to be extremely attentive. “She knew that I had edema. She read a section in the newspaper about how to treat it; she cut off that section of the newspaper and gave it to me. She took care of me a lot.”

The 29-year-old actress also said she really admired Rachel Lee’s versatile acting. “Rachel plays a very greedy and selfish person in the drama. She is bad, but also very cute. I also want to try out these types of roles. It’s a good opportunity for more development.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Carman Lee Took Care of Eliza Sam on Set of “Never Dance Alone”

• Finale Spoilers for "Never Dance Alone"(56)
  • [Review] "Never Dance Alone" (By Miriamfanz)(39)
  • Carman Lee and Rachel Lee Deny Rivalry(15)
  • Eric Tsang Favors Carman Lee and Ousts Flora Chan from "Never Dance Alone" Movie?(30)
  • Introducing the Young M Club Girls of “Never Dance Alone”(116)
  • Easter Holiday Hampers "Never Dance Alone" Premiere Ratings(53)
  • Carman Lee, Rachel Lee, and Angie Cheong At "Never Dance Alone" Promotion(16)
  • Synopsis Of "Never Dance Alone"(27)
  • 5 Cliques in the HK Entertainment Industry That You May Have Heard About(15)
  • “Never Dance Alone” Finale Well-Received; May Release Film Version(97)

• 20 comments to Carman Lee Took Care of Eliza Sam on Set of “Never Dance Alone”

1. Jake says:

Eliza Sam has the worst acting of all the young actresses in this series. Can’t believe she is so heavily promoted by TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jake
      • Anna Ling replied:

I agree, very painful to watch

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna Ling
      • Funn Lim replied:

I thought she was cute and effective. I quite like her. Her body in this series is amazing, and she looks youthful for her age.

• Anna Ling replied:

Don’t get me wrong; I like her, and I have nothing against her, but her acting is still pretty bad. She is pretty and cute though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna Ling
        • mito replied:

Yeah. She is really fit.

Login or Register before you can reply to mito
      • TVBguy replied:

Jeannie Chan’s acting is nothing to write home about either, imo, she’s the worst.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBguy
      • sophia replied:

I havent seen it but I live Eliza Sam. She is just too cute to dislike lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
        • sophia replied:

*** oops I meant like

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • sandcherry replied:

Out of the 7 girls, I think 95% of them are not on management contract with TVB. How can TVB promote them?

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    2. Lisa says:

She is likable. I hope her acting improves tho

Login or Register before you can reply to Lisa
    3. allie says:

even the girl who plays the younger version of angie cheong has done better than her, with no acting experience at all

Login or Register before you can reply to allie
      • afterschool17 replied:

yeah!!!!!!!!! i agree

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
      • mich-w replied:

yesss true …. the way eliza talk and shake her head anoy me

Login or Register before you can reply to mich-w
    4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!m club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! carman lee is okay in filming but i like the girl who filmed in the younger version a part from her-carman lee and not have that much acting experience of acting>.<

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
      • LuckyDucky replied:

Yh same I like her best out of all the M club teens. I think she’s called Anjaylica Chan or something.. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to LuckyDucky
    5. ELIZA SAM is okay she is cute and pretty………….always
      but she needs to improve more with her acting skills but still like she acting as well and the other people that is part of the M CLUB TV FILM!!!!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
    6. Hannahh says:

I think Eliza is good in M club, her character is likeable and nice to watch. Carman is such a nice lady!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
      • sandcherry replied:

Carman is a tooooooooooo nice person. It is hard to believe that there is such a person on earth.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    7. Star says:

Any article about Eliza always comes down to her acting ability -_-

Login or Register before you can reply to Star
    8. Anthony says:

Eliza as Carrie was an enjoyable performance. She can act because you could see her sometimes hopeless, at times carefree and that admirable look she gives to Carmen (thinking it’s her mom). Maybe it’s the repetitive innocent cute role she gets all the time that viewers think she’s not good, but I think she’s doing a gob well on these types of roles nevertheless!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony