Cast of “Three Kingdoms RPG” Reveal Their Own Preferred Endings

By on August 10, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Although TVB drama, Three Kingdoms RPG <回到三國>, generated much criticism for its poor casting, lackluster visual effects, and weak script, the time traveling drama garnered high ratings, and is currently on the run for highest-rated drama series of the year against the popular crime thriller, Witness Insecurity <護花危情>.

The two-hour episode finale of Three Kingdoms RPG will air on Friday, August 10th. What will happen to Vincent (Kenneth Ma)? Will he be able to return to the future, and bring his love interest, Song Yau (Tavia Yeung), with him? Will Vincent and Zhuge Liang’s (Raymond Lam) mentor-and-friend relationship be broken? With only two days left until the finale, the cast of Three Kingdoms RPG spill their own version of the ending, letting the audience decide for themselves!

Raymond Lam 林峯 (Zhuge Liang): “Vincent originally wanted to bring Song Yau with him to the future, but he accidentally brings Zhuge Liang with him instead. Vincent will use this chance to open up a school, and have the wise and intelligent Zhuge Liang be the school’s main teacher, while Vincent himself will be the headmaster of the school. As for Song Yau, she will guard the place where the time traveling tunnel is, waiting for Vincent to return to her one day, but he never goes back.”

Kenneth Ma 馬國明 (Vincent Szema / Szema Wan Shun): “I will bring all the ‘There Kingdoms’ characters with me to the future, and have Liu Bei be the Chief Executive and Guan Yu be the Commissioner of Police. Most importantly, I will marry Song Yau, and the final episode will have many of our intimate kissing scenes! That will be a happy ending.”

Ruco Chan 陳展鵬 (Zhou Yu): “Not only does Zhou Yu not die, he will also start a ‘relationship’ with Vincent. The two of them will go from being just friends to life-long soul mates.”

Tavia Yeung 楊怡 (Song Yau): “I follow Vincent to the future and will use my traditional feminine views to remind the Hong Kong women of today about some of the merits from the ‘three obediences and four virtues.’ I will also glorify Chinese culture! On the other hand, since I will now be in modern times, I can finally try casual dating! I might not choose Vincent in the end, since he needs to spend so much effort to court me anyways!”

Joseph Lee 李國麟 (Liu Bei): “All of our ‘Three Kingdoms’ characters travel to the future and horse around, messing up society’s orders. This will leave room for a sequel!”

Sharon Chan 陳敏之 (Xiao Qiao): “Vincent is too naughty! He needs to be punished! Have him stay in the Three Kingdoms period! All of the ‘Three Kingdoms’ characters were having too much laughing at Vincent’s terrible gags. Vincent and Song Yau will also be able to get married in the end.”

Ram Chiang  蔣志光 (Sun Yuk): “Vincent brings Song Yau to Mars, and the two of them will open a karaoke bar where they will sing Always On My Mind everyday for the aliens to enjoy!”

Kaki Leung 梁嘉琪 (Huang Yueying): “My character is a very smart, educated, elegant, and has good manners, so I’m sure guys in modern times will really like me. I will follow Vincent to the future and have the guys know that besides outer beauty, inner beauty is also very important.”

Johnathan Cheung  張穎康 (Fan Gen): “Vincent will bring me to the future so I can continue to serve him. I will also continue to be him and Song Yau’s ‘light bulb,’ and will be able to witness Vincent and Song Yau’s marriage in the end!”

Jim Tang 鄧永健 (Lu Su): “Song Yau goes to the future and is a girl out of time. She will have to start all over again as a modern person.”

Rachel Kan 簡慕華 (Lady Gan): “Vincent successfully brings Song Yau to the future and she will have to learn how to be a modern person. The ending is a happy one, and it will leave room for a sequel!”

Vin Choi 蔡淇俊 (Liu Cong): “Vincent returns to the future and goes to college to study science, and succeeds in discovering another time traveling tunnel so he can travel back to the past whenever he pleases. It’s similar to Doraemon – he can go back in time whenever he wants to see Song Yau.”

Yeung Ching Wah  楊證樺 (Ma Qiu): “For the ending of Three Kingdoms RPG, I hope Vincent and Song Yau will encounter a storm again, and all of the ‘Three Kingdoms’ characters will be warped into the storm and travel to the world’s happiest country, Vanuatu, where they all live happily ever after.”

Source: TVB Weekly #789

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

84 comments to Cast of “Three Kingdoms RPG” Reveal Their Own Preferred Endings

1. missy says:

I love Ram Chiang comment the most hahaha..

Login or Register before you can reply to missy
    • sure-lee replied:

I second that xD

Login or Register before you can reply to sure-lee
    • Hannahh replied:

hahah me too

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • a-pop replied:

His ending suggestion remind me W Files ending. haha

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
      • Melanie replied:

I laughed out loud at his comment lmao. Enjoyed watching BT3K, sad it’s coming to an end soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Melanie

Any one of these are good endings. They do have a sense of humour. My preferred ending? Shun wakes up and it was all a dream and then freak storm really happened again and he actually goes back in time and hopefully this time TVB will do the characters justice. I am still pissed about the whole Sima Yi thing. I have been duped.

• Ansy replied:

The movie content is very good and humor but Raymond Lam is quite unqualified to play “Zhuge Liang”.My friends and I are fans of Zhuge Liang, we are so dispointed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ansy
    • Hannahh replied:

“Shun wakes up and it was all a dream and then freak storm really happened again and he actually goes back in time and hopefully this time”

I hope he fall in love Tavia 1st and try court her this time round instead.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
      • looooooooooooo replied:

Brilliant actings by LF and Ruco. Ruco’s character is quite annoying but he managed to potray Zhou Yu brilliantly. LF’s zhuo ga liang really is the main attraction to the series

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooo
      • looooooooooooooooo replied:

Check it out:-

New track from LF:-

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooooooo
    • TorTor replied:

Funn, I actually like your ending. The whole time should be Vincent’s dream because he plays game too much.

Login or Register before you can reply to TorTor
  3. Ansy says:

Login or Register before you can reply to Ansy
  4. purplepaw says:

i like ram and ruco’s the most hahah so funny. and jonathan’s answer was so cute!

Login or Register before you can reply to purplepaw
    • Kidd replied:

Jonathan seems to be still in Fan Kan mode. Still so loyal to Vincent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Hannahh replied:

he’s so cute

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
      • purplepaw replied:

and his loyalty is what makes him so endearing 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to purplepaw
  5. Kidd says:

The casts are witty and have great imagination. I like Raymond’s, Ruco’s, Ram’s and Vin’s ending most. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  6. Fox says:

Some sound better than the one txb has. But Kaki’s wish is kinda…boring. In the modern world, harder to tell about inner beauty although everyone try to say about it as a requirement :P. Yuet Ying has a perfect husband in the past, just be with him.

I like the idea it’s all in a dream of Vincent more because the series uglified the 3K chacs quite a lot. If it’s a dream of Vincent, can explain why better.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  7. a-pop says:

I’m not interested what will the outcome of ending (too much of spoiler). I’m more fond to know how Sima Shun and Song Yau escape from beheaded scene.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
  8. Blasmoultacus says:

All of them understand the whole ”time traveling” consent and somehow, without the notice of Cao Cao, they have a great steamboat-barbecue party before Vincent goes back to the future. Vincent eats too much even though Zhuge Liang advises him to stop. Then, during the Chibi war, the storm sucks everyone through (All the admirals, advisors and army!). However, Vincent this time was too heavy to go through the storm. The professor’s theory was wrong and Vincent did change history. Vincent was alone and couldn’t recharge his phone. He did try to lose weight but couldn’t measure his progress. On the other hand, Hong Kong becomes the world’s most heavily populated city with millions of cantonese-speaking people from the Three Kingdom era that love panda meat (some of them were shot to death because of slaughtering pandas to eat). Back a thousand years, Vincent finds out that he is immortal, or at least for the next thousand years, defeating the bible’s longest living man (Methuselah). He has an extremely long beard and imagines if only he was in the future. Then, a storm comes again and sucks him in. “Houstan, I have a problem!”. This time he is a millennium in the future!

Login or Register before you can reply to Blasmoultacus
    • Blasmoultacus replied:

I spelt concept wrongly. My bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to Blasmoultacus

Just saw the last episode. What is wrong with TVB? Can’t they end anything right? They really like killing off the male lead and leave everything hanging!!

• Selena replied:

the producer is lau kar ho. he likes sad endings as he is no longer with tvb.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
      • Larry 3 replied:

He also likes bad endings.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • elin replied:

wat happen funn.. do tell. hvent had tme seen it…

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
      • Funn Lim replied:

Won’t tell, just watch. I just wanna say what Jayne posted about the ending speculation is not accurate, I laughed and I feel so unfair for poor Zhou Yu. I will rant more in my episodic thoughts.

• a-pop replied:

arghh..the ending so terrible sad . At least give Sima Shun have a glance at Song Yau at the end b4 he …..

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
      • Funn Lim replied:

It wasn’t even sad. It was funny, as he sang that song and.. just so funny. I was like wasn’t this series a comedy in the beginning?

• lol replied:

I agree Funn. I laughed at the ending. There’s nothing sad about it because the whole situation is funny in a bad way.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Vivien replied:

Agreed @Funn and lol. Sad what? The ending is one stupid joke and KM and TY don’t have chemistry in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • tvbfan replied:

I disagree with u a-pop. This is one of the WORST TVB ending. They want to make it sad but it end up funny and ridiculous.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • tvbfan replied:

This ending is neck to neck with BP for WORST ending from TVB. It is hundreds times worse than WI. WI ending although has illogical parts but can still give proper tragic feelings and they focused on the right main leads Hui sir and Chi Lam, but Song Yau in 3K? She barely done anything in the series and suddenly the finale has to be all about her? What about the others in the Kingdom? I swear Fan Kan is more important than Song Yau in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • tvbfan replied:

It was dumb for the finale to be about Song Yau and Vincent’s relationship. It should’ve been about the Three Kingdom and the war more since the series was talking about this for the wholepast episodes.

Song Yau who? Just a woman who likes Vincent. Vincent don’t even like her that much. I agree with others who said they don’t have chemistry. Don’t get me wrong. Kenta is cute in THC, but unnecessary in 3K.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • Kidd replied:

Song Yau is an insignificant character in the series. Shun doesn’t even love her 90% of the series. Why make their ‘romance’ the main focus of the ending? Shun’s bromances with Fan Kan and ZGL are way better developed than his ‘romance’ with Song Yau.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Funn Lim replied:

I felt so sad Kan never really could see Shun again and Shun never once missed Kan. I find the whole portrait of Song Yau in the office rather creepy. But I hate how Zhou Yu got robbed unfairly but the ending, yes how Song Yau entered the last scene was pretty but I hated how Shun who changed into a better man got punished in the end.

• Outsider replied:

Yes to Kidd. Disappointing that the series focus on Song Yau and Shun’s nonexistant romance for most of the ending. Blerghhh.

Login or Register before you can reply to Outsider
      • ragnarok replied:

The ending to 3K RPG is hateable and agreed with tvbfan it’s worse than WI.

Login or Register before you can reply to ragnarok
      • ragnarok replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to ragnarok
      • ragnarok replied:

As Kidd said Tavia is insignificant throughout 24 episodes why suddenly bother focusing the final ending for her? I feel the hate when nothing is mentioned about Fan Gan who has much much more chemsistry with Kenneth!

Login or Register before you can reply to ragnarok
      • ragnarok replied:

Hate the 3K ending! Worse ending ever!

Login or Register before you can reply to ragnarok
      • lol replied:

@ragnarok -This isn’t surprising:Only Tavia’s fans would love the ending because it spent so much on insignificant Tavia. What the hell

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • lol replied:

TVB’s CGI was a joke I don’t think it’s pretty at all. Tavia’s reaction and expression at finding Sima Shun is also feeling a little bit unfit for the situation. I don’t know, something is not quite right there.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Vivien replied:

“Only Tavia’s fans would love the ending because it spent so much on insignificant Tavia. What the hell.”

“Disappointing that the series focus on Song Yau and Shun’s nonexistant romance for most of the ending.”

“Song Yau is an insignificant character in the series. Shun doesn’t even love her 90% of the series. Why make their ‘romance’ the main focus of the ending?”

“It was dumb for the finale to be about Song Yau and Vincent’s relationship. ”

“Song Yau who? ”

ROFL. Poor TY. 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Nicole replied:

Okok, let me express some like for tavia. I like her in this series, because her long nose didn’t make that many appearances. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Vivien replied:

LOL Nicole 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Koop replied:

Lol I like TY’s innocent looks throughout the series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Koop
      • Koop replied:

And i see everyone is now trying to blame on tavia and kenneth. I am not a tavia fan but I think should be the writer of the script fault not Kenneth and tavia fault.

Login or Register before you can reply to Koop
      • Anon replied:

Haha Vivien it’s funny. Repeated Song Yau comments on how the ending is too focused on her love story with Sima Shun.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • Gar replied:

Haven’t seen the ending yet but from the sounds of it, it’s another disappointing finish. I thought this was a comedy….

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • Larry 3 replied:

It wasnt even that funny, and I give up the series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • Fox replied:

The ending is quite ridiculous and you can laugh at it more than feeling sad. Waste my time even to lurk through the last 2 eps.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • lol replied:

I laughed at the ending of 3K. No sad feeling at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • tvbfan replied:

Waste my time too. Not sad, not funny, just dumb.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
      • Anon replied:

I think it’s not sad too and no tears come out definitely. I’ve asked around and my friends who watched didn’t shed any tears either.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • mango replied:

I just saw the last episode, and I’m still confused here. -_- I’m waiting on the summary on here to fully understand!

Login or Register before you can reply to mango
  10. CHo says:

Cute endings….itz nice to see how the stars might think about this series! xp

Login or Register before you can reply to CHo
  11. Donal says:

Really like this show. Find it to be entertaining and good acting from most part

Login or Register before you can reply to Donal
  12. Landon says:

I wish they made alternate endings.

Login or Register before you can reply to Landon
    • Jenn replied:

ya me too. I wish for another ending 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenn
  13. Dan says:

I just finished watching the last episode.

From my perspective, the acting is what save this show. Everything else, from graphics to costumes/props to setting to story plot and character development was kind of so so. Like, it had potential but something just didn’t seem right.

I hope I’m not the only who feels this way.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dan
    • cherrie replied:

agree with u. the actors did a descent job for their roles. esp. enjoyed ruco. so hot-headed and jealous, yet he really fits that role well.

Login or Register before you can reply to cherrie
  14. Dan says:

Towards the end of the series, I was thinking maybe Szema Shun was somehow related to the historical Szema Yi. It would have been an interesting ending, at least for me.

lol, for some reason, I was feeling more for the friendship between Zhuge Liang and Szema Shun than his romance with Song Yao. Like the love story was so irrelevant.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dan
    • Anon replied:

The love story of Song Yau and Sima Shun was irrelevant for sure. I like Sima Shun’s friendship with the loyal Fan Kan, and secondly Sima Shun with Zhuge Liang. Don’t feel anything for Sima Shun-Song Yau.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
  15. Kidd says:

Any of the ending suggested by the cast is better than the real ending.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  16. Gap says:

All of these endings are better than the actual ending ><

Login or Register before you can reply to Gap
  17. Xeroxho says:

I am totally feel sad about this ending. Shouldn’t this drama end in 30 episodes?Why would it end in 25 episodes?I wonder if there is 5 episodes for 5 alternate endings?As I know it should end on 17 August.

Login or Register before you can reply to Xeroxho
  18. CatherineLe says:

I like Joseph Lee’d one! I would love a sequel !

Login or Register before you can reply to CatherineLe
    • gold4canada replied:

a sequel after all that mess?

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada
  19. gold4canada says:

any one of the above is better than the original

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada
  20. gap says:

The ending tat I wish is Song Yau get kill in the red cliff battle after Sima Shun tranfer back to HK. During the scene he died of heart attacked , Song Yau still did not appear because ahe already died for long time ago.

Login or Register before you can reply to gap
  21. Mightysnoopus says:

Totally bad script, bad visuals effects and as usual, another bad TVB ending. Maybe they should go to CTI to borrow their script writers,producers and DIRECTORS. Such bad ending, such bad script. No wonder TVB is doing so badly. Maybe Johnnie To should come back to clean up the mess that TVB has created.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mightysnoopus
  22. elin says:

omg the ending just nearly baffled me.. wht happen to everyone i demand to know… why oh why did i devote my nighttime to watch ths series if its so gonna disappoint me…… tvb hire me as a scribtwriter i should be able do better thn ths

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
    • Funn Lim replied:

All I can say by the time modern HK, they all died except Song Yau who will probably jump off the cliff.

• Anon replied:

The irrelevant and insignificant Song Yau

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
  23. onesong says:

I agree with everyone… the ending was just =_=; Like everyone has mentioned, Shun & Song Yau’s love relationship wasn’t developed at all, I felt no chemistry between the two (compared to HOC) in this series. And even their ending made no sense… at first I thought Song Yau descended from heaven and not the portal; how in the world did she descend un-aged?… she should have been dead considering time lapses when Shun left HK (2 years) or at least aged… Did Shun really think he can transcend time and look for Song Yau? she should have been dead. If Song Yau was reincarnated, I think that would have been better because the ending was open ended and made no sense… and I agree that the painting in the office was creepy.

This was supposed to be a comedy? But I didn’t find it funny at all… the gags were… -__- (script writing fault) Although I do enjoy how they develop the bromances more. 30 episodes would have been better- at least to explain what happens to Fan Gen or Zhou Yu (he looked pretty pissed/ annoyed/ defeated when Zhuge Liang called the eastern winds) and the rest of the 3K characters since Shun left.

Another series to add to my WTH O___O TVB Endings list… right next to Grace Under Fire (the series was great but where in the world did Shuet-kiu’s knife come from?!)

Any of the endings the cast said would have been better…

Login or Register before you can reply to onesong
    • michjcpy replied:

^ Kaki got the knife from the fruit seller on the train, I believe xD
      Anyway, 3KRPG in general was a huge disappointment. I think Ram’s ending is pretty funny and it would probably work since the ending was so far-fetched anyway. Instead of going back to 2012, Wan Shun and Song Yau could’ve gone to Mars via time portal xD

Login or Register before you can reply to michjcpy
      • onesong replied:

I’m going to have to rewatch the ending then… I might have overlooked something? Or it wasn’t shown properly.

lol, if Ram’s ending came true I think people would have been even more wth and boycott any more ancient series from TVB XDD But it sure would have been interesting to see how they will explain that XD

Login or Register before you can reply to onesong
    • gold4canada replied:

the explanation of the unaged song yau is because she entered the portal after shun, therefore transferred to 30 years later

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada
      • onesong replied:

what??? When did she enter the portal after Shun? Even if she did enter the portal, she should have aged 30 years then…. unless she was stuck in that time tunnel for 30 years, waiting for it to open up… -__-

Login or Register before you can reply to onesong
    • Kidd replied:

What’s so difficult to understand about Song Yau being unaged? The time portal can bring you to different time.

In A Chip Off The Old Block, Ron go back through the time portal and back to the correct time, but, Shirley, who followed after him, when back to 2 years before.

Shun might have waited 30 years in his time, but, SY might have only waited for 5 years, but, got transported to the time where Shun is already 60 years old.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  24. gap says:

Lau Ka Ho view in his weibo in reply to Tavia

“這段淒美苦戀,帶來最高36點收視,結局平均31點,在奧運期間算很不錯,結局提醒大家要珍惜眼前一切,愛得太遲就後悔莫及”

Login or Register before you can reply to gap
  25. cherrie says:

such creativity! i like raymond, ruco, ram, joseph, jonathan, and yeung’s version the most! hahaha! laughed out real loud at ram’s ending as i can imagine them singing ‘always in my mind’ in repeat mode. haha! crazy but cute :p

Login or Register before you can reply to cherrie
  26. Lily says:

Why don’t they just let the cast write the ending next time. Any of those endings would have beat the actual one by a few miles. 🙂 Even if we end up in Mars. LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
  27. Lily says:

The ratings for the final episode was probably high because we got tricked into watching it. We were already 23 hours vested!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily