Charmaine Sheh, Chilam Cheung’s “Return of the Cuckoo” Movie is Wildly Popular

By on March 9, 2015 in NEWS

Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼), Susan Tse (謝雪心) and May Chan (陳嘉佳) participated in a charity performance to raise funds for patients who suffer from kidney failure. At the event, Charmaine spoke about the filming of the movie adaptation of Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>, in which she is reunited with co-star Chilam Cheung (張智霖).

The behind-the-scenes footage of the film version of Return of the Cuckoo was released recently to overwhelming popularity. To-date, more than 34 million people have viewed the clip online. Charmaine said, “We still have a month left before filming ends. Before we started filming, I actually went to re-watch the television series so that I can immerse myself in the story again. I am confident that my current acting skills are much better than my acting skills before.”

The emcee for the evening, Charmaine looked stunning in a sapphire-blue dress with a flattering neckline. Hoping for a large number of donations, Charmaine said, “I’ve participated in these programs over the years, and never fail to donate each year. Outside of work, I hope to be able to give back to society in meaningful ways.”

Also at the charity performance, Susan Tse and May Chan dressed up in vintage outfits and put up a skit together. Susan also spoke about the favorable response she received from netizens for her swimwear scene in Eye of the Sky <天眼>. She expressed, “Of course I’m delighted! But I’m not ready to go onscreen in a bikini yet…I’ll save that for the next series!”

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

26 comments to Charmaine Sheh, Chilam Cheung’s “Return of the Cuckoo” Movie is Wildly Popular

1. seltav says:

For those who haven’t watched the trailer of Return of the Cuckoo movie yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncRVwPi4WI

Login or Register before you can reply to seltav
    • Lori replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to Lori
    • Jeannie replied:

Thanks for sharing the link. Love the song from the clip so much… Brought back some sweet memories…

Login or Register before you can reply to Jeannie
  2. Meena says:

Would anyone happen to know where we can watch the behind the scenes for Return of the Cuckoo??

Login or Register before you can reply to Meena
  3. Xoxo says:

Looking forward to the movie! Charmaine has always been generous in charity work and it makes her look beautiful on the inside and outside!

Login or Register before you can reply to Xoxo
  4. loooooooooo says:

I thought they should do a film based on mysterious of love where raymond lam ‘professor king’ gets a spinoff

Login or Register before you can reply to loooooooooo
    • jane replied:

i thinks a sequel is much better,love that show!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to jane
    • Funn Lim replied:

They cant. Since all are love centric it means they have to kill off tavia and find prof king a new woman.

5. joyce says:

Definitely will not watch any of Ah Sheh movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
    • Alana replied:

Don’t then.
      you shouldn’t even be commenting nor read any article of her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
      • joyce replied:

So many people criticize Linda and Kate. So are you asking them not to comment nor read their article.Halo! I comment on Linda too.Even more,Can’t stand that teh pau look n voice. Oh Oh just cant’t stand her!

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • TT replied:

Agreed!

Login or Register before you can reply to TT
      • TT replied:

I mean agreed to Alana.

Login or Register before you can reply to TT
    • TT replied:

Jealous? Envious?

Login or Register before you can reply to TT
      • joyce replied:

Why should I be bother? Can’t I just make my comment? Some people has been even harsh to Linda. So, are they all jealous? I have my favorite artiste too. Ruco is one of them but dislike that snake woman!

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • TT replied:

Joyce, The lady have a name, the way you called her, you sounds super angry on her. She is only an artist not your enemy….

Login or Register before you can reply to TT
      • joyce replied:

TT, She is not my enemy. She is pretty annoying that’s all. Get over it super fan of hers!

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce

Hated the series, woNt watch the movie since only likable character is killed off. This was the series i feel charmaine reached her nee height in shrilly voice acting. I remember before this series was out she said her voice was criticised as chicken voice and this series will change perception because she did well. I thought it was her worst and the story was no better. Why they chose this for a sequel or movie version is beyond me. Because chilam has movie marketability? Id rather they make a movie version of the other truth.

• swan lake replied:

Yes, was just thinking of that, that they should do a move of The Other Truth n of the Mysteries of Love. But then again not as movies tend to be more flitting, less focus on character and development of stories

Login or Register before you can reply to swan lake
    • Toby replied:

Because Chilam is popular in mainland after Captain Cool that they even have a wax statue of him. Charmaine is popular after LW but not that much. I’m not interested in this movie

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby
    • Alluka replied:

They have Joe Chen to be added in.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  7. RayIan says:

Should have The Last Breakthrough movie version.What happen to Dr. Ken Tsai(Raymond Lam) and Ching Ching(Leila Tong)?Love the story very much.It is about helping people who in need.They have clinic for lower income community plus they help without boundaries especially those who in Africa which they treat malnutrition.

Login or Register before you can reply to RayIan
    • Jaylee replied:

OMG THANK YOU! The Last Breakthrough was one of the best dramas ever. Some people say it was quite boring but I loved absolutely every single minute of it. It was one of the most heartwarming dramas EVER.

I wanna see Raymond and Leila reunite again. And Sonja. And Nick Cheung! I remember like a year of two ago, he stated that he does have an interest to film for TVB again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jaylee
    • Alluka replied:

Lolz, I love TLB and think it is the best medical TVB series ever together with Healing Hands (1+2 only) but I dont think there will be a movie version for TLB. All of its cast are non TVB artists now except Sonija who is demoted.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  8. variel says:

Where do I watch the behind the scenes video?

Login or Register before you can reply to variel
  9. Toby says:

I love Charmaine in LW but she’s a bit weird in movies although she’s pairing with Louis Koo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Toby