Charmaine Sheh Lightens Work Schedule to Find Mr. Right

By on September 5, 2014 in NEWS

Although Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) list of career accomplishments is long, her love life remains empty. With many of her close friends married and becoming mothers, the 39-year-old actress is unable to keep up with their conversations about marriage. Feeling slightly frustrated, Charmaine ultimately reduced her workload in order to have more free time in finding romance.

Waits For Perfect Man

Although she does not possess a strong interest in cooking, she revealed that she prepared a heart-shaped steak for her boyfriend over 10 years ago. “I know how to cook, but I rarely cook. The person that can make me enter the kitchen is someone that I highly care about. So he will be very fortunate!”

Charmaine admitted that it has been a long time since a pursuer got close to her. Due to her busy work schedule, Charmaine did not have time to find the perfect man. “I know that everyone is concerned, so I’m already promising that I’ll be fast about it! However, he must be a suitable partner. Right now, my career is still going well but in order to find someone, I’ve decided to give myself more personal time to develop my love life.

“My friends think I’m desperate and become matchmakers for me. When I am meeting someone for that purpose, I become nervous and slowly reject them.  I believe that love is up to fate and it should be natural. I also don’t believe that the entertainment circle is too small for meeting someone. As for going on vacation alone, I can’t accept that right now. When I go out to eat and shop, I don’t have a second opinion. I don’t even have someone to be my photographer. I don’t want everyone to think that I don’t have friends outside the industry; I do have a lot of single friends of the opposite sex.”

At the height of her TVB career, Charmaine filmed series back-to-back and only slept for four hours each night. She did not have a single free day for months. Disclosing that she has missed a lot of golden dating opportunities because of her hectic schedule, she is now filming one series per year to have more time for herself.

Charmaine: “Raymond Lam Has Matured”

Over the years, Charmaine has garnered a lot of injuries from filming. Her neck injury last year caused numbness in her arm for months. Charmaine understood that she must treat her body well and take care of herself more in the future.

Not long after her neck injury healed, Charmaine began filming Line Walker <使徒行者> with Raymond Lam (林峯) and Michael Miu (苗僑偉). Charmaine’s co-workers took good care of her to minimize the possibility of becoming injured again.

While Line Walker is Charmaine’s comeback drama at TVB, it is also Raymond’s last series with the station. Initially a bickering pair, they suffer through a variety of difficult situations and become attracted to one another. Unfortunately for Charmaine, Ankie Belkie (貝安琪) will enter the picture as a third wheel to threaten her relationship with Raymond.

Besides maintaining a close friendship behind the cameras, Charmaine and Raymond have great onscreen chemistry together. It has been three years since their last collaboration, and Charmaine felt that Raymond has matured as an individual. “In the past, I thought that Raymond was like a kid. When I worked with him this time, he recommended restaurants and good dishes to me. He also shared cooking tips. Although we don’t discuss romantic topics, but I can see that he enjoys his dating life. As his friend, I’m happy for him.”

Sources: On.cc; On.cc

This article is written Su for JayneStars.com.

59 comments to Charmaine Sheh Lightens Work Schedule to Find Mr. Right

1. Chloe says:

Wish to see Charmaine back with Kevin Cheng.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe
    • Tess replied:

I prefer Kevin with Niki Chow. They are more compatible.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
      • Prettysup replied:

Milk I already has a boyfriend. So it’ll be less complicated for Charmaine to be with Kevin now

Login or Register before you can reply to Prettysup
      • Prettysup replied:

I mean Nikki

Login or Register before you can reply to Prettysup
      • Yummysukiyaki replied:

Niki is marrying a kid, leave Charmaine n Kevin alone…LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Yummysukiyaki
  2. Peggy says:

Today episode is great. Love the chemistry she has with Raymond.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peggy
    • Looooooooooo replied:

A mystery, who is the last uc other than LF ,charmaine,&summy?

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooooo
  3. kiwi says:

“Charmaine Sheh Lightens Work Schedule to Find Mr. Right”

LOL!

no, no charmaine shouldn’t get back with Kevin. I like Kevin and Niki better 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Jadon
  5. AL says:

hope she find a Mr. Right!!! Best wishes

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  6. Tess says:

What about her becoming a diamond spinster?

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
  7. michpuff says:

Good luck to her!

Login or Register before you can reply to michpuff
  8. daess says:

omygoodness, she’s 39??
    I really hope she finds her “Mr. Right” soon!

Login or Register before you can reply to daess
  9. Best says:

I like Line Walker. Didn’t think I’ll like it as much when I saw the poster. Everyone did a great job in this series. Her acting has improved a lot. Too bad Raymond is gone by the wind. Would of been cool if he could film one series per year. Hope TVB will promote Benz’s assistant. I forgot his name. He was the guy that was fighting 10 other guys. I remember he did a series with Sheran Tang back in the days.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
    • Alluka replied:

His name is Vincent Lam Wai. I like him the most in ATV :D. Although he is 50++, he looks so good :D.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Looooooooooo replied:

Especially ,the part when Vincent kick pao seed 15 feet into the sofa,really hilarious.

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooooo
      • Best replied:

Wow he’s in the 50’s. He looks good for his age. He was a model before. I like his eyes and his voice. Hahaha Kinda feel bad for him cuz he doesn’t get much screen time. Hopefully, he’ll get more soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
      • Alluka replied:

He has more scenes than in Highs and Lows and that’s good enough to me :D. I wanna see him more in meaty roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Looooooooo replied:

Support vincent lam to be the next lead

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
  10. P. Tan says:

I should think that Mr. Right just comes along quite naturally and one does not need to really go looking for him. I’m quite sure Charmaine, charming and pretty as she is, has had quite a number of suitors but has been rather picky. Now, with her fame and fortune it will be difficult to get a suitor to pursue her. I wonder what really happened to her and Kevin.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • kiwi replied:

“Charmaine: “Raymond Lam Has Matured”

Same to her, at the age of 39 she can’t no long hao but have to get real with the situations. It’s time to get serious. It’s never too late to find her soul mate. 😀 🙁 LOL!

• kiwi replied:

BTW, what happened to Niki, Kevin and Charmain. 😀 🙁 LOL!

• kiwi replied:

“Kevin and sheh did say last time it was the wrong time maybe this time it can be right if they give each other another chance”

They did, so no chance for Niki and him to get back together. Oh well. 😀 🙁 LOL!

• Yummysukiyaki replied:

Niki is nursing a kid soon, stay away from Kevin n Charmaine

Login or Register before you can reply to Yummysukiyaki
      • kiwi replied:

“I have no H K celeb fans…LOL!”

Daddy’s immature little boy. Honesty is good. Niki is actually nursing what’s the face’s name. 😀 🙁 LOL!

11. wooo says:

Love line walker so much. Only 1 more UC to discover and I expect a lot of twists coming like fun hei gor is also a UC or sharon chan is fun hei gor’s UC in the police force or worse still, michael miu is actually working for the triad.

Login or Register before you can reply to wooo
    • Looooooooooo replied:

Really suspense, my bet is Vincent lam to be the next uc

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooooo
      • Best replied:

I think Oscar Leung is a UC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Best
      • Looooooooo replied:

Then he is d most coward uc in the series

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
    • jj replied:

Wait, who’s the 4th UC? When was it revealed? There should be 5 UCs right? There are Charmaine, Raymond and Sammy confimred. Who are the last 2?

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
      • Woooo replied:

Skye Chan, the ICAC officer is also a UC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
  12. Lol says:

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  13. Aftershool17 says:

LOL!!! I just love that film!!!!! “line walker”!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Aftershool17
  14. myxx says:

There’s nothing wrong about staying single… Won’t die without a man. Plus i thought she was happy being a ‘diamond spinster/bachelorette’

Login or Register before you can reply to myxx
    • bloom replied:

To myxx,
      Yes, ppl wont die without a man or woman. It’s more of a companionship, but provided we meet the right person. When you meet the right person you would like to marry him/her and have children. This is usually the case.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    • kiwi replied:

“There’s nothing wrong about staying single… Won’t die without a man.”

It’s not anyone’s business but everyone likes to make it their business. That’s reality. We all judged. It has no affect on the rich because they have money.

“Plus i thought she was happy being a ‘diamond spinster/bachelorette’”

That’s old news. 😀 🙁 LOL!

15. sandcherry says:

I think most people hate Raymond Lam because of his love life with Karena Ng. Personally I don’t like Karena either, but it shouldn’t have any impact on his acting. Acting is his profession and love life is his personal affairs. We shouldn’t put them together.

Personally I think Raymond Lam did very well in “Line Walker, unlike his usual “chok” image and acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • kiwi replied:

“I think most people hate Raymond Lam because of his love life with Karena Ng.”

Do you know how it feels to hate someone? You’re beginning to sound like Alluka because you’re buying into her crap. Dating Karena has no impact on his acting. If he’s got then he’s got it. No one put them together, he did so himself. BTW, have not seen “line Walker so can’t comment.” 😀 🙁 LOL!

• sandcherry replied:

kiwi:
        That is my personal opinion only. You can see tons of people attacking Raymond and Karena on their articles. It is okay. You don’t have to agree with me.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • kiwi replied:

I have my personal opinion on your personal opinion and you’re full of it. It’s okay! 😀 🙁 LOL!

• sandcherry replied:

Of course it is absolutely okay, but please don’t mention my name in your future posts, or “you” right under my posts. Thanks!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • kiwi replied:

You showing your tail. 😀 🙁 LOL!

• kiwi replied:

There you go. 😀 🙁 LOL!

• Alluka replied:

You will see a bunch of usernames we-know-who will come to bash you for this. Well prepared.

I watch both of his series at the same time (Wei Xi Fu and Line Walker) and his acting is different. In Wei Xi Fu he acts differently between the young and the old period as well. It explains why his acting is praised by Chinese media that much for Wei Xi Fu.

Although I enjoy Wei Xi Fu more but he did well in Line. The chemistry of Charray is undeniable good. So far I like episode 10 the most.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • sandcherry replied:

In terms of acting, I also agree that Ep. #10 was the best episode for Charmaine and Raymond in “Line Walker”.

Ep. #9 seems to be the obsolete one to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Alluka replied:

I think ep 9 is funny despite its nonsense concept.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  16. ebbie says:

Didn’t like Charmaine’s acting in Line Walker- I think it’s not natural & too exaggerated- she shouldn’t have make that mistake. It’s a good role.
    As for LF, wish he has a different hair-do, 🙂 that mop like hair just didn’t do it for me, though I’m a fan !

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie
    • sandcherry replied:

Personally I think Charmaine’s acting in “Line Walker” is natural vs. other actresses’ in a similar role. Though her character is exaggerated a bit, but I don’t see her behaviour unnatural.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Looooooooo replied:

She is brilliant

Login or Register before you can reply to Looooooooo
      • Funn Lim replied:

I dont think she was natural but she is not as bad as some makes her out to be.

• Alluka replied:

Im not a fan but I think she does well, too. Her role is good and she nails it well, much better than Sister Fa. Her bubble character needs a bit of exaggeration.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
      • Hannahh replied:

agreed with sandcherry! tho i am not a fan of ahseh

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • Alluka replied:

I agree with the hair. It looks bad. The current haircut is more suitable for the role, judging from the promotion clip.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  17. Hannahh says:

Good luck Charmaine!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  18. pak says:

Hope she will find one!

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
  19. Peggy says:

I love this show. Very good.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peggy