By on December 19, 2014 in NEWS

Chilam Cheung (張智霖) and Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) promoted their new movie, Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光>, in Macau today. The lead stars were greeted by an enthusiastic crowd of fans.

Fourteen years ago, Chilam and Charmaine were a memorable pairing in TVB drama, Return of the Cuckoo. In November, director Patrick Kong (葉念琛) announced filming a movie version to continue the story where the drama left off. The cast and crew has been filming in Macau.

Touring Macau on a double decker bus to reminisce their filming experience, Chilam and Charmaine were surrounded by their loving fans as soon as they stepped off the bus. Despite the hundreds of people that huddled around them, the stars warmly greeted everyone and shook hands with them. The cast also handed out holiday presents to pedestrians.

Feeling nostalgic, Chilam said, “It feels like it was just yesterday. It feels like I just started filming.”

With her pixie cut and plain jeans, Charmaine looked exactly like her character from the classic TVB drama. Not having aged one bit since then, Charmaine expressed, “I feel like everyone here hasn’t changed at all! My mom – Nancy Sit (薛家燕), my dad – Kwok Fung (郭峰) too.”

Another Baby For Chilam Cheung?

Chilam and wife Anita Yuen (袁詠議) put a lot of effort in raising their son, Morton Cheung. Now that Morton is eight years old, it is rumored that the couple plans to have another baby. Chilam said he would let things fall into place naturally. “To have a second one would be great, but I’ll be happy even if there’s only one [child]. I’m easily fulfilled.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

33 comments to Chilam Cheung and Charmaine Sheh Nostalgic Over Filming of “Return of the Cuckoo”

1. wow!!! i thought it was a TV film!! but it was a movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Fredchengfans!
  2. pt says:

she looks so good with this haircut <3

Login or Register before you can reply to pt

“With her pixie cut and plain jeans, Charmaine looked exactly like her character from the classic TVB drama. Not having aged one bit since then”

Seriously?

• jen replied:

I know.

Login or Register before you can reply to jen
    • m0m0 replied:

let people be nice. if they say the reverse, people would be bashing them….

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    • windy replied:

I know and they must have an eyesight problem. haaha LOL… both aged but the mom w/the big mole on the head probably hardly aged much cuz we usually can NOT tell. LOL…

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  4. Tess says:

This is the forever young ensemble. Can’t wait for the movie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
  5. Lilian says:

I hope this movie is the last one by pretty Charmaine and Chilam. Too many unfair remarks by Media on Charmaine each they filmn together! Prefer to see Charmaine with sexy singles in drama/movie to match her style and looks. The latest fab is Charmaine and Louis K hot passionate kisses in TITS movie…Yeah! Watch the video cliphttp://tieba.baidu.com/p/3474222878

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian
  6. Lilian says:

Typo….Too much unfair remarks by Media on Charmaine whenever they film together…

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilian
  7. DramaAddict says:

Would love to see the movie version, given that Chilam and Charmaine have mature in their acting thru the years!

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
  8. Shannon says:

Would love to see a drama with Charmaine and Steven Ma again!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shannon
  9. sandcherry says:

Charmaine looked very young in the above photo. Definitely she has aged quite a bit after “Return of the Cuckoo” in 2000, ie. 14 years ago. She was only 25 years old. However, she still looked young in the photo…… hopefully in the movie too.

Don’t understand why this movie is filmed 14 years after the drama series was aired.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • sandcherry replied:

It is impossible to look the same after 14 years. However, Charmaine looks good and young in the above photo. Chilam has also aged quite a bit after 14 years.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

Everyone ages since none of us are immortal and can be forever young. But the most important thing is to be able to age well.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Lucia replied:

Chilam only ages a little bit, but Charmaine ages more than him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  10. Conscience says:

Yeah. Charmaine looks so young, sweet and cute in the above photo. I hope Charmaine will film a drama with Kevin Cheng instead of with Chilam. Charmaine and Kevin look great a couple 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
  11. Ella says:

I can’t wait to see this! I wished it was a drama or for them to do another drama together but the amount of attention they get can be cumbersome for them. I love them as an onscreen couple so here’s hoping there’s more in store later!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ella
    • Ella replied:

Btw, when will this movie be released?

Login or Register before you can reply to Ella
  12. Smile says:

Really…chilam and anita is now trying on a second one? Really?

Login or Register before you can reply to Smile
  13. janet says:

ageing is inevitable…what is important is to age gracefully.

Charmaine looks good in any hair style, because her face is sharp…but the present one is very nice.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
  14. Julie says:

I can’t wait to see this one. I love the first one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Julie
  15. Lucia says:

I wonder if Chilam uses botox or what is his secret for being youthful because he looks very young for his age.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
    • Rainbow replied:

Looks very young for his age? How do people his age usually look like?

Login or Register before you can reply to Rainbow
    • Alluka replied:

I think botox-free on his face. His facial expressions are fine.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  16. Rain_nie says:

Even Michael Tong is back ( on the background of the pic ) ! Will Steven Ma be in it too?

Login or Register before you can reply to Rain_nie
    • jen replied:

Nope. His character is killed off.

Login or Register before you can reply to jen
      • Kidd replied:

That’s sad. See To Lai Shun was my favourite character in the series back then.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • janet replied:

where did Michael tong go to? I still remember that drama with him as a doctor and Jessica hsuan.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet
  17. A says:

I felt that there is a distance between them now, maybe due to the pressure given by the media?

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  18. Alluka says:

Why I dont see the whisper?

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
  19. Zowie says:

Yet another overrated actress (Charmaine Sheh) and movie which I’ll make certain I won’t watch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Zowie
  20. Nigel says:

I second Zowie. Cannot stand her lo can’t understand what is so great about her acting but then again one man’s meat is another poison lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Nigel
  21. dewdrop says:

I love this onscreen couple so much! cannot wait to see the movie

Login or Register before you can reply to dewdrop