Francis Ng and Chilam Cheung to Shoot New TVB Drama Next Year

By on October 30, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) and Chilam Cheung (張智霖) recently revealed that they will shoot new TVB dramas in 2014.

The award-winning TVB veterans have gained much popularity after starring in Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄II>. Both hot favorites to win TVB’s Best Actor this year, Chilam was also invited to attend Malaysia’s upcoming Astro on Demand Drama Awards, which will be held on December 1 – two weeks before the 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards on December 16.

An invitation to Astro usually means that the invited artist is guaranteed to win an award. In a phone interview, Chilam said, “I will attend Astro’s [awards]! That’s because I have a concert in Malaysia on November 30, so I’ll just stay an extra day!”

Chilam also confirmed that he will be starring in TVB’s upcoming film adaption of Triumph in the Skies. He also revealed that he is in negotiations to star in a new TVB production, which is slated to begin filming in late 2014. “I am planning to, and we’ve talked about it. If everything goes well, filming begins in the latter half of 2014. It’s a modern drama.”

The 42-year-old also implied that he will be attending the 2013 TVB Awards as well, exclaiming that he welcomes all awards and he will not put too much pressure on himself. Asked if TVB had promised to give him an award in exchange for another TV drama deal, Chilam said, “We can do that? I used to film one drama per year for TVB, but I didn’t win any awards then! Haha!”

Triumph in the Skies 2 costar Francis Ng said he did not receive an invitation from Astro, but offered his support and blessings to Chilam. Asked if he believes that he will have a high chance to win TVB’s Best Actor, he said, “I don’t think my chances are really high, but regardless, TVB gave me my debut. It’s my mother station. I will go back next year to film another drama.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

19 comments to Francis Ng and Chilam Cheung to Shoot New TVB Drama Next Year

1. RLF Lover says:

Details of Chilam’s concert in Malaysia: http://www.ticketcharge.com.my/en/component/k2/genting-chi-lam-friends-live-in-genting (Him Law, Nancy Wu and Sharon Chan will be performing as well!)

Login or Register before you can reply to RLF Lover
  2. windy says:

Gosh, them again..haha LOL..

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  3. advo says:

If Chilam is really attending both awards, then he must be locked for at least one award. I wouldn’t be surprised if he at least gets the My Favourite Actor award from TVB..

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  4. jokes says:

It will be nice if Francis gets tv king and chi lam gets favorite male

Login or Register before you can reply to jokes
    • Joanne replied:

Agree!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  5. Jinalow says:

It was so sad that Francis Ng said he didn’t get an invitation to the astro award:( I mean… he said he rarely get invited to those awards so he thinks its a sign that he gotta work harder.

Francis you’re awesome I love you:)

Login or Register before you can reply to Jinalow
  6. Hannahh says:

Naww poor Francis, well i do wish that he wins something at TVB award.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  7. VCN says:

Sounds awesome for Chilam! I really think he deserves something after all his hard work over the years. I really enjoyed his performance in “The Rippling Blossom” from 2011 prior to his role as Captain Koo. I really didn’t know he had it in him for the Captain Koo role after he almost exclusively plays the self-conscious male leads that gain success and the girl only after many trials.

Login or Register before you can reply to VCN
  8. kenwu says:

Both r good actors, go bring fala back too.

Login or Register before you can reply to kenwu
  9. Trang says:

OK … not sure if anyone will agree, but Francis Ng in TITS looks like he’s constipated for a while with his grumpy look, even when he attempted to laugh or smile, it still looks like he’s uncomfortable for lack of bowel movement lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Trang
    • windy replied:

Hahahaha LOL…that’s his usual look no? He’s just one of those that does NOT age well. haha…lol..

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    • Puff replied:

Hilarious! He does look constipated with his grumpy look.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
    • VCN replied:

Maybe, he is. Have you noticed how many times he bows out of a confrontation with the line, “I’m going to the restroom”? I distinctly recall at least 2 incidents.

Login or Register before you can reply to VCN
      • Panzer replied:

ROFL

Login or Register before you can reply to Panzer
  10. elisabella says:

Francis Ng’s acting is outstanding; hoping that he will get TV King award this year. I am happy to hear that he will have a TVB series next year; can’t wait to see that. Good luck to you Francis; i love you.

Login or Register before you can reply to elisabella
  11. ABC123 says:

I think Francis is amazing. Haven’t finished, but by just looking through videos on youtube of him and fala made me touched. Chilam is good too! Would be great if both wins!

Login or Register before you can reply to ABC123
  12. VodkaC says:

Happy to see them again… i like a drama when there’s veterans.

Login or Register before you can reply to VodkaC
  13. Panzer says:

There goes half the yearly TVB total series budget for Francis for next year again. 🙁
    I don’t blame him though, when they throw money at his face for a few months work, he can’t be expected to say no. I know I wouldn’t.
    When will they learn that they don’t need big names, only great scripts, and to develop the talent they already have.
    I really hope they aren’t grabbing big names to cover up for scripts they know to be poor quality. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Login or Register before you can reply to Panzer