Kevin Cheng Prefers Mature Women Instead of Young Girls

By on February 8, 2014 in NEWS

For twenty years, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) roamed through the entertainment industry, searching for his own identity. His unsuccessful career as a singer in Hong Kong led Kevin to attempt a new acting career in Taiwan, but when that failed, he returned to Hong Kong to start afresh.

When Kevin accepted his first TVB Best Actor win in 2006, he immediately thanked his mother. “My mom has supported me for thirteen years,” he said. Kevin’s success did not stop after 2006, and for the next several years, Kevin continued to reap Best Actor awards in major Asian awards ceremonies. Kevin’s breakthrough year was in 2011, when his two dramas, Bu Bu Jing Xin <步步驚心> and Ghetto Justice <怒火街頭> attained massive success.

Now one of Hong Kong and mainland China’s more popular television actors, Kevin said his mother can now finally rest at ease. “My mother has felt more relief in the past several years. When she has time she would play some mahjong and take dance lessons. After suffering comes happiness. I think I’ve justified myself.”

Kevin laughed and said that his mother dotes on him too much, revealing a time when she spent large amounts of money to send him to Canada. Born in the United States but raised in Hong Kong, Kevin once had the opportunity to go to the United States for college, but he insisted on going to Canada first to find a friend. “Actually, I was a pretty bad kid. Canada is so big and I wouldn’t be able to find my good friend. I still wasted a lot of my mother’s money.”

Waiting for the Right Person

Already 43 years old, Kevin admits that he still believes in marriage and looks forward to becoming a father. However, despite his mature age, Kevin does not believe in flash marriages for the sake of getting married sooner. “I need to wait for the right person to appear.”

Kevin stressed that he is looking for a marriage partner, and not a girlfriend. “We must complement each other well, almost like opposites. That way we would be able to work with each other. I actually don’t like young girls – I prefer women with a bit more maturity.”

Source:  Cosmopolitan via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Kevin Cheng Prefers Mature Women Instead of Young Girls

• Kevin Cheng Worn Out By "Ip Man" Martial Arts Scenes(58)
  • Kevin Cheng Likes “Dangerous” Challenges(36)
  • Kevin Cheng to Open His Own Production Company!(39)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Broadcast Date Has Not Been Determined Yet(26)
  • "Bu Bu Jing Qing" Trailer and Music Videos Build Buzz(56)
  • Kevin Cheng’s 20-Year Journey(14)
  • Nicky Wu's Popularity Topples Kevin Cheng in TV Awards Race(22)
  • Myolie Wu, Kevin Cheng, and Michael Tse Nominated in Seoul International Drama Awards(44)
  • Kevin Cheng Hints that Annie Liu Is Not His Cup of Tea(42)
  • Kevin Cheng And Annie Liu Dating For 3 Months?(71)

• 22 comments to Kevin Cheng Prefers Mature Women Instead of Young Girls

1. buzz says:

what’s his year of birth? I’ve always thought it’s 1969, now it’s shown on some searches as 1970?

Login or Register before you can reply to buzz
      • Yushky replied:

It’s August 15 1970, not 1969.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yushky
        • buzz replied:

As far as i can remember it’s been stated all along as 1969. This is the first time i came across his b’date stated as 1969 so it got me confused. I do believe it’s 1969, somehow he conveniently got younger (even by 1 year).

Login or Register before you can reply to buzz
        • buzz replied:

correction: shld read as “This is the first time i came across his b’date stated as 1970”

Login or Register before you can reply to buzz
    2. Polypeptide says:

I do think Charmaine is a good match for him, fits his criteria. Oh well, time will tell.

Login or Register before you can reply to Polypeptide
      • TVBaddict replied:

Same! Charmaine is mature, stable financial matters, pretty, and smart! I heard in many reports that her EQ is really high too…

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBaddict
        • sandcherry replied:

Yes, Charmaine Sheh’s EQ is really high. I heard that she was insulted by some PAs with foul language when she was fairly new, and she did not say a word. She just took it silently.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • sandcherry replied:

Charmaine always talks highly of other artistes. She never complains or bad mouths other artistes. You can say her EQ is high, or you can say she is “well groomed” in her interviews, depending you like it or not.

Personally I would rather see artistes knowing how to speak in front of reporters than to see those who do not know how to speak or speak too much in front of reporters.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • Yum replied:

Yeah!!! Same here… Charmine match him the most..

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
      • Hailey replied:

Yes! those two are so cute together!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hailey
    3. @alee says:

Man this guy is hot.

Login or Register before you can reply to @alee
    4. Andy says:

Kevin Cheng How about you with Charmaine Sheh? Everyone else loves to see you guys together on screen and off screen. Ask Charmaine Sheh for another chance, and she may give u tho, so you guys can be Hong kong Idol. Tell her that you will give her a perfect life later on or soon when you your life settle and that you can only give her a little for temporary. You guys are perfect together. I’m so wanting you guys to be together.

Login or Register before you can reply to Andy
      • maily replied:

Exactly what I wanna say… I believe Kevin & Charmaine Sheh are perfectly matched with each other. I will support them with all my heart. They are always my most favorite on-screen Hongkong drama couple. Please be together as a couple in real life too!

Login or Register before you can reply to maily
    5. P. Tan says:

I think there are many who are like minds on this, Kevin and Charmaine, and I hope for their friendship to really blossom out this time.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    6. Moca says:

Kevin and Charmaine just look right together. Beautiful couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to Moca
    7. Meiyi says:

Yes! I agree too! But then its up to them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Meiyi
    8. wen wen says:

yes love them together, one is handsome and the other one is beautiful, perfect match 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to wen wen
    9. rooster says:

from what i notice, mature women are more materialistic, they would, in their spare time think of how to invest etc.. to get more properties, money is in their mind most of the time, hence don’t bother about the boyfriend as much.. no time for relationships, got time for money only

Login or Register before you can reply to rooster
      • bloom replied:

disagree with you that mature woman are more materialistic. being materialistic has nothing really to do with age. it’s more of the character of a person.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    10. Amy says:

As many people here, I think Charmaine is a prefect match for Kevin. They should really get back together.

Login or Register before you can reply to Amy
    11. Jessica says:

I always support Kevin and Niki. Not Charmaine @@

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
      • Jadon replied:

me too! i would love for Niki and Kevin to be back together but the chance is so slim… since she is dating someone else right now. And I don’t think she wants to go back with him since he dumped her for Charmaine back in 2008, i think.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jadon