For the past five months, ex-Fahrenheit member Aaron Yan (炎亞綸) has been under investigation for sex with a minor and has been out of work and staying under the public radar. Accused by his former lover, male influencer Yao Le (耀樂), Aaron was officially charged by Taiwanese courts on November 8 for filming and possessing sex videos and images on his mobile phone without Yao Le’s consent when he was only 16 years old.
Yao Le had also claimed Aaron had forced himself on him. However, the sexual assault charges had to be dropped due to insufficient evidence. In response, Aaron posted a public statement claiming he and Yao Le had both engaged in consensual acts while together.
“In the past five months, I have faced my past honestly and sincerely. Today is the end of a journey. Firstly, I’d like to thank everyone who cares about me and have helped me. I’d also like to apologize for causing hurt to those who love me. I’ll adjust my attitude and face this incident sincerely and without excuses. I have to thank those who have helped me clear my name. I’d like to take this opportunity to share my thoughts:
- After investigation, from the time Yao Le and I started dating to the time we broke up, there has never been a time when I forced him into sexual acts or any acts of blackmail.
- I am honestly and sincerely facing my past. I never had the intent of leaking any of the videos or images. As a public figure, I am bound to act and tread carefully, spread kindness, and do charity work. Every year, I would donate a portion of my earnings to charity to improve the environment. I am taking ownership of my part in the matter.
- The videos and images were filmed under consent from both parties. This has caused public chaos and utilized the public’s time. For this, I am sorry. This has caused immense disappointment and regret about a relationship I once cherished.
- In the past five years, Yao Le and I continued to maintain contact. We both took initiative in starting up conversations. I still do not understand the intent behind his allegations. Is it for fame or money?
- Thank you to all my partners, brands, and sponsorships for their understanding. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I am willing to cooperate to the best of my ability to improve our partnership.
- From the bottom of my heart, I want to sincerely thank all my friends, family, and fans for your support during this trying time. If it weren’t for your support, I would not have been able to move onward and face this matter. To the friends, family, and those who care about me that have criticized and condemned me, I thank you all also, for allowing me to truly reflect on myself.
- In regards to the things I absolutely did not do, I want to thank the judges for their just decisions. As to what my came for my final charges, I will face them honestly. I will focus on paying kindness forward and reflect on myself to grow into a better person.
Lastly, I am a public figure. I have a responsibility to act accordingly to the public. I cherish and respect the public and media attention and concern. I will also not use my role as a public figure to sway the public in any way. Currently, I must not only face and dal with my court case, but most importantly, I must put in full effort to improve my life so as not to worry my family and friends. I still love this world and love everyone. After this statement, I will not respond to any inquiries regarding the matter at this time. I just hope that this issue will settle soon and ask for everyone’s understanding during this time.”
This article is written by Huynh for JayneStars.com.