Grace Chan Stars in “Four Girls, Three Bars”

By on July 12, 2014 in TV Dramas

Miss Hong Kong winner Grace Chan (陳凱琳) was spotted filming for new TVB drama Four Girls, Three Bars <四個女仔三個Bar> in Admiralty, Hong Kong yesterday.  The legal drama stars Ben Wong (黃智賢), Louis Cheung (張繼聰), Elaine Yiu (姚子羚), Natalie Tong (唐詩詠), and Ram Chiang (蔣志光) as experienced lawyers who are tasked to lead a group of new pupils. Grace revealed that her character, a training barrister, will have a subtle relationship with Louis.

In addition to Grace, the second runner-up of last year’s Miss Hong Kong Pageant, Moon Lau (劉佩玥), also stars in the series as Grace’s good friend and solicitor pupil. Gilded Chopstick’s <食為奴> Stephanie Ho (何雁詩) and Jeanie Chan (陳瀅), who starred as the younger version of Flora Chan (陳慧珊) in Never Dance Alone < 女人俱樂部>, also star as training lawyers.

The Miss Hong Kong 2014 Pageant recently held first-round interviews for its new contestants, and Grace was asked if she has been keeping up with the news. She said, “Yes! I think they’re all very beautiful. I hope they did well in the interviews. As long as they’re prepared they will do okay!”

Has Grace recommended any of her own friends to compete for this year’s pageant? “Many of my friends are either studying or are overseas. However, I asked my friends’ friends if they’re interested. I hope to see more people learning from these opportunities.”

Aside from her acting projects, Grace is also busy with her obligations as the current Miss Hong Kong winner. “I’ve accommodated to my career well,” she said. “This year came by really fast because I was offered many jobs and was given many challenges. I also went through a lot – some were happy, some weren’t, but through these unhappy experiences I was able to learn a lot.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

48 comments to Grace Chan Stars in “Four Girls, Three Bars”

1. cheesecake says:

is there no other male-lead anymore in tvb? im sick to see the same lead actors again and again.theres a lack of young talented charismatic good looking actors nowadays in tvb,they should find new tony leungs and andy laus,otherwise tvb will only have grandpas left to play lead actors within a few years now.

Login or Register before you can reply to cheesecake
    • Tvbfan replied:

I don’t like the male leads too. There kinda too old.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbfan
  2. A says:

Wow I think Jeanie is prettier than Grace

Login or Register before you can reply to A
    • Pretty woman replied:

Jeannie is on the ‘fat’ side, Grace is on the ‘thin’ side. I think Grace is prettier than Jeannie.

But Grace is no beauty compared to the other better looking Miss HK. So, you know where this jeannie stands at, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pretty woman
      • Vel replied:

She’s on the fat side? Huh??? I know it’s your opinion, but I have to say it’s people like you that’s giving girls the wrong message.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vel
      • bloom replied:

To Pretty woman,
        A lot of ppl think that being stick thin is beautiful and a lot of ppl use models as yardstick for having a nice body.

It’s not true, I think the girl with pastel blue dress looks okay. She’s not fat at all.

Beauty is in the eyes of its beholder. You may see Grace Chan as pretty, some ppl may not see her as pretty. Everyone has a different yardstick and taste on everything. I personally find Grace Chan okay looking, there were prettier Ms Hong Kong before.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
      • Little fishy replied:

Agree with bloom 🙂 to me, all those girls are ok 🙂 not pretty, not ugly, just ok o.o

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
      • C9 replied:

I don’t English is Pretty woman’s first language hence the lack of vocabulary to properly describe the various physiques of women.

Login or Register before you can reply to C9
    • m0m0 replied:

i also think jeanie is very pretty. i like her since watching her as flora in the other drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
  3. lol says:

Oh no!

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  4. melody48 says:

every time I see Grace, I cannot help but to think she is actually Indian.

I watched “Dinner Confidential” show with Anthony Wong and even he thinks she is Indian. Every time Anthony mentions the word Indian Grace would pretend she didn’t hear it or change the topic right away. Really fishy…

Login or Register before you can reply to melody48
    • Terminator replied:

Does Anthony Wong have something against Indians? So if for some miraculous reasons that he find himself filming with Denzel Washington, would he keep mentioning blacks?

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • Big man, small ego replied:

@Terminator,
        If Anthony wong does work with Denzel Washington, this Denzel should be thankful to work with an Asian movie award winner, not the other way round as your post sarcastically suggest.

But then you are terminator, the guy who consistently worship the west in your postings, so no award for guessing your slant there !

Login or Register before you can reply to Big man, small ego
      • Terminator replied:

What award did Anthony Wong win?

His most notable performance were in his Cat3 days or throwing a fit on the floor when he was not named the president of the HK actor guild. LOL!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • Big man replied:

Ignorant terminator.

Just because you don’t know he won awards doesn’t mean he didn’t.

Stop being to egoistic on yourself. He won awards and it didn’t stop at one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Big man
      • Teminator replied:

Ahh! it must be the “Big Man Small Brain” award for best trolling.

LMAO!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Teminator
      • pinklipstickxx replied:

I liked the show when he raped Ada Choi.

Login or Register before you can reply to pinklipstickxx
    • MW replied:

Denzel Washington does not deny being black and Denzel is an established actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
      • Terminator replied:

OK then, can you confirm any incidents in which Washington was consistently asked whether he was black?

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • MW replied:

If a person does not deny/hide in the first place, who would ask (such a dumb question when the answer is obvious)? People are asking Grace Chan because they have reason to suspect she is hiding/denying something.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • afterschool17 replied:

yeah i know i watched the “Dinner Confidential” as well…when Anthony Wong said that Grace Chan looks like the people from india!!!!! even i think she is indian <3

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
    • Pretty woman replied:

I had said the same too before this, and some readers here who thinks they are so noble, and self-righteous (particularly those who hailed from the loud and self proclaimed ‘human rights’ western hemisphere), bombarded me just for saying so, asking sarcastically if indians are not considered any better… blah blah.

She does look Indian, and these ‘moral’ people say, Indians are good, indians were Miss Universe, Bollywood is ‘famous’.
      So waht????

Go back to your south sub-continent then you worshippers.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pretty woman
      • Andrew replied:

No, it’s true, Indians are pretty. India has won numerous Miss Universe and Miss world titles btw.

Login or Register before you can reply to Andrew
    • Funn Lim replied:

She may be mixed but yes I do see Indian in her.

• bloom replied:

To Funn Lim,
        Yes, I agree she does look indian. Maybe one of her ancestors was indian?

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
      • Andy replied:

@bloom:
        I dunno about ‘one of her ancestors’ being Indian but I won’t be surprised that a small village of her (~recent) ancestors’re pure-blooded Indians. I really don’t see why GC has to hide the fact that she’s got much more Indian than anything East Asian in her. If she’s thinks she’ll get ahead by pretending to be full Chinese in order (in her mind) to advance her entertainment career in HK/Asia, she’s clearly deluding herself. Fans do not like to be treated like idiots or openly lied to in spite of photographic evidence. They all want a choice to choose their idols without more blatant lies & horse—t. GC probably never heard of ‘if it quacks like duck & looks like a duck…’ It more certainly is for her predicament.

Login or Register before you can reply to Andy
      • bloom replied:

Hi Andy,
        I’m sure one feels more proud to be known as chinese than indian. A lot of ppl dont like the fact that there are a lot of beautiful indian actresses. I must be fair with my comments, actually indians do have very nice features than chinese. Do you notice that chinese eyes and nose come with various shapes and sizes? But if you notice, indians example have very big eyes and long eye lashes, their nose are always very high. I mean I dont want to bring in other races since we’re discussing about Grace Chan might have inherited some indian from her ancestors. Therefore, indians features are nice compare to chinese.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    • CM replied:

I saw that interview too. I thought it was so odd that she asked something along the lines of whether Hong Kong people viewed mixed people negatively. Then she seemed to brush it off when they answered her like she was only curious. If one wasn’t mixed, I don’t see why one would ask something like that.

Login or Register before you can reply to CM
      • melody replied:

I think she should be proud of who she is if she is mixed or not. I think it’s also hard for her that she has to hide the fact that she is mixed or maybe she think that Hong Kong people won’t accept her.

Login or Register before you can reply to melody
      • MW replied:

The more Grace Chan hides/denies, the more people will be on her case about it. It definitely won’t go away now, especially since she has annoying tendencies.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  5. uni says:

Honestly in this picture, Jeanie outshines Grace!

Login or Register before you can reply to uni
  6. wow..can’t wait to watch Grace Chan’s first time filming a TV show!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  7. Tess says:

They are all pretty, but Grace definitely need to fill up a bit more to look better and healthier. She’s way too skinny.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
  8. Grace Chan looks like she not even healthy at all…and she needs to eat a bit more food because she is way too skinny i know skinny looks better but she still needs to be much more healthier and to look better<3 (that is just my opinion) 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
    • Chriselle replied:

According to her, she loves to eat and does so often, but she just doesn’t gain much weight from it like others. She has good genes and metabolism, I suppose.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
  9. Late says:

Moon looks the prettiest of them all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Late
    • lizzie replied:

yes!! i really like Moon! she’s my favorite out of all the Miss HK last year. she has a fresh, clean look and has a natural beauty! glad she is given a chance to act in a drama!

Login or Register before you can reply to lizzie
      • bizzybody replied:

Last year i was rooting for Moon too 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to bizzybody
      • Chriselle replied:

Agree, she looks naturally sweet although many people agree that Grace has good features. Moon appears softer and easier on the eyes sometimes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
  10. Andy says:

What’s with GC not putting the red dot on her forehead these days?

Login or Register before you can reply to Andy
    • MW replied:

She’s hiding it for now. haha 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  11. Hannahh says:

oh good to see Stephanie Ho!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  12. C9 says:

Looks aside, doesn’t this series and casting read like a disaster waiting to happen?

Login or Register before you can reply to C9
  13. H says:

Will only watch for Elaine Yiu

Login or Register before you can reply to H
  14. elisabella says:

all girls are so so, not much pretty.No waiting for this drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to elisabella
  15. Chriselle says:

Looking forward to Stephanie again. All the trainees actresses seem to have about the same amount of experience, so it’s interesting to see how well this set of newbies do. Jeanie is pretty like others say but I found her emotional scenes rather weak and childish in M Club.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
  16. Adrian says:

I’m interested in this drama because the leads are four young fresh chicks in their 20’s and playing their age.

Login or Register before you can reply to Adrian
  17. Andrew says:

So obvious Grace is the prettiest. She even won MCI!! Jeanni is so fat… Moon is so plain.

Login or Register before you can reply to Andrew