Him Law and Sammy Sum Star in TVB Idol Drama, “Cross the Finish Line”

By on July 15, 2014 in TV Dramas

TVB’s latest drama, Cross the Finish Line <衝線>, held a costume fitting event today. Him Law (羅仲謙), Sammy Sum (沈震軒), and Sisley Choi (蔡思貝) appeared in tight cycling outfits, which flaunted their toned and athletic bodies. Michelle Yim (米雪), Rebecca Zhu (朱晨麗), Lin Xiawei (林夏薇), Jinny Ng (吳若希), and Hanjin Tan (陳奐仁) will also be starring.

The 20-episode idol drama will discuss about generational differences between the people of Hong Kong. There will be location filming in Taiwan for three weeks in September. Sisley added that the style of Cross the Finish Line will have a similar feel to Taiwanese idol dramas.

Him Law Doesn’t Need to Stuff His Crotch

Portraying the role of a road cyclist, Him Law spent two months training on a road bicycle. “I never did this kind of cycling so it’s easy for me to lose control. My legs are completely scratched up. By the time filming begins, I’ll need to cover them up with foundation. At least my face is fine.”

Having to wear tight shorts which reveal his figure, Him was asked if he felt embarrassed or exposed. “I do feel that way a little bit, because you can’t wear any underwear under these shorts. However, the padding is very thick. It’s like wearing swimming trunks.” Asked if he would be adding some extra stuffing in his pants for “heightened” effect, Him laughed and said, “No need to! The padding is thick enough!”

Cross the Finish Line is Him’s first drama as the first male lead. His character would be involved in a sticky love relationship with Jinny Ng and Sisley Choi

Sisley Choi and Jinny Ng Excited by New Drama

Securing her first lead role in a television series, Sisley Choi expressed her anticipation for Cross the Finish Line. For her athletic role, Sisley did not regret chopping off her long locks. Her new hairstyle is lower maintenance and feels very refreshing and relaxing. “This actually isn’t my first time with short hair. I had it when I was in high school,” she revealed.

Jinny Ng will be portraying Michelle Yim’s secretary. Jinny said she is grateful for the opportunity to work with a senior in her debut series. Her character will be involved in a relationship with Him Law, but asked if she would be having any intimate scenes with him, Jinny said, “I don’t have enough guts for that!” Does she know Him Law has a girlfriend? “I do. I thought that has gone public?”

Jinny admitted that likes muscular men. “My ex-boyfriends have all been pretty muscular. I like mne with athletic built, because their chest seems very big, and it gives me a sense of security.” Would Jinny use this opportunity to admire all the handsome men in the series? She laughed, “Why not?”

Sources: On.cc; On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Him Law and Sammy Sum Star in TVB Idol Drama, “Cross the Finish Line”

• "Cross the Finish Line" Cast Leaves for Taiwan(27)
  • Sammy Sum Wants to Look for Girlfriend(12)
  • Synopsis of TVB's "Young Charioteers"(19)
  • Sisley Choi Boldly Pursues Him Law(60)
  • Sisley Choi is a Popular Target for Love Rumors(24)
  • Red Carpet Fashion at the TVB’s Jubilee Anniversary Gala(8)
  • TVB Reveals Synopsis for “Fashion War”(31)
  • Moses Chan, Sisley Choi at "Trendsetter" Costume Fitting(2)
  • Sammy Sum and Sisley Choi are Nothing More than Close Friends(3)
  • Him Law, Sisley Choi Promote "Young Charioteers"(36)

• 41 comments to Him Law and Sammy Sum Star in TVB Idol Drama, “Cross the Finish Line”

1. jayne says:

Sisley Choi is given opportunities by TVB very quickly as this is her first lead role.

No doubt TVB was inspired by Dante Lam’s cycling movie, “To the Fore”, starring Eddie Peng.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • LINVIN8 replied:

Sounds more copy cat than inspired to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to LINVIN8
        • lol replied:

“inspired” is a euphemism for “copy cat” lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    2. lol says:

hmmm, maybe Him does need to stuff his crotch. Didn’t that businessman, what’s his name, say that his weeny is teeny?

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    3. lizzie says:

oh man sisley’s hairstyle….

Login or Register before you can reply to lizzie
      • DramaAddict replied:

LOL! I know, no words to describe it, huh?

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
    4. hmmm says:

sisley looks like toby in that picture

Login or Register before you can reply to hmmm
      • lol replied:

she’s a dead ringer for Toby. I always get the 2 of them mixed up. Not a good thing given Toby’s reputation.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    5. Angiepooh says:

Oh no Rebecca zhu? Skip! Dont want to
      Waste my time.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angiepooh
      • Lizzy replied:

To be honest I rather watch Rebecca then Sisley

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
      • DramaAddict replied:

Rebecca Zhu’s acting was terrible in Triumph 2! Has she improved in the last year?

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
        • Angiepooh replied:

I totally agree! I gave her a few chances.. And was disappointed. Waste my time. So I just skip any series with her in it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angiepooh
      • lol replied:

She ok everyone needs a chance especially girls

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    6. rofl says:

This sounds like one big yawn of a drama featuring either newbies or third liners given their first lead roles. No wonder they say TVB is getting from bad to worse. Definitely one drama to skip.

Login or Register before you can reply to rofl
      • H replied:

That’s the point! TVB needs new lead actors and actresses…though I would rather see Katy Kung and others before Sisley…

Login or Register before you can reply to H
    7. Chriselle says:

Like another said, TVB’s idols dramas are a big yawn. The cycling topic also doesn’t interesting either. But sometimes it’s fun to look at new faces if you have the time. If Sisley is getting her first lead role, are they promoting her faster/more than Grace Chan? She is starring in a drama as a trainee, but not lead. However, with more veterans, the series might get more viewers.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Hannah replied:

Grace is the lead. I believe the plot revolves around her character. Also, it’s a higher budget series than Sisley’s.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Hannah replied:

THIS cycling series looks like one some or many may skip as opposed to Grace’s lawyer-themed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Lizzy replied:

This series sound like outbound love!! Before I watch outbound love I though it will be boring but it turn out to be one of best drama I’ve watch this year! So please don’t rule out this drama just yet!! Is good that Tvb is promoting newbie given the facts that tavia , Kate & myolie are all over 35.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
        • arc78 replied:

Cant believe tavia, kate and myolie are all over 35

Login or Register before you can reply to arc78
        • H replied:

The fact that they are 35 is not that bad BUT it’s the fact that they’re in every drama…

Login or Register before you can reply to H
        • Chriselle replied:

Hannah,

Elaine Yiu and Natalie Tong are in the drama. Are you sure Grace is the main lead? It’s hard to believe that Elaine and Natalie would be supporting Grace in a drama even though they only usually get supporting roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
        • katyiu replied:

@Lizzy
          “Is good that Tvb is promoting newbie given the facts that tavia , Kate & myolie are all over 35.”

No…Tavia and Myolie aren’t even 35 yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
        • Hannah replied:

@Chriselle

Yes. TVB’s lame tactics to use veterans to promote the youngsters. Neither Natalie nor Elaine are favorites anyway.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • lol replied:

How does this even sound like Outbound Love according to Lizzy? Outbound Love has the dependable Ruco Chan leading the series. I don’t see Him or Sammy being of the same calibre to lead the drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • Chriselle replied:

Ah, I see. So Natalie and Elaine are still leads. They’re promoting Grace and the others. That I always knew. 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
        • Hannah replied:

@Chriselle

Perhaps! I have a feeling it’ll be like OC2 where Eliza and Tracy dominated the screen time as opposed to the veterans, lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • NY replied:

Natalie is also filming Lord of Shanghai so she won’t have much screen time.

Login or Register before you can reply to NY
      • Adrian replied:

The only TVB idol drama I liked was Aqua Heroes about 10 years ago. I remember lead actress Leila Tong was very cute and all the young kids can act. Bosco, Edwin and innocent Bobo Chan co leads too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Adrian
        • lizzie replied:

awwww i remember the good ol’ days! i like those newcomers a lot more than the newcomers today hahah

Login or Register before you can reply to lizzie
        • Hannahh replied:

Agreed! Now i might download to rewatch it!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    8. wow…can’t believe that Jinny Ng is fiming a TV film for the first time that’s good i am going to wait until this show comes up and i will watch it!!!! 🙂 ohhhhhh wow Sisley Choi looks weird!!!!!…???

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
    9. Hannah says:

Grace and Sisley…that’s all you hear now. Too bad for those 2nd/3rd tier actresses.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Lizzy replied:

Yea I know I really like Mandy Wong but I don’t think they will promote her!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
    10. Adrian says:

The short haired girl is TVB’s new hot chick Sisley? She’s not that hot looking for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Adrian
    11. katyiu says:

Sisley Choi starring as female lead already? Really want to see how this goes…

Login or Register before you can reply to katyiu
    12. Lucia says:

TVB promotes Sisley Choi very fast!! It’s unfair for the ones who took acting class at TVB and have been with them longer than her.

I wish TVB should make every beauty pageant winner to enroll in their acting class at least 6 months to one year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
    13. Hannahh says:

wow Sisley already leading. Finger cross she can act lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    14. Lucy says:

This is actually Sisley third !! First two drama she’s a supporting ( two dramas have not aired yet) . Same producer maybe they like the way she act??

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucy
    15. lol says:

Twin brothers was a amazing idol drama and the four

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    16. megamiaow says:

Sounds like a boring series, for people who dont like sports anyway :/

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow