2012 Best of TVB Awards: Best Theme Song

By on December 5, 2012 in Polls

Which TVB series deserves the 2012 Best Theme Song Award? Cast your vote!

VOTING RULES

1. Press VOTE for the series you wish to vote for.

2. Each person will only be allowed to vote once every 24 hours.

Deadline to submit all votes is Friday, December 21, 2012 at midnight Eastern Standard Time. The winner and all results will be announced after the poll ends.

Best Theme Song

Total Votes: 4,482

Thank you for voting @ JayneStars.com! Your vote has been tabulated!

Make sure to vote for your choice everyday at JayneStars.com! Each person is allowed to vote for one candidate every 24 hours.

The poll will end on Monday, January 13, 2014 at midnight EST. The winner and complete voting results will be announced at that time.

Cheers,
JayneStars.com Team

Loading ... Loading ...

The “2012 Best of TVB Awards” at JayneStars.com include ten awards in the following categories:

1.   Best Series
2.   Best Actor
3.   Best Actress
4.   Best Supporting Actor
5.   Best Supporting Actress
6.   Best Onscreen Couple
7.   Best Villain
8.   Most Improved Artist
9.   Star of Tomorrow
10. Best Theme Song

90 comments to 2012 Best of TVB Awards: Best Theme Song

1. Pinky says:

OMG!!! I LOVE THE THEME SONG OF “KING MAKER” …The song just…HITS ME!! It’s so dramatic and yeah, i think it very much suit the series!

Login or Register before you can reply to Pinky
    • Anonymous replied:

Yup. Leo Ku is an awesome singer

Login or Register before you can reply to Anonymous
  2. Hello says:

Come Home Love!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hello
    • Cosette replied:

Can’t agree more!

Login or Register before you can reply to Cosette
      • pandamao replied:

actually like that sitcom a lot myself ..

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  3. peanut candy says:

this is really hard >.<
    i can't choose which one i like best.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanut candy
    • Sherrie replied:

worddd

Login or Register before you can reply to Sherrie
  4. miriamfanz says:

I’m going to alternate between The Hippocratic Crush and Highs and Lows. Both are great songs!

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • che replied:

that cuz both are great singers, but i prefered HAL because the way LF sung it made the song more meaningful and emothional

Login or Register before you can reply to che
    • LyNN replied:

Either these two….

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • YanYanKong replied:

That is exactly me too. I loved both themes. The piano melody sounds so good and how the singers sung it made the song even more better. Also, those are my 2 most fave singers.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • star replied:

Absolutely agree with you guys! They are my most favourite singers as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to star

Last Steep Ascent for me. No alternate. Best song.

• Is replied:

I had a hard time deciding between LSA and SSSS. But finally chose LSA

Login or Register before you can reply to Is
      • YanYanKong replied:

Are you kidding me? You actually liked Fiona’s theme song? I thought she sounded horrible in that song and plus that song didn’t sound that great either. How the whole song turned out sounded horrible. My whole family preffered Ron’s sub theme for that drama more than the theme. We all thought Ron sang better than the proffesional singer.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
      • b0nni3 replied:

Ron is a professional singer too, he does heaps of songs o.o

Login or Register before you can reply to b0nni3
      • star replied:

I actually like that song 此时此刻 sang by Fiona. It’s the only song that I like among the songs that I’ve listened by Fiona.

Login or Register before you can reply to star
      • berri replied:

you must me kidding me. RON NG CAN’T SING PERIOD

Login or Register before you can reply to berri
    • Hannahh replied:

AGREED!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  6. Veejay says:

I m with on call 36 lol.. actually i can’t decide which i like better, either last steep or on call.. but becuz On call has KM, so I pick it. :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • LyNN replied:

u are really a fan of KM. haha

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Jodie replied:

I hate Kenneth Ma
        He’s so bad and ugly

Login or Register before you can reply to Jodie
      • pop replied:

Your bad as in mean or as in singing?

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  7. Kidd says:

I like the themesong of TGOAH and MOP. :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Annabelle Chew replied:

what’s TGOAH?

Login or Register before you can reply to Annabelle Chew
      • Linnh replied:

The Greatness of a Hero

Yup that theme song is pretty nice

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • miriamfanz replied:

Ah yes, by the talented Hins Cheung.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • Magic replied:

Oh, TGOAH’s themesong was pretty good! Forgot about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  10. Quynh says:

ON CALL 36H <3

Login or Register before you can reply to Quynh
  11. exoidus says:

On Call, Greatness of Hero and Bottled Passion *thumbs up*

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
  12. crystal says:

on call

Login or Register before you can reply to crystal
  13. Heather says:

I really like koo Ming was and power chan but I also think Joel chan deserves some recognition. He was the only reason I finished watching the last steep ascent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Heather
  14. Sherrie says:

damnn alot of the songs were good this year! like on call, witness insecurity, last steep ascent, highs and lows, anddd so much more :O so hard to decide >.<

Login or Register before you can reply to Sherrie
  15. John says:

Is it just me cuz i freaking loved SSSS themesong by Fiona sit!!

Login or Register before you can reply to John
    • Lilly replied:

I love it too! I haven’t seen it, but I hear it when my parents watch it

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
    • Eunice replied:

Yes, Yes!

Login or Register before you can reply to Eunice
    • Mlove replied:

I like when she sings the first part.. I didn’t know she sang that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
    • LyNN replied:

actually yes. i love the song very much too. haha but my vote is still with On Call, oh dear~

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • 939393 replied:

whaaa? she sang the theme song for ssss? *dumbfounded* didnt know she’s such a good singer!

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • Fox replied:

I’m different, this song sounds too modern and funny although Fiona is a quite good singer. And wonder why they has to use Laputa no hokai song that much in the series? Do they buy the copyright? I wonder.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • hcfoo replied:

I love it too!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to hcfoo
  16. miriamfanz says:

I think the majority of these songs are by Tang Chi Wei. Just wondering is he the only one that composes for TVB theme songs? But he’s got some absolute beauties.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
    • YanYanKong replied:

Totaly agree! I love all the music he composes. All the ones he composed for Raymond Lam sounds sooooo good.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  17. Allen says:

Really enjoyed Joey Yung’s theme song the most. Really great!

Login or Register before you can reply to Allen
    • Mlove replied:

I like that song too!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
    • 939393 replied:

both On Call and HAL’s theme song were great! so hard to choose..

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  18. Fanny Lee says:

Linda Chung Witness Insecurity

Login or Register before you can reply to Fanny Lee
  19. Fanny Lee says:

I think Linda will win Best Actress award.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fanny Lee
  20. Mlove says:

I actually like ending song by Wayne and Nancy. I didn’t know she can sing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
    • Linnh replied:

she ended in top 4on TVB new talent singer awards in 1999.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • Anonymous replied:

Haha I love it too. Unfortunately its not in this or i’ll definetely vote for it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anonymous

This is one category I am very sure which one I am voting. Last Steep Ascent. Beautiful song but I think this won’t win.

22. Teece says:

Tough choice between THC and HAL but it’s gotta be HAL for me….the lyrics and melody itself really puts you in the mood, pretty sad and well performed by LF

Login or Register before you can reply to Teece
  23. Joe Kobe says:

Oncall song is great

Login or Register before you can reply to Joe Kobe
  24. E says:

1. Best Series
    Come Home Love (I thoughts the few family was good, but this drama tops it all with comedy, seriousness, and lifestyle pretty much)

Witness Insecurity (Amazing drama from a mental illness prospective, sad ending but it seem more real)

Highs and Lows(Ben, Kate, & Michael really makes this drama incredible. Sad that Ben was not voted in the TVB but he deserve it here also :) )

The Confidant (So far so good, just need to be more evil, seem so nice in here)

2. Best Actor
    Bosco in WS
    Damian- SSSS
    Kenneth- 36

3. Best Actress
    Kate -Highs&Lows

4. Best Supporting Actor
    Ben Wong -H&L
    Michael Tse -L’Escargot

5. Best Supporting Actress
    Nancy Wu -The Confidant

6. Best Onscreen Couple
    Linda&Bosco

7. Best Villain
    Kenneth-Tiger Cubs (He definitely needs more villian role, he is so good at it!!!!)

8. Most Improved Artist
    Mandy Wong
    Oscar Leung
    Vincent in Tiger Cubs

9. Star of Tomorrow
    Pako Confidant
    Rebecca SSS

10. Best Theme Song
    Come Home Love “擁抱愛” (Joyce Cheng)
    GJII “沒時間後悔” (Hanjin Tan, Jin Au-yeung)

***This was the hardest to pick because some MV/Theme Song was horrible, or too soft or not in harmony. If taken out of context with the picture of the drama and just listen to some music, it’s >>> I could only seem to like these two which was in sync and catchy the most..***

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  25. LyNN says:

1. Best Series
    The Hippocratic Crush – love the beautiful & touching story lines so much!

2. Best Actor
    Veteran Damian in SSSS.

3. Best Actress
    Tavia Yeung in SSSS. She did a brilliant job in THC too :D

4. Best Supporting Actor
    Ram Chiang in WI – this guy has always been impressive.

5. Best Supporting Actress
    Elena Kong in SSSS.

6. Best Onscreen Couple
    No other than Kenneth & Tavia!

7. Best Villain
    Kenneth in Tiger Cubs – he’s very cool there!

8. Most Improved Artist
    Oscar Leung in Tiger Cubs, Him Law in THC and Mandy Wong generally.

9. Star of Tomorrow
    The little emperor in The Confidant.

10. Best Theme Song
    Joey Yung’s THC for sure!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN

Elena Kong in SSSS.
    6. Best Onscreen Couple
    Kenneth & Tavia!
    7. Best Villain
    Kenneth in Tiger Cubs
    8. Most Improved Artist
    Oscar Leung in Tiger Cubs.
    9. Star of Tomorrow
    Nathan Ngai -THV
    10. Best Theme Song
    Joey Yung’s THC

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
    • Quynh replied:

i agree, i very like it :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Quynh
  27. Joanne says:

King Maker, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, The Confidant, The Greatness of a Hero, The Hippocratic Crush and *Witness Insecurity (The themesong for WI is good unfortunately the singer can barely sing)

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  28. Someone:) says:

Strongly Disagree! Linda can sing very well~

Login or Register before you can reply to Someone:)
    • shyn yuen replied:

Exactly,! I feel shes very good at singing

Login or Register before you can reply to shyn yuen
  29. YanYanKong says:

Is no one voting for Linda and Ron’s theme for L’escargot? I really liked that song too, just too bad they didn’t sing it together at Chi Wai’s concert!

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  30. YanYanKong says:

Also, people are only talking bout HAL theme. What about the Three Kingdoms theme also by Ray? I kinda didn’t like that song as much as Ray’s other songs, but my mom said that he performed that song very well. I was surprised.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • subtleness replied:

not a bad song. i like it too

Login or Register before you can reply to subtleness
  31. chChan says:

My vote to The Hippocratic Crush and The Last Steep Ascent

Login or Register before you can reply to chChan
  32. Xuefung says:

Highs and lows theme song is the best!!!<3

Login or Register before you can reply to Xuefung
  33. E says:

*okay, please stop deleting my message*

Please watch Come Home Good, it’s really good!

Login or Register before you can reply to E
    • E replied:

Oh never mind….oops

Login or Register before you can reply to E
  34. Kent says:

Best theme song is On Call 36

Login or Register before you can reply to Kent
  35. Kent says:

Best actress is Jessica or Tavia

Login or Register before you can reply to Kent
  36. Tvblover9 says:

I picked Highs and lows, also condsidering I loved Raymond’s theme song and his voice. his song won the award too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvblover9
  37. CHOI1991 says:

I think rong sing very well at the ending theme song of SSSS. poorly Myolie did´t sang any song for her dramas these year. hope she can has next year. and even released her third music album

Login or Register before you can reply to CHOI1991
    • YanYanKong replied:

Too bad that one’s not on the list cause not a theme, but sub theme. I would totally vote for that one too ontop of the other songs I picked.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  38. Ron says:

Best themesong: L’Escargot – Ron Ng – Linda Chung

Login or Register before you can reply to Ron
  39. Mlove says:

I like Kevin Cheng. Gotta support San Francisician.
    “run run fight” lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
  40. Juz a boy says:

silver spoon sterling shackles wad a damn drama.. super sucks drama i ever seen

Login or Register before you can reply to Juz a boy
    • Juz a boy replied:

and it shouldnt be best series… tavia sucks oso

Login or Register before you can reply to Juz a boy
      • pop replied:

Dont need to point out names. When u say it sucks it means the whole cast.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
    • 939393 replied:

most of the cast did a brilliant job in their respective roles. Just that the plot was no-good and too draggy.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • LyNN replied:

that’s right. the whole cast did a brilliant job except for storyline revolved around siu yao. anyway, the series is a bit draggy, the main prob is with the script.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
  41. Mandy says:

I hope that Raymond Lam will win something, as well as Myolie. They put on their best. I could feel tears and smiles…:D

Login or Register before you can reply to Mandy
  42. Anonymous says:

Best drama- The Confidant (awesome show all along and I really love the ending where the two main characters discuss about what people will say about them in the future)
    Best Actor- Wayne Lai
    Best Actress- Michelle Yim (I thought her potrayal as Ci’xi was legendary and that nobody in TVB would fit the role as good as her. Unfortunately, it seems that not many people vote for her. Guess I have a distinctive taste)
    Best Supporting Actor- Power Chan (really liked his qoute in the confidabt LOL. Again with my distinctive taste, most people did not vote for him)
    Best supporting actress- Nancy Wu (I really like her =))
    Best onscreen couple- On Call 36.
    Best villian- hands down to Edwind Siu. His villian role in both the confidant and last steep ascent is great. Again with my distinctive taste =P
    Most Improved Artist- Mandy Wong. I think most would agree, no?
    Star of tmr- littlenemporer in the confidant. I enjoyed watching hisbfits haha.
    Best theme song- stucked between on call, king maker and last steep ascent. Lastly voted twice with king maker and last steep ascent. However, if the cinfidant sub theme was here, I would undoubtly choose that. Nancy Wu sang so nice.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anonymous