JayneStars.com logo

2012 Best of TVB Awards: Best Theme Song

By on December 5, 2012

Which TVB series deserves the 2012 Best Theme Song Award? Cast your vote!

VOTING RULES

1. Press VOTE for the series you wish to vote for.

2. Each person will only be allowed to vote once every 24 hours.

Deadline to submit all votes is Friday, December 21, 2012 at midnight Eastern Standard Time. The winner and all results will be announced after the poll ends.

Best Theme Song

Total Votes: 4,482

Thank you for voting @ JayneStars.com! Your vote has been tabulated!

Make sure to vote for your choice everyday at JayneStars.com! Each person is allowed to vote for one candidate every 24 hours.

The poll will end on Monday, January 13, 2014 at midnight EST. The winner and complete voting results will be announced at that time.

Cheers,
JayneStars.com Team

Loading ... Loading ...

The “2012 Best of TVB Awards” at JayneStars.com include ten awards in the following categories:

1.   Best Series
2.   Best Actor
3.   Best Actress
4.   Best Supporting Actor
5.   Best Supporting Actress
6.   Best Onscreen Couple
7.   Best Villain
8.   Most Improved Artist
9.   Star of Tomorrow
10. Best Theme Song

Tags:

• No Related Posts.

• Readers' Comments (90)

1. Pinky says:

OMG!!! I LOVE THE THEME SONG OF “KING MAKER” …The song just…HITS ME!! It’s so dramatic and yeah, i think it very much suit the series!

2. Hello says:

Come Home Love!!

3. peanut candy says:

this is really hard >.<
      i can't choose which one i like best.

4. miriamfanz says:

I’m going to alternate between The Hippocratic Crush and Highs and Lows. Both are great songs!

Last Steep Ascent for me. No alternate. Best song.

• Is says:

I had a hard time deciding between LSA and SSSS. But finally chose LSA

• YanYanKong says:

Are you kidding me? You actually liked Fiona’s theme song? I thought she sounded horrible in that song and plus that song didn’t sound that great either. How the whole song turned out sounded horrible. My whole family preffered Ron’s sub theme for that drama more than the theme. We all thought Ron sang better than the proffesional singer.

• b0nni3 says:

Ron is a professional singer too, he does heaps of songs o.o

• star says:

I actually like that song 此时此刻 sang by Fiona. It’s the only song that I like among the songs that I’ve listened by Fiona.

• berri says:

you must me kidding me. RON NG CAN’T SING PERIOD

• Hannahh says:

AGREED!

6. Veejay says:

I m with on call 36 lol.. actually i can’t decide which i like better, either last steep or on call.. but becuz On call has KM, so I pick it. :D

7. Kidd says:

I like the themesong of TGOAH and MOP. :D

8. Cassandra Loh says:

最幸福的事 ! :D

9. Gar says:

Highs and Lows for me.

10. Quynh says:

ON CALL 36H <3

11. exoidus says:

On Call, Greatness of Hero and Bottled Passion *thumbs up*

12. crystal says:

on call

13. Heather says:

I really like koo Ming was and power chan but I also think Joel chan deserves some recognition. He was the only reason I finished watching the last steep ascent.

14. Sherrie says:

damnn alot of the songs were good this year! like on call, witness insecurity, last steep ascent, highs and lows, anddd so much more :O so hard to decide >.<

15. John says:

Is it just me cuz i freaking loved SSSS themesong by Fiona sit!!

16. miriamfanz says:

I think the majority of these songs are by Tang Chi Wei. Just wondering is he the only one that composes for TVB theme songs? But he’s got some absolute beauties.

• YanYanKong says:

Totaly agree! I love all the music he composes. All the ones he composed for Raymond Lam sounds sooooo good.

17. Allen says:

Really enjoyed Joey Yung’s theme song the most. Really great!

18. Fanny Lee says:

Linda Chung Witness Insecurity

19. Fanny Lee says:

I think Linda will win Best Actress award.

20. Mlove says:

I actually like ending song by Wayne and Nancy. I didn’t know she can sing.

This is one category I am very sure which one I am voting. Last Steep Ascent. Beautiful song but I think this won’t win.

22. Teece says:

Tough choice between THC and HAL but it’s gotta be HAL for me….the lyrics and melody itself really puts you in the mood, pretty sad and well performed by LF

23. Joe Kobe says:

Oncall song is great

24. E says:

1. Best Series
      Come Home Love (I thoughts the few family was good, but this drama tops it all with comedy, seriousness, and lifestyle pretty much)

Witness Insecurity (Amazing drama from a mental illness prospective, sad ending but it seem more real)

Highs and Lows(Ben, Kate, & Michael really makes this drama incredible. Sad that Ben was not voted in the TVB but he deserve it here also :) )

The Confidant (So far so good, just need to be more evil, seem so nice in here)

2. Best Actor
      Bosco in WS
      Damian- SSSS
      Kenneth- 36

3. Best Actress
      Kate -Highs&Lows

4. Best Supporting Actor
      Ben Wong -H&L
      Michael Tse -L’Escargot

5. Best Supporting Actress
      Nancy Wu -The Confidant

6. Best Onscreen Couple
      Linda&Bosco

7. Best Villain
      Kenneth-Tiger Cubs (He definitely needs more villian role, he is so good at it!!!!)

8. Most Improved Artist
      Mandy Wong
      Oscar Leung
      Vincent in Tiger Cubs

9. Star of Tomorrow
      Pako Confidant
      Rebecca SSS

10. Best Theme Song
      Come Home Love “擁抱愛” (Joyce Cheng)
      GJII “沒時間後悔” (Hanjin Tan, Jin Au-yeung)

***This was the hardest to pick because some MV/Theme Song was horrible, or too soft or not in harmony. If taken out of context with the picture of the drama and just listen to some music, it’s >>> I could only seem to like these two which was in sync and catchy the most..***

25. LyNN says:

1. Best Series
      The Hippocratic Crush – love the beautiful & touching story lines so much!

2. Best Actor
      Veteran Damian in SSSS.

3. Best Actress
      Tavia Yeung in SSSS. She did a brilliant job in THC too :D

4. Best Supporting Actor
      Ram Chiang in WI – this guy has always been impressive.

5. Best Supporting Actress
      Elena Kong in SSSS.

6. Best Onscreen Couple
      No other than Kenneth & Tavia!

7. Best Villain
      Kenneth in Tiger Cubs – he’s very cool there!

8. Most Improved Artist
      Oscar Leung in Tiger Cubs, Him Law in THC and Mandy Wong generally.

9. Star of Tomorrow
      The little emperor in The Confidant.

10. Best Theme Song
      Joey Yung’s THC for sure!

26. pop says:

Elena Kong in SSSS.
      6. Best Onscreen Couple
      Kenneth & Tavia!
      7. Best Villain
      Kenneth in Tiger Cubs
      8. Most Improved Artist
      Oscar Leung in Tiger Cubs.
      9. Star of Tomorrow
      Nathan Ngai -THV
      10. Best Theme Song
      Joey Yung’s THC

27. Joanne says:

King Maker, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles, The Confidant, The Greatness of a Hero, The Hippocratic Crush and *Witness Insecurity (The themesong for WI is good unfortunately the singer can barely sing)

28. Someone:) says:

Strongly Disagree! Linda can sing very well~

29. YanYanKong says:

Is no one voting for Linda and Ron’s theme for L’escargot? I really liked that song too, just too bad they didn’t sing it together at Chi Wai’s concert!

30. YanYanKong says:

Also, people are only talking bout HAL theme. What about the Three Kingdoms theme also by Ray? I kinda didn’t like that song as much as Ray’s other songs, but my mom said that he performed that song very well. I was surprised.

31. chChan says:

My vote to The Hippocratic Crush and The Last Steep Ascent

32. Xuefung says:

Highs and lows theme song is the best!!!<3

33. E says:

*okay, please stop deleting my message*

Please watch Come Home Good, it’s really good!

34. Kent says:

Best theme song is On Call 36

35. Kent says:

Best actress is Jessica or Tavia

36. Tvblover9 says:

I picked Highs and lows, also condsidering I loved Raymond’s theme song and his voice. his song won the award too.

37. CHOI1991 says:

I think rong sing very well at the ending theme song of SSSS. poorly Myolie did´t sang any song for her dramas these year. hope she can has next year. and even released her third music album

• YanYanKong says:

Too bad that one’s not on the list cause not a theme, but sub theme. I would totally vote for that one too ontop of the other songs I picked.

38. Ron says:

Best themesong: L’Escargot – Ron Ng – Linda Chung

39. Mlove says:

I like Kevin Cheng. Gotta support San Francisician.
      “run run fight” lol

40. Juz a boy says:

silver spoon sterling shackles wad a damn drama.. super sucks drama i ever seen

41. Mandy says:

I hope that Raymond Lam will win something, as well as Myolie. They put on their best. I could feel tears and smiles…:D

42. Anonymous says:

Best drama- The Confidant (awesome show all along and I really love the ending where the two main characters discuss about what people will say about them in the future)
      Best Actor- Wayne Lai
      Best Actress- Michelle Yim (I thought her potrayal as Ci’xi was legendary and that nobody in TVB would fit the role as good as her. Unfortunately, it seems that not many people vote for her. Guess I have a distinctive taste)
      Best Supporting Actor- Power Chan (really liked his qoute in the confidabt LOL. Again with my distinctive taste, most people did not vote for him)
      Best supporting actress- Nancy Wu (I really like her =))
      Best onscreen couple- On Call 36.
      Best villian- hands down to Edwind Siu. His villian role in both the confidant and last steep ascent is great. Again with my distinctive taste =P
      Most Improved Artist- Mandy Wong. I think most would agree, no?
      Star of tmr- littlenemporer in the confidant. I enjoyed watching hisbfits haha.
      Best theme song- stucked between on call, king maker and last steep ascent. Lastly voted twice with king maker and last steep ascent. However, if the cinfidant sub theme was here, I would undoubtly choose that. Nancy Wu sang so nice.

43. Lucia says:

Yeahhh THC’s themesong!!

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription