JayneStars.com logo

Jazz Lam Expands Cafe Business

By on January 8, 2013

Jazz Lam Expands Cafe Business thumbnail

Last year was certainly a busy year for Jazz Lam (林子善). Aside from starring in TVB’s Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭 II>and filming Wong Jing’s (王晶)  Young and Dangerous: Reloaded <古惑仔: 江湖新秩序>, the up-and-coming actor also invested over six-figures with director Tony Tang (鄧東明) to open a café.

Coming from a family that used to run a Hong Kong style café, Jazz is no stranger to the food service industry. This past August, he fulfilled his dreams of becoming a café owner in Dai Hong. Following success of the first cafe, they decided to open a second branch in Wan Chai. Jazz has been busy playing a hands-on role in preparation for the second branch. “When Tony and I opened the first café, we didn’t know much and spent a lot of time and effort in learning how to do everything ourselves. Seeing that the café is sustaining pretty well, we decided to open a second branch. I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out last year because business is well. I’m most proud of purchasing a flat for my parents in Tuen Mun.”

When asked if he spent all his savings on the restaurant and the flat, thus not saving up for a wedding, Jazz said, “The money doesn’t accrue much interest when it’s sitting in the bank. I’ve always wanted to purchase a place for my parents to live and I was really lucky to be able to do so last year.  As for becoming a business owner – a man should always take risks and work hard when he is still young. Aside from acting, I can also run my own business which brings me great satisfaction. I’m slowly saving up for a wedding, but my girlfriend and I have only been together for a year so we haven’t thought that far out yet. She’s a great girl though, very supportive of me and my career, so I try to spend more time with her whenever I have a break.”

Jazz also revealed that he used up all his personal favor requests when celebrity friends like Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) showed up at the grand opening celebration of his first café. “For the second shops’ grand opening, I want to see if they have time. Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) comes by whenever he can and so does Paco Wong (黄柏高).”

Source: Ming Pao Weekly via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , ,

• Natalie Tong Reunites with “A Fistful of Stances” Costars(14)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Gala: Bringing Sexy Back(179)
  • 2014 TVB Calendar(81)
  • Top 5 Bachelors Fight Off Temptation(44)
  • Kenneth Ma Remains Single At 39 Years Old(5)
  • Ng Man Tat to Film New TVB Drama with Andy Lau and Tony Leung?(49)
  • TV King Nominees' Final Words: "Will I Win?"(181)
  • Will Wayne Lai, Raymond Lam, or Kenneth Ma Be TV King?(35)
  • Kevin Cheng Refuses to Costar With Charmaine Sheh?(58)
  • Top Ten Nominees for TVB Best Actor and Actress Leaked(219)

• Readers' Comments (18)

1. Michael says:

I wonder if his celebrity friends still charge him for appearance fees…cheaper maybe?

• Gar says:

Hopefully they’re not charging and doing it for the sake of their friendships. That’s what a true friend would do.

• AC says:

Probably not since they’re all good friends of his.

• sandcherry says:

I don’t think so since Jazz said “he used up all his personal favor requests when celebrity friends like Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) showed up at the grand opening celebration of his first café.”

2. Gar says:

Happy to hear that Jazz is doing well with his cafe business. He comes across as a great guy.

3. AC says:

Congrats Jazz!

I also can’t wait to see him in the Dayo Wong series. Maybe he’ll pair up with Sharon Chan and be a comedic looking couple. hehe

4. P. Tan says:

I like Jazz as he seems such a kind person.Having friends like Kevin having a drink in his cafe would help much to attract customers, especially girls, I reckon. Congratulations to Jazz and hope his business grows from strength to strengh!

5. Kidd says:

Kenneth, Kevin, Natalie, Jazz – the Koo family. :D

6. cloud9 says:

anyone knows the name of Jazz Lam cafe ? thanks

7. soph says:

its called lung fung in Tai Hang, its my hubby’s fav char chan teng. We even bumped into kevin cheng, kenneth ma and another tvb actor (don’t know their names) one night.

8. cloud9 says:

Thanks soph

9. msxie says:

Jazz Lam? Another funny ‘westernized’ name.

10. TVBFanatic says:

Jazz Lam will forever by the small guy with the weird voice thanks to “Men Don’t Cry”

11. Mark Lim says:

This guy is pretty underrated. Sure he’s not that good, but I believe he’s decent in acting and has many to improve on. Also, he makes for pretty good supporting roles, especially the comedic roles. I liked him a lot in the Ghetto Justice series. Seems he is leaning more towards business.

12. aptos says:

Funny guy…but he is limited in the roles he can do due to his boyish looks…He is definitely better than MC Jin.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription