Twins’ Gillian Chung and Charlene Choi Release New Singles

By on April 15, 2013 in MUSIC

Hong Kong’s favorite idol group is coming back with new music after their one year hiatus, but this time, they are not coming back as Twins, but as solo artists.

In early April, Gillian Chung (鍾欣桐) and Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) released their new singles separately – Gillian’s first Mandarin single, “Inertia Hibernation” <慣性冬眠> was released on April 9, while Charlene’s comeback Cantonese single, “Mistake” <錯過> was released on April 11. Both singles will be the first promotional plugs for their upcoming studio albums, which will be released next month.

With intentions to tackle the mainland Chinese market, Gillian’s “Inertia Hibernation,” a slow love ballad, is produced by Singaporean record producer Taz Tan (陈台证). The tragic romantic piece, composed by Wu Jie (吴节) and with lyrics helmed by Wu Xiangfei (吴向飞), tells the story of a girl who is attempting to recover from a broken relationship. Like permanent cracks in a mirror, one can never truly heal from a lost relationship.

Charlene’s “Mistake,” on the other hand, is autobiographical in nature and marks Charlene’s first collaboration with Hong Kong record producing group The Island. The single is written by Terry Chui (徐浩) with lyrics by The Island’s C Kwan (C君). “Mistake” is sincere and lightening. Charlene ends the song with a hopeful message – mistakes give experiences, and experience leads to accomplishments.

Gillian’s “Inertia Hibernation”- Audio Only

Charlene’s “Mistake”- Audio Only

Sources: EEGmusic.com, EEGmusic.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

31 comments to Twins’ Gillian Chung and Charlene Choi Release New Singles

1. UNI says:

its sad how they are a big part of HK’s current music industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • Bubblez replied:

I disagree with you. Compared to the newer singers in HK, Twins are pretty good singers in my opinion. 🙂

I really like Charlene Choi’s songs!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • kiki replied:

I know right? hahaha They can’t really sing and yet they are BIG in HK…sigh…OMG…

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
    • clai replied:

i agree with you. they are bad at singing, just cute WHEN they were YOUNG. just puppets for making money off of teen fans. Lying to conceal their promiscuity.

Login or Register before you can reply to clai
      • Cleo replied:

poor Gillian – she never did anything other than to be unbelievably duped by Edison, right? I still wonder if that whole thing was photoshopped and a total fake to make HK kids look as bad as more licentious neighbors.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cleo
    • hazel replied:

I think they are good. I been listening to them since I was small. I remember singing along to their song.

Login or Register before you can reply to hazel
      • RaySimpson replied:

LOL??? Have you seen them LIVE?

Login or Register before you can reply to RaySimpson
      • himhim replied:

But compared to last time, two of them really improved a lot. It doesnt matter if they are good in singing a not. Its da matter whether they received a good songs and good lyrics.

Login or Register before you can reply to himhim
    • Puff replied:

Totally agree. There are so bad!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  2. a long time ago says:

why does charlene choi looks like she had her face done?

Login or Register before you can reply to a long time ago
    • clai replied:

likely has.

Login or Register before you can reply to clai
      • Lol replied:

Sa is 100% natural. If not, why is she in the diving show in Mainland? One of the requirement for all contestant was that they should be 100% natural without plastic surgery because the pressure of hitting the water from the high dive is too much. Twins both signed up but after all the testings, Gil didn’t qualify for the show. Sa had gotten prettier with aging and losing all her baby fat from her face.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • Nelly replied:

Gil didn’t qualify because she had heart problems not due to plastic surgery.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

talentless twins.

i’d like to see tavia and angelababy doing the diving show then 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • HeTieShou replied:

Not sure if she is 100% natural. Also,is using make up still considered to be 100% natural???

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Lol replied:

Hmmm, if using make up makes a person unnatural then I guess there isn’t any natural actors/actresses in this world. Twins has never been out of the public eyes for more than a week (except for Gil’s break during the photogate) so where do they ever find the time to get surgeries? Considering their popularity, if they weren’t natural, the HK media would had keep bring up the topic.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
  3. Crystal says:

They’re not that bad actually. Studio/recording music is still passable for them. As long as they stay away from live singing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • RaySimpson replied:

They can do miracles in a studio nowadays. Sing one line at a time, and use a computer to clean up. Anyone can be a decent studio singer nowadays, given enough money.

Login or Register before you can reply to RaySimpson
      • Crystal replied:

Thus, that is why I said stay away from live singing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • HeTieShou replied:

But sadly you cannot be considered a good singer if you cannot sing well live.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Crystal replied:

But I dont think people in HK boast about them being good singers? Well I dont live in HK, correct me if I am wrong.

They remind me of korean idol groups. Majority of the kpop members cant sing with an exception of ONE maybe TWO in big groups who can sing live. Everyone praise them for different things like looks, acting and such instead of singing. Lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
      • HeTieShou replied:

That’s not what I heard about the Korean idols. I heard that they actually have a lot of talent and are trained a lot before they even enter the field. Therefore, they are generally a lot more talented than any groups from HK or Taiwan.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  4. LUCY says:

There good… where there singing easy songs!

Login or Register before you can reply to LUCY
    • LUCY replied:

when*

Login or Register before you can reply to LUCY
  5. Nelly says:

Even til now I’m thinking how they got so big? Back then, I thought its the layers of packaging to cover up for the singing. Makes me miss good singers like Faye, why isn’t she singing canto now?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
  6. Jessica says:

They are awful singers but yet they are so successful cause they pretend to be all cute and innocent.

It’s annoying when they receive an award and they will say “eh…” in every sentence.

Also, Charlene’s acting is way over exaggerated. Don’t understand why they still so popular.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
    • Nelly replied:

Same thinking. Joey and charlene says “eh” a lot too. With Joey winning countless awards, does that make her the best that cantopop can offer?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly

Surgery? I think they both look the same. What many may have forgotten is they both started very young and so what you see now is the face of a mature woman. People do age you know and no one in their late 20s or 30s look like their teenager self. Unless they pray to the devil.

8. Lorena says:

They are big because they grew up with many people. I was their fan when I was 10 to maybe 17. I admit they don’t have the best voices but they have improved. Gillian used to sing better. The scandal has affected Gillian’s stage presence and confidence. All you people saying you don’t know why they got famous. Think about how people grew up with tvb and even though it sucks now, some still try to watch it. We grew up with twins so when we hear their songs, we think back to our childhood.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lorena
  9. choi1404 says:

I agree with you lorena. I am a twins fans too when I was 12. (I think) I always say they are the best like they aren’t know and always, no matter what or where is happen. Twins or gill or charlene as group or solo they are amazing. Support them 4ever.

Login or Register before you can reply to choi1404
  10. choi1404 says:

So until now I am 22 still twins fans. No matter if they are change old or I am 80 I support twins Gillian and charlene always. Thanks

Login or Register before you can reply to choi1404