Anne Heung Does Not Mind Filming for TVB Again

By on May 21, 2014 in NEWS

Having disappeared from the entertainment world in 2008, Anne Heung (向海嵐) makes a high profile return when she accepted an endorsement deal for a beauty salon.

Support From Loletta Chu

Although Anne was a favorite since she was crowned Miss Hong Kong 1998 and highly promoted at TVB, her career eventually slowed in momentum. She was reduced to taking a supporting role as a third line actress in 2007’s The Building Blocks of Life <建築有情天>. Thinking TVB had given up on her, she began working in public relations at a company owned by Loletta Chu’s (朱玲玲) husband, Vincent Lo (羅康瑞), in Shanghai.

In 2008, just before Anne quit her acting career, she had no jobs lined up for four months. When she finally received a script, it was for a mere position as an executive, where Anne would film sitting most of the time. Anne was disappointed that the role offered little to enhance her abilities.

“At that time, I felt like I’ve reached the highest I could go, and that [TVB] didn’t allow me to further improve myself. We also headed towards different directions. I had the opportunity to do something else, so I decided to give it a try. A lot of friends told me to rethink my decision because I’ll be a girl travelling alone to somewhere far away. Luckily, Loletta and Vincent taught me a lot, and I got used to it. I worked in public relations for four years and it was fulfilling. But I still like working in the entertainment scene better, so I returned to Hong Kong, and agreed to film a commercial. If I have the opportunity, I would film a series again. Loletta said she would support my decision.”

Won’t Hesitate To Film For TVB Again

Despite leaving due to lack of acting opportunities, Anne does not rule out going back to TVB if she is offered a good script. However, to kick start her exposure again, Anne agreed to being a spokesperson for a beauty salon. At 39 years old, Anne daringly put on a low cut dress, showing her long legs and fit physique. Anne’s secrets to maintaining her body weight is to drink a lot of water daily, and to eat vegetarian meals one day per week to cleanse her body.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Anne Heung Does Not Mind Filming for TVB Again

• Hong Kong Artists Risk Life for Stem Cell Injections?(40)
  • Anne Heung to Act in Dramas Again(70)

• 37 comments to Anne Heung Does Not Mind Filming for TVB Again

1. JCLL says:

39 years old? Hmmmm tvb won’t take u as lead actress. Probably use her for minor roles such as a 3rd wife of a rich business man lol

Login or Register before you can reply to JCLL
    2. mocha says:

Anne’s acting surely surpasses most of tvb young fa dans. Hope to see her in a tvb drama

Login or Register before you can reply to mocha
    3. joojaibao says:

Hope to see Anne in TVB again

I’d really like to see as followed back in filming again

Ada Choi
      Jessica Hsuan
      Chan Mui Ying

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
      • pak replied:

Also Lee San San

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
        • sheila replied:

Also Cutie Mui, Do Do Cheng, Winnie Yeung, Michelle Reis, Irene Wan

Login or Register before you can reply to sheila
    4. lemongrass says:

Find her prettier than before. Not sure which part but she definitely look better now.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
      • Jane replied:

Did she fix her chin?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
        • bloom replied:

Hi Jane,
          No, I don’t think so. She always have this potruding chin (Cantonese say it’s hai chow). It’s a good sign for good life.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    5. Nick says:

She started out great and was taking lead roles, but then TVB demoted her to minor roles. That’s just strange considering she was one of their top actresses at the time. I really liked Anne. TVB does some weird ass thing, no wonder their top actors leave them for mainland China.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nick
    6. Larry 3 says:

I really don’t think TVB will take her back unless Annie promote herself more and TVB may want another fadan field that is LACKING BADLY.

Its TVB faults…. TVB needs to rebuild the managers from the ground up AGAIN.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    7. megamiaow says:

Sadly I dont see her as a leading actress again either, but I hope Im wrong. I dont mind her acting but her voice does grate on me sometimes ><

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
      • bizzybody replied:

Same here. Sorry to say that her voice grates on my nerves and it’s like the sound chalk makes on a blackboard…

Login or Register before you can reply to bizzybody
    8. lol says:

Isn’t she a lawyer

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • ace replied:

Where the heck did u get that from??
        She is just a normal OL maybe working in a law firm or a normal company. She’s not a lawyer

Login or Register before you can reply to ace
        • lol replied:

There was an article once saying she left the entertainment industry to finish her law degree

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • HeTieShou replied:

What is an OL? I heard she was studying law too. Maybe it was a rumour it she decided to do something else.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • lol replied:

And when there was articles saying she finished studying law she wanted to work as a lawyer and film a series when shes got time

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • Alluka replied:

@HTS: OL = Office Lady

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
        • sandcherry replied:

I think Anne Heung changed her mind later not to study a law degree at the University of Hong Kong. She decided to stay in Shanghai and worked for Loletta Chu’s new husband ………. doing public relations work.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • HeTieShou replied:

Thanks Alluka.! At first I thought OL meant Office lawyer. It would be great to see Anne again. She was hilarious in the Best Bet with Wayne and Micheal.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Eda replied:

Yeah!! I thought that too!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Eda
      • Hannah replied:

I remembered reading that she left to continue her law degree, but I don’t think she finished. It seems like she took a detour and started PR.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    9. Lemmiwinks says:

I miss seeing her on tv, but even if she does come back she won’t be getting leading roles cause she ain’t young anymore and TVB don’t really care about actresses who are getting older.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lemmiwinks
    10. HeTieShou says:

I was wondering what happened to her. Great to know she is well but not sure if she will be getting leading roles anymore even if she does come back to TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    11. mun hon says:

hi there

1. anne is just beautiful.
      2. those classical Chinese lady looks.
      3. hope to seeing more of anne in tvb.

Login or Register before you can reply to mun hon
    12. Hannahh says:

i find Anne acting is ok not great. she def have done a lot leading back then. well looking forward if she do come back to tvb but doubt she will be leading.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    13. irene says:

If only she and Kong wah act in a series again..

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
    14. jj says:

i like many of her series! they were good, but her acting isnt great. but i do hope to see her in some TVB series again 😛
      she also looks prettier now~

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    15. Cm says:

I liked her. She wasn’t the most talented of actresses, but definately had a very engaging quality about her. She has that elegant poise that was used so effectively in Riches and and Stitches.

She was also great as as a bickering middle aged woman who had a love/hate relationship with Wayne Lai in a modern series that I forgot the name of. Can anyone help?

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
      • HeTieShou replied:

Are you referring to the series where Wayne fell in love with her feet? If so, then that series is called Best Bet.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • skinnymocha replied:

I liked her in Best Bet! She may not be a great actress, but there’s something about her that endears her to me (despite her nasal voice).

——————-

If Cm’s referring to a modern series, there’s also the show starring Bobby called “Hidden Treasures”.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
        • Cm replied:

Thanks HeTieShou and skinnymocha. I was referring to Hidden Treasures. I haven’t watch Best Bet before

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
    16. kelvin says:

Wow didn’t know how badly TVB treated her! I thought she left on good terms but looks like there are a lot of things hidden from the public view

Login or Register before you can reply to kelvin
    17. pak says:

She should pursue Mainland China after she left TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    18. tetsuo says:

she is still looking good, my fav. drama of her is riches and stitches.

Login or Register before you can reply to tetsuo
    19. Ravenz says:

Love her and find her acting is really good compare to a lot others and I would definitely watch her if she films 🙂 soooo pretty

Login or Register before you can reply to Ravenz
    20. ewwwww.... says:

That is one really messed up jay-leno chin!

Login or Register before you can reply to ewwwww....