“Children’s Hospital” May Be Linda Chung’s Last TV Drama

By on October 18, 2020 in Hong Kong Drama, Hot Gossip!, NEWS

“Children’s Hospital” May Be Linda Chung’s Last TV Drama

Earlier this summer, Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) flew back to Hong Kong from Vancouver to shoot the TVB medical drama series Children’s Hospital <兒科醫生>, her first TV drama in three years, and her first TV drama as lead actress since 2016’s K9 Cop <警犬巴打>. Nearing her fourth month back in Hong Kong, Linda shared that she still has 36 days left of filming. She plans to fly back to Vancouver after wrapping up.

“I really miss the kids,” she said. “This experience has been a lot more difficult than I had originally imagined. This is the longest time I’ve been away from the kids.”

The 36-year-old said she had not intended to leave the kids for that long. She originally wanted her children—four-year-old Kelly and two-year-old Jared—to live with her in Hong Kong two months after she arrived, but due to a surge of COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong, she decided that it would be best for the kids to stay at home.

“If the kids were with me, I would stay here longer,” said Linda. “But now, I’m planning on flying back to Vancouver immediately after I finish filming. I’ve already packed.”

Asking if her kids have been missing her, she said, “I’m more concerned for my daughter, and not so much for my son. He’s still very young, and doesn’t know how to miss me yet. My daughter would tell me to go back home soon, but fortunately, we have a lot of friends and family who take great care of her back in Vancouver, so she’s doing well. I think I miss her more than she misses me!”

After this experience, would Linda consider returning to Hong Kong to film another series? “[Children’s Hospital] may be my last one. Or I may decide to film another one ten years down the road. It takes months to finish a drama, and it’s hard to focus on my job when I have family back home. If I am invited to film another show, I have to seriously consider it.”

Stating that she does consider Children’s Hospital to be her last project, she added, “My family really supports what I do. I don’t want to disappoint them.”

The actress has also recently filmed recorded the drama’s theme song and filmed its music video, “Cherish Yourself Well” <好好珍惜自己>. Linda composed the song while she was still in Vancouver half a year ago.

“I didn’t expect them to turn it into a theme song,” she said. “It’s been nearly seven years since I last performed a theme song for a TV series.”

While Linda did not pen the song’s lyrics, she did work closely with a lyricist to ensure the song’s authenticity. “I spent two hours trying to explain to them about what I want to express in this song. I did pen a few phrases, and they managed to expand it beautifully and poetically.”

Children’s Hospital also stars Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Catherine Chau (周家怡), and Him Law (羅仲謙).

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

13 comments to “Children’s Hospital” May Be Linda Chung’s Last TV Drama

1. abcd says:

I know a lot of people complain about Linda’s acting, but I always thought she was a good actor until they started giving her weak cry baby rolls. I think Steven Ma helped bring out her best acting in my opinion – especially A Journey Called Life and the one where she played a Tom boy. I also liked her when she played a 港女.

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
    • hetieshou replied:

@abcd
      I agree and her acting can be decent if given the roles and costars. I loved her with Steven Ma and Fala in Ghost Writer. They had great chemistry and it turns out that they are close in real life too. Maybe that helped?

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • abcd replied:

@hetieshou I think you’re right. Especially since she’s an introvert that has anxiety, she’s probably most comfortable around close friends she’s comfortable with. Too bad Steven and Fala are also no longer part of TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to abcd
  2. anon says:

I hope you do retire and never act again. There is no market for Linda Chung beyond TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
  3. tt23 says:

Lol good. She’s a terrible actress and singer, children’s hospital is going to be hard to watch

Login or Register before you can reply to tt23
  4. yuaida says:

I sure hope that is a promise from her……..Cause I think that is what the general public would want from her too………..That is to permanently stay out of anymore TV series.

Login or Register before you can reply to yuaida
  5. megrim says:

A couple years down the road… when she’s able to bring her family to HK, she will definitely go back to TVB and film again. Never been a fan of her acting anyways. When she tried to act cute it makes me cringe. Her voice is annoying too.

Login or Register before you can reply to megrim
    • janet72 replied:

@megrim if her kids are in HK, she will probably forget her promise and show up on our screens again. don’t know why, but she is so annoying and whiny.
      she looks annoying and her acting cute is irritating.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  6. hazel says:

She honestly should’ve waited until her kids were a bit older and more independent to film cause every interview for the past few months has been about how she misses her kids.

While it’s normal for working moms to miss their kids, Linda constantly whines about it. Maybe she should reassess her priorities next time.

Login or Register before you can reply to hazel
    • janet72 replied:

@hazel she should stay at home for good. don’t understand why she had to film this drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  7. funnlim says:

She stopped improving a long long time ago. She still has hope, i mean motherhood may give her new perspective but it seems she’s not interested in acting anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
  8. bubbles23 says:

I get that she has her own fanbase but honestly who cares if she’s back full time or not, as she’s obviously wasn’t a skilled actress/singer/host. There are plenty of younger actresses who can fill the void of Linda’s previous girl next door image. I’ll watch this drama and it will be for Catherine — top tier acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles23
  9. pokopants says:

Even though her acting is not favourable to many of us buy Few months ago there is news saying that Linda will be receiving a few million pay just to cast this drama.. If I were her kids, I definitely looking forward for my mom to work for the money….

Login or Register before you can reply to pokopants