Christine Kuo: “Aaron Kwok is Just a Colleague!”

By on April 24, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS, Star Interviews

Christine Kuo (苟芸慧) is known for her pure goddess image, but the Miss Chinese International beauty is also ironically a frequent subject of love rumors. In her four years in the entertainment circle, Christine has been falsely linked with Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎), Michael Tse (謝天華), Matthew Ko (高鈞賢), diving expert Stephen Au, and recently Aaron Kwok (郭富城). Plagued with romantic fabrications, Christine admitted the rumors had an effect on her outlook in life and she developed depressive symptoms as a result.

In a sit-in interview with Public Relations queen Lelia Chow (周美鳳) for Oriental Sunday, Christine once again clarified her relationship with Aaron and spoke about her struggles in Hong Kong’s hostile entertainment industry.

Christine Clarifies Her Relationship With Aaron

“It is part of the package,” Christine said when she was asked if her rumors with Aaron were true. “In the entertainment industry, rumors come as a package. To put things in a more optimistic way, rumors are a way of saying that you are valuable to the industry.”

Christine saw Aaron as someone who is extremely open-minded, kind, and easy to get along with. “His personality resembles mine. We get along comfortably, but we are not so close to the point where I can comment on his disposition. But he is a senior I respect very much.” Asked if Christine has Aaron’s phone number, Christine expressed that she is much closer to Siu Mei (小美), Aaron’s manager.

How would Christine describe her relationship with Aaron? “We are colleagues that have collaborated before,” said Christine simply.

Christine was rumored to be the third wheel in Aaron’s relationship with former girlfriend of seven years Lynn Hung (熊黛林), who recently announced their breakup through Weibo. Christine’s rumors with Aaron were further fueled when she was spotted attending Aaron’s recent Hong Kong Coliseum concert.

“I went because there is nothing between us. If I didn’t, that would just make things fishier.”

Christine Didn’t Know Aaron Was Dating Lynn

Christine expressed that she did not know that Aaron and Lynn were dating until after she collaborated with Aaron and read the news. The 29-year-old laughed at the reports claiming that Lynn wanted to get rid of Christine with the Beggar Sect’s “dog-beating staff technique” (Christine’s surname, Kuo, is a homophone of “dog” in Cantonese).

“I think that’s quite creative! It’s pretty funny. Since my work is about entertaining others, I’ll just treat that report as a piece of entertainment for everyone.”

Christine stressed that she would not feel awkward if she meets Lynn. “I didn’t do anything. What is there to be afraid of?”

Proving Herself

Christine fell into tears when the tabloids widely reported on her alleged car-shaking relationship with Michael Tse last summer. “I was filming for both Tiger Cubs <飛虎> and Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2> at the same time. I had five cover stories in less than one month. When they weren’t love rumors, they were rumors of discord with my costars, and there was something new coming out every day. I had to make press statements, and I didn’t reserve any time for myself to rest and think. I felt very innocent, helpless, and I didn’t know what to do. I was not expecting a simple car seduction scene from a drama to be written in that way. For a woman, it really harms our reputation! It was too overboard!”

However, Christine did not give in to any second thoughts about leaving the industry to return home, to Canada. “If I left, that meant I lost to [the paparazzi]. I’ll rather spend my time to prove innocence.”

If it wasn’t for Christine’s mother, who encouraged her to compete for the Miss Chinese Toronto Pageant in 2008, Christine would have never competed for the Miss Chinese International Pageant, and would not have joined the entertainment industry. “I was a tomboy. Before coming to Hong Kong, I never had to put makeup on my face before. When I went to work, I dressed casually. Canada is a very relaxed place, and there was no need to dress up.”

Since joining the Hong Kong entertainment arena, Christine had tried going with thirty hours without sleep, which she described as an experience that “literally sucked out my soul at the end of the day…when people called me I couldn’t even hear them. I was just a shell.”

Christine had also experienced betrayal. “I see it as part of growing up. Some people treated me nicely, but others only did it to get something out of me. It takes a while to learn how to handle them.”

No Plans for Dating

Following Christine’s rumor with Aaron, the Taiwan-born beauty was then claimed to be romantically involved with married businessman Stephen Au, who opened a diving school in Hong Kong.

“He is my diving instructor. He has instructed many colleagues in the entertainment industry before, such as Michael Tse. I believe that I am not active enough, so I decided to take horse riding and diving lessons, hoping that these talents will help me with my career.”

After her rumors with Michael, Christine’s parents had wanted her to retire from the industry. “They knew about my hectic work schedule and were greatly offended by the tabloid rumors, but now, they are beginning to understand the ways of the game. They trust and support me.”

Christine had acknowledged only one boyfriend since joining the industry – Come Home Love <愛·回家> star, Joey Law (羅天宇). Christine and Joey broke up early last year.

If Christine were to choose again, she prefers dating someone who does not belong to the entertainment business. Asked if she had pursuers, Christine admitted that she had some. “However, my career comes first. I really don’t want to date anyone at the moment.”

Source: Oriental Sunday 802 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

44 comments to Christine Kuo: “Aaron Kwok is Just a Colleague!”

1. advo says:

The HK media/TVB hype machine is very predictable. Everytime there’s a new batch of rising stars, they pick out one to create a bunch of romantic rumours/gossip.

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  2. AC says:

Actually, I think it was a mistake for her to go see him in concert because that only fanned the flames for the gossip. Wasn’t Raymond Lam’s gf outed since she went to his concert? Either Christine is very dumb, or very smart in that she knows that this will get more people talking about her.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • zoom replied:

she’s not stupid.. the way ahe commented about aaron’s hair and now this, she knew by attending aaron’s concert, she would push lynn out of his life and what type of woman would do such a thing? the ones that slept with the man

Login or Register before you can reply to zoom
      • lise replied:

She was invited to the concert. By her superiors.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
      • lise replied:

And she didn’t talk about his hair! What she meant was that he’s not her type. She admitted to dating Joey Law.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
      • asdfjkl; replied:

attending the concert was a lose-lose situation.
        if she went, tabloids will make up rumors about how she’s competing with lynn and there to support aaron.
        if she didn’t go, tabloids will also make up rumors about how she’s trying to hide and hiding = being the third party.

Login or Register before you can reply to asdfjkl;
      • lise replied:

@asdfjkl; going to the concert will provide media with photographic evidence, although refusing is nearly as bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
  3. daisy says:

my, christine kuo’s not that pretty, chow yuan fatt’s ex girlfriend, idy chan and his ex wife, candice yu were prettier, don’t know why the people make such a big deal out of her, yawn

Login or Register before you can reply to daisy
    • lise replied:

They promote her because she won two pageants.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
  4. sel_fi_wu says:

can’t stand christine much for her acting and think her weak and naive self if true isn’t suitable for this industry! you shouldn’t cry over every single rumour!

her looks is ok but overrated. calling her goddess is pushing it too far.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
    • sel_fi_wu replied:

she’s also ruining beauty of war. her stiff face and non improving cantonese is really jarring.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • lise replied:

I read in a magazine that Christine wasn’t able to film ancient series due to her Cantonese. Her first one was dubbed. So since she can film War and Beauty, she took it that it meant she improved. Not to mention that the directors sometimes even praise her acting. It’s not her fault.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
    • jeewaigor replied:

shes facing rumours that are ruining her career image and person in general.didnt you ever learn in high school that everytime a rumour starts it doesnt end good? her crying is just her reaction.
      and besides her crying is much more acceptable than a certain person crying out loud of happiness everytime a myolie wu article comes up.

Login or Register before you can reply to jeewaigor
  5. Larry 3 says:

change careers Christine!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • sel_fi_wu replied:

agree. she can’t act and is too weak for this industry!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • Angel replied:

Definitely and Sire Ma too. Actually, come to think of it, tvb should really find people who CAN act. But then again, it is Tvb so what can we expect.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angel
    • sushiroll replied:

mental midget

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
  6. irene says:

I’m not believing her who she says she is at all. How can someone at age 29 be so weak? It’s as if she’s making this fake personality as hk people loves damsel in distress. And she keeps dogding the question, “do you have arron’s number?” True, she did say that she isn’t the third party, but as she stated she didnt know they were dating, therefore, to her she was never the third party. It could also mean they got together when Aaron and Lynn broken up during that cooling period. THis is like Cyndi Wang claiming she wasnt the third party in Fierce’s wife’s actress’s relationship.

Have any of you ever seen Christine at any concerts besides Aaron? Isn’t it kind of suspicious that she would show up to that one SO publicity knowing all the media would be there and focus on her and lynn. THat;s telling something. She hasn’t been answering directly regarding questions of her relationship with aaron.

Last thing, she’s from Toronto…if anyone have been to toronto in Canada, everyone there dresses VERY in fashion and have at least minimal make up on. When I go to Toronto, I feel like a country girl because I’m from Ottawa (not as big as TOronto. considered a small city) and I walk into Eaton Centre or Pmall, and everyone there is dress all nicely and make up done perfectly while I’m wearing my jogging pants.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
    • lise replied:

Not in the suburbs of Toronto. She said Canada in general.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
      • lise replied:

*Not in the suburbs of Toronto. In the suburbs, a lot of people are casual (not all but most). She said Canada in general, that means compared to Hong Kong. The word fashion is relative. If you wear “jogging pants” you can still look presentable if you try.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
      • sandcherry replied:

I believe that Christine was from Toronto, or the Great Toronto area.

It is quite true if you go downtown Toronto (where Eaton Centre is located), people are dressed up better. There are many people living in Toronto, who dress very casually especially on weekends.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • lise replied:

And again she was invited to the concert by her superiors.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
    • WildBerries replied:

Fashion is a very personal thing, not everyone from a specific region dresses the same way or has the same taste. What you may consider fashionable may not be the same as others and vice versa. Same thing applies to makeup, not every single female has the patience to fuss with make up.

I suggest you take the subway during rush hour or visit the downtown metro area and see the diverse styles the city has to offer. You’d see a much different side to Toronto instead of women in stilettos and make up.

Login or Register before you can reply to WildBerries
      • sandcherry replied:

Good idea. Take a subway ride and you will see all kinds of people with different fashions and different cultures in Toronto. It is very cosmopolitan.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • UNI replied:

I’m from Toronto and I can tell you UNLESS your’e in certain parts of downtown Toronto, many don’t even know how to define fashion. BUT in Ottawa, hardly anyone takes the time to dress up. I am not going to lie that we’re more into appearance and style than Ottawa or smaller cities.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • ilike replied:

you ppl think too much. christine should not stop herself from doing regular activities just because of nosy ppl like yourselves, even enjoying a concert is a crime now? give me a break.

Login or Register before you can reply to ilike
    • asdfjkl; replied:

like @lise said, she was invited by her superior aka virgina lok. and i’m pretty sure she goes to other concert as well, but her going to aaron’s is more emphasized because the media wants to make up a bunch of rumors.

Login or Register before you can reply to asdfjkl;
    • Little fishy replied:

Right, if she answered the question ‘do u have Aaron’s phone number’ badly, there gone her future opportunity to work with the big names. Ppls would not want to work with her if she can’t handle the press. It’s best to not say a definitely yes or definitely no.
      I think you read into this too much, like someone said before, the concert is a lose lose situation, personally, if I was in her shoe, I would still go and enjoy the concert >_> the press will say whatever the hell they want anyway. Oh btw, if one don’t even know about whether the other has a gf means one is not even remotely interested in becoming the other one’s gf >_> I know I generally don’t care if someone has a gf or not >_> and if she grow up oversea, her personality might be quite open and friendly.
      Uh, I don’t even care about this chick but some of the comments here make me feel like you guys need to lay off >_>

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
  7. UNI says:

I cannot believe she said “to put things in a more optimistic way, rumors are a way of saying that you are valuable to the industry”

what value do you exactly contribute Christine? I ‘m sure you and everyone else know how pretty you are but your accent is horrendous and acting is so stiff.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
    • Little fishy replied:

Cos if she was totally not valuable like you think she is, the media would ignore her, but they are not. Seriously, stop nitpicking everything one person says.

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
  8. TVBFanatic says:

Is there anyone Christine hasn’t been linked to yet?

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  9. Michael says:

Be careful of these Christian girls…

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  10. dude says:

i think the h.k media is too harsh on her

Login or Register before you can reply to dude
    • Bing San replied:

and the jealous girls on this website

Login or Register before you can reply to Bing San
      • ping san replied:

haha, nobody’s jealous, just can’t stand fake character and lousy acting

Login or Register before you can reply to ping san
      • sushiroll replied:

True, no one’s jealous here. An artist is just like any product or service. So if the product or service isn’t up to standards, than we have every right to complain and criticise.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
      • Little fishy replied:

No, they are not jealous, just a bunch of obsessive, small minded teenagers with too much time on their hand. Rolled eyes ~_~

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
  11. ronand cheng says:

she is a home wrecker. pity ah lynn. AK is hamsap lou.

Login or Register before you can reply to ronand cheng
  12. joe sing says:

Bro, give me 5! you speak my heart out. AK really a hamsap lou

Login or Register before you can reply to joe sing
  13. soph says:

seriously….why bother stirring up a news like this when its obvious this lady has affair(s) with top tvb executive! how can a talentless actress like her get roles in almost every other TVB series???

Login or Register before you can reply to soph
    • lise replied:

Except for Sarah Song, TVB only promotes pageant winners. Sarah Song has lots of hosting opportunities though.

Login or Register before you can reply to lise
  14. dd says:

Haha, oh wow.
    The ugly mingers of the site finally come crawling out of the woodwork showing their ugly minger faces.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
  15. Ita says:

Something smell fishy. She doesn’t know Aaron dating Lynn?. I thought it’s open secret.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
    • jackyc replied:

liar! unacceptable home wrecker! should condemm her and she just an idiot.

Login or Register before you can reply to jackyc