Dropping 30 Pounds, Chow Yun Fat is Only Skin and Bones

By on March 29, 2014 in NEWS

On March 28, international film star Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) attended a promotional activity for a fashion brand, looking much skinnier than usual. Rumors say that Fat Gor lost over 40 pounds in the span of a few months, but the 58-year-old clarified that it was only 30 pounds.

“It’s 30 pounds. Since shooting From Vegas to Macau <賭城風雲> last year, all that is left of me is bones! I will not get any skinnier.” Fat Gor did not specifically explain why he lost so much weight in the first place, but he did profess his love for food. “I love eating and I eat everything, from seafood, to meat, to veggies!”

Fat Gor said that now he has lost 30 pounds, he feels much more comfortable and healthier, joking, “I can walk faster now!” Fat Gor also has a love for hiking, and has established a routine of hiking hills every week.

Fat Gor: “Nicholas Tse is a God”

It has been nearly three decades since Fat Gor last starred in a local Hong Kong film. Wong Jing’s (王晶) Lunar New Year gambling movie From Vegas to Macau, which opened in Hong Kong on January 30, was therefore considered to be Fat Gor’s reintroduction to the Hong Kong film industry.

Fat Gor praised his costar Nicholas Tse (謝霆鋒), sharing that he was one of the reasons why he agreed to take part in the film. Asked if he would want to work with Nicholas again in another film, Fat Gor explained that it would depend on Nicholas’ schedule and the film’s script. “[Nicholas] is a very picky person. Right now, he is busy flying around the world to do a food program.” Fat Gor said Nicholas had asked him if he was interested in making a guest appearance on his show, but Fat Gor’s schedule was too tight.

He said he never tried Nicholas’ cooking, and revealed that Nicholas only ate boiled eggs on set. “He doesn’t need to eat anything else. He’s a god!”

Fat Gor is currently shooting the drama film Contemporary Musical Design for Living <華麗上班族>, directed by Johnnie To (杜琪峯) and starring Sylvia Chang (張艾嘉), Eason Chan (陳奕迅), and Tang Wei (湯唯). “The costume designer told me I have to lose more fat on my cheeks. Now I can’t eat for the next ten days!” Fat Gor added with a laugh.

In regards to his weight loss, Fat Gor’s wife and manager, Jasmine Tan (陳薈蓮), said, “It’s enough. He needs to stop!”

Source: Sina.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

20 comments to Dropping 30 Pounds, Chow Yun Fat is Only Skin and Bones

Why has he lost so much weight? He did look a tad haggard. Pressure?

2. Panzer says:

I hope he is well and not battling some illness. Just hope he stays healthy and happy.
    I don’t know anyone who would care if he were overweight or not; not that he ever was.

Login or Register before you can reply to Panzer
    • kiwi replied:

Agreed!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
      • kiwi replied:

They do look good and happy together. Just too bad that they didn’t have children of their own.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  3. megamiaow says:

WEll, he certainly looks better than his better self imo. I cant really see a skin and bones issue least in the picture above.

Login or Register before you can reply to megamiaow
    • pandamao replied:

Click on the link provided and he really looks thin in that picture.

I liked his chubby look actually .. and now he’s so thin and old that I’m a bit bothered by it.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  4. Pete says:

Hope Fat Gor will live healthy. Don’t push himself too hard.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pete
  5. john says:

never liked him.

Login or Register before you can reply to john
    • richardkcc replied:

You are a drop in the ocean so who cares.

Login or Register before you can reply to richardkcc
      • tvbfan4life replied:

Agreed John, Fat gor may be a winner in Asia but he is definitely a LOSER in the US. He has done ZERO box office hit in the US. Just google it for yourself and it’s not my opinion, it’s a fact. That’s why no producer wants to invest in this guy in any US movies as a lead actor. Thank god he realizes it and stay in Asia for the rest of his life.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan4life
    • Manutsay replied:

I love him!

Login or Register before you can reply to Manutsay
  6. john says:

in terms of acting

Login or Register before you can reply to john
  7. P. Tan says:

By the way is that his wife in the photo? I’llnever forget him in the 1st ever TB series I watched, “Man in the Net” with Dodo Cheng”. He looked like that then, thin and handsome!

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • Amanda replied:

Hi, its great that someone else remembered “Man in the Net”. That was one of the best TVB dramas I have seen and I thought Chow had great charisma and really gelled with Dodo Chen. I agree with you, he really looked thin and very handsome back then. He was also great in “The Bund” with Angie Chiu.

Login or Register before you can reply to Amanda
      • llwy12 replied:

Yup…”The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” (aka “Man in the Net”) is one of my favorite series as well (gosh, time sure does fly…can’t believe that series was made more than 35 years ago!). That was the series that really made me ‘fall in love’ with Fat Gor and Dodo as an onscreen couple…I can totally see why television audiences at that time were so smitten with the couple that they wrote hundreds of letters a day to TVB requesting that Fat Gor’s character reunite with Dodo’s character in the end!

I actually think that Fat Gor looks a bit too much on the thin side in the above pics (he’s still tall and handsome, but looks thinner than he was back in the day)…I think if he gains a few pounds, it will balance things out perfectly. In any case, as long as he is healthy, that’s all that matters.

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  8. sophia says:

He looks healthy but a bit thin. Perhaps he could put on a few pounds then he would look perfect but then health is the most important. If he is healthy, it doesn’t matter. Yeah, he is one of the greatest actors.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  9. irene says:

Jasmine has the lisa wong look.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
  10. P. Tan says:

Yes, that was what I wanted to say too.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  11. Hannahh says:

ohh stay healthy fat gor! support u!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  12. Lulu says:

stay healthy fat gorr! wish to see you more

Login or Register before you can reply to Lulu