Hunky Men Dominate “Tiger Cubs”; Drama to Air on June 24th!

By on June 14, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

TVB will be airing its new action drama, Tiger Cubs <飛虎>, on Sunday June 24th in Hong Kong! The cast boasts hunky stars, Joe Ma (馬德鐘), Him Law (羅仲謙), Vincent Wong (王浩信), William Chak (翟威廉), and Oscar Leung (梁烈唯) as members of the Special Duties Unit, nicknamed as the “Flying Tigers” unit. The men promised to tear off their shirts to reward fans should the drama’s ratings prove to be exceptional!

Aside from the thrilling action, Jessica Hsuan (宣萱), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and Christine Kuo (茍芸慧) add to the star power of the cast of Tiger Cubs.

Thrilling Action and Intricate Love Relationships

Working in the Special Duties Unit of the Hong Kong Police Department for many years, Chin Ho To (Joe Ma) served as the A-Team leader. Despite his strict demands, his “Tiger Cubs” admired Ho To for his heroic feats and loyalty. Ho To was especially demanding towards subordinates, Yu Hok Lai (Him Law) and Yau Chun Hin (Vincent Wong), hoping to shape them into star performers of the SDU unit.

Although Ho To and Chong Cheuk Yuen (Oscar Leung) were good brothers,  will Ting Wai Wai (Christine Kuo) come between the friends? Wai Wai was originally Ho To’s girlfriend, but she soon falls for the cheerful Cheuk Yuen. To save his friendship with Ho To, Cheuk Yuen even feigns a romance with So Man Keung (Mandy Wong). Will the love rectangle spiral out of control, hurting even more hearts?

Collaborating on a case together, Ho To grows closer to the solitary Chong Cheuk Wah (Jessica Hsuan), the Organized Crime and Triad Bureau (OCTB) Inspector. Cheuk Wah is also Cheuk Yuen’s elder sister. Despite her tough shell, Cheuk Wah was deeply scarred by the death of her ex-boyfriend, who was killed by dangerous criminals many years ago. Ho To glimpses into Cheuk Wah’s wounded heart and sees flashes of himself. A special bond forms between the pair….

Tiger Cubs promises thrilling action and big explosions. Hunky TVB actors will flaunt big guns as they combat the most dangerous criminals in Hong Kong! Sporting a massive tattoo on his neck, Kenneth Ma (馬國明) will guest star as a dangerous bank vault robber  who takes hostages on a bus. This may be Kenneth’s most ruthless character in his career to-date!

Joe Ma and Hunky Cast to Tear Off Shirts

If the ratings for TVB drama prove to be exceptional, Joe Ma promised to lead the male cast in tearing off their shirts to reward fans! Sporting an enviable 42-inch muscular chest, Him Law quipped, “If the ratings of Tiger Cubs are ideal, I will support Joe Ma! I will join the men in showing our muscles!” However, Him said that he lacked the time to exercise his body recently, so he will need to train for a fitter figure before revealing his muscles.

Causing a media circus earlier, wealthy gay businessman, Lau Ding Sing (劉定成), claimed that he had photographed numerous muscular actors in topless photos. Aside from Him Law, it was revealed that William Chak had addressed Mr. Lau as his “Godfather,” who happened to have paid for William’s birthday party expenses.

Mr. Lau allegedly claimed that he had also photographed Joe Ma for his private viewing pleasure. Joe replied, “I started working as a model when I was 18 to 19 years old. My first fashion show was for a swimwear brand. Of course, I have shot swimming briefs photos! But I do not know Mr. Lau! Does he wish to drag the entire Tiger Cubs cast into the scandal?”

Multi-million Dollar Production

Each episode of Tiger Cubs will run 90 minutes, in which an independent case will be featured. TVB spent a splashy $10 million HKD to produce each episode of the drama. The 13-episode drama will first air on Sundays in June, before expanding its broadcast slot to include both Saturday and Sunday evenings.

TVB described the production of Tiger Cubs to resemble a television movie, due to its high production cost, length of episode, and show format resembling overseas syndicated television series.  Since I-Cable secured the broadcasting rights of the London 2012 Olympics this summer, Tiger Cubs was TVB’s answer to strengthen its weekend ratings .

Source: ihktv.com

Jayne: Female audiences may need to stay home on weekends to watch Tiger Cubs! More than anything, I wish to see Kenneth Ma as a ruthless criminal!

91 comments to Hunky Men Dominate “Tiger Cubs”; Drama to Air on June 24th!

1. Daisy says:

This show seems so interesting!! I’m so excited for it! I’m looking forward to Kenneth’s appearance the most! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  2. Lucia says:

I like police series; therefore, I will watch this serie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lucia
  3. Fox says:

I bet that the series will have many many topless scenes to make the girls jump and make the rating soar.

But I’d rather watch Ruco Chan as ruthless criminal or series killer than MM. Recently, MM’s images are always with the puppy eyes, hard to imagine him as a ruthless killer. Ruco Chan has this look, might be more convincing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Hannah replied:

Ditto! Ruco suits villain roles. Raymond Wong also fits the bill.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • Fox replied:

Raymond Wong looks a bit too pale.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • josie replied:

I know, Kenneth can’t scare anyone w/ his puppy dog eyes. It’s like “killing me softly”.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • YanYanKong replied:

Yeah! Kenneth really needs to learn to do the Raymond Lam eyes cause his eyes looked so droopy and bored in On Call 36. His not sharp looking eye kinda took away from his acting cause he’s a doctor, not a spoiled and lazy young man who is half asleep most of the time.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • fiona replied:

jessica hsuan has praised ma ming’s ruthless performance in this series

4. Hannahh says:

OMG i can’t wait to see those HOT n Sexy Bodies! I didn’t know Vincent has such a hot bod.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • Summer replied:

Love your comment. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Summer
    • Rain nie replied:

Yeah! I am looking forward to see Vincent too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Rain nie
  5. Aly says:

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
    • jayne replied:

Aly,
      “Not only will the ladies be watching this, but I bet Lau Ding Sing will be watching this every week!”

Thumbs up for your comment! 🙂 Him’s muscles are quite awesome. I really prefer him topless than clothed.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • jayne replied:

Hopefully Him’s recent success due to his muscular torso will make more TVB actors spend time lifting weights. As an actor, you simply have to capitalize on presenting your best side forward. Your looks is part of market appeal, along with some talent of course.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Aly replied:

Haha, Jayne, I just had to make that comment because Mr Lau wouldn’t need to pay to see Him and William topless in this series. Why wouldn’t he take advantage of this opportunity?

And as scandalous as Him may be, I think we are going to still see him as one of the most promoted actors in the next few years. It’s hard to find an actor with that body nowadays. And his acting is slowing maturing. Although his acting still needs improvement, he’s comfortable to watch and definitely provides some eye candy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aly
      • jayne replied:

Aly,
        “And as scandalous as Him may be, I think we are going to still see him as one of the most promoted actors in the next few years.”

Agree, Him seems to fill a void that other TVB actors do not have. Is it the hunky playfulness? The offbeat onscreen charisma?

“It’s hard to find an actor with that body nowadays.”

Men’s muscles are not that hard to build. Just ingest lots of protein and be consistent with the weight lifting. A guy’s body is a lot more responsive to exercise and body building then a woman trying to lose weight. Women have very stubborn fat pockets.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Fox replied:

Thumb up! The comment of the day.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Summer replied:

LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Summer
    • Funn Lim replied:

Does he need to? Since he already seen at least one of them up close and personal. He will say “Bah humbug! That is nothing, compared to my precioussssssssssssssssss”.

6. Vivien says:

Great series! Will watch this for the awesome torsos and actions!

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  7. Larry 3 says:

Actually TVB rejected i-Cable’s Olympic televised event. http://www.onscreenasia.com/article/tvb-rejects-i-cable-s-london-2012-olympics-broadcast-proposal-calls-for-negotiation/9970

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Larry 3 replied:

Forgot to add; Stupid TVB!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  8. Cee says:

Can’t wait to watch this *_* basically all of the hottest men in one show!

Login or Register before you can reply to Cee
  9. jessie says:

TVB should get the girls go topless as well

Login or Register before you can reply to jessie
    • Larry 3 replied:

That is really good idea!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Fox replied:

And Him Him will watch it carefully everyday?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Tony replied:

Asians gals do not fetch much commercial value for being topless unless they go to shoot a complete seexx scene.!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony

This is like HK version’s idol drama. Not sure if I will be watching unless the acting is good. I can zoom into 3 guys who can act but what about the female?

• josie replied:

Really Funn? U won’t give this series a peek? 😛
      Is your Him Him 1 of the 3 guys who can act?

What Joe ma said about tearing off their shirts, makes me think of that male stripper movie “magic mike”.

Anyway, this 1 case per episode format sounds like the ICAC series. Should be good.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
    • vivien replied:

Funn this is a must watch! Didnt you say you love himhim and vincent and KM? they are great in here! Ignore the girls.

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • vivien replied:

My sugestion: skip Linda and Bosco’s low budget WI for good and watch this series which look 1000times better

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • Funn Lim replied:

Ok ok I will watch, like a peek first. I can’t help NOT missing Linda’s series in a sense like watch 1 episode then decide. It is almost always the smaller more personal sort of series that always made the biggest impact on me.

• fiona replied:

@Funn: agree with vivien’s suggestion. Linda and Bosco’s series look bad and done terribly.

Besides Linda and Bosco are ugly and Lau Ka Ho is a crappy producer for serious drama. 3Kingdom is better because it’s a comedy. Tiger Cubs look better produced, have more meaningful and good plot and have a lot of cute and handsome men: Ma Ming, Him, Vincent, Oscar, Benjamin, William Chak, Joe Ma.

Don’t waste your time watching Linda who look plain and Bosco who is never known as eye candy in Witness. In my opinion, Tiger Cubs and 3 Kingdom are better series to pass time.

• Funn Lim replied:

Are the series out?

• fiona replied:

not yet out but comparing the premises, genres and producers, that’s the conclusion if you want a series with a good plot.

If you are a woman who want eye candies, Linda and Bosco are not known as beautiful stars and they look ugly on the poster. While Tiger Cubs is using so many young and hot guys with great bodies to be eye candies to women.

• Funn Lim replied:

But fiona, I want more than eye candy. If I want eye candy I can switch to KBS when korean actors take off their clothes every other episode. I want quality! I hope tiger cubs will be good acting 1st, eye candy 2nd if not, all those skins, are just fluke.

Ahhhh come on, Bosco ain’t that bad looking. To me he is more boring actor than ugly guy. Linda… you all know how I feel.

• Funn Lim replied:

If this series is premiering jun 24th, which series is ending? Master of Play?

• Kidd replied:

Is the Linda series air at the same time as Tiger Cub? Funn, why can’t you watch both?

Haha, I find it funny how fiona and vivien are trying hard to get Funn to watch Tiger Cub. Why so?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • fiona replied:

Do you like Linda? I respect your favourite but sorry imo she’s one of the most bland and boring actress in TVB. Tavia is another bland actress.

I’m just trying to give my insight about which series I think looks better.

• fiona replied:

Bosco’s skin is too dark and have dark lips. Glad he don’t appear much in TVB now. I also don’t like how Raymond looks now. I think Raymond really did something to his face he looks old and unnatural.

It’s better to watch those with healthier appearance. Ma Ming has nice skin colour and handsome face. Ruco looks old, but he’s very handsome. Glad TVB is promoting them 🙂

• Jayne replied:

Funn,
        “Tiger Cubs” is airing on weekend timeslot in HK. It will air on Sunday, June 24th. Then extend to both Saturday and Sundays in July. Not sure if this is how Malaysia will broadcast as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
  11. JustStoppingBy says:

Him may be eye candy, but my mother and I (after watching many, many TVB dramas) do not find Him to be the “one.” His looks over ride his acting too much. I hope i’m making sense. But sometimes you need the whole package. Look at the Korean actors. I am a die hard TVB fan, but after watching some Korean dramas, I realized TVB is lacking some “umph” in the actors.

Login or Register before you can reply to JustStoppingBy
    • Funn Lim replied:

Too much umph can be boring.Those Korean dramas’ actors sometimes feel like factory manufactured. They speak the same way, they look the same way, they even drag the girl along the same way. But the good ones are of course really good, but I do believe there are more bad actors in K-dramas than good ones. You must however hand it to them in the way they tailor made a series to make the leads look really really good to the point you wish you’re korean, that sort of mentality-brainwashing.

• stmlw20 replied:

I have to add to this..i used to be a diehard tvb fan watching every series…watching korean dramas lately myself and comparing tvb dramas… there seems to be something missing within the tvb actors and actresses

Login or Register before you can reply to stmlw20
  12. Kidd says:

Him Him’s arm muscles are way too big.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Funn Lim replied:

He looks ok, not yet grotesque. But why his arm looks big is because he has a small head. If his head is bigger, I am sure everything looks proportionate. Ahh I see Vincent Wong in the picture. Don’t know why but I feel this guy can really act but somehow not that promoted, yet. He is more flexible as an actor than Him Him or the young breeds. I am almost worried for Oscar Leung with all these display of flesh but I think there was some pictures of him having a nice body as well right? This is the series to see tan booths in action I tell ya!

• sport3888 replied:

Yes Oscar Leung also has a very fit body but he’s more skinny when standing next to the other guys. Well I’m sure he won’t lose out in acting skills!

Login or Register before you can reply to sport3888
      • DC replied:

Lol, I don’t even care about Oscar’s body. I like him as an actor and he’s funny, cute, and caring guy =) Will definitely watch it for his acting too!

Login or Register before you can reply to DC
      • Fox replied:

@DC: Yup, I like Oscar’s acting than his body :P. Just let Him Him do his job and Oscar with the cutesy and good acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox

I just noticed the title; Tiger Cubs. How apt. Is TVB feeding them milk? You know.. coo..coo..sort of way? Is this any clear indication like the revival of the 5 tigers time? Was it 4 tigers? Anyway are these few ones earmarked for greater promotion depending who gets more ads and such?

• Funn Lim replied:

So Joe Ma is now the obligatory old tiger now? Like passing on the mantle to younger ones? And I just again re-read the article and Jess is in it. That alone is reason enough to miss this one. Why must it be Jess? Are there no independend strong looking women in TVB?

14. Norika says:

Tiger Cubs seems to be a very “good looking” series! the picture posted here looks very nice and professional. Looking forward to it!

Login or Register before you can reply to Norika
  15. che says:

i thought bejamin was it it too, is he not?

Login or Register before you can reply to che
  16. lol says:

TVB spent a splashy $10 million HKD to produce each episode of the drama.

Who says TVB is stingy?

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • fiona replied:

I have a feeling this series will be great because TVB put a lot of money and effort in it

• Funn Lim replied:

My past experience tells me everytime TVB puts in a lot of money and effort = disaster in terms of storyline and acting. It is always those smaller series with one good lead and many good secondary actors that excels in terms of storytelling and performances. Always.

• fiona replied:

Him Law did a great job in Hippocratic Crush. He and Mandy are leading the younger generation now. Vincent Wong I remember was great in Gun Metal Grey. I love Carson and Nancy’s pairing. Benjamin Yuen and Mandy Wong also did a great job in Hippocratic Crush. So the acting won’t be bad.

• Fox replied:

But they put it in weekend slot =.=

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  17. YanYanKong says:

Vincent Wong does not have a good body. He looks a bit flabby or fat in this picture especially when compared to Him Law in this pic.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • Tony replied:

Vincent wong does not have a good body but he’s a really really real gentleman!

Him Law has nothing better than vincent except being famously known as a woman backside bashing addict!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
      • vivien replied:

Himhim: woman beater, lying nude model for old man
        Vincent: gentleman husband and dad

but Himhim is the more popular 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  18. fiona says:

I’ve been anticipating this series and I love that they make it like a movie for every episode.

• Tony replied:

I realize that you admire this Him Law like an addict. This guy is so fierce and so hateful. I don’t like that.

If you wanna to choose a muscular guy to fall in love, I would be pleasure to suggest you to go for Mark Cheng Ho Nam – strong, muscular, sexy and most of all has a kind of non-fiery and comfortable type of looking face! Even such a high taste high profile actress like Brigitte Lin was once almost fell in love with this guy! Great….

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
      • fiona replied:

I don’t admire Him but it’s evident that he’s one of the better younger generation that TVB is promoting after Hippocratic where he acted naturally.

19. Summer says:

Login or Register before you can reply to Summer
    • fiona replied:

ma ming look ruthless in the stills and Jessica also praised him :). The tattoo will make him look even more ruthless.

• Tony replied:

Whatever he is, I think kenneth ma looks perfectly cool to everyone of all ages & mentality.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tony
      • fiona replied:

ma ming is handsome, cool, and a fantastic actor. He and Ruco are the best in their generation 😀

• vivien replied:

Agreed! KM is great!

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
    • Jayne replied:

Summer,
      “Just saw the poster, Kenneth looks really cool and handsome. Let’s see if he can be a bad boy too. Lol”

The Three Kingdoms RPG poster is beautiful. Kenneth appears to be a smart-mouth lazy guy in the series, addicted to playing games. The trailer on youtube is quite funny.

This series will allow us to see Kenneth’s humorous side, which I find him to have a very funny sense of humor in real life. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
      • vivien replied:

“This series will allow us to see Kenneth’s humorous side, which I find him to have a very funny sense of humor in real life.”

Yay!

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  20. Charbydis says:

Can’t wait for June 24th!

Seems like the perfect cast! (drool)

Login or Register before you can reply to Charbydis
  21. Jax says:

I am excited for this!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jax
  22. Monica says:

Woah another guest star by Kenneth Ma! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Monica
    • fiona replied:

ma ming did an excellent job in first episode. He makes a hot and ruthless villain but he loves his wife JJ. He’s very convincing! Breajthrough acting for ma ming and yes lots of people are praising ma ming and JJ now. JJ surprisingly did very well and convincing

• fiona replied:

the first Tiger episode got praised for the convincing and great quality and averaged at 29 points!

• josie replied:

Is 29 pts good for wknd ratings? It’ll probably be higher on the shower scene episode.

Kenneth’s guest appearance was too short to think much of it. JJ’s cleavage was more eye-catching than him.

Btw, how come Jessica dress like ICAC? Black and white only.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • fiona replied:

Tiger was aired late and in weekend so 29 is good. netizens are praising the fast pace story, movie quality and action quality and surprised this is a TVB series

Ma ming generate lots if noise praising him for his great acting and handsome looks. He’s the best villain TVB ever had since the 2000s.

• Funn Lim replied:

“He’s the best villain TVB ever had since the 2000s.”

Fiona, seriously do tone down your excitement. That is one big claim to make and it may turn off potential viewers.

• Fox replied:

@josie: 29 can be considered as not too bad even to a normal slot :P.

But I dun like the first eps of Tiger Cubs is kinda so-so. I like JJ Jia’s performance and find Joe Ma is rather hot than he himself in other modern series. Maybe Joe Ma should act in more cop series in the future. His G4 past helped him to make his acting is convincing than normal.

But, the content isn’t anything special. I can’t feel the movie feeling in it at all. It’s still very “drama”.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • vivien replied:

29 ratings mean good for weekend? Congrats to them

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • a-pop replied:

agree the all actor and actress do wonderful acting and even JJ jia acting not bad. JJ jia have good expression and less dialogue making her more watchable. However the story line quite so so. Maybe because series too straight forward and very predictable. But enjoy the SDU battle with Kenneth scene. So intense

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
      • Fox replied:

Can’t say that 29 is good or bad because Tiger Cubs have a special airing slot. So can’t compare.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • lol replied:

JJ jia surprises. She should try more of this type of characters and less dialogues help her.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  23. Rain nie says:

Vincent yeah!

Login or Register before you can reply to Rain nie
  24. fiona says:

first episode was superb. Ma ming is excellent as a villain.

Him reminded me of Him in Hippocratic Crusb.

• Funn Lim replied:

Huh? Already started?!?!?

• fiona replied:

you will fell for ma ming’s amazing acting and hotness

• vivien replied:

KM hot like how? LOL and did Himhim and his friends showed their abs in the first episode? 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • DC replied:

Don’t know how to answer your first question, but Him did show his abs in the first episode….. and there will be more to come.

Login or Register before you can reply to DC