Lee San-san Hints That She’s Dating a Woman

By on May 28, 2016 in NEWS

Lee San-san Hints That She’s Dating a Woman

Miss Hong Kong 1996 winner Lee San-san (李珊珊), who’s been out of the public eye for quite some time, is surging back into the spotlight thanks to TVB’s midnight rerun of the 1999 drama, Man’s Best Friend <寵物情緣>.

The 38-year-old former beauty queen’s private life used to be the center of gossip, but after her high-profile 2006 breakup with martial arts actor Chin Ka-lok (錢嘉樂), as well as her involvement in a plethora of other love rumors afterwards, San-san regressed to a more quiet private life.

Man’s Best Friend brought San-san back to the public’s attention, and gossip circles are back to being curious about her life after TVB. According to rumors, San-san’s quiet decision to leave the entertainment industry was because she was diagnosed with brain cancer; a while back, she was spotted visiting a clinic with a married man.

But rumors are often not true, and San-san used her official Weibo to clarify the misreporting.

“Firstly, I do not have brain cancer. Secondly, as I stated ten years ago, I will try to avoid talking about my private life to the public,” said San-san in her statement. “I do not want to reply to the same thing over and over again, and also do not want to repeat the same thing over and over again. I do not want to have to keep on clarifying. This is something I do not want to experience again.”

To end all speculation about her love life, San-san stated boldly, “I do have someone I love now, but this person is not from the entertainment industry. I have not dated the opposite sex in the past four years.” With this message, it appears that San-san may have just outed herself as a lesbian.

Reporters quickly phoned San-san for further clarification. In regards to her rumors with a marry man, she said, “He is a friend I’ve known for many years. He got married four years ago and has a kid.” (You mentioned that your lover is not from the entertainment industry, and that you haven’t dated the opposite sex in four years. Are you dating someone of the same sex?) “I know what I’m doing. I have nothing further to comment.” (When did your sexuality change?) “No comment!”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Lee San-san Hints That She’s Dating a Woman

• Elaine Yiu Blasted for Calling Kayi Cheung a "Pork Chop"(95)

• 27 comments to Lee San-san Hints That She’s Dating a Woman

1. bubbletea says:

Her statements clearly confirm she is dating a woman.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
    2. funnlim says:

Or maybe she is just saying for sake of saying.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
    3. bubbletea says:

Knowing the stigma associated with same gender relationships , I don’t think any Chinese would put themselves on the chopping block like that, just for the sake of saying.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
    4. sassy says:

This is stupid. I’ve had friends that said stuff like ‘I haven’t had a boyfriend for 10 months.’ Or ‘I haven’t had a serious relationship with guys in years’. Never once did I assume they were talking about joining the ‘other team’ with a start of a new relationship. She was saying she hasn’t dated guys in the past 4 years but now there’s someone she likes. The person now could still be a guy. Smh at the reader’s play on her words.

Login or Register before you can reply to sassy
      • bubbletea replied:

@sassy you are so right. This is stupid, what is some people thinking , what is those reporters thinking. This is a Chinese lady, not an Ellen DeGeneres or Queen latifah from Hollywood. It is definitely a man she is speaking of.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
      • @sassy There is a difference between saying “I haven’t had a boyfriend/dated in anyone in 4 years” and letting people know that 1) she’s in love AND going out of their way to say “I haven’t dated anyone OF THE OPPOSITE SEX in the past four years.”

It’s not hard to put two and two together.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
        • bubbletea replied:

@peanutbutterjelly well said
          It is easy to understand that she is dating another woman. Or as you said perhaps bi?

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbletea
        • sassy replied:

@peanutbutterjelly true. She’s saying something like ‘I haven’t dated the opposite sex in years. But NOW I’m dating.’ It really could mean anything. She could be dating the opposite sex now or she could be dating someone of the same sex. Plus substituting the word opposite sex with men/boyfriend in her sentence doesn’t change the ambigious meaning. Also the order of the sentences might matter. If she said ‘I like some now, but I haven’t dated the opposite sex in years’. It does slight different meaning from ‘I haven’t dated the opposite sex in years but now I have someone I like’. Really depends what word she used in the interview. Either way it doesn’t affect me. Whatever she likes.

Login or Register before you can reply to sassy
        • wokeah replied:

@peanutbutterjelly Do you mind naming them? There’s so much stigma surrounding the LGBTQIA+, especially in the Chinese film community. I would really love to see more representation!

Login or Register before you can reply to wokeah
      • funnlim replied:

@sassy True. That’s why need to hear original chinese interview. She doesn’t come across as terribly bright to me, so perhaps mistaken use of words.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
    5. peachyogurt says:

Can someone tell me why did Lee San San and Chin Ka Lok break up?

Login or Register before you can reply to peachyogurt
    6. “San-san may have just outed herself as a lesbian”

Bisexuals exist.

Bisexuals exist.

Bisexuals exist.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
    7. funnlim says:

Maybe… well if she is heterosexual, maybe she is just saying she isn’t dating anyone. I mean it is possible for an attractive woman to live a lonely asexual live.

Gotta see the chinese version of the interview. Sometimes translation may be inaccurate.

She is not bisexual. If she is with a woman now, she is a lesbian.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
    8. elizabeth says:

Is that a recent photo? If is, she still looks pretty good.

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
    9. vodka says:

very stunning picture even though it’s old … TVB should bring her back lol

Login or Register before you can reply to vodka
    10. anon says:

So she’s a lesbian or bi. Big deal! In other news…

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    11. janet72 says:

so she is the one who was once with chin ka lok.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    12. onlyyou says:

It could mean that she has found a love of life, a man and not necessarily same sex. Her statement that she has not dated opposite sex, may only mean she has not been with other, still with that very man.

Conversely, the love of her life is a female, which is just as valid.

Without her further statement, it is difficult to argue which one is true.

Login or Register before you can reply to onlyyou
    13. kidd says:

I read the source article. From the wordings, Lee San San could just have meant she has not dated anyone in 4 years, but, now she has someone. But, her giving a noncommittal answer instead of outright denial when the reporter asked whether she’s having relationship with the same sex is very suspicious.

Well, she’s not the first one who changed direction half way. Susanna Kwan did it. Kristen Stewart did it. No big deal.

Login or Register before you can reply to kidd
    14. happybi says:

I find it interesting that she answer the question like that. Why the need to say “opposite sex” unless she is implying she is seeing someone of the same sex? Doesn’t mstter really as long as she is happy. But yes she is a bisexual and not a lesbian imo.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi