Linda Chung and Edwin Siu Kiss Underneath A Table

By on October 20, 2011 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Linda Chung  (鍾嘉欣), Steven Ma (馬浚偉), and Edwin Siu (蕭正楠)filmed for TVB series, Lucky Father  <當旺爸爸> yesterday. The scene spoke of Linda and Edwin inadvertently sharing a romantic kiss underneath a table. Steven Ma revealed that he was still discussing his early contract termination request with TVB, hoping to settle the issue before heading to mainland China.

Steven Ma, Linda Chung, and Edwin Siu filmed at a restaurant in the Tsim Sha Tsui district yesterday. In Lucky Father, the trio was embroiled in a love triangle. In the scene filmed, Linda realized that Steven’s character possessed a cough and offered a piece of candy to him. However, Linda accidentally dropped the candy and when Edwin tried to pick up the candy, he “accidentally” kissed her on the mouth instead!

Asked whether he had refreshed his mouth prior to the kissing scene, Edwin laughed, “No, there’s no need to do so.” (Did it feel good to kiss Linda?) “Why don’t you ask her?” Linda replied, “We only brushed lips lightly. This is a light-hearted comedy, so there will not be any overly passionate scenes.”

Encouraged Raymond Lam to Become More Mature After Heartbreak

The reporter asked Linda whether she had tried to comfort rumored ex-love, Raymond Lam (林峯),after he admitted in suffering hurt feelings [since bed photos with Mavis Pan 潘霜霜 surfaced]. Linda said, “I hope he recovers soon. It is good for a young man to have more experience.” (To make Raymond more mature?) “Yes, that applies too.”  (Did Linda offer Raymond her sympathy?) “If we were to see each other and he mentions the issue, then I will offer my sympathy.”

Steven Ma Blunt on Departure

Steven Ma revealed that he will be heading to mainland China for filming later and thus, will not be attending the TVB Anniversary celebrations. Asked about the progress in discussing his early contract termination with TVB, Steven noted, “TVB put in a lot of efforts to discuss the matter with me. The process has been enjoyable. I hope that the path for the future will be settled prior to my mainland trip. Once a decision has been reached, I will announce it to everyone.” (Did City Telecom’s Chairman, Ricky Wong 王維基, seek you out?) “I did meet with him and consider it as a chance to meet a new friend.”

During an outtake scene between Edwin Siu and Linda Chung, a production crew member wanted to induce a relaxed atmosphere and joked, “Relax, someone please hurry with the ‘parting glances’ (離別秋波)!” Upon which, Steven Ma immediately corrected, “It’s not parting, but impending departure (臨別秋波) instead!” Steven’s words were full of overtones!

Source: Oriental Daily

Jayne: Edwin Siu appears to be promoted to supporting actor and taking on roles of greater significance. Do you support Edwin taking on larger and perhaps even leading roles?

42 comments to Linda Chung and Edwin Siu Kiss Underneath A Table

1. MEL says:

CUUTE

Login or Register before you can reply to MEL
  2. Lily says:

I like Edwin. I remember him from Aqua Heroes, which wasn’t a great series but it was cute with Leila and Bosco haha. So yes, I do think he should have more chances. He’s quite good looking in my opinion. (I am watching Forensic Heroes III and omg Aimee does not match with him. Her acting is horrible.)

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
    • Chriselle replied:

Edwin’s acting has improved throughout the years. I didn’t like him in Aqua Heroes although his indecisive character may played a part in that. He is also more attractive now, hehe!

I think Aimee is out of place in here. She doesn’t have the look of a professional forensic expert here. There are only selective cute and happy-go-lucky roles I can see Aimee in. Her accent makes that seem even more so. I much prefer to see Selena in this role instead. She had cute chemistry with Edwin in When the Easterly Showers Fall on the Sunny West (or something like that lol) and she was very well-liked in FH2.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
      • Kidd replied:

I don’t like Aimee in the first 2 episodes of FH3. But, after watching 8 episodes, I don’t mind her now. She suits her character, who is an CBC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • josie replied:

In the first few episodes, it irritated me when Angel kept saying “u Chinese people”. I know she’s a CBC but she’s still a Chinese person who speaks Chinese. And supposed to be an educated person, no less.

Yes, selena would’ve been better suited for the professional role but her character Cat in FH2 was too memorable. Unless she goes back to law school and filled the role of pro sir’s wife.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Kidd replied:

@ josie

Doesn’t matter. The guy who kidnapped Madam Ma’s brother also came back as a gay guy who blackmail his father in-law.

Later Madam Ma’s brother will also appear in FH3.

😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • Masaharu replied:

Although Aimee has a fresh outlook appearance, she might be hindered by her lack of Cantonese proficiency. Plus her fiasco with Moses may helped her gain visibility, but may not help her to gain a positive image.

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
    • karen replied:

I agree, I like Edwin ever since I watched him in Aqua Heroes. This is quite random, but I think he looks like Hawick Lau. I hope TVB promotes him more, because he seems to be underrated.

Login or Register before you can reply to karen
      • Yee replied:

He’s kissing Linda Chung in a drama, I believe he is being promoted, and is not underrated anymore!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • cinsin replied:

I remember Edwin from Aqua Heroes, I actually first noticed him there and thought that he would have more significant roles later on but I don’t think TVB gave him that chance.

I guess that’s probably because he came out as a Singer more than an Actor.

I do hope TVB promote him more as he has definitely improved in his acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to cinsin
  3. uyenta says:

oooo steven would be jealous lol

Login or Register before you can reply to uyenta
  4. WhoAmI says:

I would love to have Aimee Chan as my lover but to watch her acting. .. Well…she is cute

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
  5. random G says:

tvb always has scenes like that, where 1 girl and guy “accidentally” kiss. either due to tripping or picking something up at the same time, etc.

Login or Register before you can reply to random G
    • Canto replied:

Yeah, in real life have never seen anyone “accidentally” kissed before.

Nor have I ever “tripped” and been saved by anyone before… More probably the onlookers will be laughing if someone tripped. One felt embarrassed and not romantic.

TV has lots of coincidences.

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
    • exoidus replied:

haha that’s true at least they don’t accidentally french kissing, LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • josie replied:

How about 2 guys accidentally kissing?

I was waiting for ray and bobby’s kiss in MWNS but it turned out to be only an almost kiss. I guess ray wants to wait for a better looking guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Fox replied:

He gave his kiss to Han Tung :P.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • josie replied:

Who?

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Fox replied:

Chinese actor, see here:

(the guy behind him)

The actor’s real name is Han Tung.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • josie replied:

Oh, the old CPR trick. I guess it’s better than tripping and falling onto someone’s lips.

But I’m disappointed… I always thought his first would be Ron.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Fox replied:

Ron did kizz twice but through space. 🙁 that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Addy replied:

Bobby and Raymond almost kissed in MWNS? What episode? LOL. I never managed to MWNS.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • kkyu replied:

I like Han Dong best in The Legend and The Hero II & II. He is the most handsome Erlang Shen (someone may mention Feng Shao Feng here, but I think he’s not as manly as Han Dong in order to fit the role of Erlang Shen).

Login or Register before you can reply to kkyu
      • HeTieShou replied:

Oh you mean Han Dong. I really like him as well and loved him most in Feng Shen Bang as Yang Jian. That was my first time seeing him. He looks nice in modern series too. He was in Bitter Coffee with Hu Ge and was really sweet in there. He also played Jiu Ah Ge in BBJX.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Canto replied:

Yah, you know the classic – girl suddenly trips and the guy saves her from falling, and there is a slow mo as they fly through space, staring lovingly into each others’ eyes…

Hahaha

Login or Register before you can reply to Canto
      • Yee replied:

Yet in real life, there is no time for any of those movements…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
  6. Chriselle says:

Don’t think he can handle leading series (yet), but I don’t mind him playing first supporting! 😀 I think he is better looking than many other actors TVB tried to promote in recent years. Prefer him over Lai Lok Yi, Stephen Wong, etc. He has a good grasp of Canto, his acting is quite lively and fun to watch. However, he has been getting more interesting characters so he’s been quite lucky, hehe! If promoting him to lead means giving him boring roles, then keep him in the supporting category! 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
    • Iris replied:

I would love to see him pair up again with Selena. Now that you mention it, I definitely agree that he is lively and fun to watch! 🙂 Both Lai Lok Yi and Stephen Wong put in effort towards their performance, they just lack charm. Lai Lok Yi is boring, and although Stephen CAN be lively at times, he still comes off as awkward and uncomfortable at times. Perhaps picking Kevin as his role model wasn’t the best idea. 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris
      • lol replied:

I agree too. He’s better than Lai Lok Yi and Stephen.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  7. Summer says:

I am quite impressed with how much Edwin improved his acting. I think he is good and should be given more opportunity. He has the look and he is also a singer too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Summer
  8. Eunice says:

Yes, I do support Edwin in taking larger supporting roles. He used to be a singer and it’s a pity that he isn’t anymore because I thought he was a good singer. I remember him saying in an interview that he still really like singing. It’s nice to see that TVB is giving him these chances. Although I think he’s not yet ready for leading roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Eunice
  9. lve88 says:

I hope Steven ma and linda chung end up getting married in Lucky Father

Login or Register before you can reply to lve88
  10. Addy says:

I’m sure Edwin is capable of being lead actor material. It won’t be his first time anyways. He has had a few lead roles in the past when he was still working in the mainland.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
    • lol replied:

Why did he come back to TVB? Staying in mainland would’ve given him more money and independence, and leading roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Addy replied:

I really don’t know. Maybe he felt like his mainland career was failing? Although I never watched them, it didn’t seem to me that his mainland dramas ever got popular. Maybe he decided to return to TVB to start anew? But it’s not like Edwin’s completely halting his mainland career either – his two newer mainland dramas, the ones he filmed after returning to TVB, were really well-received in the mainland. Although they were supporting roles, they were pretty major characters – in “A Weaver on the Horizon”, he was the main character’s husband, and in “The Vigilantes in Masks”, he was the main villain.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Addy replied:

Actually, I just found a good interview where Edwin talks about his career since his debut till now. He mentions that his mother is the reason why he decides to forgo his career in the mainland and return to HK. Apparently, although Edwin earned a lot when he was working in the mainland, he finds it happiest when he’s in HK with his family and in a familiar environment.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • WhoAmI replied:

Maybe, his career went down and he moved back to HK. So, he would need some stories to cover up. Maybe, he is a good son. Maybe, he loved someone in mainland and she broke-up with him…Nobody knows.

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
      • WhoAmI replied:

China Mainland series might not be famous in Hongkong but they are gaining attention on other Asian countries while TVB is losing its famousness. TVB was a king of series in Asia…China Mainland did not gain any attention in the past. Although many China Mainland series are remade from TVB series, they still gain attention.

Login or Register before you can reply to WhoAmI
      • Addy replied:

@WhoAmI – Well, you should also consider that China didn’t really have the resources to make lavish television programs back in the day. They were still recovering from an economic disaster, and the government was only beginning to loosen their borders to overseas markets. Hong Kong was a completely different story – they had the freedom and the resources to make good entertainment. Without Mainland Chinese competition – and also the fact that most of the overseas Chinese immigrants back in the day were of Cantonese origin – TVB had a big market, and they were pretty much unbeatable in that department. Now that China is opening up some more, their dramas are getting more overseas recognition. China also has many production companies, which makes them more willing to invest on their productions. Now that new television stations are opening up in HK, hopefully that will create more competition and enhance the quality of HK dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Kidd replied:

@ WhoAmI

I believe his reasoning. There are people who are close to their family and value family very much. Edwin could be one of them.

For some people, living in the place he grow up in and surrounded by family is the most comfortable.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  11. Iris says:

I also noticed that Edwin’s been getting more significant roles lately. I definitely don’t mind him getting first supporting roles, and overtime, maybe leading mores. He’s improved a lot, has the capability, and is attractive. Another actor I would like to see more is Zac Kao, but I think he is more of a music composer and only appears every now in then in minor roles. Loved him in “D.I.E. Again”. Both are great singers. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris
    • Iris replied:

*roles, not mores. Have no idea why I typed that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris