Ady An Downs Beer to Overcome Kissing Scene Nerves

By on August 14, 2014 in TV Dramas

In her Taiwanese idol drama, Go, Single Lady <真愛遇到他>, female lead Ady An (安以軒) shares a great deal of kissing scenes with costar Mike He (賀軍翔). Since she often gets nervous when filming intimate scenes, Ady admitted that she would drink beer beforehand in order to complete filming successfully.

Also known as Upper-Class Common Girl <上流俗女>, Go, Single Lady stars Ady as Wang Manling, the daughter of a rich pig farmer. As luck would have it, she gets embroiled in a relationship with Fan Jiangyu (Mike He), the successor to an extremely successful investment company. Their interactions eventually lead to a large number of kissing scenes.

Because Ady’s nerves regarding kissing scenes are so well known in the Taiwanese entertainment industry, the filming crew was always prepared to offer her beer prior to any intimate scenes. “Beer is really very important to me!” said Ady. “This time, my kissing scenes with Mike He were no different – I also used beer to work up the courage.”

In response, Mike joked, “Is it really that difficult to act out a kissing scene with me?”

The filming crew also frequently used special angles to create the impression that Ady and Mike were sharing a kiss. However, Ady shared that in the past, there has been confusion over where the two actors should stand for the scene, making the take unsuccessful. “If I had known,” lamented Ady, “I would have just gritted my teeth and gotten it over with.”

Go, Single Lady will be Ady’s first return to the Taiwanese drama scene after the popular Autumn’s Concerto <下一站,幸福> in 2009. Having already premiered on Zhejiang TV in July, Go, Single Lady will begin airing on CTV on August 23 and on GTV on August 24.

Source: Ettoday.net

This article is written by Joanna for JayneStars.com.

• Mike He on Kissing Ady An: "It's Like Licking Pig Poo!"(24)
  • Ady An to Star in Taiwanese Idol Drama with Mike He(42)
  • Mike He’s Wife Delivered Second Baby Ahead of Due Date for This Reason(0)
  • Mike He Welcomes Second Daughter(0)
  • Mike He Caught Kissing Unknown Woman(6)
  • Ady An’s Husband Gifts Her 4 Luxurious Villas(1)
  • Taiwan Artistes Brace for Typhoon Hours after Earthquake(1)
  • Ady An’s Baby Boy is Here!(2)
  • [Pictorial] Ady An's Maternity Photos(14)
  • Ady An Announces Pregnancy!(1)

• 21 comments to Ady An Downs Beer to Overcome Kissing Scene Nerves

1. Terminator says:

The after taste of beer would not make it pleasant for her co-stars.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • DramaAddict replied:

You can always try strong chewing gum or mouthwash to mask the beer after taste.

Login or Register before you can reply to DramaAddict
    2. J. H. says:

If they both drink beer than there will be no problem about the after taste. 🙂 I like them both – can’t wait to see their dramas.

Login or Register before you can reply to J. H.
    3. J. H. says:

Trini,

Thank you so, so, so much for the tip. I understand Mandarin so I can watch it. I’ll watch it tonight. 🙂 You have a great day.

Login or Register before you can reply to J. H.
      • Trini replied:

@Jh

You are welcomed. Than you, I had the most amusing day, so yes, I enjoyed my day. It is not everyday I get to deal with a mixer of Peter Pan and Forest Gump rolled into one, so my day was quite amusing.

Enjoy the My Pig Lady drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
        • J. H. replied:

Trini,

I’m glad to hear that. I wish all your days are great days. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to J. H.
    4. Bah says:

He is so ugly

Login or Register before you can reply to Bah
      • J. H. replied:

That’s a mean comment. I hope you are better looking than him.

Login or Register before you can reply to J. H.
      • Trini replied:

@Bah

Many things have been said about Mike He, but ugly is not one of them You are the first person to say he is. Then again, there is a fist for everything and you also have a right to your opnion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
      • pak replied:

How rude!

Login or Register before you can reply to pak
    5. blurjen says:

never like jaynestars to feature news about mainland and taiwanese celeBITies…. could not be bothered with them

Login or Register before you can reply to blurjen
      • wiwi replied:

Then why do you even bother to click on this article then?

Login or Register before you can reply to wiwi
      • HeTieShou replied:

Is Jaynestars supposed to feature only Hk celeb news? I am glad that there is a variety of news here.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • msxie replied:

that’s a very narrow-minded, provincial attitude.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
        • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
          We’re been covering sporadic mainland and Taiwanese news and dramas to add variety to our reading mix.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • ... replied:

What’s wrong with mainland and taiwanese celebrities?

Login or Register before you can reply to ...
        • blurjen replied:

Jaynestars should stay focused. Straying will only make this site a little common like many others

Login or Register before you can reply to blurjen
      • msxie replied:

HK-centric news would be boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
    6. windy says:

Wow, she is still playing this game?
      She already did this w/Vanness Wu back then. Sigh… n how long have she been an actress already? 30 years? haha pls…such an old joke. get over it already haha lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    7. charbydis says:

Doesnt she have this kissing phobia? I remember years ago, william feng shao feng had to coax her for hpurs for kissing scenes. Poor girl. She was so tense that she cried.

Phobias are bad. hope mike he helped her mentally prepare before the scene.

Login or Register before you can reply to charbydis
    8. pak says:

I would definitely watch this show. I like Mike He & Ady An. These two are my favorite Taiwanese stars.

Login or Register before you can reply to pak