Kate Tsui and Nancy Wu Portray Lovers in “Midas”

By on August 21, 2013 in TV Dramas

Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Ben Wong (黃智賢), Elena Kong (江美儀), and other cast members of new TVB drama, Midas <點金勝手>, appeared at a costume fitting in TVB City today. Kate revealed her role will give her the opportunity to try something fresh and different. She and Nancy will portray a lesbian couple with an ambiguous relationship.

The media sparked many rumors regarding Bosco and Kate in the past. Collaborating with Bosco once again, Kate laughed and remarked, “He has been having non-stop rumors. I even thought of giving up this series, because I can’t stand it! When I first heard Bosco would be starring in it, I wanted to leave immediately. But this role is really captivating. There’s a lot of room for me to develop as an actress. Honestly speaking, Bosco is a great partner. The audience loves him as well. Hopefully there will be new sparks, but please keep the rumors away. I’m certain I won’t like guys who are younger than me.”

In Midas, Nancy and Kate will have many intimate scenes, in which Nancy expressed she does not mind. “I don’t think I’ll feel awkward. In fact, I’m quite happy about it. Kate is famous for her thick round lips. I really want to try it out! But the producer did note the theme of the drama would be quite sensitive. Maybe there will be slight changes of awareness for the audience to understand why we’re doing this.”

Recently, tabloids claimed Bosco and Nancy were not on good terms and avoided each other on set Mr. and Mrs. Bean <貓屎媽媽>. Allegedly, it was because Bosco wished to get back together with Myolie, but Nancy prevented it from happening. Although Bosco and Nancy portray a couple in the drama, Bosco expressed he was certain there will be no rumors. Is it true that they are not fond of each other?

In regards to Bosco’s remark, Nancy laughed and told the press, “Of course he isn’t worried about rumors. I’m definitely not one of his options! But that’s a good thing, because it means I can just focus on filming.”

Midas Kate Tsui Nancy Wu Bosco Wong

Source: Apple Daily via ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

62 comments to Kate Tsui and Nancy Wu Portray Lovers in “Midas”

1. Crystal says:

Nancy been showing a lot more cleavage lately.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
    • Funn Lim replied:

She needs the attention.

• advo replied:

Flaunt it if you got it

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
    • boob man replied:

Nice cleavage, Nancy. Sure can beat Kate anytime.

Login or Register before you can reply to boob man
    • Iris replied:

She isn’t all that busty, in my opinion. But she definitely is striving for a “womanly” look these days.

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris
  2. Smart Aleck says:

finally a chance for nancy to be recognized ! challenging and controversial role indeed (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Smart Aleck
  3. TVBFanatic says:

Are Nancy and Bosco sharing the same hairstylist?

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  4. UNI says:

Look at Natalie’s body language. It doesn’t matter if she and bosco are on civil terms or not.. but the way she stands beside bosco and kate is really obvious.

Login or Register before you can reply to UNI
  5. Icetea_td says:

Because Kate and Bosco are much closer and Nancy, I believe, she’s on bad term with Bosco.

Login or Register before you can reply to Icetea_td
    • bbfanny replied:

I believe the same too. Kate looks genuinely happy while Nancy is obviously black faced in both pictures and looks forced to be at the event. Bosco looks natural and neutral, I think men doesn’t really care about matters like this while women will think a lot about it and will unconsciously shows it in their face and body languages. I believe Nancy dislikes Bosco.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
    • kolo replied:

i also think so. but no wonder if she is the best friend of myolie.i think bosco also dont like her too. therefore he stands much closer by kate and with his hands on kates back.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  6. sandcherry says:

Nancy Wu looks very pretty in the above photos. I hope she has a heavier role in this drama series. Have never seen her as a lesbian. A new challenge for her!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • bbfanny replied:

I didn’t realize Nancy and Kate will be lesbians! I’m surprised TVB will take this heavy taste route but this will attract more gay fans and male fans to watch the series.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
      • Puff replied:

Hmm, I don’t think having gay r lesbian relationship is heavy taste. It’s a very common thing in a modern world. But I can see how all the HK see lais who watch TVB are sharpening their pens to complain about the relationship.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

agree. i bet the hk seelais will complain about nancy and kate’s intimate lesbian scenes. sometimes these seelais are so stupid for complaining about small thigs like this but later complain when the rape scene only 1 second!. they should try watching american primetime series.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
  7. bbfanny says:

From the picture above it’s obvious that Nancy hates Bosco, you can see how happy Kate is and how genuine her body language is with Bosco, while Nancy is smirking and has stiff body language. Mist be because of his past with Myolie that Nancy can’t forgive although it has been a year. They will have a tough time ahead acting as husband and wife. I feel sorry that they are not having the power to reject the work chosen by management for them. TVB mist be purposely pairing them for publicity. If it were me I will make life for them easier and let Bosco and Kate be the leading lovers and maybe get Pierre Ng or Evergreen Mak or Power Chan or Raymond Cho to be Nancy’s husband in a different role.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
    • sandcherry replied:

Nancy and Bosco are professional artistes and should not take private life issues into their acting profession.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Teecee replied:

^ I agree, besides Nancy known Bosco for just as long as Myolie did I’m sure she knows what kind of person he is. You can’t really accommodate the actors based on whether or not they get along in real life, once that camera turns on they’re another person and that’s that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • bbfanny replied:

In another news by Oriental Daily for this event, Kate and Sharon was showing black face to each other while Kate was genuinely happy with others, except Sharon and they were having forced smile when put side by side. The news wrote that they don’t even bother to supress their dislike towards each other while Nancy and Bosco at act corteously towards each other where Nancy even hold Bosco’s arm and laughed together, but Sharon and Kate simply avoid any interaction.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
      • Teecee replied:

Kate and Sharon get along just fine, they just finished filming My Prime Lady where they got along really well. I think these are just rumors brought up again from when they were filming Beauty At The Game. I don’t think it’s necessary to acknowledge every one all the time especially since they’ll be seeing each other for the next 3 months. I don’t think there is any hate towards anyone at all, these artistes are one of the few humble and outgoing ones.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

kate and sheren? not surprised they aren’t in good terms because there are rumour about kate and sharon fighting to get more screentime in prime lady.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • bbfanny replied:

Sharon Chan and Kate Tsui are on bad terms

Rumours are rife that the conflict between TVB actresses Kate Tsui and Sharon Chan has recently gone over the edge. According to Hong Kong media reports, the former best friends were extremely hostile to one another at a press conference for their upcoming drama, My Prime Lady yesterday.

Throughout the event, both of them tried to keep a distance from each other. During group photo, Sharon displayed her unwillingness to stand next to Kate, and the latter who was chummy with other co-stars like Bosco Wong and Nancy Wu, appeared uninterested while Sharon was speaking to the press.

The supposed conflict, which lasted for four years, began when Kate accused Sharon for leaking their swimwear photo which they took during a holiday trip together.

Said to be on unfriendly terms ever since, Kate was given the cold shoulder by Sharon and co-star Grace Wong on the set of My Prime Lady.

Responding to speculations on their conflict, 34-year-old Sharon bluntly replied via a text message: ‘No comments.’

Source: http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/sharon-chan-and-kate-tsui-are-on-bad-terms

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
      • Kit-kat replied:

Kate and Sharon – former best friends? Really?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kit-kat
  8. Teecee says:

The male fans will definitely look forward to those scenes heck they’re one of TVB’s most attractive actresses.

I’m looking forward to this, cast looks good besides with the addition of Toby. Bosco, Kate, Nancy, Ben, Sharon and Elena are one of the few versatile artistes left in TVB. No doubt there will be controversies on those intimate scenes especially in HK but it’s a good thing they explore more on same sex relationships that is if it’s a positive one. This may be Kate and Nancy’s break depending on the outcome of their pairing but the whole series is definitely worth looking into.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    • advo replied:

I would die of shock if the final cut has even one scene that’s not very, very ambiguous. Don’t see TVB “insulting” the conservative housewives anytime soon

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
  9. sel_fi_wu says:

The lesbian intimate scenes will be breakthrough for nancy and kate! so funny that so many people don’t want to believe that kate and nancy will be lesbians when this news clearly stated it!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
    • polypeptide replied:

Well, can’t blame them cuz during the promotional video for BAW, it was implied that Ada and Sheren would be lesbians, but it was changed afterwards due to religious views.

Login or Register before you can reply to polypeptide
      • Iris replied:

If I remember correctly, the actresses have explained that the lesbian storyline in an ancient setting was simply too difficult to write in. I don’t believe it was due to religious reasons. But yes, they did promote the idea and abandoned it later.

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris
  10. Teecee says:

Based on additional info for this series, Kate will only pretend she’s a lesbian to get revenge on Bosco and Ben is investigating into Bosco because he believe he committed many crimes and got away with it including Kate’s father’s disappearance who was also his mentor.

Fred has a villain role here.

Sounds like this financial genre has a little twist to it which makes it even more interesting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    • galaxy replied:

I agree with what Teecee said. I doubt they would make a lesbian theme considering TVB’s audience is those of ‘see lai’. I think there would be a bit of lesbian scenes, but it wouldn’t be the main theme since there is Bosco and Kate who pretends to be a lesbian. And I believe those scenes would be funny rather than romantic. They are exaggerating the lesbian theme.

I hope this drama wouldn’t turn out to be another Beauty and War (forgot the title, but it’s a recent drama that got 19 points in ratings, I hope you get what I mean). Anyway, good for Kate and Nancy to challenge new roles, and I hope they would make a breakthrough, especially Nancy.

Login or Register before you can reply to galaxy
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

no beauty at war deleted their lesbian scenes of ada and sheren at the end because ada and sheren afraid to do those lesbian scenes.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • galaxy replied:

Yes, I know. What I meant was that I hope this drama would not be like Beauty at War where they said there was a lesbian theme and then turned out to be nothing.

Login or Register before you can reply to galaxy
      • Puff replied:

Sel_fi-wu is right, TVB deleted those scenes at the request of Sheren. She was adamant that if there was a lesbian plot, she would not participate in beauty at war due to her religious belief.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

but at least here nancy and kate are excited for their lesbian scenes unlike ada and sheren who threatened to not film beauty at war if tvb include the lesbian theme, forcing chik to throw that plan out and deceive audience and makes beauty at way boring. at least we know it won’t be nancy’s fault if the lesbian theme is cancelled and it will be chung wai kin’s fault for being too chicken to include a lesbian scene later.

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • galaxy replied:

sel_fi_wu,

I don’t mind if Sheren and Ada don’t want to act in a lesbian theme due to their religions since a) everyone has a right to religion and a right to interpret their religions b) there are other people that are willing to act in a lesbian theme. But up to now I still don’t understand why they kissed in the first place in the promotional video? Did it have something to do with TVB management’s policy?

Login or Register before you can reply to galaxy
      • Teecee replied:

I don’t think the same sex relationship is the main focus of the series, it’s just part of it like Superman, are people really looking forward to it just because of Clark and Lois? Nope, it was just part of the film that interest viewers but not the main focus of it. I don’t think it would be a big deal besides I doubt those scenes will be much because of TV limits at most it’s just a make out session. I think this relationship is just a minority of the series for publicity while the whole series revolves around Bosco’s character but it’s still a must see. Script isn’t out yet so who knows

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
  11. Hannahh says:

oh hot lesbian haha! looking forward to it! good casts.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  12. Jess says:

Lesbian couple, in a TVB drama? That’s refreshing… plus Kate? Wow, definitely looking for that 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Jess
  13. Gabby says:

wow, I can’t wait for this drama,
    actually I really like Bosco and Kate’s chemistry but based on the article above, then it’s Kate and Nancy as a couple
    then it could be a breakthrough role for Kate and Nancy if they do well and the scipt is written well to, but it can’t not be that controversal, knowing TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    • sel_fi_wu replied:

yes from this news it’s breakthrough roles for nancy and kate! they might get award for this breakthrough next year. their lesbian scenes are hot topic now. too bad sheren rejected this plot earlier because it’s something fresh for tvb!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
  14. Larry 3 says:

Kate’s ugly face, again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • cloud9 replied:

never mind i love her sexy thick round lips..lol even lady like Nancy wanna kiss her

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
      • Gabby replied:

me too, I’m a girl and I like Kate’s thick and round lip too 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
      • tanngacun replied:

me 2, i like her lip most. :d

Login or Register before you can reply to tanngacun

controversial my foot! Let’s see the final product. The hint at lesbianism will probably end when two of them or one of them falls for a male character. I hope it is Nancy because Kate is made for those Fatal Attraction sort of craziness. Like Enduring Love where a married man is stalked by a homosexual stalker.

16. Kit-kat says:

I assume Nancy is leading over Sharon who isn’t even mentioned in the article.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kit-kat
  17. kk says:

if i remember correctly, Myolie and Kate used to be really good friends? after the high profile breakup b/w Myolie and Bosco, then out of nowhere Myolie said something like she doesn’t’ know Kate and that they’re not friends. i wonder if this has anything to do with Kate being too closed to Bosco? though i don’t think there’s anything b/w Kate and Bosco, it just that they seem like good friends after filming Live of Omissions. seem like Kate picks Bosco as friend over Myolie.

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
    • Coco replied:

I thought they were friends before filming Lives of Omission. Both of them filmed The Price of Greed as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Coco
    • tanngacun replied:

she is a girl, that don’t mean she has to support her girlfriend. You know, she is closer actors than actresses.

Login or Register before you can reply to tanngacun
  18. Icetea_td says:

I do think Kate and Myolie once were very good friends since they were spotted several times going out for shopping with each other. I believe it was Myolie initiated the break-up who did not defend Kate when reporters asked about the rumour of Kate with Bosco. Kate was so pissed, she even cried in one of the event. I even remember on AOD awards, Myolie tried to get closer to Kate but Kate refused and Kate ignore her and went to talk to Michael Tse. It’s a pity that they once to be very good friends.

Login or Register before you can reply to Icetea_td
  19. lol says:

kate so hot

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  20. notasaint says:

is that jacket too small for kate? why is she slouching and look so uncomfortable.

On another topic, Kate’s not up there yet. See at the 2013 China International Film & TV Programs Exhibition yesterday, she was placed in the second row behind the real fadans like Myolie, Charmaine and Tavia who were all front row. And position in group photos are very important, shows you which artist is more favoured.

Login or Register before you can reply to notasaint
    • bbfanny replied:

Her position is better than Nancy who’s in third row together with Eliza and Mandy in the same group picture. How would Nancy feel to have the same position as her juniors when she has been in TVB longer and received more awards? In one of the new series trailer and poster, Eliza was confirmed to secure her leading position above Nancy.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
      • Coco replied:

bbfanny, do you know which new series trailer where Eliza was confirmed to secure her leading position? Thanks!

Login or Register before you can reply to Coco
  21. H says:

This sounds like an interesting drama!

Hope the script is strong!

Login or Register before you can reply to H
  22. TN1 says:

Bet there aint gonna b much to watch for those lesbian scenes either, well TVB is TVB u know ahemmmmm

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1