Oceane Zhu Looks Like a Transsexual?

By on July 10, 2013 in TV Dramas

Oceane Zhu’s (朱璇) popularity has been rising as her characters in Come Home Love (愛‧回家) and Slow Boat Home (情越海岸線) were well liked by audiences. She was dubbed as the new generation “flirtatious vamp”, a title given to Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) earlier. Instead of being unhappy with the title, Oceane felt that this is a privilege as it indicates that viewers notice her and are appreciative of her acting.

In Slow Boat Home, Oceane received praises for her portrayal of a transsexual infatuated with Cheung Kwok Keung (張國強).  In 2009, when Oceane was shooting for Taiwanese film Prince of Tears (淚王子), she was commented to be suitable for portraying transsexual roles. “At that time, a friend of director Yonfan (楊凡) was visiting the filming site and remarked that I look like [Korean transsexual pop singer] Ha Ri Su and if there are such roles in the future, I will be the right candidate. I never dream that I will have the opportunity now.”

Oceane further added that she gladly takes on such roles. “I have been praised as being very funny. Now when I walk on the streets, young children will come up to me and call me ‘transsexual’. This proves that I am successful and as an actress, I am indeed very happy!”

Earlier on, there were reports that her co-star, Cheung Kwok Keung may have inappropriately touched Oceane’s chest in a rescue scene in Slow Boat Home. Oceane had denied the incident and said that she does not mind the rumors because they both knew that it was not true, “KK is as old as my daddy, so he only treats me like a daughter! When we chat, we are always talking about the drama.”

On her being crowned the title of “flirtatious vamp”, Oceane explained that people have a wrong impression of her  because of her roles. Instead of being angry, Oceane regards her acting as being convincing. “I don’t think I am a flirtatious person. You see, I hardly have any scandals.”

Though Oceane will not avoid her male colleagues on purpose, instead the actors are wary of her. “Recently, I asked Ram Chiang (蔣志光) to teach me Cantonese, but he said he will only do so via the phone and not in person; he explained that he does not want to invite trouble.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Jennifer for JayneStars.com.

17 comments to Oceane Zhu Looks Like a Transsexual?

1. aptos says:

Currently, Oceane is not a polished actress but if she takes on more diverse and difficult roles, that will enhance her skills no doubt.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
  2. Jessica says:

While not polished she definitely has the most potential out of all these newer actresses.

She does not look like a transsexual but good for her for picking diverse roles rather than the “perfect girl” role that every other attractive TVB actress is playing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
  3. Austin says:

Lol people are calling her a transexual? The transexual part didn’t really matter to me in the series it was more on how psycho she was. She seems like a really optimistic person, always so happy. I’m sure she’ll do fine in the future, she definitely has potential to do better.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
  4. Shrimpboat says:

I like her positive personality. She seems to have a good relationship with her seniors too (Lol at Ram Chiang’s comment). Looks like a bright future ahead, especially when she masters Cantonese.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  5. Khanh says:

I always thought she will one day be a rising star. She is pretty, tall and she acts really well. If her accent is better than she is a good actress

Login or Register before you can reply to Khanh
    • yeung4life replied:

so true. why can’t they just dub her for god’s sake.

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
      • dd replied:

What are you crazy?
        I think the accented Cantonese is cute.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
      • khanh replied:

her accent is improving. they will promote her soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to khanh
  6. pepe69 says:

wow…really looking at this pic ,she really have “transexual” look indeed…its a compliment for her as she can portray sexy hot looking transexual image in positive way

Login or Register before you can reply to pepe69
  7. Hannahh says:

Oceanne is a positive girl. She is doing very well with all the given roles. support!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  8. sushiroll says:

The only reason why she looks like a transexual is because she packs on the makeup like its on sale for $19.95.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Funn Lim replied:

Agreed.

I like her much more than Rebecca Zhu. I find Oceane except for her accent to be a decent actress who is capable of much more. Her accent is also improving.

And I just realise they’re both Zhus?

• Funn Lim replied:

Hmmm but why is she wearing so much make up?

• Nicole replied:

In the show she was pretending to be a tranny in frnt of ckk, so she had to kinda look the part.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
  9. iawnaek says:

Simon Yam’s wife QiQi looks like a man. I am beginning to suspect she used to be a man. Not Oceane.

Login or Register before you can reply to iawnaek
  10. Ribb says:

Oceane’s body is not that curvy, maybe that’s why she looks like a transvestite. The long torso … especially.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ribb
  11. Abzocke says:

No, she is transsexual or is not she?

Login or Register before you can reply to Abzocke