Linda Chung Denies Breakup Rumors With Philip Ng

By on January 6, 2013 in NEWS

There were news reports that Linda Chung’s (鍾嘉欣) rumored boyfriend, Philip Ng (伍允龍), has been going out with Race Li (黃婉佩), leading to speculations that Linda has broken up with him.

Linda has always been evasive about her relationship with Philip. They were careful in avoiding been seen in public together. That, plus photographs of Philip Ng and Race Li surfacing recently, caused speculations that Linda and Philip have broken up. The rumor was further fueled by the fact that Linda has not been meeting up with good friend, Race.

“They’re together? What a joke! It’s not because I have confidence in myself. It’s because I have confidence in my friends,” Linda commented at a promotional event for new TVB drama, Missing You <幸福摩天輪>.

Apparently, Race is not only good friends with Linda, she is also good friends with Philip. Because of Race’s breakup with ex-boyfriend, Jacky Heung (向佐), it was natural for Race to be spending time with her good friends. When asked about the reason behind Race’s split from boyfriend, Linda did not want to comment.

Since their “friendship” was still intact, will Linda attend the premiere of Philip’s new movie, Young and Dangerous: Reloaded <古惑仔:江湖新秩序>? Linda smiled, “Congratulations to him for choreographing the action moves for his first Hong Kong film! If I have the time, I will surely go and support him.”

One of Linda’s New Year resolutions is to get more rest and sleep. With that promise to herself, she intends to take a 2-month break after completing Big Wheel <巨輪>.

Mandy Lam May Adopt a Child

Linda’s Missing You <幸福摩天輪> costar, Mandy Lam (林淑敏) will get married in a simple church wedding on February 23 this year. Mandy suffered from breast cancer a few years ago, but with the support of her fiance, she has recovered completely.

With her health stabilized, Mandy gushed about having babies. Since she is still taking hormone medication, she can only conceive 3 years later. Doctors have also warned her that it may be difficult for her to conceive. Nonetheless, Mandy is not despondent. “If I can’t conceive, then I’ll consider adoption. My husband won’t mind because he loves me and will respect my decision.”

Source: Ming Pao

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

32 comments to Linda Chung Denies Breakup Rumors With Philip Ng

1. lkv says:

Give me a chance and I will act better than the man in the picture ;)

Login or Register before you can reply to lkv(Non-Member)
    • Mark Lim replied to lkv(Non-Member)

LOL give the guy a break. He has many flaws, but at least he ain’t flops like Rebecca Zhu, Christine Kuo, etc.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mark Lim(Non-Member)
      • looooooooooooooo replied to Mark Lim(Non-Member)

plenty of room for improvement

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooooo(Non-Member)
      • TVBaddict replied to Mark Lim(Non-Member)

At least he can actually speak cantonese ;)

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBaddict(Non-Member)
      • Michael replied to Mark Lim(Non-Member)

AND English unlike Christine Kuo

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael(Non-Member)
    • nvrmnd replied to lkv(Non-Member)

Why are people do negative about Jason? I happen to think he is very likeable. Have never heard or seen him before but he isn’t that bad. Rebecca Zhu in SSSS was bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to nvrmnd(Non-Member)
      • sandcherry replied to nvrmnd(Non-Member)

At least Jason Chan’s Cantonese is good and clear vs. Rebecca Zhu’s or Christine Kuo’s. All he has to do is to work on his acting skills (facial expressions and inner emotions). His dialogues were understable.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
      • sandcherry replied to nvrmnd(Non-Member)

“His dialogues were understable”
        —————————————————–
        I meant “His dialogues were understandable”.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
  2. sandcherry says:

Congratulations, Mandy Lam, on your upcoming wedding on February 23, 2013. Also congratulations on your complete recovery!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
  3. LyNN says:

Is Linda indirectly admitted her r’ship with Philip too? Coz I thought all along they were rumored to be together only….

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN(Non-Member)
    • miriamfanz replied to LyNN(Non-Member)

I think she already admitted it before… well in a sort of vague way

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz(Non-Member)
      • LyNN replied to miriamfanz(Non-Member)

Oic.. thanks for this :)

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN(Non-Member)
      • Fox replied to miriamfanz(Non-Member)

No she didn’t admit. He admitted, not her. She always uses blur comment toward the relationship.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox(Non-Member)
    • Applelim replied to LyNN(Non-Member)

I wasn’t aware she has confirmed that she is going nout with him..now she is denying that they haven’t broke up. Confused??I am!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim(Non-Member)

Mandy Lam? The one who plays the girlfriend of Jason? Breast cancer? So young?!

Jason Chan is terrible. Period.

Wants to act better? Stop fidgeting. He looks like he is not sincere.

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn Lim(Non-Member)
    • Ric replied to Funn Lim(Non-Member)

No, Jason’s onscreen girlfriend is Lin Xiawei, Raymond Lam’s cousin. Mandy is the actress who takes care of the little girl who is the daughter of Charmaine Li’s character.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric(Non-Member)
      • sandcherry replied to Ric(Non-Member)

Mandy Lam also acted very well in “The Other Truth” as the rich lady with her high heel got stuck in one of the drainage covers. Louis Yuen had to pull it up for her.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
      • Funn Lim replied to Ric(Non-Member)

Oh that one! The other day I was saying how I remember her as Stephen Au’s comatose Thai wife and that arrogant money grabbing socialite in The Other Truth. Quite versatile. Glad she is fine!

Login or Register before you can reply to Funn Lim(Non-Member)
      • Michael replied to Ric(Non-Member)

林淑敏 is the wife who overacts her scenes as the mother of the little girl. She overacts in everything I see her in to be honest. But good luck to her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael(Non-Member)
    • Lol replied to Funn Lim(Non-Member)

Jason is horrible! How did he get the lead role…can someone explain? He reminds me of those kids in the show Barney…that just memorize their line and try to act as cute as possible.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol(Non-Member)
      • Shame replied to Lol(Non-Member)

And no charisma..

Login or Register before you can reply to Shame(Non-Member)
      • Michael replied to Lol(Non-Member)

Young looking, tall, and handsome. Came from overseas. That’s what girls like so that’s what TVB gives.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael(Non-Member)
      • Raina replied to Lol(Non-Member)

He’s from overseas? Where?

I haven’t watched Missing You, anyone want to give some feedback?

Maybe it’s just me, but the above picture..he looks kind of flabby, no?

Login or Register before you can reply to Raina(Non-Member)
      • sandcherry replied to Lol(Non-Member)

Jason was born and raised in England (I think London). He finished his Master’s degree in London and worked a bit there before he went to work for TVB. I think he also spent some time working or studying Chinese language in Beijing before he moved to live in Hong Kong.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry(Non-Member)
  5. Ric says:

Congratulations to Mandy. Hope she only experiences happy things from here on out.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric(Non-Member)
  6. Woot says:

Mandy has that ‘hak yan chang’ face, but still a better actress than most newcomers out there!
    I wish her all the best and speedy recovery.

Jason is really dragging down the series. If it wasn’t for the stories and guest stars, this would be a flop. Linda is so underutilized here and quite pitiful to be paired with him. I absolutely had no interest in their relationship and more to just the cases they’re working on. Jason is at best only supporting actor for now….until, I don’t know, years to come?

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot(Non-Member)
    • Applelim replied to Woot(Non-Member)

I like his youthful and fresh face…but yes must agree he has a long way to go in acting. He is very lucky to get this lead role

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim(Non-Member)
  7. smurf120 says:

He’s been pretty bland in Missing You so far, but I think his big emotional scene was the elevator fire. He might as well have been an extra. Even the smoke coughing came off as really fake. I cringed the whole time when he was yelling out “supportive” cliches to Linda stuck in the elevator. He needed probably 4-5 more series before he can be lead.

Login or Register before you can reply to smurf120(Non-Member)
    • Lol replied to smurf120(Non-Member)

I feel the same way. He’s worst than Charmaine in snow mountain flying fox..and she was pretty bad back then.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol(Non-Member)
      • Woot replied to Lol(Non-Member)

Lol, yes!! The smoke coughing is so fake, it was so unbearable to watch! I pity Linda Chung for having to star next to him, seriously. How to feel the emotion from such subpar acting?

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot(Non-Member)
  8. TN1 says:

Wow r they both dating again or otherwise gossips n rumors once again!

Jason ought to undergo acting classes though my patience is still tolerable watching him in MU >.<

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1(Non-Member)
  9. sau says:

mandy lam is much better actor than most actors these days..
    the one who really annoys me is the ‘washing up liquid’ she cannot act and is seriously annoying, i just want to turn off when she is on for a long period!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sau(Non-Member)