6 Highly-Educated Actresses Who Are Also the Rich Second Generation
Many people like to think that celebrities come from poor backgrounds, the hero in a classic rags-to-riches story. But a good amount of celebrities are not only well-educated, they also come from wildly successful family backgrounds. The following “rich second generation” superstars not only have brains and beauty, they also have wealth.
1) Hong Kong singer and actress Kelly Chen (陳慧琳) is an alumnus of the Parsons School of Design, an extremely prestigious art and design school in New York City. Having studied in Japan for a period of time, Kelly is fluent in Japanese and English. Kelly’s modesty, humbleness, and her hard-earned success in the music industry has made quite a lot of people forget that she is actually the daughter of a very successful jewelry tycoon in Hong Kong.
2) Taiwanese actress and model Lin Chi-ling (林志玲), known for her beautiful figure and angelic looks, is more than just a pretty face. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics and Western art history at the University of Toronto. She had attempted to pursue a career in fine arts at a prestigious institution before turning to modeling. Not many people are aware that her father, Lin Fan-nan (林繁男), actually owns businesses in the aluminum and technology industries, worthing over a billion dollars in assets.
3) Taiwanese actress Michelle Chen (陳妍希) debuted in 2007, but did not make it big until the release of the 2011 film, You Are the Apple of My Eye <那些年，我們一起追的女孩>. The straight-A student, who scored the highest mark out of 200 students, graduated with a degree in business administration from the University of Southern California. Currently dating Chinese actor Chen Xiao (陳曉), the Taiwanese media are saying that Chen Xiao has hit the jackpot, as Michelle comes from a very successful and wealthy family in Taiwan.
4) One of Taiwan’s most popular actresses, Janine Chang (張鈞甯), was an ambitious student. After passing her college entrance exams with top marks, she was accepted into the National Taipei Industry to study history. In her second year, she changed her study to law. Even after making her acting debut in the industry, Janine continued to pursue her education and finally earned a Master of Laws degree at the National Central University in June 2010. Janine comes from a very educated family, and is related to the Wufeng Lin family, one of the most powerful Taiwanese families in recent history.
5) 2013 Miss Hong Kong winner Grace Chan (陳凱琳) moved to Canada when she was only five years old. She graduated with a degree in communications at Simon Fraser University before returning to Hong Kong in 2013 to join the Miss Hong Kong pageant. Grace’s father is a successful businessman, and she currently resides in a luxury mansion located in Kowloon Tong.
6) Born and raised in Taiwan, singer and actress Terri Kwan (關穎) went to the United States to pursue her tertiary education. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in dance at the University of the Arts, one of the country’s oldest schools, and earned a master’s degree in arts administration at New York University. Terri is the daughter of Chen Kuo-ho (陳國和), one of the board members of Jih Sun Financial Holding Co., Ltd., and her maternal grandfather is Tsai Wan-chun (蔡萬春), creator of Linyuan Group.
This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.