Alan Wan Pursued Eliza Sam for One Year?

By on September 12, 2013 in NEWS

Eliza Sam’s (岑麗香) cheerful personality has attracted a lot of male suitors, including former Mr. Hong Kong contestant, Alan Wan (溫家偉), who has reportedly pursued her for one year. Since meeting on variety program Master So Food <食得峰騷> and filming Sniper Standoff <神鎗狙擊>, the pair has become very close.

On September 5, Eliza was seen rushing back to TVB Studios to film, M Club, after attending a promotional event for Sniper Standoff . Although Alan is also in M Club, he did not have any filming that day. Yet, the pair was spotted having a casual date in the canteen. They only had eyes for each other, and Eliza often burst out in laughter at Alan’s comments as they chatted animatedly and looked at each other’s phones.

Alan has not been shy in dropping hints that he found Eliza to be a wonderful woman, “She’s very beautiful, a very nice person. She is perfect!” When prompted why he did not pursuer her, Alan said, “We didn’t think about these things! We are friends; both of us grew up overseas.”

Eliza was more discrete in her response, “He helped me practice my script and then we had a meal. I also want to date but I don’t have the time. I will leave matters of the heart to God so my boyfriend must also be a Christian.” Reporters, however, noted that throughout the meal, Eliza and Alan were chatting in English and the drama script was not in sight at all.

Alan Shows Sweet Side

Despite the fact that Alan is not a Christian yet, he is otherwise a good match for Eliza. While Eliza was brought up in Canada, Alan grew up in the United States. The 26-year-old graduated from Stony Brook University in New York, and is able to impress Eliza with his easy humor.

The pair actually met on the set of Master So Food when Alan was the host and Eliza guest starred. While filming Sniper Standoff, Eliza and Alan were often seen spending time together and joking on set, although they did not have many scenes together.

Alan allegedly moved to Tseung Kwan O to be closer to Eliza, who lives in nearby Park Central. Earlier, Eliza happily posted a photo of a cake that Alan personally made for her, showing off Alan’s sweet side.

Eliza’s Response

Eliza said that she and Alan are only friends. “We are both from overseas. We have worked together several times, including several culinary programs.” She added, “I don’t feel that he is pursuing me. I think it’s a misunderstanding. Even the one meal that I eat is at work; where would I have time to date?”

Aside from Alan, another rumored pursuer is Bosco Wong (黃宗澤). While filming Mr. and Mrs. Bean <貓屎媽媽>, Bosco allegedly tried all means to get near to Eliza, even offering to tutor her Cantonese and buying her coffee. However, Bosco later denied the allegations, saying that he regards Eliza only as a sister.

Sources: Apple Daily; Face Magazine #329 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

50 comments to Alan Wan Pursued Eliza Sam for One Year?

1. HeTieShou says:

She looks a lot like Linda in that above photo! At first, I thought it was Linda.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Jackson replied:

She is way prettier.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jackson
    • yuaida replied:

Why would she want to allow anything to get in the way of her career?…..especially with a nobody like this fugly-looking guy. Aside from having some big muscles, this guy looks like an idiot on almost everything I’ve seen him in at TVB…….another 2nd/3rd tier fellow that was not meant for this line of business……..

Login or Register before you can reply to yuaida
      • YQ replied:

Wow calm down, hater. I’ve just responded to one of your ugly comments on a different article and now I read something like this?

Looks isn’t everything in a guy you know? Heck if you were a guy, I wouldn’t date you for your terrible heart.

I think Alan Wun is naturally cute with a goofy side in him. If he has indeed baked for Eliza Sam, man is he sweet. I’d pick a guy like this over a mean hearted person who thinks he’s all that handsome and what not at any time!

Login or Register before you can reply to YQ
      • kolo replied:

wow what a fugly comment,i admire you when you say that live on television,then i will know who this fugly hearted person is.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

a guy cooking or baking for you doesn’t mean you will last forever with him or he won’t flirt with other girls!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • merilyn replied:

Whoa! I can’t believe someone can give such negative comments. People who only care about looks is considered shallow and childish. Human is not about looks only.

Login or Register before you can reply to merilyn
      • Austin replied:

Obviously someone with the mentality of a shallow 13 year old. I’ve met Alan a few times and he’s a great guy. No need to judge others based on looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to Austin
  2. claire says:

Eliza “Heung Heung” Sam is so pretty and adorable, no surprise at all many males want to pursue her 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to claire
    • sandcherry replied:

Agree. If I were Eliza, I would put my career first since TVB is promoting her highly now.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  3. Jennifer says:

I really don’t get what the fuss about her is. She is REALLY BAD at acting and her looks aren’t all that amazing. I mean she’s pretty but looks very average. Her face looks inflated most the time and I feel like she is only popular because of the mass advertisement of guys who are after her…

Login or Register before you can reply to Jennifer
    • Sophia replied:

agreed

Login or Register before you can reply to Sophia
    • FingersInNose replied:

Yeah, I agree with you. She’s cute but weird, when I saw her the first time I was like “Man, she looks like http://data.whicdn.com/images/25903460/tumblr10_large.png

Login or Register before you can reply to FingersInNose
    • yeung4life replied:

i think she’s good at acting…..

but I TOTALLY AGREE with you about her “deflated” face

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
  4. Hannahh says:

She is beautiful and bubbly personality!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  5. bbfreak says:

I <3 alan, hope to see more of him on TV!

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfreak
  6. Bubblez says:

I really like Eliza’s acting in Divas in Distress 😛

And Linda and Eliza are two of my favourite actresses. I will begin watching Sniper Standoff soon, hehe 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  7. Anon says:

Wont be surprised if they’re dating. Eliza doesn’t like FOB guys.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
  8. Hannah says:

So, Alan is his name. I noticed he gets to play those characters who often have to speak English, lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • Shrimpboat replied:

Cause his Cantonese is bad too…definitely not his first language :/

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  9. yeung4life says:

i heard that alan is of mixed race – hope he gets promoted. FOr some reason he reminds me of Ron ng

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
    • sel_fi_wu replied:

no way this alan wan guy looks creepy and not good looking although mixed

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • HeTieShou replied:

Why are you so shallow?? There is WAY more to a person than looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  10. Smart Aleck says:

I guess guys go after her for her personality then? Her looks are only definitely average… and her acting is definitely not great either

Login or Register before you can reply to Smart Aleck
    • sandcherry replied:

Agree. I don’t think Alan is good looking, and his acting is pretty bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

i don’t even know who is this creepy looking mr hk alan. sounds like promotion for him to be more popular later after known as dating eliza who is everywhere now?

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
    • kolo replied:

i like both her appearance and personality.watched her in sniper attack,i think her acting has much room for improvement.i think her role as a SDU member doesnt fits her at all,she is too cute for that haha.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  11. Yum says:

ALAN WAN AND ELIZA SAM SHOULD BOTH WORK ON THEIR CANTONESE before pursuing anything love related.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
    • skyblue replied:

Totally agree!! Both of them needs improvement.

Login or Register before you can reply to skyblue
  12. Anna says:

Eh im sure Eliza Sam could find a guy thats way better than him!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Anna
  13. sel_fi_wu says:

who is this alan wan guy? he looks too creepy for eliza! he also sounds too excited about her! for a mr hk contestant he looks ugly and seem like a creepy admirer of eliza!

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
    • Funn Lim replied:

I’ve seen him with Master So in a food program. He is not creepy at all. he is actually rather cute, excited and quite likeable.

• sehseh replied:

I follow his instagram for quite some time, he is a nice guy, a bit on goofy side.

Login or Register before you can reply to sehseh
  14. Kit-kat says:

If Wong Cho Lam can get Leanne Li, why can’t Alan Wan get Eliza? Alan is definitely much better looking. In fact, I noticed him in Only You where he played Natalie’s husband. He was muscular and cute back then, now he is kind of chubby, but still cute.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kit-kat
    • windy replied:

HAHAA…LOL…
      I know, I still can NOT believe the attraction between the shorty n that girl you can actually say attractive from TVB although NOT at all famous. haha…
      I think this couple is cute thou. Both seem to have a bubbly personality and they are a bit westernized so this i can see it happening and seems more natural.

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
      • Bubblez replied:

agreed 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • Funn Lim replied:

Wong Cho Lam may be cute but he is also very very smart. I am rewatching Inbound Troubles, one of the very few shows that I could actually rewatch and laugh all over again.

• Shrimpboat replied:

I don’t think this is a fair comparison. Cho Lam is famous in the industry (talented in so many areas) and Leanne is famous for being his girlfriend. The opposite applies to Eliza and Alan.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  15. sky says:

i’m sure she will find a rich guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    • Terminator replied:

I am not sure about him finding a rich guy tho! LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
      • sky replied:

what? i don’t get it.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
  16. jasmine says:

I don’t understand what is all the hype about this girl and her rising popularity. Honestly, I don’t find her pretty or cute at all. She’s just an average looking girl with no special charm at all. In fact I find the way she speaks to be very annoying, childish, and stupid. Her bubbly personality can be seen as cute at times but over doing it can also become annoying. Not to mention how she can’t even speak Cantonese properly. Of all the interviews I’ve seen her in, she speaks and behave like a 10 year old girl which I find to be very annoying. I find it hard to believe she is 28 with the way how she acts and presents herself. I would’ve guess she’s like 14 or something if I didn’t know her real age. Seriously, I don’t think she only need to improve on her Cantonese but also learn how to speak and act like a normal adult. Half of the time she sounds like some dumb girl acting all innocent and cute like she still need her mom to feed her food or something. I don’t understand what’s so attractive about that?

In terms of acting wise, I can’t stand her in dramas and she can’t act at all. I think one of her biggest flaw is she’s too ditzy and can only pull off acting those stupid ditzy happy-go-lucky girl roles (which is what her real personality is) so I don’t see how that is acting as she’s just being herself. I can’t imagine her taking on serious roles like being a doctor or lawyer. As an actress, you need to be able to fit and act different roles and characters. The only characters I can only see her portraying are those stupid naive teenage girls roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine
  17. Terminator says:

Judging from this picture, I think he needs a bit of cosmetic dental work.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
  18. sophia says:

Sorry but ewwwww. Again sorry if I offended his fans. My apologize but nooooo. Eliza Sam is too cute and pretty for him.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • HeTieShou replied:

Once again, there is more to a person rather than just looks since beauty should be skin deep. We will all get old one day so what is inside is what will last. Also, it is not uncommon in a couple to have one that is really good looking and the other only average to not so great in looks, which shows that it takes much more than looks to be a loving/happy loving couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  19. Shrimpboat says:

When I watch him, either acting or as a host, all I can think is that he’s too wooden. Delivery of lines is totally not natural (yes, his Cantonese sucks because it’s not his first language, but listening to him speak English in dramas lacks a natural flow as well).

He’s not bad looking and seems to have a nice personality, but…not fit for this industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
  20. Wilstar says:

Alan Wan is a hot hunk with big muscle but he got there through using steroids drug. His Instagram name is awansauce. Search for that in google with the word steroid and you find lots of his posts on drug forums asking about steroids to make his muscles bigger. He also posts photos of his body so you can tell it is him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Wilstar
    • Terminator replied:

That would be disturbing if true.

If he looked freakish now, he’d become even more so as he ages.

Why did TVB even sign him up? Does he have any special talents other than “juiced-up” physique?

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
  21. bbfreak says:

haha, Alan was my fave Mr. HK contestant of 2008, along with Michael the winner. it was the best year of mr. hk, here’s a link to a blog post with pix i wrote that year!

ah, good memories. (other posts found at: http://bbfreak.wordpress.com/ ) too bad im too lazy to blog now

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfreak
  22. lol says:

He’s a loser, try hard.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol