Fala Chen: “I Don’t Want to Be a Walking Corpse in Life!”

By on September 9, 2014 in NEWS

Although always in the media’s limelight, Fala Chen (陳法拉) still commits to a very simple lifestyle off screen. Fala looks for meaning and purpose behind life. She prefers little surprises and does not want life to be a numbing experience with constant repetition.

Artistes are known for having a busy schedule, so what is Fala’s personal schedule like? Fala revealed that it is easy to become too hyper due to the fast-paced work environment as an artiste. “After work, the pace is slower, and I turn into a homebody. Daily schedules shouldn’t be so fast paced; it’s necessary to have time to rest.”

Leading a Meaningful Life

Believing that money should not be a factor in how well one lives, Fala prefers to pay attention to the small details in life. She enjoys surprises rather than extravagance. Fala loathes strict timelines, preferring to seek out purpose and continuously search for meaningful endeavors. “Don’t just do what others expect of you, but realize the meaning behind your own actions. There should be surprises along the journey. I’m very afraid of living a numbing life like a walking corpse with endless repetition.”

She also enjoys good food and cooking quiet meals at home to relax. Fala said, “I enjoy cooking because I can select the freshest ingredients. The portions I eat are even larger than a man, but eating a lot does not mean you will get fat. You can eat healthily.”

Although she dresses up and presents her best side at functions, Fala does not enjoy putting too much emphasis on looks. Fala is clearly aware of her own fashion likes and dislikes, and prefers classic cuts with quality materials that never go out of style. “I usually shop online, but I’m not a shopaholic. I have self-control and will usually buy many things in one day. There is no set budget, but for a woman, the expenses are not considered too high.”

Will Focus on Filming Movies

For the rest of the year, Fala decided to focus entirely on filming movies. Although they are considerably more difficult to prepare for, filming movies are very rewarding.

Since her schedule is filled with work, Fala only had the chance to visit her parents in the United States once a year. To better balance her lifestyle, Fala plans to take breaks and spend more time with her parents.

Still Believes in Love

Since separating from her long-time boyfriend Daniel Sit (薛世恆) last year, Fala has taken a slower pace in her romantic life. Reflecting on a long-term relationship, Fala said, “You can not use qualities to select your partner, otherwise you will get in trouble. I depend on my feelings and whether we are compatible. Of course, everything will be great in the beginning since love is blind. Over time, feelings will change and learning to adapt is an art. When the fireworks of love have burned out, you will start talking about conditions and it requires mutual tolerance to make a relationship last.”

Although it is hard to find true love, Fala dreams of motherhood and having children since she grew up a happy family and witnessed her parents love for each other. Sees herself as a highly involved mother, Fala may even put her acting career on hold to take care of her children full-time.

Source: On.cc

This article is written Su for JayneStars.com.

• Fala Chen Shares Newfound Perspective on Love and Marriage(1)
  • Daniel Sit on Marriage with Fala Chen(5)
  • Daniel Sit Talks About His Divorce with Fala Chen(13)
  • Fala Chen Travels to Antartica for Honeymoon(0)
  • Fala Chen Gives Update on Her New Married Life(4)
  • Fala Chen Makes First Public Appearance after Wedding(0)
  • Getting to Know Fala Chen’s Husband(1)
  • Photos of Fala Chen's Wedding in Paris(10)
  • Daniel Sit Confirms Fala Chen's Upcoming Wedding is True(20)
  • Fala Chen Compares Hollywood to Hong Kong’s Entertainment Industry(12)

• 21 comments to Fala Chen: “I Don’t Want to Be a Walking Corpse in Life!”

1. tvbfanatic says:

That’s a really nice photo of Fala. Is it recent?
      ====

Very true 🙂 It’s too bad the art of cooking is being lost. So many rely of instant or microwaved foods now-a-days. You can eat healthy and not starve yourself 🙂

===
      Fala said “When the fireworks of love have burned out”
      Fala… you haven’t met the right person yet. I’ve been with my wife for almost 2 decades now, and the fireworks are still there! =D

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfanatic
      • jayne replied:

Tvbfanatic,
        The above Fala photo was taken earlier this summer. She seems more carefree after splitting from Daniel Sit and leaving TVB.

“Fala… you haven’t met the right person yet. I’ve been with my wife for almost 2 decades now, and the fireworks are still there!”

It takes effort from both partners to keep the fireworks going strong after many years of marriage. You always sound like a considerate individual in your comments and I’m sure this has helped in benefiting the state of your marriage.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Alexa replied:

What does commenting has to do with his marriage?

And are you implying other commenters arent considerate?

Login or Register before you can reply to Alexa
        • Jane replied:

Alexa, Jayne is just complimenting tvbfanatic. What’s wrong?

Now, you are really inconsiderate.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
        • Dina replied:

I can see why alexa made that comment. She probably read that comment in a wrong tone of a voice. E.g. a person could read between the lines of jaynes comment and imply that there are some individuals who frequently comments but isn’t always considerate or there are some commenters who had a positive reputation but was destroyed due to their inconsiderate comments.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dina
        • tvbfanatic replied:

Thank you for the compliment Jayne. I think I’m just lucky to have found someone with very similar desires / goals. 🙂 I’m not sure why others feel the need to read into your comment as if there is an ulterior motive though. I didn’t see any when I read it.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfanatic
        • jayne replied:

Tvbfanatic,

Growing together as a couple is not easy, and I found Fala’s comment about feelings changing in a relationship and the ability to adapt your actions over time are very important. Amid the news of failed marriages and relationships, it’s always nice to hear from long-time couples that they are happy together.

“I’m not sure why others feel the need to read into your comment as if there is an ulterior motive though.”

Ah, it’s probably the same user who has been complaining nonstop about my deletion of her comments under different aliases. Never pass on a chance for negativity.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Kim replied:

”What were those comments?

Anyway, Fala looks pretty without little makeup to none, a nice photo above with charming face and fresh smile.
          Fala will be appearance as a guess on Wong Cho-lam’s tvbs show this sunday?”

Login or Register before you can reply to Kim
      • Penny replied:

”Freshest ingredients are basic luxury which would cost extra, eating more than man is a big appetite, most ladies claim they have self-control on shopping sprees, dislike repetition suggest confidence, if not over confident and usually a poor listener, life is never simple, not even for hermits and walking corpse is the opposite of standing vegetable?”

Login or Register before you can reply to Penny
    2. Tess says:

I hardly recognize her from the pic above! Having said that I think she looks great! Hope she’ll find more opportunities out there!

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
      • Chloe Lee replied:

She looks great – i think the above picture is with minimal makeup

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe Lee
        • sandcherry replied:

I think so too. More natural!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • sandcherry replied:

…… and younger too.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    3. AL says:

Hope she’ll find more opportunities out there! Love Fala

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
    4. i hope Fala Chen would have more opportunities though out her life to film more movies or any other things!!! 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
    5. ... says:

She’s s pretty :3

Login or Register before you can reply to ...
    6. lemongrass says:

Did she do something to her jawline? She looks very pretty in this photo.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
    7. bloom says:

She looks absolutely beautiful in the above photo especially without make-up or I would say very minimal. Very natural. Sometimes I feel those girls that grew up outside of hongkong thinks differently. They tend to place importance like we work to live and not live to work. They dont place too much on material things, place more importance values.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
    8. aptos says:

If she wants some challenging and purposeful challenges in life, she should film documentaries on exotic, natural or often overlooked or forgotten things in places and in life. With minimal makeup, I would surmise many viewers may not recognize her on camera.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
    9. Kidd says:

I love Fala’s outlook in life. She seems more and more positive after leaving TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Elle replied:

was she ever negative prior to leaving tvb?

Login or Register before you can reply to Elle