Gallen Lo Reveals Secrets of a Healthy and Happy Marriage

By on November 27, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

Since finding happiness in his second marriage with mainland actress, Sophie Su (蘇岩), 49-year-old Gallen Lo (羅嘉良) has become more exuberant and expressive. He has simplified the meaning of happiness and realized the secrets to a healthy and happy marriage.

Blissfully in Love

Treasuring the time spent with his wife, Gallen is blissfully married. Gallen and Sophie will tell each other that they love each other every day. “We vowed to continue to be in love all the time!

“My wife and I are very consistent–from the way we look at things, what we buy, and where to travel–we are very consistent. So, in this respect, we are very lucky, Heaven has given us very good conditions. I feel very blessed right now.”

Although he has a calm exterior, there will be issues that make Gallen impatient inside and eager to rattle them off his chest. “My emotions will be quick and impatient; I yearn to discuss the issues clearly. To be honest, slowly I realized this is not a good habit.” He realized the importance of remaining tolerant and calm when issues erupt, to allow his emotions to subside first before dealing with the issues.

Remaining positive in a relationship and cherishing each other were also very important. “We will often praise each other. I don’t think it’s necessary to magnify what you consider to be flaws and to be always thinking about them. You have to see her good traits. We are still two separate people.” Gallen revealed that his wife will dwell on and over-analyze matters more, while he is the more positive one in the marriage.

“I have slowly changed myself. Maybe there is another way to express myself to make the other person feel better. It’s clear that both of us have to continuously improve, whether in our lifestyle, our thoughts, and many other aspects. If we always focus on the negative aspects, then that will not be good.”

Gallen felt open to doing anything in his marriage, as his wife will not exert any control to repress his free will. He felt open to even getting matching leg tattoos with Sophie. “I can break through and do many things, such as getting my ears pierced, she will not control me. As long as my wife likes something, I will like it too,” Gallen spoke about their healthy relationship.

When coming across something Gallen wished to do, he will not repress his desire which makes him become a happier person. However, Gallen admitted that as he aged, the meaning of happiness has become simple for him. “Reaching a certain age, if we can reduce our desires and not add more, we can be much happier. Don’t have too many requirements.”

Baby to Be Born in Hong Kong

Gallen was spotted at the Hong Kong airport with Sophie on November 27. Although Sophie is currently 5 months pregnant, the couple traveled from Beijing to Hong Kong since Gallen will be a guest star at Joseph Koo’s (顧嘉輝) 6-session concert, which will kick start on November 30 at the Hong Kong Coliseum. The last time Gallen was in Hong Kong was in June, when he had attended the elementary school graduation of his son from his first marriage.

The couple was spotted pulling their luggage out of the airport terminal gates. Sophie’s figure had thickened due to her advanced pregnancy. The couple expects the arrival of their baby in May 2013, and will return to Hong Kong to have the baby there.

Gallen and Sophie remain flexible in their baby plans. After the baby arrives, Gallen may take additional time off to spend with his family. “As to whether Sophie will continue to work or not, we are very flexible.” Gallen has reduced his filming projects in recent months considerably since Sophie became pregnant. “Family is very, very important. Work is just one part of our lives.”

Source: On.cc; ifeng.com; ifeng.com

100 comments to Gallen Lo Reveals Secrets of a Healthy and Happy Marriage

1. jayne says:

Did Gallen talk about why his first marriage failed? I don’t remember reading too much about this topic, but I suspect it is the same reason why Wayne Lai’s first marriage failed, that he had married his wife out of responsibility.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Applelim replied:

Didnt know that Wayne Lai was married before! Quite sure this will hurt Gallen’s first wife when she reads this.
      The picture does not look like Gallen!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
      • Gar replied:

He looks rather old and worn out in the photo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • kiki replied:

@ Gar,

hes being old n ugly for a while now hahaa..lol…

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
      • sandcherry replied:

Agree. Gallen Lo does not look handsome any more. He looked rather old in his last TVB drama series “Born Rich”.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Yen replied:

And unbelievable that he is only 49 >.<||
        I thought he already 50++

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
    • Joni replied:

I cannot believe that I once liked him. How could he do this to his ex? Yeah, lost my respect for him too. True that mariiages fails, but you do not have to go and brag about how in love you are right now. Has he ever thought of his son’s feelings?

Login or Register before you can reply to Joni
      • Applelim replied:

Yes I used to like him in Golden Faith wih Jessica!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
  2. VodkaC says:

I lost my respect to Gallen… how dare he comes out with such statement did he even consider his ex-wife and his son feelings ??? This really angers me…

Login or Register before you can reply to VodkaC
    • Gar replied:

Seems like he’s interpreting his current relationship as a match made in heaven. Seems way too lovey-dovey IMO.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
      • jasmine7 replied:

How long did he date this 2nd wife before they tied the knot ?? He looks so old and hagged. Only time will tell after this new baby is born whether this ‘perfect marriage’ will go the distance. Let’s wait and watch. He might get egg on his face.**

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
      • clamine replied:

I too have lost respect for Gallen. And indeed I find the title of this news report an irony.

Gar: Seems like he’s interpreting his current relationship as a match made in heaven.

Gallen did indeed said that to a reporter when he announced his engagement to Sophie in 2008 Jan: “我们是上天安排!”

@ jasmine7:
        2007 (early) Gallen & ex-wife (方敏仪) filed for legal separation

2007 (end) Gallen and Sophie’s romance reports surfaced. (casted in the same series)

2008 (early) proceeded to file for divorce

2008 1/30 Gallen and Sophie got engaged

2008 (July) divorce finalized

2008 9/9 marriage registered

2009 12/12 official wedding banquet

So even before their divorce was official, Gallen and Sophie got engaged with much fanfare.

**********************
        2007年初两人协议分居。2008年初办理离婚手续
        在2008年7月初,罗嘉良承认已与方敏仪协议离婚。

news 2008 Jan
        And Gallen’s engagement to Sophie and their high profile romance greatly hurt ex-wife.

“捞家”高调摆喜宴,伤透前妻心
          “捞家”离婚时,坚称没有“第三者”,不料,半年后却跟宣布与拍拖几个月的中国女演员苏岩(34岁)订婚,近日更在北京买爱巢,还高调宣布将在北京、济南(苏岩家乡)及香港三地摆酒,大宴亲朋,令前妻大受打击。

离婚初期,方敏仪很不开心,经常哭着找朋友诉苦。
          “好难,她才振作起来,但‘捞家’这么快就宣布要再婚,又形容他和苏岩的恋爱好美丽,还说会大搞婚礼,令她再一次大受打击。”。

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • clamine replied:

Oophs!

Made a mistake on the year of Gallen’s engagement, and that of his and Sophie’s marriage registration. It was 2009 not 2008.

My bad!

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • clamine replied:

correction:

2007 (early) Gallen & ex-wife (方敏仪) filed for legal separation

2008 (early) proceeded to file for divorce
        2008 (July) divorce finalized

2009 1/30 Gallen and Sophie got engaged
        2009 9/9 G & S registered their marriage
        2009 12/12 G & S wedding banquet

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
    • kiki replied:

i know, sick and tired of such men who dated the ex 1st wives forever n finally married them but later on divorced n then they go on n on how the 2nd time is better n make them a better person. WTH, he hardly mentions the first wive and his FIRST SON and now on n on about how lucky he is now…phewwwww….please…

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
      • summerscent replied:

I totally agree. I used to like him too, but after he divorced his long time partner , wife then he met this current wife and saying marriage/family is so important. how sick!! so his first marriage and son is not important before? hate men like him!! i totally lose respect for him and don’t like to watch his drama anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to summerscent
    • Linnh replied:

Me too, I don’t know if im wrong or right when I say that this guy anger me, but actually he does. We sure don’t know the inner reason for the first split up, but I still can’t stand watching him brag about his second relationship, while he never talk about his first one, while she was the one who standed beside him when he was in the bottom of his life.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • jojo replied:

well, be positive… human needs to move forward, we can’t dwell in the past. besides, we never know the real problem behind his previous marriage, maybe his ex-wife is happier than him now 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to jojo
      • Cloud replied:

I doubt his ex-wife is happier now, especially this ex-husband never once mentioned their son. Does he even visit his son at all? I agree that there’s no point to stay in a marriage if he/she or both party is unhappy. Sometimes it’s best to move forward, but one should do it with grace.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
      • Kidd replied:

@ Cloud

This article said Gallen attended the elementary school graduation of his son from his first marriage. So, I think he still visits his son.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Cloud replied:

@ Kidd

Lol. How did I miss that part? I guess he’s not that bad to his first child after all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
      • Terminator replied:

The only problem is that his son is now 20 and haven’t seen his dad for God knows how long.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
    • HeTieShou replied:

I was a bit mad reading this too… He suffered a failed marriage and has the nerve to reveal the secrets to a loving and happy marriage?? Does he even qualify to do so?? He acts as if his current marriage was his first one ever and treats his ex wife and son as if they never existed..

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • sandcherry replied:

HeTieShou:
        Excellent points. If it was Gallen Lo’s FIRST marriage, it would make sense. Unfortunately, he ruined his first marriage, his ex-wife and his son, he’s not qualified to make this kind of statement.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

Sandcherry,
        Thanks and he does talk as if this is his first marriage ever… Geez… I wonder if he has any guilt towards his ex wife and son??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • sandcherry replied:

I doubt it. Gallen never mentioned about his first marriage. Perhaps he wants to be “Mr. Forgetful of his first marriage”! Some people are so cold and irresponsible. There are a lot of divorced artistes who still care about their children from previous marriages, but Gallen does not seem to be one.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • sandcherry replied:

He never talked about his son either. He sounded that his baby will be his only child.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

THat is just sooo sad… I can understand if he no longer cares for his first wife, but his first son is his own blood. I wonder how he can just disregard him like that?? But then again, he may provide financial support for him that we don’t know about so who really knows??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
        Gallen’s private life is not frequently reported. From what I read in tabloids 2 to 3 years ago, his ex-wife does not work. With his success in China, I’m sure Gallen has been paying financial support for his son.

Btw, how old is Gallen’s son now? Living far away, he last saw his son in June, so it may be roughly 2 to 3 times per year that he visits. Divorced parents who live far away would naturally see less of their children.

Choosing the path of divorce is difficult for anyone and making such a choice doesn’t mean the parent loves the child less. A lot of children also have these negative feelings of a divorced parent abandoning them behind. Married or divorced, some people are just less involved as parents and it’s difficult to argue whether this means less love towards their children.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • jayne replied:

HeTieShou, Sandcherry,

Although Gallen’s first marriage ended in divorce, he does deserve a second chance in happiness. The first marriage obviously did not give him happiness, which is why it ended and why he doesn’t speak of it much.

Since his wife has custody of his son, he would spend less time with him. Now that he is married and chose to live in Beijing, he will naturally spend less time with his son. It is a lifestyle choice that many divorced parents have to make, when they decide to move on to a second marriage and have children in the second marriage, this will detract time away from their children born in a first marriage.

He may love his son in less obvious ways than to talk about him in interviews. Since Gallen is a public figure, talking about his son would raise curiosity over his ex-wife, which is something he may not want to do.

I think everyone deserves happiness. In his interview with ifeng, Gallen revealed that he has always been a man of few words who did not know how to express himself. When he decided to join Weibo, he didn’t know what to write in his updates. So he started writing and posting pics of his second wife, Sophie, because it was his real feelings and he wanted to write in a straightforward manner. He wanted to share his happiness and affect others with his happiness, and let them know that life and the world is positive. Which is also likely the reason why he spoke at length of how he gets along with Sophie in the interview.

I sense a lot of positivity in Gallen these days, versus in the old days he came across as a man with an old spirit, somewhat dull eyes off screen. Perhaps he was not happy with his first marriage for the longest time and stayed married for the sake of his son.

When I read the interview, I did not consider that his feelings would hurt his ex-wife. It has been more than 3 years since their divorce and Gallen should be allowed to move on with his life. He did not speak about Sophie so exuberantly right after his divorce with his ex-wife, years have already passed.

I was affected by Gallen’s words in the interview, especially when he revealed how he has managed to maintain a healthy relationship and marriage with Sophie. It’s not an easy thing to do for many married couples, to evolve and grow closer together instead of further apart. I saw the wisdom in his words and although his advice is simple, he speaks from experience and you can see that he tries very hard in the relationship to make his wife happy.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • HeTieShou replied:

Jayne,
        You bought up some good points and I do agree that we truly don’t know what happens behind the scenes. However, I really don’t like how he constantly rubs in and is so public in his love for his current wife. Sort of reminds me of how Moses treated Bernice versus how he is rubbing in his “love” for Aimee. You know what I mean?? You just can’t help and feel sorry for their first wife/love.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
        I don’t think Gallen meant to rub it in that he was miserable in his first marriage and now exuberantly happy he is in his second marriage. People naturally talk about what is important to them in their lives and Sophie is now Gallen’s most important person. Marriages fail for many different reasons; divorce is supposed to end that pain and hurt. Why must people continue to suffer after getting divorce? Especially when it has been 3 years for Gallen?

It is actually a good thing to move on and find new sources of happiness. A good thing that failure from a past marriage still give you courage to find love and give marriage another try.

For some divorced parents, it is very difficult to re-marry again, especially if it is a single mother with a young child. Practically speaking, finding another divorced partner would be easier on the emotional level, but then you have to deal with that partner’s children from a previous marriage.

As with a couple who is married with children, their responsibilities and involvement with their own children will differ. The same towards a divorced couple. As long as the children are made to understand that this does not mean that divorced parent loves them any less and have feelings of inadequacy.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • sandcherry replied:

Jayne:
        Thanks for clarifying Gallen’s statement. I guess everyone has a different point of view towards marriage, family, and happiness.

It is good that Gallen has found his happiness eventually.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

I also want to add that Gallen does deserve happiness, but to have an article about this how he shares happiness and all just makes me feel a bit… I do believe that he should move on and deserves happiness and all,however, he should not rub it in as if he is the ideal husband and father when as we can see from his marriage that he was not.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • HeTieShou replied:

Jayne,
        A bit off topic, but do you have any recent news on Maggie Cheung Man yuk? I recently heard she was really depressed due to her ailing career and sad love life. Really feel bad for her…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
        You can search on Baidu regarding any recent news on Maggie. I came across some news that she had drastically lost weight due to back luck in love life. But the article had only a photo and a few lines, not much detail so I’m not sure what truly happened.

I’ll like to add that given any situation, we have to make choices in our own lifestyle. Even getting divorced, having bad luck in career, money, or love, we can choose to face situations with more positivity.

I really like Ben Wong’s quote from the other day: “一念成人一念成魔” (One thought can make a person; one thought can make a devil.) Although he was speaking about one’s thoughts over good versus evil, you can apply the same quote towards happiness versus sadness. It is one thought away; what you choose to think is what you will become.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • HeTieShou replied:

jayne,
        Oh ok, thanks and I read about that already… it is sad that some artists can have an even sadder life than the average citizen.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Applelim replied:

I read somewhere that he met his first wife at secondary school and she supported him through his acting career.
        Therefore she needs a bit of respect though the hard times they had together.
        He deserves happiness now if their
        marriage are over but he could be discreet
        and try not to rub salt in the wound. Morevoer their son must be old enough to read this piece of news

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
    • Fox replied:

Yup, it is hurtful if his 1st wife and the son read these things.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  3. TVBfadan says:

Love Gallen Lo. Great for him that this is occurring. Wish to see him more in TVB dramas but I guess after being TV King for 3 times, he has no use for TVB anymore. Regardless, he is a brilliant actor and I wish him the best.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBfadan
  4. sandcherry says:

Glad that eventually Gallen Lo has learned to be a good husband. If he knew it before, his first marriage could have been saved!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  5. Lee says:

Any idea whether the baby is a boy or girl?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  6. pandamao says:

Gallen and Moses are both jerks in my dictionary. I am not upset that they found their true love but because the two of them aren’t considering their exes. You don’t do things like this when you know it will hurt your ex.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
    • sandcherry replied:

Moses Chan is a bit different. He has not married Bernice Liu yet and they had only dated a few years. Many actors are like that in the entertainment industry. We cannot expect people to marry their first love

On the other hand, Gallen had dated his ex-wife for approx. 10 years before they finally got married. They married for quite a few years and had a young son before their marriage broke up, and it was Gallen’s sole decision. His wife never said a single word to the press.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • sandcherry replied:

Moreover, Moses was not Bernice’s first boyfriend. Her first boyfriend in Hong Kong was Harwick Lau. They dated for a few years before Bernice started her relationship with Moses Chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • pandamao replied:

perhaps it was their overly in the media that disgusted me … moses of course isn’t as severe but he’s went down in ranking for me.

i loved him in family guy and healing hands, so sad …

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  7. Ita says:

I actually lost respect of him. His wife must feel very hurt reading this article. For Wayne lai I think he is kind of cheated his wife too back then. Isn’t it same as bobby au, Donny yuen, and jet lee. Some of them leave his wife after some success and remarried.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
    • Fox replied:

True. I don’t rmb which article I read but Wayne’s comment about his first wife also gave me the same feeling with Gallen’s comment in here. He said something like his second wife is heaven and first wife is hell when if I rmb rite, he had relationship with his second wife when he was still in the marriage with his first wife.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  8. leila says:

I rather find true love than to be stuck in a love-less marriage for the remainder of my life.

Login or Register before you can reply to leila
    • HeTieShou replied:

Unfortunately, there are times when you cannot find true love in one lifetime…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Cloud replied:

What’s true love anyways? People come and go. Love comes and goes, and then when we decide to stay with our partners it’s because we don’t want to grow old and lonely. It’s like having a dog by your side as a companion, except that often times dogs are more loyal than spouses.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
      • Woot replied:

True.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
  9. organic says:

he does not look healthy, must be the food in china, he should have gone to taiwan instead, look at adam cheng, gallen’s senior but has a more youthful face than gallen, staying and working in china is not a good option, face and body says it all

Login or Register before you can reply to organic
    • Smile replied:

it’s the toxic air and crap they just throw into the waters.

Login or Register before you can reply to Smile
    • sandcherry replied:

Gallen Lo loves drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes, plus he loves eating hot and spicy food. Probably his health has been “jeopardized” by his living and eating habits.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  10. organic says:

not only that, the restaurants in china use recycle oil, some rascals collect oil from the gutter, reboil the oil and sell it the oil to restaurants, 7 stars hotels use these cooking oil too, can watch it in youtube, eating overnight food causes cancer already, taking this oil is worse, there are fake eggs in china, these eggs look the same as the real deal but are made from chemical, least to say there is no organic food in china, most of the land has been contaminated already, how do you value money? is the money any good if you’re earning well and eating poisonous food? look at him, can imagine he and current wife are eating the same food, what is the child getting from mom?

Login or Register before you can reply to organic
  11. Ela says:

The last person I’ll take marriage or love advice from. Used to think he’s handsome but now he is looking more like a rat than human.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ela
    • rene replied:

Agree

Login or Register before you can reply to rene
  12. Nicole says:

” He felt open to even getting matching leg tattoos with Sophie. “I can break through and do many things, such as getting my ears pierced, she will not control me. ”
    When I read this line from a 49 years old pushing 50, I suddenly understand why he’s such a big azz jerk. He is still a jerky teenage boy who never grew up. A 50 year old getting pierced ears and tattoos? LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    • chantilly replied:

hahaah LOL, best comment ever. I know right? i always find it ODD that men over even the age of 30 still getting fresh tattoos STRANGE and WEIRD and this dude is like an old bag now and he’s still doing what rebellious teens do? It just shows you how childish he can be and inconsiderate for a kid of this mentality. I remember one of my old colleague is like this as well, she’s pushing 35 w/live in b/f both still thinking of getting tattoos and not tiny ones but all over th arms? We are thinking what are you still 17???? hahaa…so weird this kind of people… but i do read it somewhere that he is the one dumping the wife n i think he did admit at one point that he is NOT very close to his first child. BIG ASS JERK…

Login or Register before you can reply to chantilly
      • Kidd replied:

Tattoos are for adults. Some states in US forbid people under 18 to get tattoos.

I don’t see a problem with people over 30 getting tattoos. It might be an art form for them.

The majority of people in society are too restricted by human set values. If an adult person is not hurting anyone, why couldn’t he/she

– get a tattoo
        – read comics
        – watch anime and cartoons
        – play video games
        – collect toy figurines
        – dress funky or young

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  13. organic says:

they have all these beauties from china, previously everything was natural and organic, yes, but soon there won’t be because of contaminated foodstuffs, even the brain won’t work as well, chinese ppl like to dine on seafood like lobsters, abalones, crabs, prawns, shells, it is written in the bible that these are unclean animals, these animals clean the seabed, even some chinese ppl don’t take these food after having an operation, y? cos they know it is toxic, our body can only take in a certain amount, our liver cannot manage, look at natalis chan’s wife, wong hang sau, she used to be a beauty, not anymore cos she’s having abalone everyday, lydia sum died of liver cancer, most probably ate more seafood than her fair share of organic vegetables, fruits and nuts, china should go organic and not support genetic engineered food, its againts nature, our body cannot handle it, eating food contaminated with pesticides is similar to injecting botox to our body

Login or Register before you can reply to organic
    • Cloud replied:

It’s not only Chinese people who eat those foods. I live in California and people love eating those foods you mentioned.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
    • meat lover replied:

Stop bad mouthing the Chinese! I believe there are tonnes of people that go to “Red LOBSTER”, and “Joey’s SEAFOOD” which are nowhere near China. If you’re going to get cancer you’re going to get cancer no matter what you eat. Don’t bring the dead into your arguments and if you’re going to bring religion into it make sure its an article that actually has relations to it.

Login or Register before you can reply to meat lover
      • organic replied:

m a chinese too, just pointing out the facts, why you so sensitive meat lover? you can try eating abalones or lobsters only for 10 years and not touch anything else, let’s see what happens? i really want to know, by the way, are you a seafood dealer or anything close? cheers

Login or Register before you can reply to organic
      • organic replied:

now i know what it feels like being a celebrity, must really watch what i say or write cos others may misread or have their own comprehension of what they read haha, interesting, have more beans to spill but i guess you’ll have to find it out yourself, was thinking m not selfish by sharing facts.. good luck then, btwn, didn’t mean to be disrespectful of the dead, after all we will all go through that, just mentioning those names to make an impact, you savvy? anyway, its what this site is about, right? celebrities, can’t be using your name

Login or Register before you can reply to organic
    • Lee replied:

obvious troll is obvious

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  14. jolli says:

just got to put my two cents….

It would be hurtful to read about all this, I know all this…. NOW he can say he has found love and happiness.. you know what, its all about you and no one and one should not depend on another person to be happy.

Wish him all the best… what goes around comes around..

He talks as if he has just created a family and that his other child does not matter.. how sad..

Login or Register before you can reply to jolli
  15. Woot says:

I concur with everything that Jayne has said. And to add, there are only so much that we can know from the news and everything is pretty much on the surface. Who knows, perhaps the ex-wife prefers this arrangement rather than having him mentioning about their son or herself every time. We just wouldn’t know.

Also, like said by Jayne, everyone deserves happiness. I know it’s somewhat unacceptable that he found his ‘true’ one with Sophie, but I guess we shouldn’t dispel the possibility that he is truly happy with her and his previous was just without much love. You know, it is sad that one has to stay just because of responsibilities towards their children instead of love towards the wife/husband. Not that it’s only unfair for their partners, it’s rather an emotionally draining being with someone you have no feelings for and a lifetime regret not being able to find another half that you love wholeheartedly.

So, I’m happy that he’s found his happiness despite it all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
  16. swan says:

I just wanted to point out that one difference between his first and second marriage is that his current wife is also a public figure, whereas his ex-wife is not. That could be why he talks about his new wife more. Like others have said, maybe his ex-wife didn’t and doesn’t want to be in the limelight. In that case, it wouldn’t be fair for him to keep talking about her.

Also, with the explosion of social media, EVERYONE is sharing more of their personal lives with the public. This also contributes to the feeling that Gallen is “rubbing in” the happiness of his new marriage while appearing to have “ignored” his previous one.

From the article, Gallen is talking about things that he has learned and things he has changed about himself. If he feels he has become a better person, I don’t see why he cannot share his thoughts. Just because a person made wrong decisions in the past does not mean he cannot learn from his mistakes and give good advice later on. In fact, I’d say the best advice probably comes from people who HAVE made wrong choices before!

I guess one of the things about being a public figure is that you have to live with the fact that the public will judge you for things you may or may not have done. I mean, we probably do that to people we meet daily; we see someone do one thing and it gives us a certain impression about that person that might not be true. Consciously or subconsciously, hearing all the rumours and gossip gives us an impression about the kind of people celebrities are, when in reality we don’t know them at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to swan
    • Astonishing replied:

Amen. Although I don’t particularly like Gallen, these are most certainly wise thoughts and unbiased words. We need more people like you.

Login or Register before you can reply to Astonishing
    • HeTieShou replied:

Good points swan and I must say that I did not dislike Gallen before and used to love his acting. However, I still feel bad for his first wife and son. But everyone does make mistakes and it is great if he has changed for the better. Everyone has a past and while some are worse than others, it is most important to learn from your past mistakes. I guess many just cannot ignore the irony due to his first unhappy marriage…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou

“Gallen Lo Reveals Secrets of a Healthy and Happy Marriage”

Marry for love? Preferably a younger hotter looking woman?

Isn’t this a bit too early to boast? What if they separate next year? Wouldn’t this be a joke? I mean right now probably Michael Miu is qualified to reveal the secrets to happy marriage.

• sandcherry replied:

Good point! Michael Miu is qualified for it.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Kidd replied:

Haha. That is true. Beside Michael Miu, there are also Nat Chan, Jacky Cheung, Kong Wah, Sean Lau. These guys have stayed married longer than him. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Nicole replied:

Isn’t Kong Wah’s affair with Sherem in the past kinda confirmed?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Kidd replied:

I don’t remember there is a confirmation of affair. What I read is Sheren blurted out that she loves Kong Wah while she was drunk.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Nicole replied:

No, I meant in the last few years, during RB or RB2 there was an interview of sheren, and she spoke of regretting being with a married man in the past.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Kidd replied:

Ok, I go search their news. Seems like there is some kind of confirmation.

So, Kong Wah should be taken off the list. :p

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Funn Lim replied:

No there was no affair. From what I read she was drunk when she confessed. She was in love with him but he was married and he did not reciprocate!

• Kidd replied:

Read some interviews of Kitman and Kong Wah. Despite a past 3rd party incident, they are still qualified to reveal secrets of happy marriage. They have come a long way and both have made great efforts to maintain the marriage and the love within. They really move as one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Nicole replied:

Kidd, then you should include Joe Ma in your list too, despite there being 3rd party, but him and his wife seem to know how to maintain a marriage. His wife especially, seems very smart and forgiving.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Nicole replied:

@Funn, if there was no affair, then why the wife needs to talk about forgiveness and all ? If Sheren only fell in love with Kong Wah, there shouldn’t be a need to forgive, as in that case, she would need to forgive many female fans as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Funn Lim replied:

Forgiveness can be about another woman or another matter. I do not think Sheren is an affair. It was as I read single sided love or if any, affair of the heart. Therefore there was no affair nor was it kinda, sorta, confirmed.

• Nicole replied:

From Kitman’s interview:
        “(Did Sheren make you mad?) “At the time I was very mad at her. ”
        So this woman? Or another woman?

Don’t worry, we all do wrong things in our youth. It’s about moving past it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Funn Lim replied:

Just found the link for anyone interested.

Now I am sorta disappointed, I always thought he might have had an affair with another actress as they seemed playful together and Sheren was someone else as in affair of the heart. So it was physical. Sorry for doubting you. But then so long has passed and he is still with his wife. And all of them are now devout Christians. Hence the forgiveness thing.

• Funn Lim replied:

I wonder is she still single because of that affair (hurt) or something else?

• Nicole replied:

It’s about learning from that experience, and not repeating the same mistake again. Only becomes a problem when someone keep making the same mistake again.

Probably that’s why she’s afraid to love. But wasn’t there news recently about Sheren having a boyfriend? Her tone was quite mysteriously happy about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Tegan replied:

Yeah, I remember the recent rumour/news about Sheren getting a boyfriend. She sounded quite mysterious about it in an interview and made a mysterious comment saying we’ll find out more in November. I wonder if there’s been any follow-up to that news? It’s nearly the end of November now.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
  18. Terminator says:

Rule number 1: ditched your old hag of a first wife who sacrificed for you during the struggling years and ignore your son.

Rule number 2: find a young number from Mainland who is young enough to be your daughter and act lovey dovey like it’s your first.

Voila, that’s the secret to marital success.

Login or Register before you can reply to Terminator
  19. Theresa says:

At first when I read this article, I feel a little disturbed as he seems to have lost his sensitive side on his ex-wife’s and his son’s feeling.

However the more you read, you may realise that there are some portions which you tend to agree with. For example, praise each other, telling each other how much you love him every day as well as being yourself does make a relationship continue to glow. Normally married couples tend to forget all these small and yet essential actions. Afterall, is it all these actions make us become a couple in the first place before marriage? Hence, why should we stop doing them after marriage?

Nevertheless I have stopped supporting his drama faithfully since he divorces with his first wife. Afterall she has been with him for so many years from him being a poor non-known actor to someone who has healthy bank account.

Let’s hope his second marriage works as afterall marriage is a form of blessing arranged by the heaven and we should take it seriously.

Login or Register before you can reply to Theresa
  20. hcfoo says:

Why 2 persons need to stay in a marriage if they are not happy? If either one party is unhappy, they should stop being in that relationship rather than continue to suffer and feel trapped. Gallen did the right thing or else he won’t be able to find happiness now. And who knows whether his ex wife is happy or unhappy now? But I believe there are more good things than bad things happen by making the decision to divorce.

Login or Register before you can reply to hcfoo
  21. 939393 says:

Goodness! Sophie looks like Michelle Yim in this photo!

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  22. Ita says:

The title make me laugh, he only married for one year and give other tips for happy marriage?. That statement is more to made by someone who married for long time. This is her 2 nd marriage and it’s only been 1 year. Chehhh….

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
  23. gia says:

Pass me the sick bucket!
    Tell me your secret after you’ve been happily married over 20 yrs.I agreed he is entitled to happiness but i guess discreet is not in his vocabulary.

Login or Register before you can reply to gia
  24. c says:

“As long as my wife likes something, I will like it too,” Gallen spoke about their healthy relationship.”

Ya. that is so healthy.
    no personal character. thumbs up.

Login or Register before you can reply to c
    • HeTieShou replied:

I also don’t consider that healthy at all.. it’s like he has no personal opinion and has to go with what she likes… I find that sad actually..

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Veejay replied:

He only said that because he knew young hot chick won’t fall for his old charm anymore hence he’s scared his lovely dovey young wife will abandon him! keke.

but anyways, i used to really like him during his younger days..and totally lost respect now after he came out with how blissful his life is……

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
  25. apple says:

Gallen doesn’t look healthy but he is very much in love now.

Login or Register before you can reply to apple
    • Larry 3 replied:

He’s never been healthy when he was in his TVB heydays.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3