“Ghost of Relativity” Tops TVB Ratings, Peaking at 34 Points

By on August 10, 2015 in NEWS, TV Dramas

“Ghost of Relativity” Tops TVB Ratings, Peaking at 34 Points

TVB-produced dramas Ghost of Relativity <鬼同你OT> and Brick Slaves <楼奴> have recently achieved successful ratings, with Ghost of Relativity even trumping the average viewership rate for the phenomenally popular Mainland Chinese drama The Empress of China <武则天> during its Hong Kong broadcast run.

Starring Moses Chan (陈豪), Kristal Tin (蕊妮) and Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Ghost of Relativity broadcast its final episode to an impressive 30 ratings points (approximately 1.94 million viewers), and peaked at 34 points (approximately 2.2 million viewers). Throughout the series, the average viewership rate hovered at around 27 points (approximately 1.74 million viewers).

While The Empress of China achieved higher ratings for certain individual episodes – 33 points for its finale and 37 points at its peak – , the length of the drama series (74 episodes in total) meant that the average viewership rate for the entire drama was lower, at 26 points.

The two dramas are the top two most-watched dramas of TVB for 2015 so far, with Noblesse Oblige <宦海奇官> coming in third place, with an average viewership rate of 25 points.

Airing since August 3, Brick Slaves’ average ratings stands at 25 points, with the most-watched episode achieving 28 points. Compared to recent falling ratings, TVB was extremely satisfied with Ghost of Relativity and Brick Slaves’ viewership results.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

13 comments to “Ghost of Relativity” Tops TVB Ratings, Peaking at 34 Points

1. coralie says:

I don’t really get the ending. Is CC, the daughter, the reincarnation of Nancy or has Nancy stuck by her creepy principle of being by Moses’ side forever by entering his daughter’s body? I mean…the kid has electric power. If she really disappeared for sure, she would’ve lost that ability.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • mike replied:

@coralie HK viewers love happy endings. Its just a bit creepy but happy ending nevertheless.

Login or Register before you can reply to mike
  2. anthony says:

Very very close to the ambitious 35pt they aimed for, and is a rarity in TVB these days.
    Also feel free to read my review: http://hongkongtvseriescritic.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/tvb-ghost-of-relativity-review-ot.html

Login or Register before you can reply to anthony
  3. dramadrama says:

Most prob the ending means that the electrical impulse from Nancy was transfered to the daughter. In another words, reincarnation. The electric power is just an additional elaboration. I watched it for Nancy, but dissapointed cos her role is not a lot….

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
  4. onlyyou says:

I always wonder what is in Michael (Moses Chan) that female role falls in. I can only see his playing as innocent or dumb or in between. It is a bit overrated.

Login or Register before you can reply to onlyyou
    • bubbles23 replied:

@onlyyou yeah ikr, tbh the series was a bit ridiculous

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles23
      • jjwong replied:

@bubbles23 This series was ridiculous indeed. Their spin on Nancy as not ghost but “sci-fi” crap is…well crappy. 99% of the time, I want to slap Mose becuse of his horrible acting. The interactions between the 2 female leads were funny at first. Then there were way too many monologues in this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
    • coralie replied:

@onlyyou Michael isn’t what you would call saavy in life. He’s a full blown nerd who has limited experience with the outside world. Think Steve Jobs or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet. All of those guys are entirely focused on making money, honing their craft, building their empire. Warren Buffet doesn’t even dress himself in the morning because his every waking moment is spent thinking business or work. I think Moses’ interpretation is spot on, except without the abrasiveness that a lot of focused people exhibit — again, think Steve Jobs.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • coralie replied:

@onlyyou Also, asking who can love such a person? Well, if you know a guy who’s a creative genius and sweet and innocent and good to you, wouldn’t you find that attractive? Lots of nerds are like that. Guess you wouldn’t find that attractive but I find guys who are work-focused to the detriment of all else, not such a bad trait…in comparison to many other unsavory habits.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  5. mdo7 says:

I started to watch this drama when I was vacationing in Vietnam for 1 month (It was dubbed in Vietnamese by the way). It looks interesting, I wish Dramafever could pick this up for the US/Canadian market since other TVB dramas are being picked up.

I don’t want to bring up K-dramas in this thread, but I want to note that the plot/premise of Ghost of relativity share similarities to TVN’s Oh my Ghostess from South Korea:

Both Oh my Ghostess and Ghost of relativity came out during the same period. I’m not accusing TVB of plagiarizing K-dramas but did TVB’s screenwriters have friends in South Korea. Because it’s kind of a odd coincidence for TVB’s Ghost of Relativity and South Korea’s Oh my Ghostess to share similar premise and both coming at the same time.

Login or Register before you can reply to mdo7
  6. coralie says:

I don’t understand the Moses bashing. It’s been clear that Moses is a good actor, even prior to this drama. In here, he’s supposed to be kind of a wooden nerd, but innocent, smart & sweet. He’s played this character with that angle and I think he’s met the mark. Those who thinks he can’t act needs to rewatch his earlier works or even his work before this one. He’s doing this on purpose.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  7. freedalas says:

Is this a joke or what? GOR is the worst drama from TVB this year and it got the highest rating? What’s happening to Hong Kong viewers? The drama hinges entirely on one idea and that is Nancy Wu being seen and heard only by Kristal. It’s an old and overused trick that isn’t funny anymore. The plot never got off after the first and second episodes with no interesting developments. It was tiresome to watch from the third episode on. In fact if you were to watch every alternate chapter or alternate two chapters, you won’t miss a thing. The only saving grace if at all is the chemistry between Willie and Mimi Choo that provided some hilarious moments. chemis drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
  8. holiday says:

I love this drama nancy truly outshined everyone here

Login or Register before you can reply to holiday