Jimmy Lin Causes a Flight to Delay?
Taiwan’s top 90’s idol Jimmy Lin (林志穎) is well-loved by fans even after over 20 years in the industry, but a recent mishap on a flight has caused the Taiwanese actor to receive a few complaints from several passengers.
On November 29, Jimmy boarded a Cathay Pacific flight in Hong Kong en route to Taiwan. Moments after the final boarding was announced and when all passengers were seated, Jimmy asked for his checked-in luggage. According to the report, Jimmy’s flight was delayed half and hour so his assistant could retrieve his items.
Although Jimmy was very polite and apologetic during the process, complaints were filed, with one passenger telling the Hong Kong media that Jimmy had caused a 30-minute delay and that his actions were “selfish.”
According to Cathay Pacific, the doors closed at 10:56 p.m., and the expected take-off time, after a few minutes of delay, was 10:58 p.m. Expected time of arrival to Taipei was 12:32 a.m. There were no long delays.
On December 6, Jimmy posted a response on his Weibo. He said the following:
- It’s true that after boarding, [we] discovered that we have forgotten an important item. I then asked my assistant to exit the plane to retrieve the item.
- The flight was still able to close the cabin doors in time, and my incident alone did not cause any changes to the flight’s take off and landing. We even arrived at the destination a minute before scheduled.
- I did not use privilege, nor do I have privilege.
- Please remember to hold onto your belongings, please remember to hold onto your belongs, please remember to hold onto your belongings – this is so important that repeating it three times is necessary.
- Thank you for your supervision.
“To have something like this become news, I am terribly sorry to everyone. I apologize.”
This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.