Joe Chen Announces Relationship with Malaysian Rich 2G

By on December 2, 2019 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Joe Chen Announces Relationship with Malaysian Rich 2G

Taiwanese actress Joe Chen (陈乔恩) has found love and announced that she is currently in a relationship with Malaysian rich second-generation Alan Chen (曾伟昌). Meeting on Chinese reality show Meeting Mr. Right 2 <女儿们的恋爱2>, the 40-year-old actress was attracted to the 31-year-old artist’s warm and gentle personality.

Although Joe has finally found romance after professing to be single for six years, viewers aren’t too pleased and don’t see her new relationship favorably. Aside from criticizing Alan for his plain looks, they dug deeper into his social media activities and discovered that he follows and likes the bikini photos of many popular model/ social influencers on Instagram. Pointing out his poor conduct and flirtatious ways, they hoped Joe would reconsider in dating him.

In announcing her new relationship, Joe wrote, “Coming to film Meeting Mr. Right means I want to fall in love. I didn’t come for the money. Thanks to the production team. Thank you for the blessings brought by the dolphins. There are no script and no lines. Thank you for everyone’s attention. Love did not give up on me, because it won’t let go of anyone who believes in it.”

Alan also made a similar post in thanking the show and Joe, “In the world of billions of people, we were meant to find each other. Love never leave us or anybody. A life of a few decades is too short for anything, so just be brave to love!”

Joe had agreed to appear in Meeting Mr. Right 2 with an open heart. Feeling often insecure and discriminated due to her age, she appeared cautious but open-minded to embrace a romantic relationship. Though their age gap and location brought the two some concerns during their dates on the show, Joe was attracted by Alan’s warm exterior which she believes reflects his good family upbringing.

It is unknown how their relationship will unfold, but based on viewers’ criticisms against Alan due to his Instagram activities, the couple may have a difficult time in managing their relationship in the public eye.

Recap on Joe and Alan’s Dates

Sources: Netease [1,2]

This article is written by Minna for JayneStars.com.

Joe Chen: “I Prefer Money Rather Than Companionship When I Grow Old”

12 comments to Joe Chen Announces Relationship with Malaysian Rich 2G

1. wm2017 says:

Young, rich & ok cute…hummm…lol..good luck really.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
  2. hetieshou says:

He seems like a decent guy. It is more than looks when it comes to anyone. Plus he is young and rich but Joe herself is not poor so I hope she is not just going for the money only. I have a feeling she values love more than money. The netizens are so nit picking. If all he does is like photos of models, I do not see anything wrong with that. I hope Joe has finally found happiness and will announce her marriage soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
    • prettysup1 replied:

@hetieshou He has replied on his instagram that those models are his friends who hold other full-time jobs. Anyway I also find those netizens too busybody, he has the freedom to like anyone or anything on his own social media account.

Login or Register before you can reply to prettysup1
  3. foodie says:

Allow time to tell where this will lead….. Enjoy the experience.

Login or Register before you can reply to foodie
  4. parisnights says:

Happy for joe Chen for finding love at 40

Login or Register before you can reply to parisnights
  5. cutie777 says:

She’s lucky that he doesn’t mind about her age.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
    • hetieshou replied:

@cutie777
      True but some men prefer older women. It just depends on the person.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
  6. coralie says:

Happy she found someone in her life. I hope the relationship lasts in spite of their age gap. He still seems very young…might want kids later down the line, so Joe needs to start planning now.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    • hetieshou replied:

@coralie
      Alyssa Jia is 9 years older than her current husband and they are happily married with 2 kids and one from her first marriage. It is more than age in order to stay together and be happy.

Lin Chi Ling is 7-8 years older than her new husband. I guess love should be dependent on much more than age.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • coralie replied:

@hetieshou i didn’t mean the age gap would prevent them from having a happily ever after. however, some guys don’t think far ahead and don’t place maternal age into consideration when they date older women. what ends up happening is that they want children later on and their partner can no longer pursue that option. which means break up. alyssa chia was still able to have kids when she married her current husband. joe is at a late maternal age already, so, that’s where the issue lies.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
      • hetieshou replied:

@coralie
        Oh ok, but honestly if he does intend to have a future with her then I am sure that thought did cross his mind. It is still possible for her to have kids. Ada Choi just had a healthy baby at 45-46. Lin Chi Ling is 44 and just married and I doubt her husband would leave her if she truly was unable to have kids. I actually find it very sad if a marriage or relationship breaks apart just because a woman cannot have kids. Some just naturally cannot have kids and it is not due to age only. My late uncle was unable to so he just adopted a girl who loved and took care of him and my aunt(his wife) until their last day. At times it is the guy who is infertile not the girl so it is not always the girl’s fault if a couple cannot have kids. It is a good option to adopt if you cannot have your own which is what Irene Wan did.

But I get what you are saying as my late mom’s late friend married young but naturally could not have kids so her husband’s family literally gave her back to her family which I found sad. Her husband’s side of the family loved her as she was perfect in every way but the only thing was that she could not have kids. Her former husband then remarried and had 2-3 kids. She ended up remarrying and adopting 3 children and her niece and raised them as her own kids. They were all good her til her last day. I also have an aunt who became infertile due to medication she took but her husband (my uncle) did not mind and loves and married her anyways. They are now happily married even though they have no children.

But I must say that having children or not does not necessarily always make or break a marriage or relationship. It just depends on the couple. In Joe’s case, if this guy is serious about her, maybe he is open to adoption or does not mind if she can have kids or not. The next thing you know, maybe he is the one who is infertile like in my uncle’s case, who knows?

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • coralie replied:

@hetieshou regardless of what you and I see as poor excuse to break up a relationship (lack of children), plenty of couples have broken up due to this very reason. yes, that might not be true for joe and her new bf, but this is the risk with dating younger men when you’re at an older age. it’s their ignorance with what they want and what they may actually get.

we all want to hope for the best and think that the men won’t leave even if there’s no baby, which is definitely possible (like Dicky Cheung and his wife, Carina Lau and Tony Leung, Sean Lau and Amy Kwok, etc), but examples of men leaving due to childless relationships outnumber the ones who stay, especially in asian culture, where pressure to carry on the family line trenches deeply into societal fabric. adoption is not viewed as favorably and very few asians actually adopt. even if they do adopt, unless they’re public figures, they usually keep the adoption a secret.

this isn’t to say they can’t use IVF or something to make pregnancy happen, but if that’s true, joe really needs to start planning now instead of later, like i said in my original post. and if IVF fails, this may compromise the relationship as explained above.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie