Myolie Wu Apologizes for Faking Johnson Lee Romance

By on March 5, 2014 in NEWS

Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) mislead fans into believing that she had fallen for Johnson Lee (李思捷), who had accompanied her on vacation to South Korea this week. Some fans were anxious that Myolie would get hurt in dating Johnson, who is known for his flirtatious personality. As the public reeled in shock and growing concerns were voiced online, Myolie revealed her “dating announcement” was only a prank. Realizing fans were upset, she promised, “I won’t lie to everyone again!”

Myolie announced earlier that she will be taking a vacation to South Korea with close friends, Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and Paisley Wu (胡蓓蔚). When Johnson Lee showed up as the only male among the ladies, and Myolie was seen linking arms with him at the airport, it was suspected that the pair was dating. Myolie encouraged this belief by sharing a photo of herself hugging a mystery man and writing on her Sina Weibo account, “I’ve found [it]!” Although only the back of the man’s head was shown, his features resembled Johnson.

Disbelief flooded online social communities over Myolie’s dating choice, along with growing anxiety that Johnson’s colorful romantic past may lead to a poor match that would eventually leave Myolie heartbroken.

The prank lasted for approximately twelve hours, before Myolie finally admitted that she had tricked everyone. She realized that she had gone too far with the prank, explaining, “Actually ‘I’ve found’ a group of great friends who can share my happiness and grief. It’s great to have you guys! I also want to thank netizens’ concerns; I know you truly love me. Johnson said that I’m too serious and should goof off once in a while. I promise that I won’t lie to everyone again!”

Many expressed a sigh of relief that Myolie and Johnson were not a real couple. However, there was also some backlash over the lie. Johnson’s good friend, Joey Meng (萬綺雯) defended him, “It’s only a prank! He’s a big prankster and always does outrageous pranks!” Joey added, “The media always said that he has many girls, but they can all be friends with him. This proves that he has his reliable side. It didn’t hurt anyone; it’s only a prank!”

Myolie Wu Johnson Lee 10  Myolie Wu Johnson Lee 11

Sources: Weibo.com; On.cc

This article is written by Jayne for JayneStars.com.

• Johnson Lee Actually Pursued Myolie Wu?(10)
  • Myolie Wu’s 39th Birthday Wish Is to Have Another Baby(1)
  • 5 Cliques in the HK Entertainment Industry That You May Have Heard About(15)
  • Elaine Yiu Talks Every Member of the Nonsense Club(3)
  • Mandy Wong Surprises Friends at Australia Trip(1)
  • Myolie Wu Announces Pregnancy on Mother’s Day!(20)
  • Myolie Wu Opens Bridal Studio Business(3)
  • Nancy Wu Holds Red Birthday Party(10)
  • Myolie Wu to Take Break in South Korea with BFFs(17)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)

• 78 comments to Myolie Wu Apologizes for Faking Johnson Lee Romance

1. MW says:

These girls are smart. They needed someone to pay for everything. haha 🙂

BTW, they all need a good spanking for pulling the prank.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    2. happybi says:

It’s a good prank. Got everyone all heat up for it.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    3. jayne says:

I think the backlash is because everyone was worried Myolie would get hurt by dating Johnson. Our feelings were pranked upon.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    4. Jujubean says:

Very good damage control. Kudos! She sensed the backlash and know it wouldn’t work so she says it was just a prank. Lol. Oh oh conspiracy theory anyone? Myolie is a smart girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jujubean
    5. AC says:

I thought that it was a pretty good prank since I was actually fooled into thinking it was real. “Johnson said that I’m too serious and should goof off once in a while.” I think so too and that’s why I was surprised that she was goofing off. Kevin Cheng actually fell for the prank, but Linda knew it had to be a joke. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to AC

I am sure Johnson feels terrible because it was pretty unanimous when this prank was announced everyone voiced their reservation about his person, character and personality. Basically it backfired. I wonder how he feels to be called not good enough for Myolie?

Anyway knew it was fake, but he is still a lucky guy to be surrounded by so many women in the picture above.

• MonCheri replied:

Forreals, at least this might be a wakeup call for johnson? Either that, or spur him on haha.

Myolie seems like she used to be fun…but I guess not so much anymore since she has to watch her image?

Login or Register before you can reply to MonCheri
        • Nicoles replied:

Myolie looks disturbed in recent weeks because of Vanessa Yeung’s high profile romance that made Myolie also need to answer the media about her ex. She needs a break and glad that she finally can have fun again with these BFF on her side!

7. Tvbcom says:

Johnsonolie gate is Publicity stunt and self created hype that got the hype but went wrong because got backlashes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvbcom
      • Aurora1234 replied:

You’re also rude and making unfair accusations. There is nothing publicity or hype about this! It’s just a normal prank made by Myolie on her PERSONAL weibo and instagram!

Login or Register before you can reply to Aurora1234
    8. babycakes says:

Yes myolie its just a prank but it looks like you are the only one giving him a real smooch in that picture.

Login or Register before you can reply to babycakes
      • MW replied:

Maybe they’re all mocking her ex-Beau? haha 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Nicoles replied:

Haha yes but Myolie and Johnson are just BFF. He’s not Myolie’s type. I think it’s a smart thing to do if it’s a mockery at Myolie’s ex beau Bosco. I love Myolie’s fun prankster jokes.

• MW replied:

The group kissing photo on the right is absolutely “priceless”. I love it. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Barbiefan replied:

Count me in the group kiss pix was priceless. I hope Bosco and Vanessa see this and felt something bad. It’s a clever and priceless mockup from this cute besties aww.

I am very very happy that this is only a prank. I was stupid to thought it was real confession from Myolie. Myolie I’m sorry I didn’t get it was a prank at first I was stupid.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • Barbiefan replied:

How come my avatar is different from yesterday? Whatever.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • Nicoles replied:

Agree agree. Not only is the group kissing picture is priceless but it’s also a great mock up and parody at the dysfunctional odd couple BosVan. The girls+Johnson are smart and funny.

BosVan I don’t think they’ll last long.

• LeilaFan replied:

Haha, great comment babycakes.
        I was like, umm okay, you give him a kiss on the check, lol

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
    9. char says:

Why couldnt she do this on April’s fool day????!!

Login or Register before you can reply to char
      • MW replied:

Wouldn’t that be too obvious? May be more believable to do it closer to Valentine’s Day.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Larry 3 replied:

They could do it around last week of march and play along with stupid fans and the media.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
        • MW replied:

LOL

Would the girls let Johnson Lee endure the scrutiny for that long?

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Nicoles replied:

Although I’m a Myolie’s fan I agree that some of these so called fans or whoever believe the first picture posted are too stupid to believe this. Johnson Lee is well known for his pranks and he’s not Myolie’s type so it’s obvious that they’re just joking. The media also deserves a laugh for their stupidity.

10. TVBFanatic says:

lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    11. Winnie says:

Upsetting fans should get a grip. Myolie not need to apologize for the prank, people should not take celebs dating life so seriously. Get a life people.

Login or Register before you can reply to Winnie
    12. Hannahh says:

i was shocked too lol but soooo glad it’s just a prank. Good to see the girls are having load of fun on their trip.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
      • Aurora1234 replied:

I agree I’m surprised that Johnson Lee is in their group of BFF but I love their friendships! They all look very happy and having a lot of fun in the pictures that Myolie showed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aurora1234
    13. Christlike says:

Love this group of friends in the HK entertainment circle, but I didn’t know they were so close to Johnson too. Anyone know how Paisely met them since I’ve only remember seeing her in Hippocratic crush?

Login or Register before you can reply to Christlike
    14. Anthony says:

Myolie such an attention seeker. Who fakes their romance?

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
      • Aurora1234 replied:

You are a rude guy! Myolie just post in her PERSONAL weibo and instagram as a harmless prank how is that an attention seeker? You must be a Myolie hater who just want to bash her for anything she does. Get lost, hater. Support Myolie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aurora1234
        • Kidd replied:

I’m sure Myolie knows that many people are following her ‘personal’ weibo and instagram, including reporters.

She would be very stupid not to know that this prank will bring public attention to her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
        • Barbiefan replied:

I am with Aurora. Kidd: Myolie just wants to have some fun since Johnson said she’s too tense and serious, it’s not her fault if the media and netizens fell for it. The media should leave her alone since her weibo is entitled to her. I’m happy that Myolie said that her fans from her fan club are supportive of her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • Barbiefan replied:

Myolie has also apologized and promises not to do this again and next time she will announce when she has a real relationship. What else do her antis want?

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • Nicoles replied:

Whatever Myolie wants to write in her weibo is her freedom and the media has no right to go overboard and disturb her happiness just because they want quick news. What does this have to do with Myolie having many followers? That just means that she has many enough fans that care for her and support her in everything she does, although I have to say I’m disappointed at some stupid fakers who claim they’re his fans but were bashing Johnson’s personality. Johnson may be a cheating boyfriend and a playboy, but he’s Myolie’s best friend who cares for her a lot. Who cares about his past with other women since he’s not Myolie’s boyfriend. That alone should gain him some respect from Myolie’s fans 🙂

• Nicoles replied:

I agree @Aurora1234 and @MW. Disagree with @Kidd

• Chriselle replied:

Just chill. It was a fun joke. It sure got me though. LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chriselle
        • Funn Lim replied:

If you want things to remain personal and no critique, then stop posting it in instagram, weibo, facebook, twitter and then cry about invasion of privacy. Luckily Myolie has more sense than to say that since after all it was a deliberate act for attention, and I suspect Johnson put her up to it. No worries for Myolie, her reputation is intact. But poor Johnson, now he knows how many of us think so poorly of him. He must be crying now.

• MW replied:

“But poor Johnson, now he knows how many of us think so poorly of him. He must be crying now.”

Johnson must have had a clue before this prank.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Funn Lim replied:

I don’t think he does. After all a person’s first assumption is he is naturally well liked. I think the last laugh is not on us or Myolie for pranking or teasing her fans but rather on Johnson himself. He looks like a fool now.

• Nicoles replied:

Myolie is not an attention seeker. It was the stupid media who publishes her weibo entry and the stupid netizens who choose to take her joke for real when anyone familiar with HK and TVB can see right away that it’s only a prank. Myolie has nothing wrong in this!

• llwy12 replied:

Um, yes, the HK Media might be stupid and I can’t stand the unscrupulous Media outlets either, but honestly, it’s their job to dig up gossip and publish it. Especially in this day and age with the popularity of social media, the traditional Media is digging through celebrities’ weibo, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, etc. ALL THE TIME trying to find stuff to publish — it happens EVERY DAY. To me, it’s naive for people to think that the Media won’t dig through someone’s weibo to find stuff — I thought everyone knew that if you put stuff on social media, it’s no longer “private”??

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • Anthony replied:

Sorry if my comment was offensive but I was just amused on why would Myolie do that. For happiness? For fun? Her personal Weibo and Instragram is still open for the public to see and I don’t see what’s really funny about the prank. The Myolie I know is more sensible. Also, I am not a Myolie Wu hater. I never really pay much attention to her out of all the Fadans; I don’t like her nor do I hate her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
      • Anthony replied:

Also I don’t think Johnson Lee was too upset. I mean his got a lot of friends from the entertainment circle like Joey Meng, and they will probably comfort him and support him anyway. Besides, I believe Johnson Lee is a person who has high self-esteem. No need to worry for Johnson

Login or Register before you can reply to Anthony
    15. Trini says:

That was an awesome prank that Myolie pulled off. Glad she apologized before obsessed fans had a hernia, lol. Myolie is a big girl, and I am sure if she chose to date Johnson, she is well aware of his flirtatious nature. The fans need to chill out and let these people date who they want to date. They may own a copy of these celebrities’ music and movies, but they do not own the celebrities. They need to stop telling these men and women who they can and cannot date.

Good on Myolie for pulling the wool over the media’s eyes. A man and woman can hang out, have meals together and go on vacation without being involved in a romantic or sexual relationship. Look at Wang Lee Hom and A-Mei, him and Shu Qi and other women. They even travelled together and were just friends in a platonic way. These women felt safe with Lee Hom because there was no romantic pressure or expectation, and it was like having a girlfriend along for lunch or a vacation. The media jumped in and blared all over the place how they are dating, just like the Myolie and Johnson situation, and the fans lapped it up like hungry dogs.

Good prank by Myolie, loved it.Now her controlling, over obsessed fans can get some much needed sleep, instead of being up, tearing out their hair about her dating Johnson, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Trini
    16. Aurora1234 says:

Phew Thank god Myolie and Johnson weren’t real, she can do much better than the cheater Johnson Lee. I admit I was worried what’s gotten into her. If she’s not getting back with Bosco she should find the likes of Kevin Cheng or Ruco Chan instead of finding someone much worse off like Johnson who will make her insecure.

That was an awesome prank there Myolie, great job nobody knew it was coming she has a great knack for humour and good on her to deceive the media! I hope this goes as popular as Linda’s prank last year which was nothing that special TBH. Johnson is good to have fun with but a NO NO as a love partner. I love all the pictures of them having fun in Korea that kissing picture was the best. It shows that even though you kiss a guy that doesn’t mean you guys are dating. There you go media, I like how the media was fooled by the smart Myolie 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Aurora1234
    17. Nicoles says:

It’s so sweet of Myolie to apologize because she didn’t do any wrong at all. I had already guessed Myolie was joking since Johnson Lee isn’t her type of romantic partner at all. How come so many are thinking it’s a real thing and starts getting disappointed at her? So gullible and ignorant since Johnson Lee is well known for his pranks. I don’t think these complaining people deserves to be called Myolie’s fans because her fan club members always stand by her no matter what happened!

I agree the group kissing pic was great. I think it’s also a sarcastic slap at the ever high profile husband stealer Vanessa Yeung haha.

18. g says:

Myolie seem little upset upon arriving home in the airport!! I really hope she is well!

Login or Register before you can reply to g
      • Aurora1234 replied:

Oh no I hope she’s well too and the media shouldn’t pester Myolie because of the harmless little prank! It’s only for fun and aren’t we all thankful that it was just a prank. Please give Myolie a space for her life.

Login or Register before you can reply to Aurora1234
        • LeilaFan replied:

How come upset? Were she upset because people were making fun at how Johnson not good enough for her? LOL!, just kidding!

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
      • LeilaFan replied:

And that clip of she arrive back, is coming back from the trip in South Korea with the girls and Johnson?

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
        • Barbiefan replied:

Yes Myolie and Johnson and the girls just come back yesterday. I hope the annoying press will leave her alone and don’t give her pressure. I don’t want Myolie upset.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
      • Hannahh replied:

F…. reporter leave Myolie alone.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
        • Barbiefan replied:

Yes the reporters should leave Myolie alone. This was just a fun prank because Johnson thinks Myolie is too serious and tense and need to cheer up. We should be happy that this prank managed to make Myolie happy again.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • MW replied:

Agreed, the reporter seem to be putting Myolie on the spot asking “覺得玩兒大了嗎?”

It was just a little prank. Good one, Johnson & ladies.

BTW, Myolie looks so refreshed from the trip. She looks younger with little to no makeup.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Barbiefan replied:

Agreed. I don’t think Myolie is wearing any makeup. She looks fresh, young and beautiful except a little tired at the annoying reporters who are pushing her just because of a cute little prank that most of us will also do if given chance. I’m happy that Myolie can look great with little or no makeup compared to her peer who puts tonnes of makeup on their face in the series I’m watching now and still looks old for a 34 year old. I don’t even think the era of the series has a poor woman wearing thay heavy amount of makeup. Sorry if I digressed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Barbiefan
        • Nicoles replied:

It simple. Myolie is all natural and has no plastic additions to her face that’s why she looks good and younger with very minimal make up. I don’t appreciate those who altered their face or wearing too thick makeups too while their makeupless face will look like a ghost.

Who do you mean by someone wearing too much makeup in a wrong era in a tv series? @Barbiefan

• Funn Lim replied:

Nicoles, she did do surgery on her jaws, because look at her past photos. She is not completely natural at this moment.

• AC replied:

Her past photos show that she has the same jaw, especially if you compare it to when she competed in Miss Hong Kong. If I remember correctly, there was even a segment where the judges said she had the best jaw.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
        • Funn Lim replied:

Let’s not argue over jaws and PS and baby fats. It will just open the whole PS floodgate again even though I disagree with you. One look at her in Ghetto Justice and my mind immediately thought something is different; her jaw line for example or rather somewhere thereabouts. Subtle but obvious.

• Nicole replied:

She had that pointy chin in year 2000 despite her baby fat at 20 years old.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
        • LeilaFan replied:

I did not see the Miss HK 1999, was that the year Myolie in?
          Here is a pic of Myolie in Miss HK 1999 wearing swimsuit.
          She have the chin, it just that her face now is Fuller than before.
          See the pic here

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
        • Funn Lim replied:

Disgusting swimsuit. I can see everything.

• MW replied:

“her jawline for example or rather somewhere thereabouts”

Maybe Myolie had her teeth straightened (which is very common)?

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    19. Nicole says:

When everyone was speculating it was Johnson Lee, the credibility rating went down to zero. I dont think I recovered from his House of Practical Jokes yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Nicoles replied:

That’s why I’m disappointed at some stupid people who are supposed to be Myolie’s fans but quickly believe and get disappointed at her when at a single look I can already deduce it’s a prank when I know it’s Johnson Lee. Johnson is her bestfriend and a King of Practical Jokes, not her type of boyfriend.

20. Ita says:

It’s just a prank. Wonder while people so worked up.
      Is it just me or Johnson lee look quite cool from the photos above, ah the sunglasses.
      Looks like they have lots of fun.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
      • ping0 replied:

No kidding eh? I thought it was funny lol!

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
        • Nicoles replied:

Indeed it was just a funny prank to laugh at. I don’t get why some stupid people will take this thing too seriously including the stupid media. It’s obvious that this is a prank, and it was done as a good deed from Johnson to make Myolie loosen up and have fun. I feel sorry for Myolie that some audience just don’t know how to appreciate a smart and funny prank.

• Nicoles replied:

Some people here can’t take jokes and fun. They are too serious for their own good. I feel bad for Myolie, take care girl.

21. LP says:

i think myolie wanted some attention since the media had been focusing on bosco and vannessa

Login or Register before you can reply to LP
    22. Bubblez says:

I don’t think the prank would hurt anyone since TVB has also published these two photos on their facebook page. And the comments on their photo has been quite positive.. And then there are those fans that are extreme and didn’t see it as a joke.

And since Nancy was the one who took the picture (according to asianuniverse), there was probably some kind of agreement between both Johnson and Myolie before posting it to weibo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • Hannahh replied:

agreeed!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    23. lemongrass says:

Maybe it wasn’t a prank but to test the public on their relationship.

Login or Register before you can reply to lemongrass
      • LeilaFan replied:

Rather that, or Johnson is VERY CLOSE to Myole.
        Well she give a kiss on the cheek, and she let him join their girls vacation.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
    24. Doggy 96 says:

what a show off to get pubics. she can come with me

Login or Register before you can reply to Doggy 96
    25. windy says:

I think it’s a harmless prank and fun if ppl don’t take it too seriously but i cant help but thinking its a bit of mocking to bosco’s relationship perhaps? haha like hey, i got even more surprising news? hahah LOL… i dont know.. u know a sarcastic joke?

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    26. ebbie says:

Great Prank !!! Love it ! Anyway great fan of both Myolie & Johnson.

Login or Register before you can reply to ebbie
    27. Rika says:

Even if she dates him for real, what’s the problem? She’s an adult and has the right to choose whoever she wants even if the counterpart turns out to be someone with a flawed past.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rika